Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would purchase dlcs and excuse the base game is not completed

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    if Maxis promise to release free patches with gameplay features to enrich the base game (like they did with ghosts, pools, careers) regularly as how frequent they release their dlcs.

get over it - it is what it is
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    That's the same thing i'm doing. won't be buying anything right now until something interesting comes.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    All I know is, I'm not buying anything until I see something about Toddlers. From there I will decided where my money will be spent on and how.

You will buy whatever EA puts in front of you and you will like it.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    All I know is, I'm not buying anything until I see something about Toddlers. From there I will decided where my money will be spent on and how.

You will buy whatever EA puts in front of you and you will like it.

That's what they think ;) But my money will hibernate in my wallet.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    Outdoor retreat doesn't really intrigue me too much, but I'm a little desperate for new items. EA knows my weak spot!
    Post edited by rodneyclint on
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Mebrilia wrote: »
    Pool were not for free dear...

Wait, this is pretty simple.

Did you pay to have pools in your copy of The Sims 4?

Answer: No.

How you can say that doesn't mean pools were free I have no idea.

Here's the issue with that logic. We also paid to not have dishwashers and to have giant microscopes - there's no way we could have known all of what we weren't getting up front. Many, like me, thought the other elements of the game would make up for what was missing.

When I bought my new teapot and it arrived in the mail, it was broken. I didn't know that when I bought it. Did I buy a broken teapot? By your logic, yes - I was expecting a teapot, I got a teapot, I should just take what I got. Most of us had no idea just how empty the game was of content until we attempted to play it. It's *all* the missing content and lacking gameplay and bugs combined that make it disappointing, not just one thing. When we purchased this, we expected a fully immersive, complete Sims experience on par with what previous base games provided at their release. Many of us believe we did not get what we paid for.

I got a refund for my teapot, by the way. At least some companies actually care about their integrity.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    [ When I bought my new teapot and it arrived in the mail, it was broken. I didn't know that when I bought it. Did I buy a broken teapot? By your logic, yes - I was expecting a teapot, I got a teapot, I should just take what I got. Most of us had no idea just how empty the game was of content until we attempted to play it. It's *all* the missing content and lacking gameplay and bugs combined that make it disappointing, not just one thing. When we purchased this, we expected a fully immersive, complete Sims experience on par with what previous base games provided at their release. Many of us believe we did not get what we paid for.

The problem with your, ahem, "logic", is you are looking back on past releases with rose tinted glasses. There is plenty of content in the Sims 4 base game compared to previous base game launches. You are misremembering things or blurring the line between base game and base game + patches + expansion packs + stuff packs.

Trust me. It's okay. You can choose to not like this game all you want, but when you throw a tantrum like this and insist the game completely plums because of all the "missing" features you make it sound like anyone who likes the game is stupid.

Stop that. You're not right. You're wrong. It's okay to be wrong, just admit it and move on.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    There are always going to be things left out, from the little things like dishwashers to the bigger things like toddlers. But it's always been that way. I remember people losing their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because TS3 base game didn't have hot tubs or pool tables :| and countless other things that were eventually added to the game via an EP that you were probably going to buy anyway even if the base game did come with everything you could have ever hoped for.
  • Options
    [ When I bought my new teapot and it arrived in the mail, it was broken. I didn't know that when I bought it. Did I buy a broken teapot? By your logic, yes - I was expecting a teapot, I got a teapot, I should just take what I got. Most of us had no idea just how empty the game was of content until we attempted to play it. It's *all* the missing content and lacking gameplay and bugs combined that make it disappointing, not just one thing. When we purchased this, we expected a fully immersive, complete Sims experience on par with what previous base games provided at their release. Many of us believe we did not get what we paid for.

The problem with your, ahem, "logic", is you are looking back on past releases with rose tinted glasses. There is plenty of content in the Sims 4 base game compared to previous base game launches. You are misremembering things or blurring the line between base game and base game + patches + expansion packs + stuff packs.

Trust me. It's okay. You can choose to not like this game all you want, but when you throw a tantrum like this and insist the game completely plums because of all the "missing" features you make it sound like anyone who likes the game is stupid.

Stop that. You're not right. You're wrong. It's okay to be wrong, just admit it and move on.

Nope... I had the sims 2 and the sims 3 base games from day one. I played each one for months unadulterated. That's not rose colored glasses, that's being happy with 2 and 3 at release, and feeling horribly let down by 4, and whatever you think of my feelings won't change all those happy months I spent exploring those base games - thankfully - nor will it suddenly make me want to play 4.

And I really shouldn't have to point this out, but since you bring it up, I've never once been anything but happy for the people who do like the game, as I wish I had been able to like it myself. Additionally, I have never been, nor will I ever be, "wrong" about how I, myself feel about something, no matter how much someone else decides my thoughts are invalid and tries to assert their own as fact.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nope... I had the sims 2 and the sims 3 base games from day one. I played each one for months unadulterated. That's not rose colored glasses, that's being happy with 2 and 3 at release, and feeling horribly let down by 4, and whatever you think of my feelings won't change all those happy months I spent exploring those base games - thankfully - nor will it suddenly make me want to play 4.

I didn't say you didn't enjoy Sims 2 and Sims 3 at launch. Stop reading into what I'm not saying.
    And I really shouldn't have to point this out, but since you bring it up, I've never once been anything but happy for the people who do like the game

Again, I didn't say you said anything, I said you're implying it.
    Additionally, I have never been, nor will I ever be, "wrong" about how I, myself feel about something,

Wow. Okay. For the third time, cut it out with the strawman arguments. I never said your "feelings" were wrong. As I said before you can dislike Sims 4 all you want. That is your opinion and no one can say your opinion is wrong. What you are wrong about is how the "lack of content" in Sims 4. It has just as much if not more than previous base Sim games at launch.

The problem is you look at something like toddlers and think "Well there ya go! Less content!" It might be less content that you want, but that does not mean the game as a whole has less content.
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member

And I really shouldn't have to point this out, but since you bring it up, I've never once been anything but happy for the people who do like the game, as I wish I had been able to like it myself. Additionally, I have never been, nor will I ever be, "wrong" about how I, myself feel about something, no matter how much someone else decides my thoughts are invalid and tries to assert their own as fact.

So have I. And I agree with Joe.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    Nope... I had the sims 2 and the sims 3 base games from day one. I played each one for months unadulterated. That's not rose colored glasses, that's being happy with 2 and 3 at release, and feeling horribly let down by 4,
    yeah... i completely feel the same. isn't it supposed to be better and better? can't believe high ratings and reputations of the franchise had been let down by sims 4 like this. really want to bash this signboard?
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't think I've ever felt the base games for TS2 or TS3 incomplete on their release dates. In TS4, it's very noticeable and you can't just ignore that you've lost some things you're used to playing with all the time. I really don't want to buy them all back though. All the necessities at least. It makes me wonder if it's all worth it in the end since this new game's gameplay isn't for me anymore.
  • Options
    Senbre wrote: »
    Nope... I had the sims 2 and the sims 3 base games from day one. I played each one for months unadulterated. That's not rose colored glasses, that's being happy with 2 and 3 at release, and feeling horribly let down by 4,
    yeah... i completely feel the same. isn't it supposed to be better and better? can't believe high ratings and reputations of the franchise had been let down by sims 4 like this. really want to bash this signboard?
    Jimil wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever felt the base games for TS2 or TS3 incomplete on their release dates. In TS4, it's very noticeable and you can't just ignore that you've lost some things you're used to playing with all the time. I really don't want to buy them all back though. All the necessities at least. It makes me wonder if it's all worth it in the end since this new game's gameplay isn't for me anymore.

It stands to reason in my mind that each subsequent release should build on the innovations of the last. Furthermore, there is pressure to provide something in the new version that will compete with the previous ones for our attention. And lots of people enjoy 4, and are looking forward to the new content - which is great. But if the game is going to succeed, they need enough people to stick with it or decide to buy it to justify continuing development. It's totally possible that their new fanbase is substantial enough to keep it going, and I hope that's the case. I'd feel sad for the people who truly love the game if it got cut off early. It worries me that a significant number of loyal simmers feel alienated, and I hope they address it. More happy Sims fans is better than fewer happy Sims fans. More sales means a brighter future for the game. I hope they have enough happy fans to get them.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

Wow. Okay. For the third time, cut it out with the strawman arguments. I never said your "feelings" were wrong. As I said before you can dislike Sims 4 all you want. That is your opinion and no one can say your opinion is wrong.What you are wrong about is how the "lack of content" in Sims 4. It has just as much if not more than previous base Sim games at launch.

The problem is you look at something like toddlers and think "Well there ya go! Less content!" It might be less content that you want, but that does not mean the game as a whole has less content.

I love how you contradict yourself there, it's great.

And I'm still looking for the part where she threw a tantrum.

Not every complaint from disgruntled Sims players stems from Toddlers or the lack thereof, by the way. You should probably try to understand that. And in the same way that you love the game and seem to fly into a righteous snark whenever someone expresses an alternate opinion or criticism, maybe you could try to accept the fact that they have as much right to express that opinion as you do.

• Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    & Happy New Year! Jeez
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am still throwing my money around :D in Sims3 B)
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    I love how the thread was kind of fun earlier and things got serious. lol
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No, I'm going to wait to see if the AI and multitasking will improve first. My sims are irresponsible and obsessed with chatting (and playing musical chairs) than doing important stuff, like taking care of their kids, or you know, not starving to death, lol! :wink:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    They can't give everything away for free.
    Who knew.... Here all this time I thought EA was a charity.
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »

Wow. Okay. For the third time, cut it out with the strawman arguments. I never said your "feelings" were wrong. As I said before you can dislike Sims 4 all you want. That is your opinion and no one can say your opinion is wrong.What you are wrong about is how the "lack of content" in Sims 4. It has just as much if not more than previous base Sim games at launch.

I love how you contradict yourself there, it's great.

And I'm still looking for the part where she threw a tantrum.

Not every complaint from disgruntled Sims players stems from Toddlers or the lack thereof, by the way. You should probably try to understand that. And in the same way that you love the game and seem to fly into a righteous snark whenever someone expresses an alternate opinion or criticism, maybe you could try to accept the fact that they have as much right to express that opinion as you do.

Except I didn't contradict myself. Geez can anyone on this forum follow along with a simple post? This is getting silly now.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    They can't give everything away for free.

We deserve free content considering this game is half as-sed and half baked sold for $60+
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    No matter which side of the fence you are on, "righteous snark" is a great phrase. I wonder what kind of wings a righteous snark has? :) Love it.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    @‌mortia

I do want toddlers as well (even if they were kinda annoying) but I'm so fed up with people screaming for it non-stop and in every thread. I'm pretty sure the Gurus heard us by now.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    My husband loves The Sims games....makes it easier for him to buy me gifts. I get carte blanche to purchase what I want and he doesn't have to go shopping....win win for both us. :)

Woot.