Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would purchase dlcs and excuse the base game is not completed

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Thing is, they should have HEARD US when we played Sims 3... Sims THREE - and always talked about the lovely toddlers we remembered from Sims 2. (Not to even mention babies, *sob*) Seems they need audiology help.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I actually want a refund.

Tough.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Options
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Tough.

Clearly, lol. I've spent over 500 hours on this game so EA will never give me one. I still maintain that the money would be better spent on hearthstone packs.

Gag! Talk about a lack of content.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    They can't give everything away for free.

We deserve free content considering this game is half as-sed and half baked sold for $60+

You bought it because you wanted to. It was clear what you were getting.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i get that they can't give everything away for free...it's a business and that's time and money BUT the game wasn't made correctly therefore everything that needs to bring the game back up to par should be free...i will not waste anymore money in this pathetic base of a base game.....they rushed it they wanted to get it out fast......i would have rather waited months or another year for the almost $80 for this pathetic game that is now down half in the origin store!!!!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @‌mortia

I do want toddlers as well (even if they were kinda annoying) but I'm so fed up with people screaming for it non-stop and in every thread. I'm pretty sure the Gurus heard us by now.

Well seeing we still have no toddlers - apparently we need to keep reminding them. The elephant in the room is toddlers - and they ain't going away until Maxis bring them back.

They ever plan for us to stop talking about it - then make them re-appear.

Off course if the truth be told if people stop talking about it - it is generally a sign they no longer care and have left the building.... I don't think Maxis would much care for that idea either if they want a weekly pay check to still keep coming. What happened to Sims medieval and Spore when people got fed up - as the majority of people do eventually get tired of saying the same old thing over and over - but at the expense of just giving up the unfulfilling game.

Maxis devs do not get a paycheck when we all move back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 to get our sims fix. So they can take the missing toddler bull by the horns and fix it while some of us are still looking for toddlers or have their jobs and this franchise in serious jeopardy. At least while we still complain - we still care. If it is any indication I am getting seriously tired of complaining at this point... THat is saying mountains about someone like me known as a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and fangirl....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well seeing we still have no toddlers - apparently we need to keep reminding them. The elephant in the room is toddlers - and they ain't going away until Maxis bring them back.

Off course if the truth be told if people stop talking about it - it is generally a sign they no longer care and have left the building.... I don't think Maxis would much care for that idea either if they want a weekly pay check to still keep coming. What happened to Sims medieval and Spore when people got fed up - as the majority of people do eventually get tired of saying the same old thing over and over - but at the expense of just giving up the unfulfilling game.

Maxis devs do not get a paycheck when we all move back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 to get our sims fix. So they can take the missing toddler bull by the horns and fix it while some of us are still looking for toddlers or have their jobs and this franchise in serious jeopardy. At least while we still complain - we still care. If it is any indication I am getting seriously tired of complaining at this point... THat is saying mountains about someone like me known as a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and fangirl....

It's not about stopping to request it. It's about stopping to spam each thread with "No toddlers". Everyone (that includes the devs) knows that toddlers are very important for many people but it's just plain annoying to read "toddler" every 2 minutes. I'm on the same boat as everyone else but I think it's time to tone this down and see what the first EP is about. If it's not toddlers, h ell may break loose.

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

It's not about stopping to request it. It's about stopping to spam each thread with "No toddlers". Everyone (that includes the devs) knows that toddlers are very important for many people but it's just plain annoying to read "toddler" every 2 minutes. I'm on the same boat as everyone else but I think it's time to tone this down and see what the first EP is about. If it's not toddlers, hell may broke loose.

I think people will feel better if the bugs get addressed and they get some information on what they're working on. Even the people who want toddlers more than anything might decide that a really comprehensive, interesting EP would bring back some of their enjoyment, and lots of people are just waiting til the bugs are fixed before going back. Hopefully we will hear something soon now that the holidays are over :)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

We deserve free content considering this game is half as-sed and half baked sold for $60+

Actually sweetheart. I didn't its been gifted to me twice already and i've sent it back to the giftors each time.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    I've read that they're done giving free content patches from a certain article which I've forgotten to bookmark

This is a lie. Guru Grant said they will continue free patches in future.

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Yeah, "Unless we don't." So reassuring of them.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

Actually sweetheart. I didn't its been gifted to me twice already and i've sent it back to the giftors each time.
    What did you say when they asked you why are you giving them back? I'm curious :3
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've read that they're done giving free content patches from a certain article which I've forgotten to bookmark

I remembered an interview where they said something that Sims 4 was a "live" program, and it would be getting updates or patches alongside DLCs/EPs/GPs, etc. I hope that's true. I would hate for this game (or even the franchise) to be dropped off so suddenly like Sims Medieval did... :(

EDIT: I would be happy to buy DLCs/GPs/EPs, especially a family one (I'm praying for this one!), as long as the major bugs keep getting patched up. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Nope, I am not a sucker to EA, and thus would not give them my money. If, and this is a big IF, they do add back all the features from previous base games into the game for free and open up the neighborhoods since they won't make the whole world open. Then after they have done that, only then will I buy Sims 4 and get the EPs.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

It's not about stopping to request it. It's about stopping to spam each thread with "No toddlers". Everyone (that includes the devs) knows that toddlers are very important for many people but it's just plain annoying to read "toddler" every 2 minutes. I'm on the same boat as everyone else but I think it's time to tone this down and see what the first EP is about. If it's not toddlers, h ell may break loose.

I think that if people are hopping into threads that have nothing to do with feedback or toddlers and spamming about them, I can see how that would be annoying, and if they're being offensive you should report them. There are some great threads for talking about that subject in particular, notably @sparkfairy1 's Family Play thread. But I see people everywhere talking about many other things other than toddlers; the desire for open neighborhoods (at least), being able to meet and bring home playmates/co-workers, more interactions between children outside of the playground, a Family Tree and ability for family members to recognize each other as such, unplayed Sims not forming romantic attachments to strangers the minute you change main families...the list goes on. So it's kind of ridiculous to see people painting all who have negative opinions of TS4 with this broad "BooHoo, stop whining about Toddlers" brush.

Also, inb4 someone replies to this with "you knew what you were buying", nah I didn't know that 90% of the stuff I listed above was missing until I got the game.

And for the comments questioning why people who don't like the game continue to visit these forums? It's because if we ever want to see change, we have to make ourselves heard. Also, most of us want the game to be something better, and we visit the forums hoping that we'll see some news that will spark some sort of interest in it again. And when someone opens up a neutral thread asking for opinions either way, guess what? You might just see some that don't match yours. Learn to deal.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    No matter which side of the fence you are on, "righteous snark" is a great phrase. I wonder what kind of wings a righteous snark has? :) Love it.

@applefeather2‌

They're actually kind of cute :smile:

AQ3Pgk5.png?1
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Nope. Sorry. (Actually, not sorry at all.) My bank account does not exist to support a global corporation's subpar work.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member

I'm not sure I see anything about free content in this tweet. It seems unrelated to that subject except for the fact that it mentions patches in general.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

What did you say when they asked you why are you giving them back? I'm curious :3

Basically they were disappointed, told them both it was a waste of money as the game gives me no enjoyment. They returned it and got a refund.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I knew what was missing in Sims4. I really thought there would be some really good stuff to make up for it :s

I don't regret buying it. I don't want a refund. I still hope the game gets fixed. I don't have it installed atm but I am waiting to see what happens next.

I think EA knows exactly what they are doing with this game and where they are going with it. I don't think it matters what we the fans really want or had hoped for. They know, we just don't!

I miss the color wheel, the open world, the toddlers (never played them that much but it is weird seeing a baby go straight to a child) I liked to teach them to walk, talk, and potty train them. Then I would age them up. If you didn't like toddlers you could age them up right away.

Options is what a lot of people want. You cannot satisfy everyone and its not about satisfying me, its about if the game is something I can get play out of. Right now, its not for me. Will it ever be? I hope so!

I guess I still want to hold on to some hope?
  • Options
    CrazyJennyCrazyJenny Posts: 413 Member
    I will gladly hand over all of the money in my savings account to EA.
    If I could have toddlers or a Seamless World, I would pay pretty much whatever EA asked. Like first born, no biggie. My inheritance, done. My soul, of course.

tumblr_mk4bvwHC1q1ru055qo10_500.jpg

I have this little store...let's just say it's, made for good. ;)
    https://etsy.com/shop/Made4Good
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is interesting. The other base games in Sim 1 to Sims 3 I could play for hours without a problem. This one either needs to greatly improve or go away.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    It is interesting. The other base games in Sim 1 to Sims 3 I could play for hours without a problem. This one either needs to greatly improve or go away.

It is pretty amazing because in the base game of Sims 1 you could do practically nothing. There were, what, 100 objects? You couldn't leave your home lot. Only 3 life states.

You are either burned out on Sims games or your nostalgia is getting the better of you.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

It is pretty amazing because in the base game of Sims 1 you could do practically nothing. There were, what, 100 objects? You couldn't leave your home lot. Only 3 life states.

You are either burned out on Sims games or your nostalgia is getting the better of you.

Sims1 was the start of something new! It kept me going with the base game. I thought the expansions was just icing on the cake!

Sims1,2,and 3 base games kept me busy till other expansions came out :D