Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need to witness the death of a sim.

Hi!
I'd really like my sim to get on with his public enemy aspiration, but he needs to 'witness the death of a sim'. Now that the lounge is no longer populated by elders most of the time, how am I supposed to get this done? I built an 'angry room' in the house - bunch of angry paintings and nothing else, trapped a townie in there with him and did nothing but mean interactions with her. She got 'enraged' but never went passed that. I also don't like the thought of having to kill someone! I'l searching for 'evil' elders but not getting anywhere.
Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    If you do not want to starve/drown sims, you could move in an elder as a rommate soon as your sim decides on his Public Enemy Aspiration. Then, while the sim is doing the first tiers of the aspiration, the elder is gradually growing older and will die naturally eventually. If "witness a sim die" is the only requirement left that you have to meet for Public Enemy, switch to another aspiration, move in the elder and switch back to PEnemy once the Elder is close to dying.

(b.t.w., I think the requirement is a bit over the roof. It´s something evil sims will enjoy, but not every Public Enemy aspiration sim is neccessarily evil. Just like irl not every misanthrope would go out and kill people).
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I got a full house! And my Public Enemy sim is about 3/4 of the way through being an elder. I just really want to complete this before he dies. I didn't think of drowning, I'll see if I can make that work.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    You could make someone laugh till they drop
  • Options
    So how exactly do I drown a sim who doesn't need a ladder to get out the pool?
  • Options
    SilverNamaraSilverNamara Posts: 42 Member
    Just build a pool, get the sim to swim in it, then switch to build mode and add fences.
  • Options
    fences! got it, thanks!
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    There's a couple of ways I liked doing it: Tick off a sim with a hot-headed trait to the point that they die or make one that's easily put into fits of laughter go into hysteria.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I downloaded Mr. DaSilva from the gallery and placed him in my criminal sim's household.
    I then had him repair the broken stereo with level 1 handiness skill. That's all it took.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Do testingcheats true, then put in, sims.add_buff buff_mortified. It's a lot easier than building fences and having to wait days for them to die.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    If you want to go the angry route, you would need a VooDoo doll to keep the Enraged buff from dropping.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I downloaded Mr. DaSilva from the gallery and placed him in my criminal sim's household.
    I then had him repair the broken stereo with level 1 handiness skill. That's all it took.

This is a great tip....I have just the evil sim and just the target. Thank you :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    > @catitude5 said:
    > Do testingcheats true, then put in, sims.add_buff buff_mortified. It's a lot easier than building fences and having to wait days for them to die.
    I have no idea what that first sentence means. I assume it's some kind of cheat, but the only time I ever used a cheat was like motherlode or something in the first game and that was like a decade ago lol.

My Public Enemy sim actually has a voodoo doll so I will definitely see if I can get that to work.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Man, I finally find a mean elder Sim and get him to hang out with my Public Enemy sim. They go swimming, I lock the mean guy in the pool. My sim took bathroom breaks, meal breaks, and drank 2 sleep replacements before the mean guy drowned. He was talking to him the whole time he was in there (aside from the aforementioned breaks) Finally after about 18+ Sim hours trapped in my pool, Grim shows up. Again, my Public Enemy was TALKING to the drowning Sim when he drowned. Somehow, someway, the requirement was not filled. He even pleaded with Grim (to no avail).
    I was worried this would happen so I saved as soon as he jumped in the pool. Exited without saving - I'm going to try to annoy him to death next. Meanwhile I'm starting to feel bad for him. Yes, he's an Evil Genius Bro Elder but evil geniuses are kinda cool.

Edit: 5 minutes into my 'do-over' my game crashed. LE SIGH!
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    duska3419 wrote: »
    > @catitude5 said:<br />
    > Do testingcheats true, then put in, sims.add_buff buff_mortified. It's a lot easier than building fences and having to wait days for them to die.<br />
    I have no idea what that first sentence means. I assume it's some kind of cheat, but the only time I ever used a cheat was like motherlode or something in the first game and that was like a decade ago lol. <br />
    <br />
    My Public Enemy sim actually has a voodoo doll so I will definitely see if I can get that to work.
    Yes, it's a cheat, but the death looks more natural than building fences around them, or around pools, and it doesn't take forever to happen.

• Options
    @catitude5 I totally understand, but I don't use cheats. I wouldn't even know how if I wanted to. Anyway it's Wayne's "last days". So I think I'm just gonna try one more day then let him go.
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    Hello duska3419!

I did completed this aspiration by killing a townie in a swimpool.

Pick up a townie on the road to greet. Click on the ground for interactions at the entry of your home lot and while Sims talk select on a townie interaction "Go here together". When they come there, choose any social interaction to keep townie in conversation. While Sims talk, click on the pool and select interaction "Swim here together". As soon townie entered swimpool, let your Sim go out of the swimpool and surround the pool with a fence, that this trapped townie cannot go out the pool. Now you can wait with your sim and care of its needs all the time, because your sim will need full motives at the end of this event.

Trapped townie will swim in a pool until its needs went into cellar. As soon you see an icon of the "Bed distress" in the thinking balloon of the townie, let your sim come nearly to fence, delete only 1 floor tile of the fence and let your sim go quick into the pool. Close this tile with fence again.
    Your Sim and townie will swim together until townie dies in a pool because of bed distress and no way to pass out for the townie. Your Sim will witness dead that way. If your Sim stays away from the pool or outside at the fence, aspiration will be not applied, because your Sim will not see a dead of those townie. This means your Sim and the townie must be in the same "room". In this case the pool is a room.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    *enjoys reading all these murder plots*
  • Options
    I DID IT!!!!!!!

Best solution ever - too bad I didn't get pics since I can share links now! Got my sim the Observant trait, made him stand outside mid-day when all the elders pass by, introduced himself to everyone till he found an Evil elder (Maurice I think) who also happened to be a snob, for added bonus. They went swimming, and I trapped him in the pool. As @Simsprocfun suggested I kept an eye on him till he started crying for his bed, made sure my sims needs were as full as possible then sent him back into the pool by way of a temporarily removed fence portion. Shortly thereafter Maurice died and Grim showed up. By sheer coincidence one of my other Sims wasn't doing anything and happened to be in a Confident mood so he "demanded" Maurice be spared. My sim was trapped in the pool with the body sooooo he couldn't plead for the deceased, though he was sad. Grim listened! Brought the sim back from the dead! And my Evil Genius has fulfilled his aspiration! He can die happy now.

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    8989898989898989 Posts: 11 New Member
    Done!(Finally) So I befriended some townie, actually became quite good friends, she moved in, trapped her in a pool(build a fence) and she died. What I did extra was bought a voodoo doll, bind it to the victim and used the poke interaction. I also gave the sim who had to witness the death the Observant trait(where you can get it in the reward section)and made the victim swim laps until I couldn't use the interaction anymore. So when the victim died (poor her) my actual sim was in the kitchen cooking, I stopped the cooking interaction and brought her in the garden where the trapped sim was. I notice then I'm not sure what's it call but the circle where what's your sim is doing, it said something with witness and voila that's how I did it.

This took me four attempts
    Good luck my simmers ;)
  • Options
    BeesteengerBeesteenger Posts: 217 Member
    Just how do we know when our Sim is near death or about to die. I have a Sim that was made the first day I had this game. He had beautiful red hair that is now gray. Any knowledge out there. I am dreading his death. He's my oldest Simmie. :(
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    @Beesteenger You probably should have started a thread of your own for this question as it isn't really on topic with the OP, but since you didn't...You'll get messages for a few days before telling you to prepare for the end, that is, if it's your active Sim.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Your Sim is near death from old age if the age bar is full. That isn't very helpful, though, because your Sim might still survive for several days.

The first reliable indication that death is about to happen is having Expire in the queue but that isn't very helpful either, since it's too late to stop the death. You still have a short time to remove things from the Sim's personal inventory if you want control over who gets them and time to set up for taking pictures or video of the death scene but that's about all you can do.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    How about witnessing his own death? >:)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    MrNepathyMrNepathy Posts: 3 New Member
    Quick question on the original topic. If you live in an apartment, and thus cannot build fences all over the place, how can you accomplish this?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    MrNepathy wrote: »
    Quick question on the original topic. If you live in an apartment, and thus cannot build fences all over the place, how can you accomplish this?

Hello
    These are links to death cheats in the game. You could add a townie to your sims household or just play as the townie , then use the cheats to kill him. Then your sim can witness the death.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Death
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/. (The cheats are half way down the page )
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top