Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you guys think of New Zealand?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    It's a country, I don't really study other countries to find out what goes on over there .
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited December 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I once had a penpal from New Zealand. All I know is that there are jumping spiders somewhere down there so I don't wanna go there.

Yeah I had a dream to go to Australia and then I saw a facebook post about all the things that live there that have one purpose: to kill off mankind. More than half of them were spiders. :o

And given that NZ is fairly close by it's easy enough to assume those spiders can likely just leap over the 500 miles or so of Ocean. No thanks.

I actually think the worst spiders in NZ are white-tailed spiders. I remember how when I was little at school, whenever someone saw a spider, they yelled out "It's a white-tailed spider! RUN!!!!!" though it never was one. I lived my whole life there and haven't seen one at all.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I once had a penpal from New Zealand. All I know is that there are jumping spiders somewhere down there so I don't wanna go there.

Yeah I had a dream to go to Australia and then I saw a facebook post about all the things that live there that have one purpose: to kill off mankind. More than half of them were spiders. :o

And given that NZ is fairly close by it's easy enough to assume those spiders can likely just leap over the 500 miles or so of Ocean. No thanks.

I actually think the worst spiders in NZ are white-tailed spiders. I remember how when I was little at school, whenever someone saw a spider, they yelled out "It's a white-tailed spider! RUN!!!!!" though it never was one. I lived my whole life there and haven't seen one at all.

That sounds about like what Black Widows and Brown Recluses here. Though course they don't like anything like the White Tailed Spider. But if you want a run in terror google the Huntsman Spider. Ironically, it's "supposedly" not dangerous to humans. I don't believe it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Lord of the Rings is mostly based off of New Zealand.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I had a friend a long time ago who was on a working visa with her husband, she is a nurse. She was extremely competent and a really great person, but moved back after the visa ended. Anne was from Auckland and I saw some amazing pictures from there.

Um, anywhere they have spiders with TAILS, I do not want to go there, thanks anyway, lol. :o:#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I had a friend a long time ago who was on a working visa with her husband, she is a nurse. She was extremely competent and a really great person, but moved back after the visa ended. Anne was from Auckland and I saw some amazing pictures from there.

Um, anywhere they have spiders with TAILS, I do not want to go there, thanks anyway, lol. :o:#

If you're talking about the White-tailed spider, it doesn't really have a tail. It's just called that because it has a white thing sticking out.

2598135869_7f4c6004fa.jpg

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I want to visit. Don't really know much about it.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    The Shire
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2014

That sounds about like what Black Widows and Brown Recluses here. Though course they don't like anything like the White Tailed Spider. But if you want a run in terror google the Huntsman Spider. Ironically, it's "supposedly" not dangerous to humans. I don't believe it.

Apparently the Huntsman Spider is venomous but it's fangs are too small to penetrate human skin. So they just look scary.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    You guy really love chocolate milk.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    well joey im glad u asked.lol I know not 2 call u an ausie,ur women are kiwi shaped,hobbits live there,Its not worth takeing in a game of risk,joey is prolly the most common name in Nz,haha,the toiletz swirl right-left not left-right,ur accent is atrocious,u take orderz from a queen,look at ur money yes u do joey!,kevin sorbo still hunts ur women for sport,and u were helpfull joey thanx i found off topic u rock!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    well joey im glad u asked.lol I know not 2 call u an ausie,ur women are kiwi shaped,hobbits live there,Its not worth takeing in a game of risk,joey is prolly the most common name in Nz,haha,the toiletz swirl right-left not left-right,ur accent is atrocious,u take orderz from a queen,look at ur money yes u do joey!,kevin sorbo still hunts ur women for sport,and u were helpfull joey thanx i found off topic u rock!!!

Could you please say that all again because it was a bit confusing for me to read.

• Options
    Well joey im glad u asked[quote="Vici0us_Virus;13060052"]well joey im glad u asked.lol I know not 2 call u an ausie,ur women are kiwi shaped,hobbits live there,Its not worth takeing in a game of risk,joey is prolly the most common name in Nz,haha,the toiletz swirl right-left not left-right,ur accent is atrocious,u take orderz from a queen,look at ur money yes u do joey!,kevin sorbo still hunts ur women for sport,and u were helpfull joey thanx i found off topic u rock!!![/quote]
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well joey im glad u asked

Um, you didn't really change much. Could you please simplify it a bit more?

• Options
    Joey if ur not a robot describe ur mother board!
  • Options
    Joey if ur not a robot describe ur mother board!

Huh? What's that?

• Options
    Too personal? Where is magnetic north? I thought what i'd do was pretend i was one of those deaf mutes and i thought what i'd do was pretend i was one of those deaf mutes and...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

If you're talking about the White-tailed spider, it doesn't really have a tail. It's just called that because it has a white thing sticking out.

2598135869_7f4c6004fa.jpg

God Almighty joey, nice giving someone heart failure. :o

I was joking about the tail...you did not have to show a giant picture of the thing, lol but thanks anyway...if I see one I'll know where it came from. (j/k)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I haven't seen the typical jumping spider for years, but you should know they're tiny anyway - like fly sized - and they don't bite.

I live in NZ too. We're actually pretty lucky for not having very many dangerous native creatures. No snakes, alligators, bears, and coming across a proper poisonous spider usually takes some work. There is eels but unless you do something stupid like cover yourself in blood and go swimming in a stream - you likely will never have an issue with them.

I somewhat take the whole thing for granted. But I was thinking about it when heading in to work the other day - it's not mind blowing but I live 20 minutes out of a city centre and I have a mountain filled with native bush and birds right at the back of my house - nice big lawn - and I'm not even rich.

Each morning I drive in on the motorway sneaking through the big hills (most of which still have forest/bush because it was too steep to build on), then along the Wellington coast in to the city - and on a sunny day like today that blue almost still water is a pretty nice view of the city.

Cost of living is rather **** though.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Sadly, I don't know a great deal about New Zealand, but what made it famous to me is, of course, The Lord of the Rings and now the Hobbit movies. What a fantastic countryside you're blessed with over there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I'd love to go spend a summer there for June,July and August and get to see winter in the monthes I usually have summer.
    Tad, it's good to see you on these forums!

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Teehee...
    All I can say to all of that, is stand away from the juice bar… :p