Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    You can't turn off what isn't there. There is no story progression in this game. You have options on ageing/not ageing various groups. You have an option to fill empty houses (which does not work well). Outside of that, it's very much like Sims 2. As in TS2, townies have no history. They were usually already in jobs and had varying amounts of money, and may or may not have skills (unlike TS4). (I thought it hilarious that if you married a uni professor, they came with zero skills and no job). It's not SP. It just is what it is (or isn't).

I loved TS2 and did not like TS3 all that much, so maybe that's why the absence of SP does not bother me. It feels very familiar. I just wish the spawning of townies and filling of houses worked better, and that the dead did not count toward the maximum population. I find myself deleting all my elderly townies before they die, unless they happen to be friends of my Sims.

Edit: I meant to add that I do understand your frustration and I sympathize.

Turn off meaning just stop the game generating ghost houses and the elderly vacating a new house.

Yes I have the option to fill houses, but then they are automatically categorized as a played house, even though I have no intentions of playing them. I just wanted to fill the neighborhood. And then it gets messy with the aging options.

As far as history. Atleast the neighbors in previous games had a life (jobs low skills) my ts4 neighbors have none. How are they affording a big mansion? And when you married a maid for instance, she came with high cleaning skill. I believe moving in with mixologist from ts3, they came with that skill high as well.
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »
    They will......I dont see how they can let it go when its the one thing that they could fix. People are upset with open world, but if they brought this and family trees back, then they would be a bit happier.

I don't care much about open world, it would have been nice if they could fix it...but just wish we had bigger cohesive neighbor hoods.
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I know, there seem to be hardly any young Sims or families moving in - it's all ghosts and elders!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've given up, all elders and most of the singles are deleted by me and I move in gallery sims (Freerealestate cheat means I can move in people to the pricey homes too. I think I have 3 houses (there are 4 sets) full of Hawks gallery downloads, one adult and 7 kids in each family, so my kids can make friends, there were barely any children before.

edit - typos.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You can't turn off what isn't there. There is no story progression in this game. You have options on ageing/not ageing various groups. You have an option to fill empty houses (which does not work well). Outside of that, it's very much like Sims 2. As in TS2, townies have no history. They were usually already in jobs and had varying amounts of money, and may or may not have skills (unlike TS4). (I thought it hilarious that if you married a uni professor, they came with zero skills and no job). It's not SP. It just is what it is (or isn't).

I loved TS2 and did not like TS3 all that much, so maybe that's why the absence of SP does not bother me. It feels very familiar. I just wish the spawning of townies and filling of houses worked better, and that the dead did not count toward the maximum population. I find myself deleting all my elderly townies before they die, unless they happen to be friends of my Sims.

Turn off meaning just stop the game generating ghost houses and the elderly vacating a new house.

Yes I have the option to fill houses, but then they are automatically categorized as a played house, even though I have no intentions of playing them. I just wanted to fill the neighborhood. And then it gets messy with the aging options.

As far as history. Atleast the neighbors in previous games had a life (jobs low skills) my ts4 neighbors have none. How are they affording a big mansion? And when you married a maid for instance, she came with high cleaning skill. I believe moving in with mixologist from ts3, they came with that skill high as well.

I feel like you took my comments as criticism. Please believe me when I say that is not the way they were intended. I was just making my own observations about the game.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    They will......I dont see how they can let it go when its the one thing that they could fix. People are upset with open world, but if they brought this and family trees back, then they would be a bit happier.

I don't care much about open world, it would have been nice if they could fix it...but just wish we had bigger cohesive neighbor hoods.

I don't care about open world either, my point being is that they will still go on and on and on about the open world business that they will try to appease us by putting in story progression again because thats something we also wanted. And yes to the bigger neighborhoods. Also, maybe fix loading screens to happen from house to lot.......not house to house AND house to lot.
  • Options

I feel like you took my comments as criticism. Please believe me when I say that is not the way they were intended. I was just making my own observations about the game.

Nope I didn't, just listening to your observations & responding.
  • Options
    I've given up, all elders and most of the singles are deleted by me and I move in gallery sims (Freerealestate cheat means I can move in people to the pricey homes too. I think I have 3 houses (there are 4 sets) full of Hawks gallery downloads, one adult and 7 kids in each family, so my kids can make friends, there were barely any children before.

edit - typos.

That's one thing, in my game there are lots of children.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Ugh, hate to see what I'm in for once I decide to turn aging on. The lack of story progression, no toddlers, the various bugs, limited options for lifespans and the quick relationship decays all made me go and turn aging off almost as soon as I started playing. And the ghost update is not me, I don't play with the paranormal stuff like that and never did, is there an option to turn this off like in 3?
  • Options
    Ugh, hate to see what I'm in for once I decide to turn aging on. The lack of story progression, no toddlers, the various bugs, limited options for lifespans and the quick relationship decays all made me go and turn aging off almost as soon as I started playing. And the ghost update is not me, I don't play with the paranormal stuff like that and never did, is there an option to turn this off like in 3?

What's wrong with the paranormal?
  • Options
    PhilaminaBPhilaminaB Posts: 64 Member
    For towns for the Sims 4, I'm hoping not to see -too- many... as I'd prefer if they'd kind of expand on the ones that they have.

But here are a few I'd like!

1. Generic Suburbia: I'd like a Sims town/world that fit no theme whatsoever, just.. a town. Classic American, maybe, who knows?
    2. Tudor-style town: Having seen the art promo for this particular world, I'd really enjoy seeing it in the game. I think it would be kind of like an English town, as well, which isn't something that has been done in the game before! (Veronaville felt more.. European.)
    3. Spainish-type world: Yes, I'm asking for it! It is sorely needed in the game because I feel like Oasis Springs has more of a 70's nevada desert type feel to it.

But about expanding the worlds you already have, I'd like if it were only like two or three times, you know? Like say there is a Business expansion, then maybe just expand the world to two more districts to accomodate business lots and possibly some more residential space and then add two more districts for another expansion, or just one! Who knows? Either way, it would make the world feel larger.

I really urge you to do this instead of just making a new world dedicated to such and such expansion. Add to what we already have! With the Sims 3, it felt as though you had to constantly choose between towns and when that new expansion came along with the new town, suddenly the town you used to play became obsolete and you had to upgrade it (and it kind of plum having to do that, not being a great builder and having a 'smidge' of OCD) and there was way too many towns to choose from! I think keep it small, but expand on the towns, but also add more.. Yikes, I sound a little condescending here, but you get the idea!
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I'm a boring, realistic player. So I never used ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc..
  • Options
    I'm a boring, realistic player. So I never used ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc..

Not boring........I would say "unique" :)
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I know what you mean. A sim moved in (automatically) today yet it was a ghost and had no name whatsoever, it was quite weird really. Aside from that, I usually have one town thats full and one town thats completely empty. Frustrating!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS3's SP never worked anyways, my town ended up dead after 10 sim weeks :/
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 just go play TS3 then...if you miss it so much WHY ARE YOU HERE?
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »

They are here because they care......and they are here, just to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you off........hope you get your anger monkey off your back.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member

They are here because they care

🐸🐸🐸🐸...riiiiiight
  • Options

They are here because they care

🐸🐸🐸🐸...riiiiiight

tumblr_mm6wxoSmZm1qipjgvo1_500.gif
  • Options

Anyone on here who knows me, knows I like to play ts4.

At this point i cant ignore it's downfalls.

If you can't take others opinions get off the forums and go play you're game.
    Why are you here?
  • Options
    And moved to the grave yard!!! Why??? Ugh so done with the forums
  • Options
    What do you like about it? Do you have any pictures? Share with us!! :)
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014

Ditto.
    Maybe it's because I'm old and grumpy. Not sure, but no vampires or ghosts for me thanks.

Not boring........I would say "unique" :)

I wouldn't say unique. I'm like this as well.
    I love TV shows like Supernatural and movies like Paranormal Acitivty, but I don't want vampires, werewolves, zombies or ghosts in my Sims game. Nothing against the people who do enjoy it - but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

My updated feedback:
    - still loving CAS
    - still having to pay more attention to conversations than I did in TS3 - which keeps me more involved (positive)
    - more challenges keeps me involved more too (ideal moods, required acheivements etc)
    - appreciate items like lingerie - nice little touches for adults without exceeding T for Teen.

Small things:
    - starting to miss auto-roof
    - small neighbourhoods - and job requirements only including current neighbourhood in friend count
    - corrupted save (only happened once, but that's once too many)
    - would be nice if I could send someone out, and continue playing my household (might already be possible - but I couldn't see how).
    - sims getting leftovers when I just served a meal
    - whenever I ask a sim to move in they have no career / no story progression etc
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    BossferretBossferret Posts: 1 New Member
    What I liked:

I definitly enjoyed the new multitasking ability. From being able to talk with multiple sims at once to performing two tasks at the same time. I also enjoyed having all of the sims walking around the world as well, passing by houses on the sidewalk or interacting at the park with the much bigger variety of things to do than in TS3. Gives it a much more realistic feel. The building options are very much improved as well.

What I didn't like:

Though the quality of the sims looks great, i feel the furniture and everything in general looks alot more plain and boring. Things are more blocky and somethings a little too cartoon-y than realistic, which is what i think most of the simfans look for. The toddlers stage being taken out is outrageous, as to me it seemed like a somewhat important stage. And i sort of liked keeping an eye out for the energetic little things. The fact there is no swimming whatsoever is a surprise because i feel that was a fun thing to have along with pool bars and slides and waterfalls. Speaking of waterfalls, the maps on TS4 are very dissapointing. It is more of a menu to me than a beautiful world full of sparkling rushing waters and sky high mountains like in TS3. Plain and simple the world is flat, dull and needs something a bit exciting atleast, to it. Along with the neighborhoods being so small and having to see the loading screen just to walk across the street..

Suggestions?

The option to be able to drive places and walk around the town, or view the town while still in live mode should definitly be brought back. Along with more places to go of course. Maybe a few restaurants here or there, or a theatre perhaps.

●A couple great ideas to be brought into TS4 ive heard of like an outdoor mall where sims can buy groceries, play games at an arcade, watch movies at the cinema, shop for new clothes, browse through a food court, or even add a nice ice skating rink would be a huge step up! Would be great for those sporty/athletic sims as well.
    ●If bringing back vehicles would be a possibility, to accompany the open-world we all crave again, a good new addition to cars in TS4 could be something like a car dealership, to buy or even customize your sims cars would be very exciting.
    ●And for all the animal lovers maybe some animals to interact with around the world. Along with lovable pets to keep around the house even.(that would really help the idea of new stores like for example a pet store). Or even more to do around town like walking a dog or cat!

● The ability to swim should definitely be brought back, as having a pool party, skinny dipping, and relaxing in the hot tubs in TS3 were pretty fun as well as choosing swimwear as well.

My overall thoughts?

Starting with the looks of things, TS4 does have a fair amount of quality improvement. But there is simply just a lack of things to do in the gameplay itself. With the open-world option not available your limited on places to go by a long shot. I feel that was a huge step backwards, along with taking away swimming pools, rambunctious toddlers, and of course the beautiful worlds weve seen before. TS4 is plain and simple, literally! Just my input on things..
  • Options
    princessrnplprincessrnpl Posts: 1 New Member
    I just returned my game. I read the reviews, good and bad after release day. I had been waiting for this game. I decided to wait a bit longer and get the deluxe edition. I have never been so disappointed in a Sims game. It feels like the took The Sims Social off FB, expanded it a bit, and plopped it onto PC for $70.00. I couldn't believe simple things like the dishwasher, toddlers, cars, the ability to customize everything and the open world map were just plain gone. The game is cartoonish. The user interface is a mess and there doesn't seem to be a clear path through any of the CAS or Build buy menues. I HATED the annoying tutorial popups, mostly because they didn't really help and would pop up at the most random times. Encountering a load screen every ten seconds was also something I was less than thrilled with.
    The positive? I loved the relationship capabilities. I love the new goals and aspirations and the idea of being able to create more than one life path and generate interest in many different hobbies.
    What I was expecting. An improved TS3. Same base game, bring back Nannies or make the daycare feature with the ability to send kids to daycare. I was expecting to keep the open world feel and my ability to customize. I wanted a real map, not some sad excuse for a tablet game.
    I will take the money I spent on 4 and continue to expand TS3. I think this one is a fail EA.