Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    bgirl1008bgirl1008 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ok i have 3 things that bother me 1)THE BABIES CRY LIKE EVERY SECOND THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG!!!
    2)THE HAIR IN THE SIMS 3 THERE IS NO COOL HAIR!!
    3)THE CLOTHES!!!
    I only have the sims 3 and i just really want better hair and clothes because i've seen the sims in the sims 2 and they're way better
  • Options
    ChrysameChrysame Posts: 528 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I hate that when I upload a Sim it lists in the description that they have unknown (hidden) traits but when you download them those traits are gone. My pyro girls will have to be reloaded as households.

I dislike not being able to put additional lots in my towns. I really dislike when I move a Sim from one town to the other that I lose the family tree.

• Options
    treiatreia Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I hate it when ur sims needs go to low to fast. thats why i use cheats.
  • Options
    Mz9O6Mz9O6 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ii hate the way we have tOo wait Outside when Our simz gOes in different buildings!! a little bOring!

EDIT;

Ooh i alsOo hate that there are NO CLOTHING STOREZ!! we cant even gO clothes shopping ! lol
  • Options
    jjefferson0977jjefferson0977 Posts: 2
    edited September 2009
    I am also bothered by the fact that i can't make sims fall in love.
  • Options
    safariformesafariforme Posts: 270 New Member
    edited September 2009
    what i hate the most about the sims 3 is the fact that the whole town plays while your playing one family. i used to like creating different kinds of families and switching from one to the other. but in sims 3 if you leave one to play with the other they continue doing stuff without you telling them to. thats what i hate the most.
    i also dont like the animation or lack of animation for when people are taking their car to go somewhere.
  • Options
    SAlbertsSAlberts Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    I'm anoyed with the amount of household objects! I mean we all bought all the expansions for Sims 1 and 2, and we only get 4 fridges in Sims 3. What a... you know. I like the game and all the different ways to play but seriously.
  • Options
    luigiforever96luigiforever96 Posts: 167 New Member
    edited September 2009
    what i hate the most about the sims 3 is the fact that the whole town plays while your playing one family. i used to like creating different kinds of families and switching from one to the other. but in sims 3 if you leave one to play with the other they continue doing stuff without you telling them to. thats what i hate the most.

I love that part of the game, that's the main reason why I got it. However it does get annoying, as my Sim-self and my guy friend's Sim-self started dating and had children together without my consent (playing a different family). Gonna be hard to explain to him... :shock:

Done with being OT now; the only thing that bothers me is the lack of kids/toddlers hair and lack of interaction with babies. I would love to see more stuff too for babies and toddlers; furniture like strollers, as well as maybe clothes for babies? Like onesies? That would be cute. ^_^
  • Options
    BunnylipsBunnylips Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I've never seen anyone else post this, but the toddler heads are too small and, of course, too round. Plus the animation and sound for toddlers' crying is too infantile. It's like they just grabbed that from the baby phase in Sims 2. Drives me nuts.

Of course, these are small things but, combined with the major thing that bothers me--the utter boring nature of Sims 3--made me go back to playing Sims 2 (and loving it).
  • Options
    zoggie112zoggie112 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I hate how you can only have one family, and if that family gets to big, and people needed to move out, you wouldn't be able to play with them again. I prefer the sims 2 for that respect as you could make your own neighbourhood with the sims you wanted.
  • Options
    Lil_Mermaid_GirlLil_Mermaid_Girl Posts: 4
    edited September 2009
    I'm annoyed at the fact that there are hardly any facial hair options for adult men. I can't make my bf because of this. He either has to have a completly stubbly face, regular mustache, or a piece of hair right under his lips that looks weird. I just want a normal looking small goatee (sp?) for him.

And why can't we adjust the sliders for eyebrows anymore? Most of the eyebrows for men are extremly bushy/unrealistic looking. Only the first three look like anything realistic.

Well, that's my thing I hate the most, but then again I just started playing yesterday and haven't got past create a sim because of my above problem. lol...
  • Options
    Mopar56Mopar56 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited October 2009
    The AI... which in the Sims3 means "Artificial Incompetence". I feel that the priorities of the freewill sims is backwards. They should base their needs before their wants, as in: Bladder first, then hunger, hygiene, sleep, social, and lastly fun. Don't wait until the last 5%... maybe start checking needs at around 30%.
    Secondly, I think that the animation routines are too long and using up too much of the game clock to accomplish simple tasks, such as the complaint about two hour showers. Either go with with rapid action animations or slow the game clock down 50% to 75%. On the flip side, speed up the accelerated clock to zip through periods of boredom to something like 5x, which would work really good with the <key4>.
    One more... the age estimates for each stage of life seem to be a little out of balance. I figure that the age cycles for each could be much better if based on real life. Say (based on normal aging), Infant - 2days; Toddler - 3days; Child - 7days; Teenager - 7 days; Young Adult - 15 days; Adult - 25 days; Elderly - 10 to 40 days (depending on physical condition, ie: more fit, longer life).
  • Options
    RubySashaKingRubySashaKing Posts: 172 New Member
    edited October 2009
    The thing that bothered me the most is that When I left my Broke family to go play another for a few days I came back and they had twin girls. It made me really mad.
    So now each of my families has their own save file.
  • Options
    jameecafjameecaf Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited October 2009
    yes, I agree with Jameecaf-it's annoying how the sims' cars run through each other..and I hate how the sims look from far away-like moldy blocks of cheese at a distance..Toddlers are worse, with horrendous pudding faces and droopy features..I hate editing the town and then choosing my active household because I only play one family in the first place so why is this necessary? I hate the long save times as well. Most of all I hate that just about every single lot is a rabbit hole and how hard it is to find which building offers which classes and at what time or where I need to go to achieve a certain opportunity. I want more for the toddlers and realism for the younger life stages, like having sleepovers/slumber parties, etc. And the ability to ground my teens.
  • Options
    Gargantua29Gargantua29 Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2009
    1. The fact that traits have no true influence on personality.
    2. No memories.
    3. Toddlers can't interact with anyone. I miss the nursery rhyme!
    4. Lack of variety in musical instruments.
    5. The fact that EA made it so difficult for custom content creators and modders to "fix" the game.
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    When people make threads that say "Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3."

The game JUST came out, wait for more expansion packs and give it a chance people....
  • Options
    Irishbrwnie4Irishbrwnie4 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2009
    Out of an entire neighborhood we can only save and play one family, rather than having numerous playable families with thei houses being saved. Makes having growing children seem pointless if you have to ditch either them or the parents. It owuld be nice to the have the old layout back as well as the option to turn on sotry progression...so we don't feel stuck with one tedious project at a time.

I'm gonna cheat here and add another...the sims 3 is too boring with it's real life issues and lack of time! many of us became bored a week after playing, and we don't want to be! We want to love this game...so please give us more reason to!

This game has a lot of great aspects, but not enough time spent on the big picture...which is to allow us easy transition between families and to resemble the whimsy of the first game a little bit...quit making it so serious!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:
    yeah, that's frustrating too
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Talba001 wrote:
    What really bothers me and frustrates me is that I cannot follow another family's story like in the Sims 2. I do not like the fact that when a sim is moving out you have to kick him out and have to pick which family story you would want to be active, when you chose you lose that family forever, and you can only visit them to see how they are doing. LAME!!!

EXACTLY...this is exactly what makes me want to dust off my sims 2 again...but it's just such a shame, because the sims 3 has great aspects too, but this problem right here ruins the game for me.
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited October 2009
    enformer wrote:
    Its the hair.

They are all garbage lol.

Everything else I can redesign and color. But not the hair. The next EP probly will be called barbershop or hair care lol.

Totally this in every way!!
    The girls have SOME decent hairstyles, but the dudes have nothing at all!! I end up having to put a hat on like every person...
  • Options
    michele09michele09 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I would like to kno how u have a real wedding like how u get married at churches and all that? and bride dresses and stuff.????

if anyone knows that would be awesome
  • Options
    MenenMenen Posts: 218 New Member
    edited October 2009
    When I make a male sim, he doesnt look any different from when i started. Even though i move all the sliders.
  • Options
    SaratoadSaratoad Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    Cant change the height of my Sims. I want most of them (not my own personal sim) to be taller than me.

Great idea!

I have way too many problems with the game to list.
  • Options
    cms1229cms1229 Posts: 3
    edited October 2009
    I wish it had vampires and werewolves like in the sims 2. :(