Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything else EA can possibly do to put people off this game

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    pay to play
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be rude or anything but it's like every single thread I see you leaving some snide comment about the game. If you hate it so much why even waste your energy? Like go do something you enjoy and be happy.

One thing you really need to realise is that though the game might be ~~perfect~~ for you, there are a lot of players who aren't happy with the drastic changes made to the series. But they're still players who love the franchise and enjoy talking about The Sims with other players, be it in good, bad, or neutral terms. Just because my opinion isn't sunshine and fairy dust doesn't mean I don't like partaking in discussion about it or where the franchise is heading, and if you've got nothing else to contribute or don't like what I'm saying then you're more than welcome to ignore it.
    You're not "partaking in" discussion of it here. You're starting the same plum topic again. OMG SIMS 4 IS BAD, GUYS! You don't like the game. We get it. Every SimGuru who's ever been gets it. Yet another statement about OMG SIMS 4 IS BAD from the same person isn't going to change a plum thing.

No, I'm actually commenting on the fact that I've seen several pro TS4 players have their opinions turned around lately due to issues with the game, and today in particular seems to be a bad day for having problems or glitches. Just look around the boards. It's almost like EA are intentionally putting off fans.

You guys are so ridiculously defensive.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

No, I'm actually commenting on the fact that I've seen several pro TS4 players have their opinions turned around lately due to issues with the game, and today in particular seems to be a bad day for having problems or glitches. Just look around the boards. It's almost like EA are intentionally putting off fans.

The ones I noticed were mostly people that had mods and didn't check to see they've been updated since the patch. Others had tons of CC. Granted, a few were legit.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The ones I noticed were mostly people that had mods and didn't check to see they've been updated since the patch. Others had tons of CC. Granted, a few were legit.

Speaking of CC, I wish there was a nice, easy way to have one centralized service to check all your mods but that would require a program that checks multiple sites.

Alas, my CC hasn't been acting up thankfully but that always is a pain. I remember the days of manually updating 20+ mods after every freaking WoW patch came in and broke em.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options

And games without CC ending up crashing.
    And corrupt files.
    And slow installation times.
    And Sims aging up despite the toggle being switched off.
    And the game normalising Sim genetics so they all look identical...
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    How about the latest glitch resulting from the last patch and what it does to males upon aging up? Or the that turning aging off apparently no longer works after the patch? There is a thread on this and it is making the game unplayable for some. I, for one, don't blame them.

This is a long term pattern with EA. Patch one problem, create a new problem. Just thought I would mention this, since it really will drive some players away.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Mylita wrote: »
    How about the latest glitch resulting from the last patch and what it does to males upon aging up? Or the that turning aging off apparently no longer works after the patch? There is a thread on this and it is making the game unplayable for some. I, for one, don't blame them.

This is a long term pattern with EA. Patch one problem, create a new problem. Just thought I would mention this, since it really will drive some players away.

Mylita

No, don't be silly. It's just my hater imagination wanting to cause trouble and drama, I have no real point.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

And games without CC ending up crashing.
    And corrupt files.
    And slow installation times.
    And Sims aging up despite the toggle being switched off.
    And the game normalising Sim genetics so they all look identical...

Sounds just like TS3 in many ways as well :)

Game crashing, stuttering, breaking, saves being lost, slow installation/patching, yada yada.

TS3 was still a great game when all was said and done. TS4 (for many folks) is the same.

Hate that people are having issues with their games but this is not new or exciting information in the grand scheme of either the Sims OR your average game franchise and plenty of them are going strong. I'm sure there are some fans who have totally sworn off buying another EA product due to Sims 4 or something else just as there's probably some new fans made with this iteration of the cycle.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    TS4 IS SO STABLE AND BUG FREE.

SO STABLE

58237-Zooey-Deschanel-almost-smiling-IK6r.gif

Oh and tactile & intuitive.

The worlds feel so open and free.

I give the customisation of furniture in the game an A+++++
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Crackseed wrote: »

Sounds just like TS3 in many ways as well :)

Game crashing, stuttering, breaking, saves being lost, slow installation/patching, yada yada.

TS3 was still a great game when all was said and done. TS4 (for many folks) is the same.

Hate that people are having issues with their games but this is not new or exciting information in the grand scheme of either the Sims OR your average game franchise and plenty of them are going strong. I'm sure there are some fans who have totally sworn off buying another EA product due to Sims 4 or something else just as there's probably some new fans made with this iteration of the cycle.

Dangit CS! You beat me to it! Was gonna say almost the same thing. :(
  • Options

SO STABLE

The cars are so pretty. <3
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

SO STABLE

And the toddlers are so cute. *dies*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

SO STABLE

Ah, so this really was a thread just to bash the game some more. Got it. *moves on*
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Mylita

It's a pattern in general sadly with many AAA titles that really should not be so but as long as the corporate money munchers are holding the cards, poor dev studios like Maxis get the short end of the stick.

Look at Skyrim - for all the love that series gets, my god that title was a train wreck for a LONG time till Bethesda/Modders fixed a ton of crud.

And something people fail to grasp is that bugs, as much as we hate them, are not always simple things to fix/troubleshoot. You can adjust something that may seem so simple to fix and in doing so, create 3 new problems that seem like they should have no correlation to the thing you just fixed.

As software becomes more advanced, as we demand more from our games, this is not an easy thing to surmount. Even dev studios with nearly pristine patching/polishing reputations like Blizzard have glaringly bad things that slip through in the end and sometimes take months to fix.

Doesn't excuse the frustrations players legitimately have of course, but I've done enough QA to know it's NOT a fun job despite how much people think "Play games all day? Sign me up!"

@Rinilex - you wonder why people label you a "hater" - as much as I hate that label and feel it's grossly misused, you post a thread that's largely flame bait, accuse people of being too sensitive and then spend half the thread making what amounts to snide comments of "All these things you don't have are so COOL bro" - just some food for thought.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

SO STABLE

Ah, so this really was a thread just to bash the game some more. Got it. *moves on*

But it's just so easy...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2014
    Funny thing is the ones complaining the most and the loudest - don't even have the game. They are simply mad it is not Sims 3 in a new package. I don't blame the Guru's for ignoring them. I still believe we need a separate forum just for the owners of Sims 4 like we always had before where you could only post about the game if you had a registered copy and perhaps it would be better for us to get real problems posted instead of lame - I hate Sims 4 posts all over creation.

Seems like they just keep posting the same old thing over and over - but expecting a different outcome. What does that say for them? Well i do own the game since release and like others posted who do own the game since it came out - is still playing it since the day of release without issue, without crashing. I have 4 games going in fact. Different scenarios in each - with no crashes - not a one - no freakiness, no lag, still fast load screens and still a whole lot of fun - which is unusual in just a base game for me. Sims 3 I did not find fun by the time it had been out for just 2 weeks - as I got bored until WA came out. I felt I had seen all I could see in the game - but not the case in Sims 4 - I am still finding new - fun and refreshing game play over 4 weeks later. The game speaks for itself. If one does not have the game all they can do is keep complaining the same old tired replies.

But I really implore with the Sims Guru's - please consider giving us actual Sims 4 owners and players our own forums for posting in so when there are real game problems to be fixed - it is not filled with useless complaints of non-owners and pictures of lamb chops - which are sickening to me to start with - as a lifelong vegetarian. Let the non-owners post in idea forums if they must - but please give us who own the game our own place to post and discuss our actual game play, our requests for the game, and any issues that we actually have apart from these constant complaints of non-owners.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

Mylita

It's a pattern in general sadly with many AAA titles that really should not be so but as long as the corporate money munchers are holding the cards, poor dev studios like Maxis get the short end of the stick.

Look at Skyrim - for all the love that series gets, my god that title was a train wreck for a LONG time till Bethesda/Modders fixed a ton of crud.

And something people fail to grasp is that bugs, as much as we hate them, are not always simple things to fix/troubleshoot. You can adjust something that may seem so simple to fix and in doing so, create 3 new problems that seem like they should have no correlation to the thing you just fixed.

As software becomes more advanced, as we demand more from our games, this is not an easy thing to surmount. Even dev studios with nearly pristine patching/polishing reputations like Blizzard have glaringly bad things that slip through in the end and sometimes take months to fix.

Doesn't excuse the frustrations players legitimately have of course, but I've done enough QA to know it's NOT a fun job despite how much people think "Play games all day? Sign me up!"

The problem is that The Sims name comes with a certain level of quality 4 isn't even close to reaching.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Funny thing is the ones complaining - don't even have the game. They are simply mad it is not Sims 3 in a new package. I don't blame the Guru's for ignoring them. I still believe we need a separate forum just for the owners of Sims 4 like we always had before where you could only post about the game if you had a registered copy and perhaps it would be better for us to get real problems posted instead of lame - I hate Sims 4 posts all over creation.

Seems like they just keep posting the same old thing over and over - but expecting a different outcome. What does that say for them? Well i do own the game since release and like others posted who do own the game since it came out - is still playing it since the day of release without issue, without crashing. I have 4 games going in fact. Different scenarios in each - with no crashes - not a one - no freakiness, no lag, still fast load screens and still a whole lot of fun - which is unusual in just a base game for me. Sims 3 I did not find fun by the time it had been out for just 2 weeks - as I got bored until WA came out. I felt I had seen all I could see in the game - but no the case in Sims 4 - I am still finding new - fun and refreshing game play over 4 weeks later. The game speaks for itself. If one does not have the game all they can do is keep complaining the same old tired replies.

But I really implore with the Sims Guru's - please consider giving us actual Sims 4 owners and players our own forums for posting in so when there are real game problems to be fixed - it is not filled with useless complaints of non-owners and pictures of lamb chops - which are sickening to me to start with - as a lifelong vegetarian. Let the non-owners post in idea forums if they must - but please give us who own the game our own place to post and discuss our actual game play, our requests for the game, and any issues that we actually have apart from these constant complaints of non-owners.

I have the game, genius.
  • Options

Mylita

The problem is that The Sims name comes with a certain level of quality 4 isn't even close to reaching.

The irony of this statement - if Sims 3 was supposed to be the benchmark for this quality, I've no idea HOW it sold so well in the end based on what I experienced (and MANY others with me) - but like Sims 3 before it, there is enough in the core of Sims 4 that it can excel and that will come down to HOW Maxis/EA steer it ahead.

Sims 3 for me, despite what it managed to become near the end of the cycle, was a riddled, buggy mess of over-priced DLC and middling EPs half the time with a nice open world that stuttered here and there and took long enough to load sometimes I could make a quick meal before it was ready to play.

Sims 4 is none of those things while having plenty of major issues on it's own. Seems to me they are about equal footing in terms of "benchmarks" for the series frankly.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Then try playing it for a while.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited October 2014

Mylita

The irony of this statement - if Sims 3 was supposed to be the benchmark for this quality, I've no idea HOW it sold so well in the end based on what I experienced (and MANY others with me) - but like Sims 3 before it, there is enough in the core of Sims 4 that it can excel and that will come down to HOW Maxis/EA steer it ahead.

Sims 3 for me, despite what it managed to become near the end of the cycle, was a riddled, buggy mess of over-priced DLC and middling EPs half the time with a nice open world that stuttered here and there and took long enough to load sometimes I could make a quick meal before it was ready to play.

Sims 4 is none of those things while having plenty of major issues on it's own. Seems to me they are about equal footing in terms of "benchmarks" for the series frankly.

I'll agree 3 didn't reach the levels of 1 and 2, but at least it implemented a new style of game play the franchise hadn't seen before with features like CASt and open world that offered players the freedom to take the game where they wanted to - which is (or was) part of The Sims' raison d'etre.

4 has all of the faults and none of the plus points of 3, as well as half the content. And sequels are meant to build on their predecessors.
  • Options
    as a lifelong vegetarian.

Just one thing @Writin_Reg I don't mean to nitpick. I'm just not sure you meant what you said here. Did you mean veteran? Sorry.
  • Options
    @Rinilex - you wonder why people label you a "hater" - as much as I hate that label and feel it's grossly misused, you post a thread that's largely flame bait, accuse people of being too sensitive and then spend half the thread making what amounts to snide comments of "All these things you don't have are so COOL bro" - just some food for thought.

It's not flame bait, it's the truth...

And right, I get it. You guys are completely unable to take a joke. Noted.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    as a lifelong vegetarian.

Just one thing @Writin_Reg I don't mean to nitpick. I'm just not sure you meant what you said here. Did you mean veteran? Sorry.

OUR OMNIVORE STATURES HAVE BEEN SULLIED BY THIS VEGETARIAN!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, I am a vegetarian and lifelong animal advocate - and there is one non-owning poster who loves posting gifs of lambchops on all her obnoxious anti Sims 4 posts. Turns my stomach every time. It was not this posters but another of the many posters who fill threads with a lot of useless attacks on owners of the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!