Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HALLELU!

Comments

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Asuka7794 wrote: »
    Sims team logic. Tell fans they are working on something and then turn around and release the opposite. So emotionally tactile.

Why can't it be 2004 all over again... When The Sims was actually a sandbox. Heck, even TS3 is more of a sandbox than 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

They need to make a sequel to 2, but with 3's open world and customisation options.

Thats what I was expecting from this game... but noooo. Every bit of news this summer I heard was a dissapointment. And all they advertised was CAS and Emotions.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Well that sounds promising. Cautiously optimistic is the way to be I think.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Sims team logic. Tell fans they are working on something and then turn around and release the opposite. So emotionally tactile.

Why can't it be 2004 all over again... When The Sims was actually a sandbox. Heck, even TS3 is more of a sandbox than 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

They need to make a sequel to 2, but with 3's open world and customisation options.

And using Nraas' story progression. EA's was a glitchy bugfest.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Thats what I was expecting from this game... but noooo. Every bit of news this summer I heard was a dissapointment. And all they advertised was CAS and Emotions.

It's what would have made sense. Combine what they did right in 2 and 3, give it some time and attention and release an amazing game that shows off all the progress they've made over the past decade.

Instead, we get... this. Where apparently 2 and 3 never existed and the producers are fervent MMORPG fans.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

And "weirder stories" which ended up nothing but a sim taking an angry poop. Seriously EA, this isn't kindergarden. What a miserable attempt at trying to be funny. *rolls eyes*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    To be fair i didn't ask for complete deletion

This is the original btw, yes it was me asking for it :p

SimGuruHolms wrote: »
    « hide previous quotes
    KrayzieStryker wrote: »
    SimGuruRusskii wrote: »
    KrayzieStryker wrote: »
    Hi SimGuruRusskii !
    I just ask you do you plan to add Town Editor into the Sims 4 ? I really miss this feature from its predecessor, i already give my feed back in this thread. Also open the world itself more if this is possible, like no loading screen in the neighboorhood zone for entering a house or community lot. Sorry if this is kinda hard to understand but i am already tired and just took the time to ask this once again for today ^^

here i did gave my feedback
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12875510#Comment_12875510

Thanks for your suggestion! Like I said I can't commit to it, but i will make my duty by passing it along.

Hey thanks for doing so :)
    And hi @SimGuruHolms I only want to ask if we get more Choices in the promotions Tasks and Goal Tasks, i find this linear questing a little bit boring :)
    Thanks anyway listen to us :)

Hi KrayzieStryker,

I can't go into details, but I will tell you we are actively looking into career progression and career goals and we are very aware that many of you don't like how linear or filled with specific goals that they are right now. I hope that helps!

Alright thanks, i hope you will do some improvement in this regard too :)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

It's what would have made sense. Combine what they did right in 2 and 3, give it some time and attention and release an amazing game that shows off all the progress they've made over the past decade.

Instead, we get... this. Where apparently 2 and 3 never existed and the producers are fervent MMORPG fans.

I often question how sober they thought they were to go out and produce that sims olympus nonsense. How do you go from sandbox game to strictly online?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited October 2014

I am glad it isn't like TS3 to be honest, it was one of the buggiest and unplayable game I ever bought. People would just go back to complaining that it takes too long to start up or sims got stuck and froze the game or it became too much and caused it to crash (it even crashed on the most the most expensive computers from what a lot of people said).

I do think with the single neighborhood though, we shouldn't have to wait for each lot to load. Just one loading scree per neighborhood. Most are fairly small.
  • Options

I often question how sober they thought they were to go out and produce that sims olympus nonsense. How do you go from sandbox game to strictly online?

The thing is, I could accept an online game. It's not what The Sims is about, no, but it would have been a new iteration of the franchise separate from the canon I could have got along with, if it had called itself an MMO. TS4 is a potato in a flower bouquet trying to pretend it's a daisy and it's not kidding anyone.

@XxAirixX Agree with your loading screen point, but I don't think any TS4 player should be casting stones saying 3 is buggy. Glass houses and all that.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I can't go into details, but I will tell you we are actively looking into career progression and career goals and we are very aware that many of you don't like how linear or filled with specific goals that they are right now. I hope that helps!

kesha-yaaaas.gif

YES, GURUS! Let's get this game off the beaten RPG track and back on Sim Lane where it belongs, eh?

Great so once AGAIN the wingers win and the game will be dumbed down. i knew that was gonna happen!!!

Then play this... see everyone wins.
    1858485-farmville_1.jpg

Better grass than TS4! So textured and detailed. And emotional.

Plants and flowers look appropriate too. So innovative!
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    And get rid of that crappy online game engine. Oh wait..,

Today, careers. Tomorrow, open neighbourhoods.

Patience, young boboyo.

I have a feeling they will be opening the neighborhoods. This is excellent news. They are coming to their senses slowly! :)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    blaznfalcn wrote: »

Patience, young boboyo.

I have a feeling they will be opening the neighborhoods. This is excellent news. They are coming to their senses slowly! :)

tbh I'm not knowledgeable enough on the mechanics to know if this is actually feasible, but as someone suggested earlier I think loading screens should at least be pushed back to the ends of neighbourhoods.
  • Options

Patience, young boboyo.

You just need to make them remember that they need to work on it and they won't forget about it. So just ask them every now and than about it and they need to response.
    And as you see they are listen and response if you ask them. Thats why i don't doubt that they are trying to make this Game a success.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    This is some very good news. :D
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2014
    @XxAirixX Agree with your loading screen point, but I don't think any TS4 player should be casting stones saying 3 is buggy. Glass houses and all that.

I don't know... I mean, I haven't run into bugs in TS4 yet that made me give up and uninstall it. I had a few of those in TS3. Granted, the ones still fresh in my memory were in expansions and not the base game, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that TS3 was buggy as hell, even compared to TS4.

TS4 may have its issues, but for most people, running like total crap all of the time isn't really one of them. The game may bore people, or frustrate some with its gameplay, but at least it's pretty good about running (and pretty smoothly, at that) when it's supposed to. I have to give EA some props for at least getting that much right.

I just wish whoever QA'd the game before it hit the shelves was QA'ing the patches.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Trick wrote: »
    TS4 may have its issues, but for most people, running like total crap all of the time isn't really one of them.
    Sadly, I'm not in those "most". Wish I was.
    No matter. Sooner or later you'll join my side. Just play the game some more.

• Options

I don't know... I mean, I haven't run into bugs in TS4 yet that made me give up and uninstall it. I had a few of those in TS3. Granted, the ones still fresh in my memory were in expansions and not the base game, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that TS3 was buggy as hell, even compared to TS4.

TS4 may have its issues, but for most people, running like total crap all of the time isn't really one of them. The game may bore people, or frustrate some with its gameplay, but at least it's pretty good about running (and pretty smoothly, at that) when it's supposed to. I have to give EA some props for at least getting that much right.

I have to disagree. I've been playing TS3 base game, and it runs far more smoothly than 4. I don't remember it feeling like this when it was launched, either - I just enjoyed myself with 3 from the start, whereas 4 had me tearing my hair out with its increasing loading times, clumsy, stuttering Sims, lack of content and task/ goal-oriented game play.

And I'd rather struggle through some bugs (?) then boring, frustrating game play that didn't even entertain me for two weeks.
  • Options

Patience, young boboyo.

tbh I'm not knowledgeable enough on the mechanics to know if this is actually feasible, but as someone suggested earlier I think loading screens should at least be pushed back to the ends of neighbourhoods.

I already ask this matter also to the gurus they will look into it too, at least they know about this idea. Look in my posts above and rinilex instead only making threads about it, you also can asks the gurus for changes they're really are listening, you only need take your time and ask them when the daily ask a guru is up. And if more poeple asks about a certain matter the more they need to act accordingly or at least should, because in the end they are selling their service to you as a customer, you can give your ideas for improvement or any other wish.
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    TS4 may have its issues, but for most people, running like total crap all of the time isn't really one of them.

Not likely. As much as some people who don't like the game seem to feel that, since they don't, nobody will, I've put in a lot of hours with it (quite possibly more than I ever put into TS3) and have been very much enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future. I'm sorry you're put off, but I'm not quite ready to join the ranks of people who have decided that they don't like it, so nobody should.

I reserve the right to change my opinion after future expansions are released.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options

Patience, young boboyo.

I already ask this matter also to the gurus they will look into it too, at least they know about this idea. Look in my posts above and rinilex instead only making threads about it, you also can asks the gurus for changes they're really are listening, you only need take your time and ask them when the daily ask a guru is up. And if more poeple asks about a certain matter the more they need to act accordingly or at least should, because in the end they are selling their service to you as a customer, you can give your ideas for improvement or any other wish.

Half the time I can't help but think "we'll look into it" is a cop out response to placate users, though...
  • Options

Patience, young boboyo.

Exactly and I would be happy with that. I don't mind hitting a loading screen to leave the neighborhood, but to go next door is just foolish and hopefully they can remove those.
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »

kesha-yaaaas.gif

YES, GURUS! Let's get this game off the beaten RPG track and back on Sim Lane where it belongs, eh?

Great so once AGAIN the wingers win and the game will be dumbed down. i knew that was gonna happen!!!

If they don't take out the goals altogether and just gives an option (like being able to turn off the goals), or if they can vary the goals somehow so you're not doing the same thing especially at the lower levels before you choose your path (which can get tedious if you're playing multiple Sims), that would make everyone happy. For example, you can have a party and turn off the goals; you just get the timer but can do whatever you wish at your party, you just don't get a reward at the end. (After all, how many coffeemakers do you really need from a Gold-level party?) Something similar for jobs would work fine. Keep the goal-based actions for aspirations, but just give the option for jobs; trying to fulfill both at the same time can get a bit overwhelming and leave a Sim with little time to play with the kids, or go out looking for collectibles, or even Woohoo the Significant Other. :D

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Patience, young boboyo.

You just need to make them remember that they need to work on it and they won't forget about it. So just ask them every now and than about it and they need to response.
    And as you see they are listen and response if you ask them. Thats why i don't doubt that they are trying to make this Game a success.

I said it in another thread that they would do a 180 to try and save the game and this just proves what I was saying! :)
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

Not likely. As much as some people who don't like the game seem to feel that, since they don't, nobody will, I've put in a lot of hours with it (quite possibly more than I ever put into TS3) and have been very much enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future. I'm sorry you're put off, but I'm not quite ready to join the ranks of people who have decided that they don't like it, so nobody should.

I reserve the right to change my opinion after future expansions are released.

You've misunderstood something obviously.
    I was talking about "running like total crap all of the time".

Not about likes, dislikes, farmville and other facebook copypastes.

But tell me something. How big is your savegame file?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Patience, young boboyo.

Half the time I can't help but think "we'll look into it" is a cop out response to placate users, though...

Thats why if more people pressure them they will stop responding so, i only asked this matter once. And if more people ask about the same matter they change strategy or should at least and mostly for the better, its easy no harm is done its just asking.
    Edit
    Typo