Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    thank you @trithone, @awellenbl, and @bekkasan for the mill gifts, and @cogitoro for trying!

i felt kinda guilty for asking even though people were asking people to speak up. everyone was just so enthusiastic, so i did-- and i really appreciate you all helping me out.

what an exciting afternoon, haha. we're all so excited about a little cottage for tea! and it got up to 29% sold at the end, that's pretty crazy.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2014
    Current Deal:
    885) Seeing Stars / 571 / 2100 / 73% / 2 hours
    (same price as 708)

Up Next:
    886) Blazer Jacket with Hoodie / / 75 / / 2 hours
    887) Al Fresco Street Market / / 1710 / / 2 hours (repeat of 142, 294, 659)
    Post edited by wittanthony1 on
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    Radlee wrote: »
    thank you @trithone, @awellenbl, and @bekkasan for the mill gifts, and @cogitoro for trying!

i felt kinda guilty for asking even though people were asking people to speak up. everyone was just so enthusiastic, so i did-- and i really appreciate you all helping me out.

what an exciting afternoon, haha. we're all so excited about a little cottage for tea! and it got up to 29% sold at the end, that's pretty crazy.

I was sitting here paying bills and feeling sorry for myself. Being able to help you out really perked me up, so I am grateful for the opportunity to help someone!

Geez...Seeing Stars (at a good price!) and Al Fresco coming up tonight? Makes me wonder if this is some kind of Grand Finale of good deals before the repeat starts. Probably not, but it would be awfully fun if it was.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    Glad to have helped @wittanthony1.

@Cogitotoro - Ashley, you have been gift-blocked. Welcome to the club!
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    There's such a great buzz on this thread when a highly desired item comes up and we're able to share in the excitement and joy of fellow DD Stalkers having their patience and perseverance rewarded with a great deal.

And this is why I love CYS and believe that it has really boosted Store sales as we are able to gift (barring the occasional gift blocking!) and help each other get sets they might never have been able to afford otherwise.
    This is why I stayed here all afternoon rather than doing so many other things that OE has waiting. I also noticed that we have stayed on topic for quite a few pages. I am enjoying the game of wishlist attacking. Hmm. I had better go watch more ads. I will have to do that later, OE is screaming at me!

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited December 2014
    ajaxpost How did you do that? My page is set to private!!! Sorry for cluttering up the list but I can't post to his page.

edit sheesh, forgot to say thank you.
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Well, we were asking you to please let us gift you some things, @Radlee. ;) So there really is no reason to feel guilty. I wanted to join in this gift-blocking action. Sorry you were blocked, @Cogitotoro. :p

I hope you and @Grouchybeast still got it in time.
  • Options
    Seriously. If the dang Outcast Odyssey ads would work without liking their page I would probably be getting 500 more sp a day. I refuse to like them. They even pop up when it's time for other ads, they're hogging their space.

Yay for the Mill! Hope it's a great deal for everyone! :D

Try not being signed in to facebook when you see the ad. You don't have to be signed in to get the points. At least it worked that way for me a little earlier today.
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    Hi. I am a new Simmer. My partner recently got me hooked. We've got all the EPs and some SPs (but he had misplaced some of the codes, so not all of them show as registered on our account). I was really excited to find this page as we are both in college and on a tight budget but I was hoping to add some new content to our games, so DDs really help us a lot and this thread has been very informative!
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Glad to see so many more simmers were able to take advantage of that discount along with some help from this generous community. It really is a beautiful thing :) I have to say, that was sooo much fun! As each day goes by, I find myself thinking more and more about the Store and Daily Deals...I didn't think I would go this way, but....I'm thinking... I want to own the store now!! I'm going to have to track down @kellycot1's checklist and start my inventory...curses! What have I become?!! A true DD Stalker I think! Speaking of which... the current deal, Seeing Stars does anyone have that? Is it helpful for Showtime? I haven't used Simport in a while but was thinking of trying it again (if it still works that is) Do you find you use these costumes / hair or are the ones from the EP sufficient? Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks <3
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    calents wrote: »
    Hi. I am a new Simmer. My partner recently got me hooked. We've got all the EPs and some SPs (but he had misplaced some of the codes, so not all of them show as registered on our account). I was really excited to find this page as we are both in college and on a tight budget but I was hoping to add some new content to our games, so DDs really help us a lot and this thread has been very informative!

welcome to the party, calents!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Seriously. If the dang Outcast Odyssey ads would work without liking their page I would probably be getting 500 more sp a day. I refuse to like them. They even pop up when it's time for other ads, they're hogging their space.

Try not being signed in to facebook when you see the ad. You don't have to be signed in to get the points. At least it worked that way for me a little earlier today.
    I'm never signed in to facebook - ever - and those dumb ads won't work for me. I tried doing the "like" and then just not signing in, but it didn't work. Anybody else have tips for them?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    I had to go pick up my son from school, otherwise I would have joined in some more on the gifting. Glad to see there was more gift blocking going on and more people got the Mill! :D

@wittanthony1 you are very welcome! :D

Yay for the Mill! Hope it's a great deal for everyone! :D

Oh yes, I had posted earlier that the ads had changed. Before they were asking to "like" their page and it would then ask me to log into Facebook, but now they ask you to share their Facebook and it'll now give points without doing so. I imagine someone must have complained about it to them.

You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    I'm thinking of getting the "seeing stars". 73 % off is quite alluring. But I'm still a little unsure. It's not on my list. Is it usable?
  • Options
    Cogitotoro wrote: »

I'm never signed in to facebook - ever - and those dumb ads won't work for me. I tried doing the "like" and then just not signing in, but it didn't work. Anybody else have tips for them?

Try it again, they changed it from liking their page, to sharing their page. Their Facebook page will pop up, and the points will then be given.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2014
    scillakees wrote: »
    ajaxpost How did you do that? My page is set to private!!! Sorry for cluttering up the list but I can't post to his page.

edit sheesh, forgot to say thank you.
    You are welcome. Yes, your My Page was private but your wishlist is not, so I could give your list a little smack as a thank you for my gifts and all the others you have been so kind to. (*)

Yes, I think I set my TS3 My page to 'friends only' - though the PM and "wall" on this forum is pretty open :)
    -
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Niralyn wrote: »
    Argh! Did we ever figure out the tiny square "A plugin is needed to display this content" ads? :angry: <sigh> :anguished:

And congrats to all those who finally got the Brunch at the Old Mill set! :smile:

I just had an ad like that a little earlier too. I just waited it out and it gave me points after a minute or so. I was using firefox at the time.

Wow, yesterday and today there have been a lot stuff I don't own on the dd.

• Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    It's nice to see something on the DD that people are excited about! It looks like it's selling really well too, it was already at 11% after 5 minutes. I love seeing people get great deals. Now if only we'd see a world or two up on the DD. :)

A world would be awesome, I can't remember the last time I saw a world on DD.

Oh the market is coming up too but I'll be tucked in dream land, hopefully next time round it will be at a more civilised hour for me.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    Okay. I checked out the two builds by SimGuruKitty for the Old Mill. One looks lovely, the whole thing is built and says "The Old Mill" ((Remake of 53 Waterfall Way in Sunset Valley) .
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314506

The other is just the the lot, sculpted differently and a set of stairs to nowhere. It is called " Stoney Falls Near The Old Mill"
    (Remake of 57 Waterfall Way in Sunset Valley for The Old Mill)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314505#

Is there a reason I should bother with #8314505 ?
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    > @ajaxpost said:
    > scillakees wrote: »
    >
    > ajaxpost How did you do that? My page is set to private!!! Sorry for cluttering up the list but I can't post to his page.
    >
    > edit sheesh, forgot to say thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > You are welcome. Yes, your My Page was private but your wishlist is not, so I could give your list a little smack as a thank you for my gifts and all the others you have been so kind to. (*)
    >
    > Yes, I think I set my TS3 My page to 'friends only' - though the PM and "wall" on this forum is pretty open :)
    > -
    Well, thank you very much. I was stunned. I didn't think anyone could access anything of my page. I don't think I can post anywhere other then the list right now since I'm not quite a real member yet.

Again sorry to everyone else for cluttering up the list.
  • Options
    2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    The Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles is on sale and I got the green download button! Thank you @Amber8, @KittyKat8103, @kforti, @bunchie05, @dothesmustle, @Aunza, and @front360 who helped me from various threads!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member

Try it again, they changed it from liking their page, to sharing their page. Their Facebook page will pop up, and the points will then be given.

Thanks! ...aaaaand now I'm not getting any of those any more. Sigh.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    @scillakees thats a pretty awesome thing you are doing.

@missy2311 glad you got the full set for super cheap!
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    i haven't been this excited to fire up my game in a while! i'm going place the mill in dragon valley and do some canning!

and @scillakees, please do not worry about "cluttering up the thread." we are very relaxed about staying "on topic" here to say the least :)
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Congrats to everyone who grabbed the Mill! i'm so happy a so much desired item made it into the final DD list. I wasn't home but i'm till on the fence all i really want is that staircase which you can't buy separately. Maybe i'll rethink it in the future.
    I got a bunch of shockingly good MMAO deals yesterday. each one was at least 40% and were items on my wishlist or sets i had very few pieces of. I ended up getting 4 deals before i finally passed 5..
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    You are very welcome @2012sim03 :D
    Niralyn wrote: »
    Argh! Did we ever figure out the tiny square "A plugin is needed to display this content" ads? :angry: <sigh> :anguished:

And congrats to all those who finally got the Brunch at the Old Mill set! :smile:

I just had an ad like that a little earlier too. I just waited it out and it gave me points after a minute or so. I was using firefox at the time.

Thanks for this @wittanthony1 :)

Thanks! ...aaaaand now I'm not getting any of those any more. Sigh.

You're welcome! At least now you can try it when they do come back up again :)

2zxozcx.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top