Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poolvember!! POOL patch now! LB youtube link Pg 22.

Comments

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Sucom wrote: »
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.

Don't be silly, that just makes the game more "challenging!" It gives you a chance to start afresh with a new family and helps you explore the game better!

Thanks, EA!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I wonder how many emotions we'll get from pools #CrossYourFingers
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    ENolan wrote: »
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

@Rinilex Hey! You're back! Where'd you disappear to?

Hey! I took time off the PC to get some studying done, though technically I'm not finished...

I caught Ga-In and Chihiro btw, they look awesome. :#

Ok, that I understand. (I'm in the same barrel; having duel enrollment keeps me monumentally busy.) I still need to upload TS3's version of Ga-In, too. I was beginning to think you blasted off with extreme joy when I finally finished it.
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/90794/team-rocket-blasting1-o.gif[/img]

Well I'm not gonna lie, seeing Chihiro definitely boosted me up from prepositional phrases and the declarative past. B)

I literally just jumped for joy that I could make someone as happy as that!
    nakediron_bow_head_arms_spread.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well, it's nice that Maxis is putting in some of the things they didn't have time to finish before their deadline hit. I had hopped that this is how they would proceed as they got things done. Do you all remember a year or two ago when they were hinting at clothing stores and all age groups being included? I hope they will still work on those things and include them all in a patch.

I'm glad to have the pools, it will be nice to have something new to do with my sims!

Happy Simming everyone, even those who don't like 4. :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    They'll bore because it's pools. That's it. The novelty will wear off, and the game's glaring problems will still be there.

Meh. Pools have always been boring. I've always viewed them as nothing more than a giant chlorinated toilet bowl.

Heh. And now in Sims 4 we'll be able to put the "P" back in our ools! ;)

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

@Rinilex Hey! You're back! Where'd you disappear to?

Hey! I took time off the PC to get some studying done, though technically I'm not finished...

I caught Ga-In and Chihiro btw, they look awesome. :#

Ok, that I understand. (I'm in the same barrel; having duel enrollment keeps me monumentally busy.) I still need to upload TS3's version of Ga-In, too. I was beginning to think you blasted off with extreme joy when I finally finished it.
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/90794/team-rocket-blasting1-o.gif[/img]

Well I'm not gonna lie, seeing Chihiro definitely boosted me up from prepositional phrases and the declarative past. B)

I literally just jumped for joy that I could make someone as happy as that!
    nakediron_bow_head_arms_spread.gif

Hey, it takes something pretty substantial to lift me up from all-day grammar study, let me tell you.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

Add: It says big news but alludes to getting pools this week. And did you notice looks like diving board will be added also! :o

It doesn't look at all like diving boards have been added. It's just a sims jumping into a pool an action that is completely possible without diving boards.

Especially since the sim jumping is barely higher than the sims sitting on the side of the pool

I think that's just perspective -- they're sitting farther away (from the size). I'd say the phrase "dive in" could mean there are diving boards, otherwise they'd use "jump in". Or maybe I'm reading between the lines without my reading glasses.

I'm still going with Tuesday or maybe Wednesday for the patch; gives them tomorrow for any final fine tuning that needs to be done.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    We don't have a paperperson to drop what they are doing and get in the pool but I wonder if the mailperson will in this version of the sims. ;)

I sure hope everyone who comes to the door don't run for the pool! :o

I've been building more back fences because I've had the bug where Sims walk through the back door, through the house, then out through the front door before knocking on the door. (Where's my eye roll emoji?) Until we get lockable doors/gates, I'll do the same for backyard pools as well.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.

It's not happening to everyone. In fact it hasn't happened to me at all and I play fairly often. I'm not having very many issues at all...well, none that I can think of at the moment to be precise.

Maybe it has something to do with the computers people are using, maybe the mods they are using or the lack of mods? I don't know. I'm real sorry you're having trouble. I hope it is resolved for you soon.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

Add: It says big news but alludes to getting pools this week. And did you notice looks like diving board will be added also! :o

I like how they manipulated the photo to trick people into thinking there will be diving boards. I wonder how many will buy the game just because of this picture and the assumption that diving boards will be added, too.

Wooot no diving board no buying ah wait i did already 🐸🐸🐸🐸 !

Joking aside even without diving board it looks like they can at least jump into the pool, that means at least new animation. So not so bad for the beginning.
    And this doesn't mean people will buy it only because the Pools, its only one of the many missing feature, well for me its good news though.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I haven't noticed families disappearing either; I'm not getting that problem so for me it's not a 'glaring' problem. Not everyone is getting all these bugs and glitches.
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    The couple sitting on the edge is really cute! ^___^
    The first thing I'm doing when I get pools is drowning someone. I wonder if there's a related ghost or something!

I think they mentioned when they announced pools is that the ghost for drowning will leave puddles in its wake that Sims have to mop up, so proceed with caution if you want a waterlogged ghost in your household. :)
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    They'll bore because it's pools. That's it. The novelty will wear off, and the game's glaring problems will still be there.

Meh. Pools have always been boring. I've always viewed them as nothing more than a giant chlorinated toilet bowl.

From what was said about pool features earlier, they might really be one now!
    thankfully :) they clarified later saying it would be like in other series
    vhe42w.png
    http://simsvip.com/2014/10/08/the-sims-4-first-details-on-pools/

Well, I could send my Shameless Sim swimming with a full bladder and not let her get out to use the facilities... B) I just want to see the reaction of Sims around her.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I would like being able to jump in in pools more than having a diving board.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I haven't noticed families disappearing either; I'm not getting that problem so for me it's not a 'glaring' problem. Not everyone is getting all these bugs and glitches.

Same here. Almost into 400 hrs playing. No glaring issue of sims or families disappearing.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Well, it's nice that Maxis is putting in some of the things they didn't have time to finish before their deadline hit. I had hopped that this is how they would proceed as they got things done. Do you all remember a year or two ago when they were hinting at clothing stores and all age groups being included? I hope they will still work on those things and include them all in a patch.

I hope so too. I can say EPS completely changed TS3 for the better, for me.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Everyone keeps complaining about glitches but I have yet to actually experience any. So I'm not sure where you all are coming from. I'm indifferent to the pools, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @ Riniflex

It's not happening to everyone. In fact it hasn't happened to me at all and I play fairly often. I'm not having very many issues at all...well, none that I can think of at the moment to be precise.

Maybe it has something to do with the computers people are using, maybe the mods they are using or the lack of mods? I don't know. I'm real sorry you're having trouble. I hope it is resolved for you soon.

I've never had a family I've played disappear; I did create a brother duo and put them in the Not in the World category, and after my Sim married one of them the older one disappeared (the household was there but it was empty), but doesn't seem to have hurt my Sim's husband any. That's the only disappearance I can account for; I figure the aliens who'll be coming in a later EP are getting an early start with the abductions. B)
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

I like how they manipulated the photo to trick people into thinking there will be diving boards. I wonder how many will buy the game just because of this picture and the assumption that diving boards will be added, too.

Joking aside even without diving board it looks like they can at least jump into the pool, that means at least new animation. So not so bad for the beginning.
    And this doesn't mean people will buy it only because the Pools, its only one of the many missing feature, well for me its good news though.

In Sims 3 we had to wait all the way till the Seasons patch to get the diving boards and I don't remember anyone complaining or insisting they weren't going to buy the game because of that. Being able to sit at the edge of the pool is a nice new addition. I hope that if you take a group to the pool, there's a Swim Together interaction similar to the Sit Together on a bench or couch.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2014
    Same here. Almost into 400 hrs playing. No glaring issue of sims or families disappearing.

They definitely disappeared at some point in the past. EA fixed it, though. Since then I haven't had that problem anymore.

• Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Im sorry I didnt see a diving board in this shot and when tweet are you ready to dive in, well you can do that without a board. I hope they do included diving boards also. Cant wait!!
  • Options
    Suppose when they release the pools there is no diving board...but they explain that they were having issues with the diving animations so rather than hold up the pools they're putting out what they have, with diving boards to come in a future patch? Would that make people happy?
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yay, pools.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    @ Riniflex

I've never had a family I've played disappear; I did create a brother duo and put them in the Not in the World category, and after my Sim married one of them the older one disappeared (the household was there but it was empty), but doesn't seem to have hurt my Sim's husband any. That's the only disappearance I can account for; I figure the aliens who'll be coming in a later EP are getting an early start with the abductions. B)
    Just posted on twitter!

This week!

In Sims 3 we had to wait all the way till the Seasons patch to get the diving boards and I don't remember anyone complaining or insisting they weren't going to buy the game because of that. Being able to sit at the edge of the pool is a nice new addition. I hope that if you take a group to the pool, there's a Swim Together interaction similar to the Sit Together on a bench or couch.

Yeah the diving board is only one small content, i didn't miss it either back in the days, but if they add them this would really a nice step from Maxis, but even without any like i said it seems at least we get a new jumping animation instead and this is really nice.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

From what was said about pool features earlier, they might really be one now!
    thankfully :) they clarified later saying it would be like in other series
    vhe42w.png
    http://simsvip.com/2014/10/08/the-sims-4-first-details-on-pools/

I remember seeing this! >:) If slob sims will pee in the shower, wonder if they will just let it flow in the pool! :o

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    We don't have a paperperson to drop what they are doing and get in the pool but I wonder if the mailperson will in this version of the sims. ;)

I sure hope everyone who comes to the door don't run for the pool! :o

I've been building more back fences because I've had the bug where Sims walk through the back door, through the house, then out through the front door before knocking on the door. (Where's my eye roll emoji?) Until we get lockable doors/gates, I'll do the same for backyard pools as well.

I agree building a fence with no gate would be the best for right now. Smarter sims can be more irritating sims sometimes! :p

No Pool unless invited! Then at your own risk! >:)