Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything else EA can possibly do to put people off this game

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »

I meant more in terms of building, customisation and controlling your Sims, but to address your points, those are all EPs. You didn't have to install them, and they're not part of the core game play. S4 not only rips out the customisation and building options we once had, but herds you into completing tasks for something as simple and integral to game play as earning your Sim a promotion.

Okay. I get that, and I do agree that the build and customization is lacking. That's a point I hope will be addressed in the future. There are also some new tools I really enjoy, but I do miss terrain leveling, and several other build options we've had in the past, even compared to S2.

Yes, I did list the EPs, but I also mentioned the base game as far as goals went too. They're there. I still have just the base game installed without patches on my PC. I'm just not inclined to play it to tell you exactly what they are because quite frankly, it bores the plum out of me to play it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    ENolan wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    as a lifelong vegetarian.

Just one thing @Writin_Reg I don't mean to nitpick. I'm just not sure you meant what you said here. Did you mean veteran? Sorry.

OUR OMNIVORE STATURES HAVE BEEN SULLIED BY THIS VEGETARIAN!

You dont need to put every word in capital. Only LOL needs capitals!

I rarely do either of the those options to be honest... I just look for angles to inject humor if I can find them. This time, it was to use the stereotype of the ethnocentric poster who would be offput due to someone misusing a word. Unfortunately, it wasn't misused and the humor was completely missed....

Crash and burn.... :s
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

I meant more in terms of building, customisation and controlling your Sims, but to address your points, those are all EPs. You didn't have to install them, and they're not part of the core game play. S4 not only rips out the customisation and building options we once had, but herds you into completing tasks for something as simple and integral to game play as earning your Sim a promotion.

Okay. I get that, and I do agree that the build and customization is lacking. That's a point I hope will be addressed in the future. There are also some new tools I really enjoy, but I do miss terrain leveling, and several other build options we've had in the past, even compared to S2.

Yes, I did list the EPs, but I also mentioned the base game as far as goals went too. They're there. I still have just the base game installed without patches on my PC. I'm just not inclined to play it to tell you exactly what they are because quite frankly, it bores the plum out of me to play it.

Or maybe it's that there aren't really any...?

You have Opportunities, but they're easy to opt out of.
  • Options
    mikmaker wrote: »
    as a lifelong vegetarian.

Just one thing @Writin_Reg I don't mean to nitpick. I'm just not sure you meant what you said here. Did you mean veteran? Sorry.

OUR OMNIVORE STATURES HAVE BEEN SULLIED BY THIS VEGETARIAN!

You dont need to put every word in capital. Only LOL needs capitals!

Unfortunately, it wasn't misused and the humor was completely missed....

Story of the forum's life.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Guess everyone has forgotten that The Sims 3 was so bug-riddled at launch, it wouldn't even run on many high-end computers. Even The Sims 2 had its fair share of issues back in its glory days.

Ah well, such is the case with every new installment of The Sims that comes out. There's always a large group who react like vampires to a silver cross ("It's new and different! HISSSS! IT BUUUURRRNNNSSSSSS!") until a few expansions start rolling out and they eventually change their tune and start loving it.

I'm sure whenever The Sims 5 comes out, we'll see the same pattern from the same people.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    It seems each day a brand new glitch, bug or crash pops up just to plumb off the supporters the game has left.

What's next? The next time you boot it up, an EA employee knocks on your door and kicks you in the crotch?

It's not like they're intentionally pushing bugs out..

wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    Guess everyone has forgotten that The Sims 3 was so bug-riddled at launch, it wouldn't even run on many high-end computers. Even The Sims 2 had its fair share of issues back in its glory days.

Ah well, such is the case with every new installment of The Sims that comes out. There's always a large group who react like vampires to a silver cross ("It's new and different! HISSSS! IT BUUUURRRNNNSSSSSS!") until a few expansions start rolling out and they eventually change their tune and start loving it.

I'm sure whenever The Sims 5 comes out, we'll see the same pattern from the same people.

My personal favourite with S3 was where it fried people's video cards. Oh yes. Those were good times. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Naydi wrote: »
    Very well said Crackseed.

Like I also know it is not perfectly the way I would have wanted it when it came out - as I for one was not happy when we had no toddlers or ghosts - especially seeing we were led to believe they were going to be in the game - but aside from that disappointment that I felt would eventually be addressed or hoped it would be - I based my decision on giving the game a fair play and found it had many merits on it's side by going back in the direction I felt the game missed when Sims 3 came out seeing i cannot see unscripted game simulation play style ever becoming a stable environment in open worlds as lovely as the worlds were to look at - it was just not what Sims was. Open world requires scripted play and moving in that direction would have eventually made the sandbox style obsolete. So I was encouraged we were back on track with Sims 4 even though I can admit things not in the game was a disappointment - but the game itself is fun and in the style Sims - to me - should be.

Getting the ghost back is a good step -

Guess what game is totally unscripted, open worlds, stable and totally user created and driven? Second Life. And Linden Labs has that niche market sewn up.

Yes but that is a mmo type game and because of the online style you can have an open world. You could even say Sims online was a open world - as that is what open worlds were designed for - not single player offline games. In fact my first impression of Sims 3 was that very game - and I am not an online game type of player. I don't care to play any game that requires other people to make my gaming complete. So I was very uncomfortable in the direction the game was headed when we had the open world in Sims 3 - especially because the CEO at the time at EA had publicly stated his goal was to make all of EA's game online games. I am just not that kind of gamer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Guess everyone has forgotten that The Sims 3 was so bug-riddled at launch, it wouldn't even run on many high-end computers.

...which is also happening now.

With the components that supposedly caused the problem taken out.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

My personal favourite with S3 was where it fried people's video cards. Oh yes. Those were good times. :)

Not all ^^
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    keep-calm-and-eat-a-burger-16.png

good advice anytime :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

TS3 Pets actually fried my old laptop, I'm not kidding.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited October 2014
    Can I just say that while I'm not the biggest fan of the game, there are way too many threads 'bashing' it. HOWEVER, that being said, it would be nice if we could have ONE thread where we could just talk 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about what we don't like in relative peace without someone coming in calling us haters and goin' on about 'why talk about it if you don't like it.' Like, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cuz i want to. It'd be nice if we could do that and not worry about it being closed.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    @Zolt65 - I want a burger so bad but not allowed to in the work space I'm at.

WHY MUST YOU TEMPT ME SO.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    It seems each day a brand new glitch, bug or crash pops up
    And you didn't believe me when I was writing it.
    Well then You deserve every single glitch you're getting! :p
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    TS4 IS SO STABLE AND BUG FREE.

Lemme fix that for you
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    *GASP*
    TS4 IS SO STABLE AND BUG FREE.
    :D
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member

LOL, at one point TS2 fried my motherboard.

wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options

Not all ^^

I didn't say 'all.' But the issue still existed at launch. I was also lucky :)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    It seems each day a brand new glitch, bug or crash pops up
    And you didn't believe me when I was writing it.
    Well then You deserve every single glitch you're getting! :p

What?
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2014
    It was not this posters but another of the many posters who fill threads with a lot of useless attacks on owners of the game.
    I have read countless threads here but I have yet to discover one where a disappointed Simmer attacks an owner of Sims 4. Quite contrary. Is it maybe the pure voicing of disappointment that makes you feel attacked already?

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »

Jinx, now you must be me a coke.. and the burger.

As much as you'd love for me to be a coke, I'm not sure those liquids are contained in my body and I'm doubly not sure I want you to verify this...
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    What bugs? TS4 works perfect, I had one crash at release in the gallery menu, but that's it.
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    EA can kidnap you for ransom so they can make more half baked games...

And they make you play The Sims Freeplay if you don't do what they tell you. Oh, god, the torture!

LOL there are people who still play????
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    EA can kidnap you for ransom so they can make more half baked games...

And they make you play The Sims Freeplay if you don't do what they tell you. Oh, god, the torture!

LOL there are people who still play????

*raises hand shamefully*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Not all ^^

I didn't say 'all.' But the issue still existed at launch. I was also lucky :)

yeah i heard it here the first time haha in this Forum. I did only encounter my first Game breaking bug with the EP into the Future it started to lagg like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, since than i use Mods like Overwatch and Master Controller. And also reducing my FPS to only 60, so no stress anymore.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

feel the torment >:)

5460451_f520.jpg

not just a burger...but a hot hamburger sandwich with home fries...and a side of peas!!!!!!!

ahahahahahaha

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius