Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• Options
    Lilly433Lilly433 Posts: 82 Member
    @ajaxpost thank you for that! The only problem is I only have about 200sp and I'm getting no ads so I don't think that'll be a possibility right now but I'll keep that in mind!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2014
    Lilly433 wrote: »
    @ajaxpost thank you for that! The only problem is I only have about 200sp and I'm getting no ads so I don't think that'll be a possibility right now but I'll keep that in mind!
    Yep, those ads can be difficult to find when you really need them :(

Whichever sets you are after, it's always worth checking all the linked sets and, especially, compilations, because CYS can be really powerful particularly when used with a set on Sale or, better still, on the DD.

Good luck with your Store bargain hunting :)
  • Options
    RedlawRedlaw Posts: 84 Member
    ajaxpost thank you, tested the grill... seems on my curernt comp its has a bug... all well if I get the righr expasion it wont matter much... that or another item from the store lol. Either way I wan tto finish that one set. Urg was saving up for Midnighthallow then a bunch of sales happened lol. But next year past many sets... my main goal is world and venus... only got one, got the guts of a few for some. But hey after my bday is a good day to go hunting for things lol.

Thanks again ajax it does help. Three price cuts is better then just one and it was on my wl for a looooong timne to. Thank you tons.
  • Options
    Lilly433Lilly433 Posts: 82 Member
    Thank you for the statue @ajaxpost !!!
  • Options
    front360front360 Posts: 784 Member

I can help you :D I'll go take a look at your wishlist. Let me know if the cascade works!
    front360resized1.jpg
    Siggy made for me by skdluzak: Isn't it beautiful
  • Options
    janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    I'm hoping to complete the Country Livin' Set & Drifting Desire set sometime soon.

#1-13 are the Drifting Desire set (most items are 50 simpoints or less, two of them are 86 simpoints)

#20-27 are the Country Livin' Set and the items are more simpoints, anything there would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=janineisabaws
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm currently working on the Technophobe No More set!! It's #1-25 on my wishlist! Anything from the set would be more than appreciated :D Thank you!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Lilly433
    Ahh, the Technophobe No More! ... part of one of the best CYS cascades! A long-time Daily Stalker realised that it was easy to get a HUGE amount of Store content for VERY LITTLE using a single Gothic Glamour item.

I'll quote his original post..

@Shogo_Yahagi wrote:
    1. Go to the Gothic Glamour Home Office Set. Buy the Scary Stare Statue for 25 SP.
    2. Now buy the Home Office Set for your new CYS price of 345 SP, for a total spend of 370 SP you've bought a set priced at 408 SP; now watch the dominoes fall...
    3. Go to the Gothic Glamour Living Room and Home Office Collection. Hit your shiny new Download Now button to get your Free Gothic Glamour Living Room Set.
    4. Go to Technophobe No More. Hit your shiny new Download Now button to get your free MultiTab.
    5. Go to the Oh My Goth! Compilation. Hit your shiny new Download Now button to get your free Steampunk Savvy Set, Gothique Sleeping Room, and Gothique Living Room sets.

You now have a compilation of five sets valued at 1750 SP plus a PC item worth 500 SP for only 370 SP! :D

It works because the first item you buy in a set that is CYS enabled takes more off the price of the set than you paid for the item. But this only works for the first item.

I think this may have changed a bit since then because the Store team have been fiddling with some of the prices but it is still worth investigating!

Loads more advice and help on getting great deals in the DD Stalker thread and you can see how it all works (and all the maths!) on the DD Information board.

When I did it, it basically worked out the same for me, though I had a CYS discount, because the points I saved showed up elsewhere. That was in the last couple of months, and I posted how it went somewhere in this thread. Nice deal overall! Wish I knew some others that would fall nicely like that!

• Options
    burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    Thank you @KittyKat8103 for the Ruffled Meshness, and @blacksheba1973 for the SimSilk Lingerie and Silk Pajamas. I managed to get the Luxe Loungewear set for 15 SP! I'm very grateful :)
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Glad you got it. :)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    taurus2ttaurus2t Posts: 54 Member
    Hell everyone, I attached my wishlist store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=taurus2t Any help at all would be great. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    You are very welcome @burtnick, I'm glad you got the set! :)
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I want to thank @kittykat8103 for the Overachieving Counter and @Mustangmama for the Excessinator Stove. I appreciate the gifts!
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    You are very welcome @Kaike78 :)

2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Does anyone know what time that sale page ends? I am trying to finish the castle set and have it down to 200sp now. I am hoping for a few mor3e ads....lol clicking like mad!!
  • Options
    @Pixieydust It usually changes around 9am my time (MST)
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Thank you so much @KittyKat8103, I was just coming on here to say even if I do not get enough ads by then, it is no biggie because unless I am mistaken, this set comes along quite often! I am on the west coast =D

btw my son's friend is staying here along with a kitty...her name is Kit Kat. I often type in your name as JittyKat..lol and I get the numbers wrong too.
  • Options
    You're welcome @Pixieydust! It does come around a lot, but check your CYS again, see if that helps ;)

What a cute name, Kit Kat! Lol, I have to fix names sometimes too ;)
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited December 2014
    MayaRose1138,<br />
    You're very welcome for the gift and to help bring your set down faster I just sent you another gift...lol!

Thank you very much :) Thanks to you and @KittyKat8103, those two gifts brought the price down to 235 points, and I have enough points to buy it now! I got a few more ads last night, virtually sitting at my computer and pressing the button for about an hour, to get them :) So I'm off to buy the set and download them. I don't know how much that will bring the June 2011 compilation down - it's at 16% at the moment, so maybe I'll have to work on that one next. Thank you to everyone who does such a wonderful job gifting others; it is very much appreciated :)

I'll have to wait and see what is on sale tomorrow before loading up my list again :)

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MayaRose1138

Edit: well, that got June 2011 down to 755 points, or about 40%, which is good :) I'm just wondering what the best way to get the rest of the compilation will be. Suggestions are welcome :)
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    Yay! Glad you got the set @MayaRose1138! :)
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Yay! Glad you got the set @MayaRose1138! :)

Thank you! I'm glad too :) Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Thought I might give this thread a little bump, with best wishes to all of you CYSers out there this holiday season (I figured since it's December 1st in Australia, I can officially start the gift-giving season celebrations)! I managed to hit one kind simmer here, but I'm still looking for more! Anyone else trying to CYS something that went on sale (but more expensive) than their CYS discount? I've got a few more points of holiday cheer to spread around! :)

EDIT: Also a huge thank you to Loveless-Chocobo and Naley22 for the Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining items! Not sure if Loveless-Chocobo found me through here or somewhere else, but my CYS price is down to 185sp on the July 2011 Compilation! I'm feeling so Christmasy already, I might just have to put the tree up today! :D

You are so generous @kellycot1, always helping others <3

Unfortunately my top 2 wishes(since I pretty much joined the Sims 3 community) are the Prism Art Studio and the The Now & Then Century Manor, but they are(as so many other sets :( ) not available for a complete a set discount..Puh.. However, there are always something else that I am trying to complete. Right now I am trying to get several sets, first and foremost Fifth Avenue Fashions, Live, Laugh, Love, and Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear(I am in love with the old fashion styles, and these sets would be perfect in Roaring Heights)

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy simming (*)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=HopeAK

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @MayaRose1138 Best scenario is of course the compilation showing up on sale or on the DD. That is a bit of a long shot, though. Which sets do you have completed?

If the compilation doesn't go on sale you need individual items for the combined worth of about 830 points to complete the compilation. You might get those cheaper by finishing a subset which contains individual items with a combined worth of that many points, if the subset is on sale or on the DD. It might also be cheaper to just finish the compilation. This depends on what sets you have already finished.
  • Options
    JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    I have the book chair and potty from lullabies and nursery rhymes (5%) and would be great to complete the set! If anyone would like to help me I would greatly appreciate it!

store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JENiiEY

Happy Hoildays :)
  • Options
    melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member
    Thanks so much to @KittyKat8103 for the Wigwam Dresser! I really appreciate it! My CYS is up to 35% now :smiley:
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • Options
    tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    @stringcircle, @izaap, @hopeak, @kforti, @folala ... thank you for the wonderful gifts!! I'm sorry for the late responses, I just realized that my post never went through a few days ago when I originally wanted to thank you :(
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)