Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww @Puddinroy‌ you are a sweetie! :)

No I don't watch anything any more. I know it upsets me so I just don't bother :(

I've spent the evening doing something pretty upsetting that I shouldn't have had to do. Hoping it will lead to better things tho :)

I miss my sims, I wish I'd had that instead today. Sometimes this is very hard on me and it would be nice if EA realised I do it because I love the sims and I want to encourage people not to lose hope. I know I would've given up by now if I didn't have all of you lovely participants so thank you :)

I love every one of you who shows a kind heart and compassion in dealing with each other. In a really difficult situation where many of us feel bereft from the loss of what we hold dear it's easy to lose hope but despite that you come here, we support each other no matter our positions and you are beyond wonderful in managing to do so when some try to cheapen the sanctuary we created here.

Thank you to those of you who realise I'm just a person and I do this to try to help *big cuddles*
  • Options
    LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member

No I don't watch anything any more. I know it upsets me so I just don't bother :(

I've spent the evening doing something pretty upsetting that I shouldn't have had to do. Hoping it will lead to better things tho :)

I miss my sims, I wish I'd had that instead today. Sometimes this is very hard on me and it would be nice if EA realised I do it because I love the sims and I want to encourage people not to lose hope. I know I would've given up by now if I didn't have all of you lovely participants so thank you :)

I love every one of you who shows a kind heart and compassion in dealing with each other. In a really difficult situation where many of us feel bereft from the loss of what we hold dear it's easy to lose hope but despite that you come here, we support each other no matter our positions and you are beyond wonderful in managing to do so when some try to cheapen the sanctuary we created here.

Thank you to those of you who realise I'm just a person and I do this to try to help *big cuddles*

Love back to you SparkFairy!
  • Options
    Puddinroy....that's just cool
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited January 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    ATSG thread is up. They said not to mention toddlers, but I couldn't help it. :(
    It's interesting that they mute us now and tell us what to ask and what not to ask. Like they would say: "Stop annoying us, we are not interested in you as a customer."

I got the message EA. *puts money away*

I'm at the point where I won't even spend money buying stuff in the TS3 Store. I don't want to give EA another penny of my money - they don't deserve it.
    LadyDaKare wrote: »
    Hey Fellow Simmers:

I just talked with EA support. The guy I talked to, Aaron, was speechless at first. I swear I could hear his jaw hitting the floor. He was extremely professional about it and said that he was sending it up to the studio with priority. So, I am truly hopeful that if not with this patch that definitely with the next patch we have family trees and no more incest or phedophelia.

Hey, @LadyDaKare, who's awesome? You're awesome!

And also, my 3rd generation Sim-heir from Midnight Hollow (Victor DeVille) got kidnapped by aliens and came back pregnant! It sure surprised his daughter (who is actually the clone of the Legacy founder, but don't tell her that!). Little Xeron just aged up to a Toddler and I thought you might want a little peek at his cuteness:

[img][/img]Screenshot-3.jpg

• Options
    @LadyDaKare thank you lovely :)

@Schweighsr‌ so, so cute :) I've never had alien babies in ts3...yet!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just read the Ask a Guru thread. Oh gosh, how I wish everyone would talk as respectful and true to us like @SimGuruDaniel . While he can not address our issue, he is always kind and willing to listen without us muting or talking down to us. I would be a much more patient customer if THAT would be the way we were addressed. I especially liked his honest answer that he feels sad when he sees that some playstyles weren't addressed enough. And guesss what? @SimGuruDaniel did NOT pull the "we can not please everyone" card. As I said: He does not talk down to us like we are little, not understanding children. And he is brave enough to address uncomfortable posts and questions as well. *claps* @SimGuruDaniel Thank you AGAIN for handling the situation so well again.
    Yeah I'm really impressed how he handles replies to people. He actually replied back to an old message I sent on how important dishwashers and family play were to me after the ATSG thread closed, "Thanks, Scobre. It's nice to hear personal stories, like why dishwashers are important to you. :)"
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Hey Fellow Simmers:

I just talked with EA support. The guy I talked to, Aaron, was speechless at first. I swear I could hear his jaw hitting the floor. He was extremely professional about it and said that he was sending it up to the studio with priority. So, I am truly hopeful that if not with this patch that definitely with the next patch we have family trees and no more incest or phedophelia.
    Awesome LadyDaKare. Thank you for doing that. Hopefully we will see a patch to fix it soon.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Ooook now I'm mad again. With my mingling I took some sims to a bar and they weren't even *doing* anything but as soon as they got there, their household money started to go down by s.10 at a time??? Oh my word this bug testing is going to be a pain ...
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Yeah I actually got a coupon from EA and I don't think I'll be using it. XD Really cute alien toddler picture. I think aliens are one of my favorite supernaturals of the game and I have loved them ever since they were introduced as playable characters in TS2.

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    ATSG thread is up. They said not to mention toddlers, but I couldn't help it. :(
    It's interesting that they mute us now and tell us what to ask and what not to ask. Like they would say: "Stop annoying us, we are not interested in you as a customer."

I got the message EA. *puts money away*

I'm at the point where I won't even spend money buying stuff in the TS3 Store. I don't want to give EA another penny of my money - they don't deserve it.
    Hey Fellow Simmers:

Hey, @LadyDaKare, who's awesome? You're awesome!

And also, my 3rd generation Sim-heir from Midnight Hollow (Victor DeVille) got kidnapped by aliens and came back pregnant! It sure surprised his daughter (who is actually the clone of the Legacy founder, but don't tell her that!). Little Xeron just aged up to a Toddler and I thought you might want a little peek at his cuteness:

[img][/img]Screenshot-3.jpg

@Schweigsr: cute toddler

:) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy: "Hey, @LadyDaKare, who's awesome? You're awesome!" Glad you like my signature. It's to remind you all that you ARE Awesome!

Your alien baby's lookin at me funny...dont' know about him ;)
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

Sometimes it is important to stand up and be counted. You have done that and for what you have achieved by doing that I thank you.

This is not easy and it would appear that some days we are dealing with two groups that want us gone from here. In the case of the company that is understandable. To receive the same treatment from fellow simmers is depressing and hurtful. Yet we are still here. Take comfort in that especially when you consider all the simmers who read this thread and all the lurkers who watch out for our thread.

We will be heard :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2015
    This is not easy and it would appear that some days we are dealing with two groups that want us gone from here. In the case of the company that is understandable.

Oh please @Bettyboop55, do not think like this. It is NOT understandable! If EA wanted everyone to like TS4, they would have postponed the release until the game was truly a finished product. Not the empty shell beta game they released. If they truly want us gone(family/sandbox players) then they would have made it clearer that this game would not appeal to us. But they chose to hide so many facts hoping we would continue to support the game with our $$$$ by giving us just enough to think the game will flesh out as more is added. So that means they wanted us! They just did not understand that we are no longer being led by our appreciation for anything Sims. We are expecting more for our $$$ now and are trying to hold them accountable for the mess they have created.

You hang in there and do not leave us. Every voice is needed in order to make EA understand just how much we have invested with the Sims franchise!

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    This is not easy and it would appear that some days we are dealing with two groups that want us gone from here. In the case of the company that is understandable.

Oh please @Bettyboop55, do not think like this. It is NOT understandable! If EA wanted everyone to like TS4, they would have postponed the release until the game was truly a finished product. Not the empty shell beta game they released. If they truly want us gone(family/sandbox players) then they would have made it clearer that this game would not appeal to us. But they chose to hide so many facts hoping we would continue to support the game with our $$$$ by giving us just enough to think the game will flesh out as more is added. So that means they wanted us! They just did not understand that we are no longer being led by our appreciation for anything Sims. We are expecting more for our $$$ now and are trying to hold them accountable for the mess they have created.

You hang in there and do not leave us. Every voice is needed in order to make EA understand just how much we have invested with the Sims franchise!

Hello Kimjo. I agree with you and I have no intention of going anywhere until Sparkfairy says so. It is late here and I am tired so what I should have said is despite the feedback we are providing we are an embarrassing reminder to EA that they have failed to please with this latest iteration. To that extent it is understandableBut beyond that I have no sympathy for them. Please believe that and they are definitely not having any more money.

No customer should be treated the way we have been. Without Sparkfairy to bring us together and keep us in order this campaign would never have got off the ground. EA are not going to ruin a beautiful game without some backlash from us. :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I was scared I don't have enough toddler pictures, I have too many lol
    Trying to get them all too fit :P
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I was scared I don't have enough toddler pictures, I have too many lol
    Trying to get them all too fit :P
    Yay more toddler pictures!
  • Options
    @06Bon06 is making us a wonderful signature to share :smiley:
  • Options

Hello Kimjo. I agree with you and I have no intention of going anywhere until Sparkfairy says so. It is late here and I am tired so what I should have said is despite the feedback we are providing we are an embarrassing reminder to EA that they have failed to please with this latest iteration. To that extent it is understandableBut beyond that I have no sympathy for them. Please believe that and they are definitely not having any more money.

No customer should be treated the way we have been. Without Sparkfairy to bring us together and keep us in order this campaign would never have got off the ground. EA are not going to ruin a beautiful game without some backlash from us. :)

You go girl!!!!!! :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options

Sometimes it is important to stand up and be counted. You have done that and for what you have achieved by doing that I thank you.

This is not easy and it would appear that some days we are dealing with two groups that want us gone from here. In the case of the company that is understandable. To receive the same treatment from fellow simmers is depressing and hurtful. Yet we are still here. Take comfort in that especially when you consider all the simmers who read this thread and all the lurkers who watch out for our thread.

We will be heard :)

Thank you lovely :)

To be honest you guys are the only reason I continue. I don't believe we should be allowed to feel this way and I don't believe the gurus would condone unbecoming behaviour in their name either :)

I just wish they would stop seeing hate. I'm not here out of hate. If I hated I wouldn't have bothered being here at all. I am here because I love the sims series and I want to be provided for in this game. At the moment it's an expensive mistake for me and that's a heartbreaking way to feel about a sims game :( I'm here because I love all of you who show such love, compassion and corners for each other when things seem hopeless. You give me hope :)

@kimjo313 thank you for encouraging people to stay strong. It sure gets hard sometimes but I'm glad I have help in my participants reaching out to others :)
  • Options
    Maybe we could create toddlers of each of the Sim Gurus avatars. :)
  • Options
    @Bettyboop55 I'm glad you aren't giving up lovely :) you guys really make me smile-you say such sweet things when I'm struggling to encourage me and I'm so glad that we have each other to understand how hard it gets sometimes :)
  • Options
    @kimjo313 thank you for encouraging people to stay strong. It sure gets hard sometimes but I'm glad I have help in my participants reaching out to others :)

You do more than your share! :D We will help each other to hang tight and battle on!!!! >:)

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

They are all on there ^^
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

They are all on there ^^
    Can't wait to see it!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Maybe we could create toddlers of each of the Sim Gurus avatars. :)

That's a fun idea :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top