Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    llamacorn wrote: »
    It makes no sense that they left out so many feautures we used to have..considering this is a life simulation game. AND Sims 4 is supposed to be a step forward, not a downgraded edition of the top selling simulation game of all times :S

I dislike that I can make my teen look like a 30 year old woman with minimal effort and of course the baby to child straight from the bassinet. ^^
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Just posting to let you know that we are paying attention, we do read this thread but there is nothing to update at this time on the topics that matter most to you. Until we have something definitive to say, we can't say anything at all. But i don't want you to think that we are ignoring you. That is not the case.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh boy. This can not be good. If Sim GuruBChick has posted another " we are listening, we can not tell you" post just before a patch is due, it can only mean we family style players are not going to be happy. Again.

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Did anyone excepted toddlers or family tree in the patch ? Realy ?
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member

Not really, but the game has other issues from a sandbox players view. (Really)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    LPentLPent Posts: 147 Member
    This does not really inspire confidence, nor does it raise our hopes and neither does it alleviate our anxiety. So what is it exactly they are not ignoring? May I respectfully remind EA that posts on this forum are not just words but represent our emotions and personalities. I will accept you do not ignore our words, but I find it difficult to believe you are not ignoring us as people. I do hope I don't sound too harsh but I am beginning to get a bit angry. My apologies.
  • Options
    SwjosdotschkaSwjosdotschka Posts: 10 New Member
    Did you all really expect family related stuff in the patch or afterwards? I mean, I do not even expect anymore family related stuff ever again, but definately not in the upcomming days. The "no commen" this time is the same "no comment" they said pre-release in terms of pools, toddlers and same-height teens.

"No comment" in EAish just means: "It's not there." And in terms of a GOOD and DEEP family play, I say it will never be there. Yes, I say it: Never.

@SimGuruBChick I'm sorry, I know you do not have a very thankful job so to speak. I really do not want to jump on you in person but your company is disapointing us more and more with every day that we are not REALLY addressed with our topics. Me personally would maybe TRY to trust EA again when at least someone from "above" would just hopp in here regularly and comment on our posts. Comment on ideas for toddlers, on playstyles we developed, on concernes toward the engine. Anything! Anything more than "no comment". Just to show us some respect. Because at the moment it feels like this topic is only been read to make sure there is no violation of board-rules, not because anyone from EA is interested in the family-play aspect of the game.

I mean, people here have shared deep emotions, illnesses and stories about how long they have played the sims. A lot of us have stated how long we have supported the franchise up until now and there is not even a "Wow, I think you family-players are really faithful customers. Thank you for that, we really appreciate."

Not even that.... EA has got it on a silver plate, the concerns we all have and the anger we feel and the reason why we feel it. It would be so easy to address it, even BEFORE you can say something about future projects. But all we earn here is silence. And I can not help but still feel ignored. Sorry.
  • Options
    SwjosdotschkaSwjosdotschka Posts: 10 New Member
    Ooops, sorry, wron origin account. Anyway, Swjosdotschka is the same as Swjosdotschka2, I just lost my password in the past
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    LPent wrote: »
    This does not really inspire confidence, nor does it raise our hopes and neither does it alleviate our anxiety. So what is it exactly they are not ignoring? May I respectfully remind EA that posts on this forum are not just words but represent our emotions and personalities. I will accept you do not ignore our words, but I find it difficult to believe you are not ignoring us as people. I do hope I don't sound too harsh but I am beginning to get a bit angry. My apologies.
    kimjo313 wrote: »

The "big" issues will take time to be fixed. That's just the way it is. So we get small patch to keep us busy while they work.
    When it's done ;)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Did you all really expect family related stuff in the patch or afterwards? I mean, I do not even expect anymore family related stuff ever again, but definately not in the upcomming days. The "no commen" this time is the same "no comment" they said pre-release in terms of pools, toddlers and same-height teens.<br />
    <br />
    "No comment" in EAish just means: "It's not there." And in terms of a GOOD and DEEP family play, I say it will never be there. Yes, I say it: Never.<br />
    <br />
    @SimGuruBChick I'm sorry, I know you do not have a very thankful job so to speak. I really do not want to jump on you in person but your company is disapointing us more and more with every day that we are not REALLY addressed with our topics. Me personally would maybe TRY to trust EA again when at least someone from "above" would just hopp in here regularly and comment on our posts. Comment on ideas for toddlers, on playstyles we developed, on concernes toward the engine. Anything! Anything more than "no comment". Just to show us some respect. Because at the moment it feels like this topic is only been read to make sure there is no violation of board-rules, not because anyone from EA is interested in the family-play aspect of the game.<br />
    <br />
    I mean, people here have shared deep emotions, illnesses and stories about how long they have played the sims. A lot of us have stated how long we have supported the franchise up until now and there is not even a "Wow, I think you family-players are really faithful customers. Thank you for that, we really appreciate."<br />
    <br />
    Not even that.... EA has got it on a silver plate, the concerns we all have and the anger we feel and the reason why we feel it. It would be so easy to address it, even BEFORE you can say something about future projects. But all we earn here is silence. And I can not help but still feel ignored. Sorry.

I couldn't agree more.

It really bothers me that after such obvious loyalty to your game and the team the first time we have issues we 'appear' to be treated like irritants and we don't matter as much as your other customers.

So we hurt because you abandoned our playstyle, we hurt from the treatment since then and we hurt that our loyalty and commitment appears to mean absolutely nothing to EA as a company.

@SimGuruLyndsay and @SimGuruBChick we appreciate you are forced to tow the line and we understand you as staff in particular can't talk (I have no desire to see you in trouble) but it's more than disappointing that we've had zero acknowledgement from EA given the absolute truths given from the heart from a section of your dedicated fan base. Who feel so marginalised and continually so given the way we've been treated.

We appreciate EA is a large corporation-that's why we want to hear from someone with real authority that this thread has been taken seriously and it's not just lip service. We put so much trust in you all and our trust has been damaged so 'we are listening' is very hard to swallow without a real acknowledgement beyond this.

I started this thread in faith in you guys-I wanted to show you how important this issue is to help you understand for yourselves where people stand and why-and it's gone way beyond my wildest dreams how I'm not alone in missing these aspects.

It may well be unintentional but the 'appearance' of this issue is negative and does damage trust in EA further-especially the longer it goes on. People are giving up, they are abandoning something they've devoted nearly 15 years to. Really truly sad to watch.
  • Options

The "big" issues will take time to be fixed. That's just the way it is. So we get small patch to keep us busy while they work.
    When it's done ;)

Yes-but surely you can see how people feel this way when many of us own the game and can't play the way we enjoy because the tools to do so don't even exists. So for many of us these patches are pointless for now-because we aren't playing :-( it's very hard to be the people shut out without warning. If I'd known the full extent of removal of play style I enjoy I never would have bought the game. So I'm out a lot of money on something I can't enjoy. In this climate that's not going to go down well.
  • Options
    And btw no one expects toddlers to be patched this second. All we want is an acknowledgement of our issues and a recognition that it's something they will work on. Otherwise we are just being strung along indefinitely which isn't fair :-(
  • Options

When it's done ;)

Yes-but surely you can see how people feel this way when many of us own the game and can't play the way we enjoy because the tools to do so don't even exists. So for many of us these patches are pointless for now-because we aren't playing :-( it's very hard to be the people shut out without warning. If I'd known the full extent of removal of play style I enjoy I never would have bought the game. So I'm out a lot of money on something I can't enjoy. In this climate that's not going to go down well.
    Yeah, I understand.

The player in me can't wait to see some stuff back, but the dev in me says "it's gonna take time".
  • Options

When it's done ;)

Yeah, I understand.

The player in me can't wait to see some stuff back, but the dev in me says "it's gonna take time".

Thank you :smile: it's hard watching everyone else getting hints, patches, whatever that makes them excited and happy and for us we are in the naughty corner being told to wait, wait, wait. Pools and careers we knew about months in advance. So it suggests to us that silence means no chance. If there's no chance then they need to tell us, because this seems cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    A little Sims Commercial history for all.

The Sims 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6UHmDPZ3eQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yLpvhNfoWA

The Sims 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc_VDWRAQo

The Sims 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-DeJTZ4lLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gXiw5URNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BAUNzJvts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPnK9JHoddc

The Sims 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLmN1D1P2RI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvBLke6uDPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4hVTV1bfbQ

Commercial wise you did a great job really ;)
    But what do you mean with you rule really right now ? Can't understand why you from Maxis or EA think thats needs to mention. Did you found out wired story is not good enough to sell the Sims 4 ? Even this new Marketing Slogan will not change the bad selling really. Get back what the Sims was meant not going something far away from its predecessor!!!! Life Simulation not Party Game !!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Thank you :smile: it's hard watching everyone else getting hints, patches, whatever that makes them excited and happy and for us we are in the naughty corner being told to wait, wait, wait. Pools and careers we knew about months in advance. So it suggests to us that silence means no chance. If there's no chance then they need to tell us, because this seems cruel.
    When you're working on a project that big, predicting delay is hard.
    Basically, things never goes as planned.
    You can plan to release feature Y then feature X. Bump on a bug on feature Y, and release X first while you figure out Y.
    That's why the silence. Because thing are too unpredictable. And big companies in general are know not to say much.
    Post edited by EowynCarter on
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @sparkfairy1: I hope your mom is okay.
    @all: I'm still here, just busy.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Sorry, folks, but I've had it. After having all of my replies deleted on a certain thread, being practically accused of attacking an arrogant condescending player, simply because I pointed out the arrogance and condescension, and worst of all, having *his* arrogant replies left on the thread...I've had it. I'll be lurking, but don't expect to see me posting much. As soon as the new patch is released, I'll be in permanent lurk mode.

Sorry for the off-topicness of this, but, as you can see, I'm a wee bit bitter about this double standard.

ETA: I need to make a slight correction: the offending poster's replies were also deleted, but were quoted by other players. Still, the principle stands. When we have to allow such disparaging comments without the ability to call out the offender publicly, I'm sorry, but that's a bit too much for me. I may still post on this thread from time to time, but I've lost my taste for these forums.
    I'd hate to see you go, your comments are always well thought through and make sense.
    I do understand however why you feel bitter about this (though I really don't think they treated you that way on purpose).
    When mods remove certain comments they'd better remove the whole lot (including quotes) to avoid a situation like this.
    I hope you'll reconsider.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    The new patch is here and unsurprisingly there is nothing related to family play APART from... which I am very pleased about is the following
    Family leave
    Parents can now take paid time off for the birth of their baby
    Moms can take time off during the third trimester. Sorry dads, you have to wait until after the birth to take time off
    Family Leave is separate from PTO, and does not affect your PTO balance.

I hope this can continue and I hope they can now finally address the problems with family play and provide us with what should of been in the basegame.

P.s. I understand that for a lot of players on this thread the above quote will not matter for you and won't give you the excitement to play TS4 again but as someone who is an active player I am glad to see this and Im looking forward to trying it out. (I just need toddlers to make it perfect hehe) I don't know why but it has given me a little hope. Some of the other notes have discussed changes such as aspiration objectives now being easier to complete, eating the fruit and veg from our inventory and MOO which I am very pleased about.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Shearsy wrote: »
    The new patch is here and unsurprisingly there is nothing related to family play APART from... which I am very pleased about is the following
    Family leave
    Moms can take time off during the third trimester. Sorry dads, you have to wait until after the birth to take time off

I hope this can continue and I hope they can now finally address the problems with family play and provide us with what should of been in the basegame.

P.s. I understand that for a lot of players on this thread the above quote will not matter for you and won't give you the excitement to play TS4 again but as someone who is an active player I am glad to see this and Im looking forward to trying it out. (I just need toddlers to make it perfect hehe) I don't know why but it has given me a little hope. Some of the other notes have discussed changes such as aspiration objectives now being easier to complete, eating the fruit and veg from our inventory and MOO which I am very pleased about.

Im glad to see you are happy @Shearsy :) but I am afraid the absolute refusal to acknowledge this is even a problem speaks volumes to me.
    I have been unable to sleep worrying over my mother in the hospital and I wanted just something, anything to make my day a little better. Instead, as predicted, its the 'We are listening' spiel we have had since september. Now they are going on holiday so for players like me this makes 2014 a complete bust in terms of sims 4 with a complete lack of shred of light to look towards. I just want to be able to love it and they make it seem further and further away with every release of 'awesome' new patches for everyone else without even acknowledging this issue.
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Shearsy wrote: »
    Family leave

Im glad to see you are happy @Shearsy :) but I am afraid the absolute refusal to acknowledge this is even a problem speaks volumes to me.
    I have been unable to sleep worrying over my mother in the hospital and I wanted just something, anything to make my day a little better. Instead, as predicted, its the 'We are listening' spiel we have had since september. Now they are going on holiday so for players like me this makes 2014 a complete bust in terms of sims 4 with a complete lack of shred of light to look towards. I just want to be able to love it and they make it seem further and further away with every release of 'awesome' new patches for everyone else without even acknowledging this issue.

I'm so sorry you feel like this and I know many many players will be thinking the same but I hope with what I quoted is a sign of things to come. My fingers and toes are crossed. We will not quieten down and we can not give up. I was hoping they would add family trees i dont think this will be difficult to add and i am extremely gutted they didnt. I'm sorry, I try to be positive regarding this issue. Sometimes hope is what I run on.

How is your mum? I hope you and your family are okay. You are in my thoughts. Sending lots of hugs.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @KrayzieStryker
    Those commercials bring back such fond memories of playing the series of games.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Your mother is in my prayers. I hope she gets well soon.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member
    @sparkfairy1 I don't pray but I send positive thoughts to you and your mom. I bet she is a strong woman as are you. From the bottom of my heart I really truely thank you for all your work you do for us. EAs community management can learn a lot from you - though I am afraid they won't. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top