Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    sim point ads have been generous the past few days..I hope they stay that way :)
    Enjoy everyone :)
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    izaapizaap Posts: 346 Member
    Woow @mustangmama that was very generous of you!! Dreams of India is now down to 21% because of your gifts.
    It's still on sale for 3 days. With a lot of ads and a bit of help I'll be able to get the set before that time. ^^
    Thanks everybody for the support and help :D

Wishlist
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited November 2014
    You are welcome izaap. The site is down for me right now. Has been since last night. Anyone else having trouble getting in to it?
    Hopefully up soon as I need to replenish my simpoints. :D

@Jaden1673 Thanks I will try again later. Maybe use another browsers. I keep getting Liam.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    @ bluegayle_ it hasn't been down for me but has been running kind of slow, well really slow.
  • Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you @kforti for randomly gifting me!! Since I finished the set I was working on, I was totally caught off guard by the fantastic surprise! Makes for a nice way to start the day :) Thanks!!

The item was from Romanza Bridal Party, which I've been slowly working on. I'm already at 60%, CYS 225. With just a *tiny* bit of help, I can get this set! Items 1 - 3 on my wishlist. Thank you to everyone for being so generous and gifting people!
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=monday_34#

Edit 1: Thank you to @mustangmama for gifting me all three items from Romanza!! 76% done and with my ads I'm able to complete it! Thank you!!! The generosity of this community continues to blow me away!

Now I'm on to trying to get Futureshock Loft Collection before it goes off sale. *fingers crossed* for a few more ads and thank you to anyone for any help. Items # 1 - 5 on my wishlist.

Edit2: THANKS!!! again to @mustangmama for gifting me and giving me so much help! I really appreciate it! CYS down to 365, and ads up to 73sp. Any more help would be appreciated!
    Post edited by monday_34 on
  • Options
    taurus2ttaurus2t Posts: 54 Member
    kforti thank you for the gift. I really appreciate it :smiley:
  • Options
    mustangmamamustangmama Posts: 312 Member
    Just trying to help others get sets as ads show up. Hope those ads keep showing up and to all I have gifted or will gift...enjoy!
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you again @kforti, you are the best! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Have 500 points left. Who needs something? I have already sent some but will spend the 500 on ones needing something.

(Edit) Found some who needed gifts from going back a couple of pages.Keep a check on your e-mails. lol...(Points are almost gone. Will gift more when they build back up!
    Post edited by mustangmama on
  • Options
    123321ab123321ab Posts: 299 Member
    Thank you @kforti for the Country Carved Tableware Cabinet! I'm now at 9% in Provence, and the items in this set are (and will) helping me complete other sets. c:
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Thanks, to @kforti, for the bunk beds; the set is now at 45%! With the sale price, a little over 100sp, so within reach! If anyone else wants to gift from it, skip the video game, and do the telescope or toilet, because the game is higher right now than the set price for me. Don't waste points! One way or the other, getting it by Tuesday night, since it's in reach now!

The set I am most interested in now is the Tutor of Tudors, all near the top of the list. Maybe stuff from the March 2013, because I really want the cinema, and you can get the CYS discount there, which the cinema alone doesn't have.
  • Options
    monday_34, Glad you got the set! Just sent you one for the futureshock set! 500 points go fast. Come on ads!
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyes,
    Started you off with Tutor of Tudors set, will spend more on everyone when my simpoints build back up.
  • Options
    @mustangmama - Yes, those really do help, and thanks! The April 2013 Compilation, of which the Tutor of Tudors is a part, is at59% now. Thank you! Still high on cost, but closer!
  • Options
    What methods do you'll use to get the free ad point things to show up more?
  • Options
    Thank you kittykat8103 for gifting me

Jamestown Dress
    Dream Snare

Thanks also angelamelvin1986 for gifting me

Ode To Distraction Desk

Does anyone know any who'd like a copy of Dragon Valley?
  • Options
    @KittyKat8103, Thanks for the helmet and table; the compilation is at 60% now, so getting closer!

@jaden1673, regarding the ads, there are some things you can do. First, if you use Adblock, turn it off for the site, or you won't get anything. Assuming that's either off or not in use, other things you can do are to check regularly, and refresh pages. Sometimes, I see an ad, run it, and no new thing pops up, but a page refresh will make it come back. Sometimes, it takes more than one refresh. You can run ads in several tabs at once, as well. Some pages might show an ad, and others might not, and I can't see any pattern to that at all. Just check several times of day, be sure to refresh when you check, and if you see one, open a couple of store tabs to see if it's there as well, so you can speed things up. Tends to be the same ad for me, when I use that method. Some days, though, I see none at all, and many days, it's just a handful. Once in a while, they show up more, and I try and hit as many as it will give me, time allowing. It can be slow, but they add up over time, if you can stay on top of them. For a while, it was about 100sp a day, but that varies a lot lately. Hope that helps! Oh, flashblock can interfere with a few of them, though most play just fine with it.
  • Options
    @jaden1673, regarding the ads, there are some things you can do. First, if you use Adblock, turn it off for the site, or you won't get anything. Assuming that's either off or not in use, other things you can do are to check regularly, and refresh pages. Sometimes, I see an ad, run it, and no new thing pops up, but a page refresh will make it come back. Sometimes, it takes more than one refresh. You can run ads in several tabs at once, as well. Some pages might show an ad, and others might not, and I can't see any pattern to that at all. Just check several times of day, be sure to refresh when you check, and if you see one, open a couple of store tabs to see if it's there as well, so you can speed things up. Tends to be the same ad for me, when I use that method. Some days, though, I see none at all, and many days, it's just a handful. Once in a while, they show up more, and I try and hit as many as it will give me, time allowing. It can be slow, but they add up over time, if you can stay on top of them. For a while, it was about 100sp a day, but that varies a lot lately. Hope that helps! Oh, flashblock can interfere with a few of them, though most play just fine with it.

Thank you for the information, now I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    Jaden, I don't really know a method but sometimes I chase them all over the site,other times I log out,clean with ccleaner,log back in and they are there. Other times I have had them disappear on me or not show up for ages. I just save them when I do get them until I have quite a few then gift them.I usually get more myself when they are showing up late at night.
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    Jaden1673 wrote: »
    What methods do you'll use to get the free ad point things to show up more?

I use both Firefox and Chrome and I also have multiple tabs open with different store pages on them, I click on each button to pull them up then I play them all. Check different times throughout the day to see what times they come up for you. For me, I get them around 11am/12pm and 5/6pm (MST). Then I get some more random ones at night. It really depends on your location too. If you're in the US try the times I've mentioned but in your time zone.

You're very welcome for the gifts @Jaden1673 and @LadyGreenEyes :)
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Jaden, I don't really know a method but sometimes I chase them all over the site,other times I log out,clean with ccleaner,log back in and they are there. Other times I have had them disappear on me or not show up for ages. I just save them when I do get them until I have quite a few then gift them.I usually get more myself when they are showing up late at night.

Cool. I noticed around 2 a.m. C.S.T. I score more than just one or two an hour.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    I am now finished the Glitter and Glam set and hoping to now finish Diva and Divo. I'm also trying to get my Brunch at the Old Mill set down as well. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Here is my wish list Wishlist
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Really no takers on Dragon Valley? I got a extra code if anyone wants it.
  • Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    Big thanks to @KittyKat8103 for gifting me twice!! I'm now up to 15% done, down to CYS 320 on Futureshock Loft Collection. I haven't seen any more ads since this morning, but am hoping they show up again!

Any other help on the set before it goes off sale would be much appreciated! Items # 1 - 4 on my wishlist.
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=monday_34
  • Options
    Jaden1673 wrote: »
    Really no takers on Dragon Valley? I got a extra code if anyone wants it.

I would recommend a thread in the gifting section for it; sure to be some takers. Heck, maybe a contest of some sort, just for fun. I would bet there are some that would love to have it, who don't. I love that one myself!