The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HALLELU!

Comments

• Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2014
    Doesn't matter. They're too late. Damage done. Forum goers might stick around to see if they can fix it, but most people have already uninstalled and will never look back. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, after all.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Taranatar9 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. They're too late. Damage done. Forum goers might stick around to see if they can fix it, but most people will uninstall and never look back. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, after all.

TS3 did. I ended up loving it; I did not at the point Ambitions had been released.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Since when is the game even remotely like a RPG game? I like the goals for the jobs. so when you are asking stuff just for yourself you aren't being considerate to the people that want it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I don't see how people think the game is destroyed lol. See sat here watching this whole time people saying oh im all for options as long as i get what I want. Dev's start discussing options and we get people shouting the game is ruined.

Aren't you the same people that told us we had to adjust to play the game your way to enjoy it. Now you can't adjust to our way to enjoy it? The same people telling us to get over it and calling us haters and whiners are now saying the game is ruined if they adjust the careers to provide more options for players who don't like the goal oriented play. This is why I said a lot of you are no better than the others saying you don't belong. You don't want compromise and you dont' care about the other players.

Well i chalk this up as a win! A win for sims 4. You know why, because this means we can get variety. It means more than one fanbase iscatered to. It means they're for providing a fun game for everyone not some. I can support that and will if they walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Very happy to see, this. I hope they do this with more than just careers too.

Oh my goodness, where did you get that from in this thread? The only time anyone said anything in this thread was when it was stated these features were going to be gutted and removed and didn't belong in the game....that is what spiked a rise from some people...not the talk of options. Aren't those type of comments stating "i only want my way of playing"? Now for the life of me i am trying to figure out and understand how you continue to support this OP who goes against everything you just posted about compromise. Not once have you spoken up about this OP's position of intolerance for compromise. NOT ONCE!! (((Oh the hypocrisy))

Furthermore, recently Selena raised concerns that some just want these features removed and don't want options as a compromise. When she was met with resistance that no one was supporting that surprise surprise!! she provided a link and it was your thread supporting that type of discussion and ideology. I read it and so did many others...I am sorry Ana, but you keep talking out of both sides of your mouth. (((more hypocrisy)))

Back to the point...now of course throughout the forum there are going to be those "isolated" individuals who are here to do nothing but stir the pot on BOTH sides..but the majority on both sides have been in support of offering options as a solution so both sides would be able to play their way. Anyone who spends any kind of time on this forum knows that has been a consistent position on both sides. Now you are trying to twist and turn that into something the other side did not support. Yes, gamers did make it clear they did not support losing their way of playing, but just about everyone was behind options as a solution. Now you want to remind others how you have always been reasonable and willing to compromise unlike the "other side" who is now "losing" according to you. Well isn't that interesting coming from someone who stated that if players lose their play style under your ideas to remove it, well it didn't belong in the game to begin with.

((( talk about stirring the pot with MANY spoons Ana )))

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Gramz777 wrote: »
    I don't see how people think the game is destroyed lol. See sat here watching this whole time people saying oh im all for options as long as i get what I want. Dev's start discussing options and we get people shouting the game is ruined.

Aren't you the same people that told us we had to adjust to play the game your way to enjoy it. Now you can't adjust to our way to enjoy it? The same people telling us to get over it and calling us haters and whiners are now saying the game is ruined if they adjust the careers to provide more options for players who don't like the goal oriented play. This is why I said a lot of you are no better than the others saying you don't belong. You don't want compromise and you dont' care about the other players.

Well i chalk this up as a win! A win for sims 4. You know why, because this means we can get variety. It means more than one fanbase iscatered to. It means they're for providing a fun game for everyone not some. I can support that and will if they walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Very happy to see, this. I hope they do this with more than just careers too.

Oh my goodness, where did you get that from in this thread? The only time anyone said anything in this thread was when it was stated these features were going to be gutted and removed and didn't belong in the game....that is what spiked a rise from some people...not the talk of options. Aren't those type of comments stating "i only want my way of playing"? Now for the life of me i am trying to figure out and understand how you continue to support this OP who goes against everything you just posted about compromise. Not once have you spoken up about this OP's position of intolerance for compromise. NOT ONCE!! (((Oh the hypocrisy))

Furthermore, recently Selena raised concerns that some just want these features removed and don't want options as a compromise. When she was met with resistance that no one was supporting that surprise surprise!! she provided a link and it was your thread supporting that type of discussion and ideology. I read it and so did many others...I am sorry Ana, but you keep talking out of both sides of your mouth. (((more hypocrisy)))

Back to the point...now of course throughout the forum there are going to be those "isolated" individuals who are here to do nothing but stir the pot on BOTH sides..but the majority on both sides have been in support of offering options as a solution so both sides would be able to play their way. Anyone who spends any kind of time on this forum knows that has been a consistent position on both sides. Now you are trying to twist and turn that into something the other side did not support. Yes, gamers did make it clear they did not support losing their way of playing, but just about everyone was behind options as a solution. Now you want to remind others how you have always been reasonable and willing to compromise unlike the "other side" who is now "losing" according to you. Well isn't that interesting coming from someone who stated that if players lose their play style under your ideas to remove it, well it didn't belong in the game to begin with.

Options wouldn't work in this game.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rinilex wrote: »

By the same token (apparently found an argumentative moment) to believe that they're going to gut the game is no more workable. Perhaps they will, but I somehow doubt it.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

YES. THANK YOU. I am so glad there is someone seeing what is actually happening here. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy on these forums.

Why are you even here?

You pull out the "omg stop harrassing me!!" card whenever I respond to you, and then constantly creep my thread trying to get a response because you're so defensive about the crappy tasks being gone?

Go back to your like-hoarding task thread already if you're that insecure.
  • Options
    Arletta wrote: »

By the same token (apparently found an argumentative moment) to believe that they're going to gut the game is no more workable. Perhaps they will, but I somehow doubt it.

It's more credible than "having options." It just doesn't make sense.

Who on earth would actively keep them on just to waste time reading extra books or staring at extra paintings for a promotion when it's not needed, apart from the stubborn mules who refuse to admit this game isn't suited to that kind of play?
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    I'd like options. Sometimes, to use another posters analogy, I'd like the freedom to paint on a blank canvas using my imagination with a wide range of colors and brushes; at other times I'd prefer to paint by the numbers. It all depends on my mood. Similarly people play some families that have jobs and others who don't.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    My game, my money, my way. B)

tumblr_ndnu7lbvyJ1qcgogyo2_250.gif

Lol, I saw that episode this weekend. I'm not liking this doctor as much as the others until they actually get into more of the background stories they always do and tie everything together like they did for the last fifty years. Lol..they are slowly, and I mean slowly doing that but makes it seem like there isn't a lot of depth yet. But this episode was so funny especially your GIf...haha, best one yet. since the others were like Ocean 11 not my favorite movie etc. They really need to start telling those stories that are always happening on the side that ties everything and everyone and every doctor to the new doctor. It's a very painful process right now to watch. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Who on earth would actively keep them on just to waste time reading extra books or staring at extra paintings for a promotion when it's not needed, apart from the stubborn mules who refuse to admit this game isn't suited to that kind of play?

I don't know, Rinilex. Perhaps they'll keep it for those who like it.

• Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    Especially if 2 are specific options and 2 are open to what a player wants to do such as "gain a skill point in X". Gives both sides a couple options.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Yes they will. Why wouldn't they?

Instead of this:
    468px-Sims4-037.jpg

We can have this:
    PAPXjdq.png

Everyone is happy.

oh thats really nice, i like it better than linear "questing"
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I don't know, Rinilex. Perhaps they'll keep it for those who like it.

Are there really that many, I wonder?

And if they enjoyed the franchise before the implementation of tasks, they'll enjoy it after. It just means a large percentage of the fan base won't be* suffering for a pointless aspect of the game.
  • Options
    @SelenaGrey No, because there are still mundane tasks that have to be completed. They shouldn't be reduced, they should be gone.

And you didn't answer my other post.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    The options to promote in the job will not take away what is in the game now, that wouldn't be logical. I believe there will be options added for those that don't want to grind all the time they play. I have a hope it will be that way so I can grind in some households and be leisurely in others.

We will see.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    The options to promote in the job will not take away what is in the game now, that wouldn't be logical. I believe there will be options added for those that don't want to grind all the time they play. I have a hope it will be that way so I can grind in some households and be leisurely in others.

We will see.

And how would that work?
  • Options

YES. THANK YOU. I am so glad there is someone seeing what is actually happening here. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy on these forums.

I'm sorry, but I can't support you here. You twitted to the gurus asking if you needed to be worried your type of gameplay would be removed, of course they won't do that, but you have made it clear some options for other players are o.k. with you but those options shouldn't allow them to also succeed and get the rewards unlocked since it would hurt the prestige of doing this new way. I mean really no matter how much you try to look like you are willing to compromise you really aren't if the one option I can do to gain my promotion would unlock the reward you must be honest here, as you have already stated and say no, you wouldn't want that option to unlock the reward. And or no cheats to unlock rewards like in buymode. Eve for builders? C'mon I have read your posts.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I'm sorry, but I can't support you here. You twitted to the gurus asking if you needed to be worried your type of gameplay would be removed, of course they won't do that, but you have made it clear some options for other players are o.k. with you but those options shouldn't allow them to also succeed and get the rewards unlocked since it would hurt the prestige of doing this new way. I mean really no matter how much you try to look like you are willing to compromise you really aren't if the one option I can do to gain my promotion would unlock the reward you must be honest here, as you have already stated and say no, you wouldn't want that option to unlock the reward. And or no cheats to unlock rewards like in buymode. Eve for builders? C'mon I have read your posts.

Apparently her version of compromise is fewer tasks, lol. Or "I keep MY game play style and you just get a little less of it, k?"

Missing the point entirely.
  • Options

Apparently her version of compromise is fewer tasks, lol. Or "I keep MY game play style and you just get a little less of it, k?"

Missing the point entirely.

I do have to agree with you. I have read many posts here, and to me that is the gest of it.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

tumblr_ndnu7lbvyJ1qcgogyo2_250.gif

Your gif made me laugh. Am I the only one who thought of Addams Family's Thing? (They should have had the Doctor stick his nose out of that tiny door.)

• Options
    dieses gebeefe hier ätzend ey ^^ now guess ;)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

We will see.

And how would that work?

If I may use Sims 3 as an example, I didn't ever play the professions from Ambitions because it was grindy and didn't allow mw to enjoy my families the way I would like to play them. So I stuck with self-employed and a few of the newly implement Ambitions styled regular jobs, like Medical or one created by a modder. After a while I just created my own ways for Sims to get income with each EP, like collecting, hacking, etc without having a particular game play job.

I am seeing too much connection with certain jobs in the same way that the professions were handled, like the Tech Guru or writers, they are connected at the hip to the computers and ignoring will hamper their progression. I would like some of that eased up if I chose not to take all day and night progressing my sims, so it will not take a hit in their emotions all the time and allow more family interaction. I have been setting up game play by having every sim's goal setting objects in one room and they can still have a conversation while grinding but not all my sims have space on the lot for this to be available. I like keeping things simple because I will bore fast otherwise and that is the road I am going right now.

My frustration with this game is how restrained everything is, I need more options to get some fun out of it. Right now it's so restrictive, I am tiring of this grinding and losing interest. I know the young people love goals and having an end game but I am old and never played any other game than the Sims. It hurts I have to keep up with those that like RPG, this never interest me and I see my sandbox is being phased out. I guess it's just life. *shrugs*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Knowing both sides of the argument now, I'm not certain why it would be such a travesty if there weren't some of the promotion requirements. In some cases, I can understand them. Like in a cooking career, you're going to want to level up cooking skill. But aside from those sensible exceptions, they don't give you any rewards, and they don't boost job performance. It's just like having a button marked "PRESS TO CONTINUE PLAYING" and once you press it, it says "PRESS IT AGAIN", and this repeats for a while. Then your sim goes to work as normal.

If pressing that button enough times gave you a boost to your career, instead of serving as a barricade... if it was PRESS TO GET PROMOTED QUICKER rather than PRESS TO GET PROMOTED EVER, it would be ideal.

And maybe, to appease everybody, if you max out your job meter, a dialog pops up saying "You are being offered a promotion." If you accept, you move on up. If you deny, you stay in your current job level, but you can use your phone at any time to negotiate a promotion at your workplace. A checkbox could be included in the options, and in the pop-up to "Auto-Accept All Promotions" so it doesn't become a hassle for those wanting to rise in their careers.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    katoregama wrote: »
    Knowing both sides of the argument now, I'm not certain why it would be such a travesty if there weren't some of the promotion requirements. In some cases, I can understand them. Like in a cooking career, you're going to want to level up cooking skill. But aside from those sensible exceptions, they don't give you any rewards, and they don't boost job performance. It's just like having a button marked "PRESS TO CONTINUE PLAYING" and once you press it, it says "PRESS IT AGAIN", and this repeats for a while. Then your sim goes to work as normal.

If pressing that button enough times gave you a boost to your career, instead of serving as a barricade... if it was PRESS TO GET PROMOTED QUICKER rather than PRESS TO GET PROMOTED EVER, it would be ideal.

And maybe, to appease everybody, if you max out your job meter, a dialog pops up saying "You are being offered a promotion." If you accept, you move on up. If you deny, you stay in your current job level, but you can use your phone at any time to negotiate a promotion at your workplace. A checkbox could be included in the options, and in the pop-up to "Auto-Accept All Promotions" so it doesn't become a hassle for those wanting to rise in their careers.

Sounds really good to me :)