Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    slimsadieslimsadie Posts: 5 New Member
    I know you guys are trying really hard to please all the fans , i know that it is impossible to please everyone , there are a lot of things i like about sims 4 i do like , and i lot i am disappointed about . i started playing sims 1 in 2009 .2 was a big improvement as was 3 . island paradise is my favorite of all expansions i truly miss the lot placement and the ocean ,although dolphins never made the scene and i really thought they should have had a part. i really miss the building options in 3 and truly hope you will work on that the sims themselves are pretty impressive (except the hair) not very life like , but for the people like me that play to design homes and businesses, not very impressed hope to see better soon or i'll just go back to 3. I hope i am not coming off badly but respectfully disappointed.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Could you PLEASE bring back these things?
    - Create a Style and a colour wheel
    - Toddlers
    - Ability to move lots and choose the size of them in the Edit World.
    - More realistic cloud system for skies (not a circle shaped, more like in Sims 3)
    - Horses
    - Hot tubs
    - More levels to houses (7 floors would be awesome to have, like a castle or something!)
    - Apartments, similar to The Sims 2: Apartment Life's ones.
    - Dishwashers and trash compactors (it was really easy to move an empty plate to a dishwasher in The Sims 3)
    - Lounge chairs
    - Family Tree
    - Better story progression (other Sims could marry by themselves, have children, get promotes in their jobs, move to other lots or out of the world etc.)

These things I also want in The Sims 4:
    - Pre-teens
    - Open restaurants
    - Business Owner expansion pack
    - Clothing stores
    - Grocery stores
    - Farmer's Market
    - Farm Life expansion pack with farm animals
    - Seasons (skiing for winter PLEASE! <3)
    - Super model active career (could be for Fame & Fortune type EP)

Thank you for listening to our feedback, we really appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    What I like: I love new emotions for the sims and how you can interact with other households in the same world. One of the first days I was playing my sim started flirting with another women at a bar when he was on a date and started a bar fight so I thought it was funny. And I love when they read books on the toilet.
    Things I don't like: Not enough beds to choose from then if I find a bed I like they complain about it being uncomfortable and that they have a sore back. More wall colors and designs. The work hours are long and draining by the time I recover its time to go back to work. I would like to have cars back.
    But I love the game overall.
  • Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2014
    -The loss of CAST is heartbreaking and mixed with the loss of open world is almost enough to make me just walk away from the whole thing. CAST was amazing and really let me get in there and truly customize everything to my liking without having to spend hours designing outside of the game like I'm doing now creating proper walls and clothing colors. I feel like I've lost all of my freedoms I have previously grown accustomed to and I'm now playing the game of someone else. Why in the world anyone who would have ever thought removing CAST was a good idea is beyond me. Now the cc creators have to do even more work then before. Instead of just creating one new shirt for us, they now have to create one new shirt and 10 different colors. It's not fair that you pushed your work off onto the community basically. A lot of us have been invested in this game since the very beginning and literally spent hundreds of dollars to continue playing and the least you can do is making something so stupid simple as changing the color of a shirt or wall or even a couch easier for us. <br />
    -The loss of open world and story progression is killing me. You basically just forgot Sims 3 ever existed and remade 1 and 2 with shiny new graphics. As I said in the world post, a world where sims age and die without ever building skills, getting a career, being promoted, falling in love, getting married, and having kids...is not a world at all. Not every sim has to get married or get promoted, but none of them moving up in life? That's not okay. The inability to move from one place to the next without a load screen has turned my sims into hermits who make everyone come to their house instead. <br />
    -Babies being an object tied to their crib, toddlers gone, and teenagers the same size as YA/A is really just terrible. You should be able to carry babies around, rock them in a chair, sit down while feeding/breastfeeding, etc. Going from baby to toddler is disturbing, shortens the lifespan, and really ruins our stories. Besides, toddlers were cute and if someone didn't like toddlers they could just age them up. Children are still children, thank goodness, but their inability to learn skills or retain the very few that they can learn sucks. We need as much time as possible before becoming a YA to build up skills so that we can be successful, especially in the short and normal lifespans. Teens looking the same as YA/A is proving problematic as we can no longer tell how old people are as the walk down the sidewalk and have to waste time interacting with others just to find out they're an adult and then move on to the next person in search of a teen. They need to be shrunk back down a bit, have a different set of clothes, something. Preferably both of those options. I don't particularly like it when I see elderly women walking around in crop tops. With the loss of toddlers and the teens matching YA/A we now only have 4 life stages, one of which is technically unplayable. It's not accurate of life at all. It should be babies, toddlers, children, teens, ya, adult, elder. That's the simplest but still accurate representation of a real life lifespan. <br />
    -I don't feel like I've had a huge loss with the lack of swimming pools but how can you always have perfect weather and not have pools (and the only reason I won't bother to elaborate on missing weather is because it has always come as an expansion even though it should be base game, same with pets). <br />
    -The lack of dishwashers, trash compactors, laundry washer/dryer (which he had just finally got is now gone already)<br />
    -Where the crap did family trees go? I know you can still see in the relationship panel how you're related to someone like (cousin, sister, etc.) but how am I supposed to keep track of my legacy after 2 or 3 generations?<br />
    -Have to turn off the tutorial via origin. <br />

My thoughts exactly. The omission of CAST is the biggest deal breaker for me.

• Options
    pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    I recently purchased this game and I actually like the game the way it is sure... I wouldn't mind if certain things changed but the new changes are fun and it really isn't so terrible, surprisingly I play more of ts4 within a given day than I ever did with ts3. Eh... people might disagree with me but I like this game and I'm looking forward to new changes and updates to TS4.
  • Options
    JoAnnaEldrethJoAnnaEldreth Posts: 2 New Member
    I love all the new emotions on the game. The sims are more real. I love almost everything about the game. The only thing I don't like is how the people just disappear when they go some where. Or how it has loading screens just to go somewhere in the town. I love how in the sims 3 you could teach your teen how to drive and they buy them a car. Or how they could walk across town if they were too poor to get a car. How, you could go to the grocery store or book store or anywhere, really. So, my suggestions would be to add cars! And take away the loading screens. I would always really love pets, soon. With horses and maybe even some new animals. The pools don't really affect me that much, but I would love to be able to go visit someone without it having to load first. Or to just go to the park! It makes me hate going anywhere and my sims end up just staying at home all the time. I also think their should be more jobs to choose from. I don't care for any of the jobs that are already on there. I think that you should be able to edit a sim with the cheat again. I would always give everyone a makeover in the sims 3 because I never liked how any of the people looked, they didn't look real. But, I cannot do that anymore. I do love this game, though!
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    The pictures of lots are too small in the gallery. Clicking on a lot should bring you to a full screen picture. What would be really nice would be once you click on a lot you want to view it takes you to a view of the lot so as if it was in game, so you can move around, up level/down level, rotate. I doubt that is possible, so just having full screen for all the images, especially the ones on the side, those are so small they are completely useless. 90% of the time you have to actually place the lot in your world to be able to tell if you actually want the lot or not.

The gallery needs to be updated for sure as far as viewing lots. Either full screen for ALL images, or clicking on a lot moves you to a simulated lot so you can actually move around the lot without having to actually bring it into your game to check it out.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I want to elaborate on my comments about the teens promising themselves to each other seeing as how I just experienced it. Why do they have to basically start over when they become adults? Why is the "ask if single" option still available, AND their answer is yes? My Sims just went through a series of awkward encounters because their relationship wasn't high enough, but previously it was when they were teens. There also needs to be a better way to tell when the other teen becomes an adult in the case where one is a "townie" and not the same age as the other.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Mario85133Mario85133 Posts: 22 New Member
    What you liked: The new interactions and emotions
    What you didn't like: Exclusion of pools and open-world/free-roam
    Suggestions?: Put back the excluded features and less rabbit holes. (Maybe we can see inside school/work/etc.?)
    Overall thoughts? Pretty good, not that great, worth probably $20 and not the price I paid. 7/10 (At least it's a C so you passed)
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member

I just thought of this.. you know what would be cool? If our sims could watch movies. Have them buy DVD's kinda similar to how they buy books. This could be tied into social events as well. They could have a "family movie night" or "horror movie night" ... have it similar to how it is when they watch the culinary videos where they do it for a period of time. They could make popcorn and hot chocolate. Play card games as well as board games and trivia games, like these could be skills.. kinda like how it is with logic.

It'd be cool too if they could camping.. like have it as a social event but make it longer, they could make s'mores and tell scary stories around the fire, going fishing & collect items, go hiking, pitch a tent or maybe even have an RV that can be customized. Y'know this could be an EP.
  • Options
    splizzmochsplizzmoch Posts: 62 Member
    VannaRed wrote: »
    ... I can't 'go here with' only travel with? why?
    You can, but the Sim you want to "go here with..." has to be in your conversational group, i.e., a plumbob over it (or look for the conversation icon in the motive stack). Took me DAYS to notice why I wasn't getting the option sometimes and not others. :s

VannaRed wrote: »
    ... I have an issue with bar stools at the counter islands, sims won't clean up the plates from there and if I try to make them they reset and do nothing.
    LOL. One of the weirder bits about the odd tracking they exhibit. If you move the stool out and then send them, it works (for me anyway). It seems that pulling a stool or a chair out from its place is part of whatever other action it is associated with, so for instance, if you send your Sim to use the computer, the chair HAS to be in place. If the chair is askew, they will do like your example, standing there clueless. Collecting dirty dishes isn't strictly something you pull out a chair to do always, so the designers must have overlooked (or purposely omitted) adding the ability to negotiate a chair. Sloppy design criteria, IMHO.

Ugh, hate to see what I'm in for once I decide to turn aging on. The lack of story progression, no toddlers, the various bugs, limited options for lifespans and the quick relationship decays all made me go and turn aging off almost as soon as I started playing. And the ghost update is not me, I don't play with the paranormal stuff like that and never did, is there an option to turn this off like in 3?
    As for the aging part, I share everyone's frustration. It's caused me to develop a rather tedious cycle of "OFF -> age one family's kids part way -> age up another set of kids -> ON ->age up some others -> OFF" etc., etc. just to get the generations I'm playing to be staggered just evenly enough that some baby somewhere doesn't get born and AUTO NAMED, for example... something I'm REALLY kinda "yechh" about.
    LOL, one family I named Danny and Barbi, and the first 3 kids were Chrissy, Megan, and Cindy... then while I was attending another family, YARITZA was born! :s Gee thanks, game-engine, but that reeeeally didn't quite fit my naming scheme for them. Also, she was randomly given the Slob attribute when she aged up while I was away AGAIN... which actually makes for some interesting times, since they are all clean-freaks :p Not sure if this was changed in the past patch or two.
    What I would like to see is the OPTION to have your unattended births be auto named, otherwise have it like if you were there, or sent Mom to have the baby at the hospital - the simulation pauses and the regular birth popup appears.
    The game can halt and bug you with that excessively repeating scenario about your kid finding the money at school, but NOOO, don't bother letting anybody know your other family just had a baby.

And Ghosts? Doesn't look like that's an option. You can always update your game, but there's no "legitimate" rollbacks. Either do a System Restore (eek!) or, from now on, do like I've done and make a copy of your whole game installation, and user files folder (...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) before you update. This way, you can simply swap one installation for another to test buggy stuff out.
    NOTE: This works just fine, but always remember to keep each game version with its user folder- or sometimes you might get a version error, or scramble up your saves. I've tested this, and it works great, though I really haven't had occasion to NEED it. Drawback- each copy is over 8GB. I should try to see if I can do this with some kind of versioning system like SubVersion or Tortoise. Anyway, if they bug you (as they do me) just release them to the netherworld. But I agree, you should have the OPTION to play with ghosts or without.

... custom music is ridiculously low in volume!
    You can adjust that in options - just max out the Master Volume and Object Music sliders, and drop everything else some - then just boost your computer's volume a little. Then the radio will be louder in relation to everything else. If custom music sounds too low relative to the stock radio stations, your tracks are probably "under-mixed" - check to see if your custom audio files are normalized to 0dB using a player or editor with a VU meter.

It would be nice if those pics our sims can take together added an actual background and went in the sims inventory so we could hang them on the wall.
    Now THAT'S an awesome idea! I Hadn't thought of that, but now it's gonna tickle my OCD >_<

SimSara wrote: »
    ... but it would nice to be like "oh, I don't want to talk to Bob Pancakes" and then be able to click on his icon in the conversation panel and make him go away until you initiate conversation again. But yeah, it's cool that my sims are social.. but sometimes I feel like their a little TOO social and really wish they would just chill out.
    Hehe.. actually, I think that's about spot-on. You know, like IRL, some folks can't shut up (like me now :p ) and just won't take a hint.

Well, I think it's obvious I don't like what everyone else is not liking... but what I DO LIKE:

It's drop-dead beatiful, IMHO. I hear some complain about color saturation and cartoony trees or clouds or whatever, but aside from the odd lighting on the actors (which is apparently being sorted), it really is just a beautiful piece of dynamic art. I recently looked at my screenshots folder and realized I have about 500 screenies full of dreamy landscapes, dramatic backlighting, realistic action scenes... If I could only pause the real world to frame that "perfect shot" when I'm out with my real camera!

I also love how random they can be, and how they do have unique personalities. It's very subtle. Many complain that they are all "alike", but I think they aren't really looking at it very closely, or are focused to much on the negatives. Maybe it's simply TOO subtle, but they definitely come with varied, complex, even neurotic behaviors. One of my Sim kids has this weird penchant for graves. He's not a Gloomy Sim, hes a geeky bookworm with a neat streak, but more so than any I've met, he will go out of his way to get to a grave (anywhere!) and mourn. It's like an obsession with him. He has to be really occupied with social interaction to keep him from grave-hunting. One of my moms is always seeking out the kids for games and conversation, while another doesn't seem to give much of a hoot, though they have essentially the same attribute set. For all the games bugs and gaps, it really is a finely complex system, and it manifests in so many wonderful ways.

I guess this is why we ALL get kinda crazy about the negatives... the game is so awesome, you really get personally invested in it. <3

Well, there's my Great Wall of Text for tonight. Cheers.
  • Options
    AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    Reading all the comments it seems a majority of people want cars. Hey, cars pollute. I want bicycles. I miss having my Sims hop on his bike and just ride all over the world. That's why I still enjoy playing the Sims 3. I do enjoy the Sims 4. The graphics are beautiful and the sounds immerse you into the game, but I also don't have my Sim in the Sims 4 travel very much. Mainly because he's a Secret Agent and is way too tired to go anywhere. Why did I pick that career? I think it's the most challenging to play but your Sim will make a lot of simoleons if you complete it.
  • Options
    AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    Whoops, I forgot to ask a very important question. How do you install the patches for the Sims 4? Are they automatically installed when you go into the game? I looked all over Origin but I don't see the option to download a patch. Any help is most appreciated. Have a SIMply marvelous day everyone.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited November 2014
    Whoops, I forgot to ask a very important question. How do you install the patches for the Sims 4? Are they automatically installed when you go into the game? I looked all over Origin but I don't see the option to download a patch. Any help is most appreciated. Have a SIMply marvelous day everyone.

Hi just right click on the Sims 4 icon in Origin, you should see "search for update".
    And normaly it should update automatically as long you didn't change anything in Origin.

mvh6vcnv.jpg

But there is no new update right now so normaly you will not find any.
  • Options
    Calico_TigerCalico_Tiger Posts: 100 Member
    Name changes and giving sims tattoos without cheat codes (or while creating the sim for the first time) would be nice :)

Along those lines, guys need more tattoos. Seriously. I was surprised at the great lack of them :neutral_face: And, more tattoos in general would be nice (leg options and more ankle options than just that dolphin that gals have). Yes, there is CC out there for it, but many don't work and I don't trust a lot of CC in general to not be broken in some way (I prefer to stick to just hair recolors if I can help it).

What we have is great, but guys need a little TLC here ;)
  • Options
    simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
  • Options
    Calico_TigerCalico_Tiger Posts: 100 Member
    Ah, almost forgot.... Could we please get a "load game" option while we're in a game? With so many loading screens as it is, it's a bit annoying to have to exit to the main menu just to load a game. Making it twice as long to load as it should. I do like that load times aren't too bad (although the longer I'm playing a world, the longer it's taking to load. As well as the more I change households). But with the amount of load screens we go through, I'm not really saving much time after all.
  • Options
    TriaxialStarTriaxialStar Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 4 has been mostly good for me so far. The relationship decay is however too fast for my liking. The friendship status will be lost in just a matter of sim days, which is really annoying especially if my sims need friends to progress in their career. The next thing I really don't like about is how the "Invite In" interaction works. I don't like how it forces the sims to "Go Home" and cause them to stop certain interactions like eating, or how my sims have to stop whatever they're doing at the moment to invite people in (which is extremely annoying when there are always a whole bunch of people visiting the house at different times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RagenfrideRagenfride Posts: 22 Member
    Please, give us back the open world in your tiny world ! Let us visit our neighbors without a loading screen. You did a great job concerning the sims and their emotions and the way they move is amazing. Why can we see our neighbors live their life through the window of their house in sims 4 ? Walking around without rest is not my conception of a "vibrant neighborhood". Give us back the freedom to chose the lifespan of our sims and give us the possibility to control the time in sims 4. Make possible to choose the way we want to play our sims : total control, semi control or let our sims live freely their life after their creation with possibility of intervention when we think is necessary . The best imitation of life is the possibility of interactions with the surrounding. Please create a downtown with offices, stores ,bars, restaurants, cinemas and polices stations and jails. Don't forget to create airport and all public transportation like trains and bus stations. For one create a port with possibility of cruise ships bringing visitors in our world. Just make sims 4 really come alive !
  • Options
    xMERLiSExMERLiSE Posts: 3 New Member
    I have two pet peeves with this game.
    1. When I have sims do an action, they usually stand for several seconds before actually doing anything. Its like they're stalling for time or something lol. But seriously, lets say I want them to pick up some dishes, they'll just stand there for a several seconds before actually getting to the task. Or when they're about to eat, they just sit there for a while before eating. Is it just my game or does this happen to others?
    2. Another thing is routing. I have sims literally walking through each other to get where they want to go. And as an add on to this, sometimes my sims walk in slow motion. Say I want them to walk across the lot. They walk at normal speed, and then for a quick second or two, they slow down and walk in slow motion, and then walk normally again. I don't get it.
    -.-
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    -Please sort the indoor lighting out.
    -Please add toddlers, they are a base game feature and should be added as a free patch.
    -A bodyshop/CaST tool.
    -More lots per neighbourhood and more neighbourhoods per world.
    -Make babies sims again and not just objects.
  • Options
    thesims3mermaidthesims3mermaid Posts: 180 Member
    edited November 2014
    I like the game. I think it could be better than The Sims 3 with a few upgrades. First one hand down, needs pets. I really hope you guys will add them in an EP or an update. I don't care which one just I want pets. I think that the graphics are better than The Sims 3, but I just wish there was an open world. I am glad though, that you got rid of the launcher. The Sims 3 had a launcher before you started the game. It got kind of annoying sometimes. Overall, I think the game is good. I think it can be really awesome with a few upgrades. Excited for the pools coming out. (*) (*) (*) (*) I give it 4 stars
    7Ar0t8G.png

Or do both and create yourself as a mermaid.
  • Options
    Hiya_tigerHiya_tiger Posts: 2 New Member
    Singing career would great, I have my sim as a concerto virtuoso, it's unfortunate I have to compromise.
  • Options
    mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on