Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poolvember!! POOL patch now! LB youtube link Pg 22.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

Then there will be that new thread...
    "We have pools... now where are Toddlers?"

Toddlers are going to be in the Generations EP everyone keeps whining about.

TS4 fanboys have already assured EAxis they'll get on bended knee and offer up cash to get their toddlers back instead of actually realising how messed up it is to spend more $$$ for something that should already be in the game to begin with, so why bother with freebies?

I'm hardly through this thread and this is the second post you've made slamming Maxis. Yeah, we were all disappointed about the toddlers, we may or may not get them back. We all get that some Simmers refused to buy the game because they feel it is not good enough nor does it live up to their expectations. Okay, we get that. But that's YOUR expectations, your feelings and your opinion. Okay? Not all of us feel the same way. So please, find something else to do besides trying to make all of us feel like we've done something wrong! We haven't, not at all.

Personally, I'm enjoying what we do have. And when it's not enough I play The Sims 2. Okay? Is that okay with you? God forbid we all do something you don't approve of. :s

Thank you.

I am excited for pools and will be for toddlers if they are well done. If the EP cointaing toddlers doesn't look appealing enough to me or too expensive, I will just not buy it. Fairly simple, I suppose.

I was very excited for The Sims 4. I bought it. I enjoy it. I do not find it perfect, so I provide feedback on forums. Actionable, specific feedback, not everything EA sucks, which, while one is entitled to express, really doesn't take anyone anywhere.

Pools are not even out yet. We have seen, what, four screenshots, three of them pictures of screens?

And it will be a failure that will bore everyone in a week? How do we know? Shouldn't we at least watch a video presentation or livestream first? Or just play the pools first, since we do not have to pay for them?
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    @Thefight
    DraculaTrailer01-620x320.jpg (I'm risking getting banned by posting this image).

@kremesch73
    I hope you're right. I have a feeling that they won't be included in the patch, though. :(
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

TS4 fanboys have already assured EAxis they'll get on bended knee and offer up cash to get their toddlers back instead of actually realising how messed up it is to spend more $$$ for something that should already be in the game to begin with, so why bother with freebies?

I'm hardly through this thread and this is the second post you've made slamming Maxis. Yeah, we were all disappointed about the toddlers, we may or may not get them back. We all get that some Simmers refused to buy the game because they feel it is not good enough nor does it live up to their expectations. Okay, we get that. But that's YOUR expectations, your feelings and your opinion. Okay? Not all of us feel the same way. So please, find something else to do besides trying to make all of us feel like we've done something wrong! We haven't, not at all.

Personally, I'm enjoying what we do have. And when it's not enough I play The Sims 2. Okay? Is that okay with you? God forbid we all do something you don't approve of. :s

Exactly. Thank you for typing this!

Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    ENolan wrote: »

@Rinilex Hey! You're back! Where'd you disappear to?

Hey! I took time off the PC to get some studying done, though technically I'm not finished...

I caught Ga-In and Chihiro btw, they look awesome. :#
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,792 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Possibly there are diving boards, because they said "who's ready to dive in" not "jump in." I'm hoping that's what it means.

Hate to burst your bubble of expectations, but it's entirely possible to dive off the edge of a pool. Granted you don't gain height, but this Sims appears to be jumping in. But, I do hope we get diving boards all the same. And I love slides, too. :)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

And it will be a failure that will bore everyone in a week? How do we know? Shouldn't we at least watch a video presentation or livestream first? Or just play the pools first, since we do not have to pay for them?

They'll bore because it's pools. That's it. The novelty will wear off, and the game's glaring problems will still be there.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

Add: It says big news but alludes to getting pools this week. And did you notice looks like diving board will be added also! :o
    Oh look pools....
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Pamhamlet gonna be all like.... I'm ready - I'm ready!!

victorian_swimming_attire_photoenlargement-r34fa16896b74430ba904a94e3b6a19c8_zi3mc_8byvr_512.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

Add: It says big news but alludes to getting pools this week. And did you notice looks like diving board will be added also! :o

I like how they manipulated the photo to trick people into thinking there will be diving boards. I wonder how many will buy the game just because of this picture and the assumption that diving boards will be added, too.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    They'll bore because it's pools. That's it. The novelty will wear off, and the game's glaring problems will still be there.

Meh. Pools have always been boring. I've always viewed them as nothing more than a giant chlorinated toilet bowl.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

Hey! I took time off the PC to get some studying done, though technically I'm not finished...

Ok, that I understand. (I'm in the same barrel; having duel enrollment keeps me monumentally busy.) I still need to upload TS3's version of Ga-In, too. I was beginning to think you blasted off with extreme joy when I finally finished it.
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/90794/team-rocket-blasting1-o.gif[/img]
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Meh. Pools have always been boring. I've always viewed them as nothing more than a giant chlorinated toilet bowl.
    Big giant chlorinated toilet bowls that you can drown in....
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

From what was said about pool features earlier, they might really be one now!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

No pool in any sim game ever has bored me. I think your using us was misappropriate.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    The couple sitting on the edge is really cute! ^___^
    The first thing I'm doing when I get pools is drowning someone. I wonder if there's a related ghost or something!
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.
  • Options

Ok, that I understand. (I'm in the same barrel; having duel enrollment keeps me monumentally busy.) I still need to upload TS3's version of Ga-In, too. I was beginning to think you blasted off with extreme joy when I finally finished it.
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/90794/team-rocket-blasting1-o.gif[/img]

Well I'm not gonna lie, seeing Chihiro definitely boosted me up from prepositional phrases and the declarative past. B)
  • Options

No pool in any sim game ever has bored me. I think your using us was misappropriate.
    Pools in general bore me....
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Nah!! You won't burst my bubble... :p

'Cause I'm ready - I'm ready!!

victorian_swimming_attire_photoenlargement-r34fa16896b74430ba904a94e3b6a19c8_zi3mc_8byvr_512.jpg
  • Options
    Sucom wrote: »
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

Yes.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    The couple sitting on the edge is really cute! ^___^

Yes! I need that guy in my game!
  • Options
    @ Rinilex

Rinilex wrote:
    I have the game, genius.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @ Riniflex

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

From what was said about pool features earlier, they might really be one now!
    thankfully :) they clarified later saying it would be like in other series
    vhe42w.png
    http://simsvip.com/2014/10/08/the-sims-4-first-details-on-pools/
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    You have the game? Does that make you a fanboy too? And thanks for the compliment! :)