The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alright EA, now we just need toddlers

Comments

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited October 2014
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Woah, calm down people. Yes, I was a bit rude and I apologize for that but there have been so many 'I WANT TODDLERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!' threads, it's just tiring. They will or they won't come back, we don't know. Just be patient.
    I don't think you understand gaming forums.

I don't think you know the definition of patience.
    I do know the definition.

Patience-Being able to accept and/or tolerate anything that may cause delays or trouble without getting frustrated or upset about it.

Used in a sentece:
    "SimChic1 is running out of patience with comments that criticize those who want the game they deserved."

Let's stop. I don't want to waste my time again.
    Oh I'm so sorry for wasting your precious time. Next time, don't reverse my comment and get mad when I come up with a smart remark :wink:

You bought the game, you know what's missing and yet you all complain.
    Would you buy a car with missing parts and then complain about it all day long? No.

I didn't buy the game. And no I wouldn't buy a car with missing parts also.

I probably would because I don't know anything about cars. That said, a lot of us waited and are still waiting for the price drop. I am glad that simmers complained. They are the ones who made this happen--not the ones who suffered in silence or the ones who were satisfied with what they got.

Thanks to you too, i think we want all to see how Sims 4 will improve.
  • Options
    solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    Its pretty much the one thing I am waiting on before purchasing the game. I am glad we are being given things like ghosts and pools which should have been in the game from day one..for free no less, but the one thing I must have in game before purchase is toddlers. I am pleased by the turn of events and think it is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited October 2014
    Woah, calm down people. Yes, I was a bit rude and I apologize for that but there have been so many 'I WANT TODDLERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!' threads, it's just tiring. They will or they won't come back, we don't know. Just be patient.
    I don't think you understand gaming forums.

I don't think you know the definition of patience.
    I do know the definition.

Patience-Being able to accept and/or tolerate anything that may cause delays or trouble without getting frustrated or upset about it.

Used in a sentece:
    "SimChic1 is running out of patience with comments that criticize those who want the game they deserved."

Let's stop. I don't want to waste my time again.
    Oh I'm so sorry for wasting your precious time. Next time, don't reverse my comment and get mad when I come up with a smart remark :wink:

You bought the game, you know what's missing and yet you all complain.
    Would you buy a car with missing parts and then complain about it all day long? No.

I didn't buy the game. And no I wouldn't buy a car with missing parts also.

I probably would because I don't know anything about cars. That said, a lot of us waited and are still waiting for the price drop. I am glad that simmers complained. They are the ones who made this happen--not the ones who suffered in silence or the ones who were satisfied with what they got.

Thanks to you too, i think we want all to see how Sims 4 will improve.

Agreed. I don't think most of us would continue to be in the TS4 forum or even putting our opinions on the line if we didn't want the sims 4 to be great for most. I understand that it's probably impossible to make everyone happy. But improvement is usually for the better.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I would totally love toddlers and I would love teens a little shorter :P
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    jacqpinks wrote: »

You could also love toddlers swimming in pools!

• Options
    jacqpinks wrote: »

You could also love toddlers swimming in pools!

Sounds like a great idea for a Kiddy Pool. And now that pools are coming back, we should totally get a kiddy pool if they add toddlers back lol
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I also want toddlers to return. I want them to have interactions for every age group, except babies maybe. I also doubt they would ever be patched, and to honest I will not buy them back. I refuse to buy something that should have been in the basegame all along. Why should my game with my playstyle, cost twice as much as someone elses? For those that are willing to spend money on them, I do hope you get them, and everything you want from them.

I don't know anymore Jules, I might consider an EP if it was a whole EP about toddlers but with say a lot MORE, stuff concerning other gameplay. But then the attention is divided in an EP like that. So, it's a quandary, an EP for toddlers no, but an EP about lots of stuff I would want in the game we never had before yes, but included toddlers. See, either way, I'd be looking at it like they sold toddlers to me...but if the EP had something amazing I never had before but been begging for years...and toddlers...then I would feel it was half baked toddlers. At this point they can't win...lol...but I would think about it, I guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I also want toddlers to return. I want them to have interactions for every age group, except babies maybe. I also doubt they would ever be patched, and to honest I will not buy them back. I refuse to buy something that should have been in the basegame all along. Why should my game with my playstyle, cost twice as much as someone elses? For those that are willing to spend money on them, I do hope you get them, and everything you want from them.

I don't know anymore Jules, I might consider an EP if it was a whole EP about toddlers but with say a lot MORE, stuff concerning other gameplay. But then the attention is divided in an EP like that. So, it's a quandary, an EP for toddlers no, but an EP about lots of stuff I would want in the game we never had before yes, but included toddlers. See, either way, I'd be looking at it like they sold toddlers to me...but if the EP had something amazing I never had before but been begging for years...and toddlers...then I would feel it was half baked toddlers. At this point they can't win...lol...but I would think about it, I guess.

x-x one of the reasons why I myself am hoping everyday that they have at least glanced at my thread. I understand that it's probably faaar to much stuff for one EP, but if they were to use even half of the ideas in there, I'm pretty confident that the EP would be more then great. Ofcourse, that's what i'm hoping for lol. I know EA has the power to do it, It's just a feeling, but the question is if they're willing or have the time to...

• Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    Whatever EA does, it's never good enough. Now they give you ghosts and pools FOR FREE and now you say you want toddlers?
    I'm sorry but you're an ungrateful brat.

Ungrateful Brat? Not at all. EA shouldn't be commended for returning these things. What you call for FREE has always been in the base games FOR FREE. EA cheated us out of these things.

I think they should be commended for doing something right. How would you feel if you made a mistake and made an effort to rectify it, but still had constant criticism and complaint? It's human beings working on this game, not robots, they deserve a little respect and decency.

I say: complain loudly for toddlers, cars and teenagers that look like teenagers, but also keep things balanced and show the devs some positive support from time to time.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Just to add my voice to this thread...please please bring our toddlers back. As bad as it sounds, I'd totally buy that expansion if necessary. I buy most of them anyway. As for the news on ghost, pools, careers..I'm most excited about the careers and then pools. The ghost aren't something I typically play but happy for those that wanted them. Anyway..bring on the toddlers!
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Jazzy6897 wrote: »
    I just want to say thanks to all of the "complainers". They're the reasons why we have ghosts now, gonna have pools and more careers in a couple of months, and possibly toddlers in the future. There have been times when I just wanted to tell them to shut up already, but I'm glad I didn't because their opinions are getting us what we want, and I thank them for that!

We all need to start speaking up, though. Not just the people that are disappointed. I don't think anyone thinks there's not one flaw with The Sims 4, because there is, and a lot of them. But if we want those flaws gone, we need to speak up! I mean everybody, including myself. Although I'm already very satisfied with the game, not everyone is and so we need to speak up so everyone can get the game they want!

Thank you! I'm glad that someone recognises that this progress is good for everyone and if no one stood up for this stuff there's absolutely no reason to invest more money in making these things for EA. It's not the devs fault- they were between a rock and a hard place.

Sugarysim wrote: »
    Whatever EA does, it's never good enough. Now they give you ghosts and pools FOR FREE and now you say you want toddlers?
    I'm sorry but you're an ungrateful brat.

Ungrateful Brat? Not at all. EA shouldn't be commended for returning these things. What you call for FREE has always been in the base games FOR FREE. EA cheated us out of these things.

I think they should be commended for doing something right. How would you feel if you made a mistake and made an effort to rectify it, but still had constant criticism and complaint? It's human beings working on this game, not robots, they deserve a little respect and decency.

I say: complain loudly for toddlers, cars and teenagers that look like teenagers, but also keep things balanced and show the devs some positive support from time to time.

Plenty of us have been very polite and nice to gurus and devs-actually I believe that being here and campaigning for better helps the devs because then they have examples of why its worth it to continue to improve sims 4 for all the extra revenue they will get from doing so. And obviously money is all the big suits at EA care about! We've all heard from the gurus themselves that they weren't 100% happy with the base game on release and so this pressure from fans helps give them the time and space needed to lobby for these changes now within the organisation.

• Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    ChadFC2 wrote: »

Have you thought about how your going to complain if they do patch in toddlers like they did pools?

Why would I complain that they were patched in? Don't worry though, if they are patched, I will find something else to complain about, just so your snarly remark won't go to waste.

Oh no worry, I will complain on behalf of @JULES1111 or should I say, I will complain instead of JULES1111 :p

But I will save that for later just so your remark will be justifed.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    I just want to say thanks to all of the "complainers". They're the reasons why we have ghosts now, gonna have pools and more careers in a couple of months, and possibly toddlers in the future. There have been times when I just wanted to tell them to shut up already, but I'm glad I didn't because their opinions are getting us what we want, and I thank them for that!

We all need to start speaking up, though. Not just the people that are disappointed. I don't think anyone thinks there's not one flaw with The Sims 4, because there is, and a lot of them. But if we want those flaws gone, we need to speak up! I mean everybody, including myself. Although I'm already very satisfied with the game, not everyone is and so we need to speak up so everyone can get the game they want!

I just wish that there are more people like you here :)
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »

I just wish that there are more people like you here :)

Couldn't agree more!

• Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2014
    Gramz777 wrote: »
    KrayzieStryker, i was just adding to some of your points from a different point of view. I think you have always seemed fair and respectful in your approach on this forum
    I appreciate you guys trying to understand what i am saying. I think it's just time i accept this forum is just not an environment for me :(
    I really hope you guys get what your wanting out of the game i really do <3 ...and that this forum can at some point find some common ground and peace as well...maybe then it might be a place i wanna spend some time and feel good about it when i do unlike the way it leaves me feeling now

Hmm could it be you think we spamming the Forum with negative only threads ? Sorry about that but i try not to do so, as you said i a try to be respectful in every post i write. And also do some positive posts, wat i like and what i think is nice and so on.
    But as i said the Problem lies in the Game, many new Player are joining this forum and many of them are more on the negative trip i guess.
    Thats why its maybe flooded with negative threads.
    And i am really sorry about that, but this Game is by far the best Sims Base Game yet, it lacks so much content and is sadly a stepback to the previous Sims 3 (i think so too sry).
    I can tell you it could be much harder if the missing content are not being added fast enough and not for free.
    Many Gaming Magazine such as IGN, Meta Critic, Game Spot and more, aren't really happy about this Game. And sadly most of the user even lesser. So i try to calm both sides if needed because i found my peace with the Game.
    Its also true even i was once a Sims 4 "hater" my first post i remember were plum i hate this Game ect. , but i calmed down in the last few weeks and i must say if i trully hated it i wouldn't bother coming here and would just ask for an refund, well okay with my version of the game not really possible though.
    And since than try to see this Game improving. So i think many will calm down too with time and if Maxis keep their Patching fast enough, it will change in a good way.

I hope this will soothe you in a way, because more than saying this i can't give.

No one is taking issue with you guys creating threads regarding your complaints. Actually it is preferred opposed to using and disrupting the whole forum to run a boycott campaign against EA unless ((you get what you want))

Many who like the game have voiced SIMILAR things they wish were different or included, but they do so without doing it in a way that is disrespectful to the company, devs and other forum members. They don't impose their ideologies on others who feel differently and then insult and accuse them of not being true loyal fans for not feeling the same way. I think this is who EA is mostly listening to, not those who are doing so in a manner that is not respected.

If you guys really cared about this game you would not go over and above to sabotage this game, the company, and insult devs in the way you have on these forums since it's release and furthermore, encouraged this kind behavior to rally support. It has been made clear, you want this game to go down in flames if ((you don't get what you want)) it's all or nothing. Cinebar for example, has stated for us to not get too happy with this game because "it's not staying"...ehem!!!. So this has nothing to do with voicing your complaints..it's the nasty and destructive way you have done it that has effected this forum as whole. That is what people are tired of and what they are taking issue with.

I am not saying this is all you, i am speaking in general about the group you run with and associate with. Some of them are respectful, but many are trying, and have made no secret of, taking down this game. People are leaving this forum including myself because of it so i guess in that respect (( they are getting what they wanted)) congrats enjoy.
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Toddlers will DEF be in an expansion, I doubt they will be patched.

I was thinking that too. Some sort of Generations EP. Toddlers, more to teenagers, etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    KrayzieStryker, i was just adding to some of your points from a different point of view. I think you have always seemed fair and respectful in your approach on this forum
    I appreciate you guys trying to understand what i am saying. I think it's just time i accept this forum is just not an environment for me :(
    I really hope you guys get what your wanting out of the game i really do <3 ...and that this forum can at some point find some common ground and peace as well...maybe then it might be a place i wanna spend some time and feel good about it when i do unlike the way it leaves me feeling now

Hmm could it be you think we spamming the Forum with negative only threads ? Sorry about that but i try not to do so, as you said i a try to be respectful in every post i write. And also do some positive posts, wat i like and what i think is nice and so on.
    But as i said the Problem lies in the Game, many new Player are joining this forum and many of them are more on the negative trip i guess.
    And i am really sorry about that, but this Game is by far the best Sims Base Game yet, it lacks so much content and is sadly a stepback to the previous Sims 3 (i think so too sry).
    I can tell you it could be much harder if the missing content are not being added fast enough and not for free.
    Many Gaming Magazine such as IGN, Meta Critic, Game Spot and more, aren't really happy about this Game. And sadly most of the user even lesser. So i try to calm both sides if needed because i found my peace with the Game.
    Its also true even i was once a Sims 4 "hater" my first post i remember were plum i hate this Game ect. , but i calmed down in the last few weeks and i must say if i trully hated it i wouldn't bother coming here and would just ask for an refund, well okay with my version of the game not really possible though.
    And since than try to see this Game improving. So i think many will calm down too with time and if Maxis keep their Patching fast enough, it will change in a good way.

I hope this will soothe you in a way, because more than saying this i can't give.

No one is taking issue with you guys creating threads regarding your complaints. Actually it is preferred opposed to using and disrupting the whole forum to run a boycott campaign against EA unless ((you get what you want))

Many who like the game have voiced SIMILAR things they wish were different or included, but they do so without doing it in a way that is disrespectful to the company, devs and other forum members. They don't impose their ideologies on others who feel differently and then insult and accuse them of not being true loyal fans for not feeling the same way. I think this is who EA is mostly listening to, not those who are doing so in a manner that is not respected.

If you guys really cared about this game you would not go over and above to sabotage this game, the company, and insult devs in the way you have on these forums since it's release and furthermore, encouraged this kind behavior to rally support. It has been made clear, you want this game to go down in flames if ((you don't get what you want)) it's all or nothing. Cinebar for example, has stated for us to not get too happy with this game because "it's not staying"...ehem!!!. So this has nothing to do with voicing your complaints..it's the nasty and destructive way you have done it that has effected this forum as whole. That is what people are tired of and what they are taking issue with.

I am not saying this is all you, i am speaking in general about the group you run with and associate with. Some of them are respectful, but many are trying, and have made no secret of, taking down this game. People are leaving this forum including myself because of it so i guess in that respect ((you are getting what you wanted)) congrats enjoy.

Okay i understand thanks for saying this out, you have a point. But well i can't change the way people doing their complaints, but i can say i try to be constructive and want to show people the way as the Sims 4 is now it will mostly fail. So i am sorry again causing you stress and discomfort in the Sims 4 Forum.
    Edit
    I need to add and after i've chat with SimGuruLindsay i will try more to support this Game. I won't see any other way than just speaking my thoughts about this Game in respectful manner. And i am not here to destroy this Game believe me or not i am just a passionate Sims Lover that missing his part in the way of playing Sims. Thats all i got say for now.
  • Options

I am not saying this is all you, i am speaking in general about the group you run with and associate with. Some of them are respectful, but many are trying, and have made no secret of, taking down this game. People are leaving this forum including myself because of it so i guess in that respect ((you are getting what you wanted)) congrats enjoy.

Excuse me but I think you are generalising here-I don't believe most people who are here are 'going over and above to sabotage the game'. The very fact SimGuru Lyndsay came on and thanked us for our input shows that's not the case. We love the people involved with creating sims games and have been very polite and kind. I think most of us are aware EA put them in a tough position and prevented them completing sims4 to the best of their ability by pushing an unrealistic release date.
    There's been bad behaviour all over this forum from people on all sides of the spectrum of sims4-it's not really 'positives' and 'negatives' it's people from 'omg I love the sims 4, it's the best ever' to 'Urgh I hate the sims4 it's plum'.
    Most people fall into the moderate category in the sims4 spectrum and it's grossly unfair to place moderates into a camp with people who you believe 'want the game to fail' and if that's the case then moderate lovers of this game would be placed in the same camp as those who attack those who are disappointed. I could do the same to you but I'm rising above it.
    This forum is the place to discuss the sims4. Not everyone will agree and the reason things get so heated is because sims is a game lots of people adore. If you notice rude troll type messages ignore them-it's not worth your time or energy, and same goes for if you don't like people being disappointed-no one forces you to read everything.
    The fact is most of us fans want this title to flourish and silencing people with issues would only make it harder for the devs to address issues and lobby for the time and money to make improvements on the game. Because if EA thought everything was fine nothing would happen.
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2014
    Is this all you have to hang on..."we are trying to silence you"...you seriously did not register a word i have said clearly because it's not about silencing you one bit or saying you should like the game when you don't.
  • Options

Excuse me but I think you are generalising here-I don't believe most people who are here are 'going over and above to sabotage the game'. The very fact SimGuru Lyndsay came on and thanked us for our input shows that's not the case. We love the people involved with creating sims games and have been very polite and kind. I think most of us are aware EA put them in a tough position and prevented them completing sims4 to the best of their ability by pushing an unrealistic release date.
    There's been bad behaviour all over this forum from people on all sides of the spectrum of sims4-it's not really 'positives' and 'negatives' it's people from 'omg I love the sims 4, it's the best ever' to 'Urgh I hate the sims4 it's plum'.
    Most people fall into the moderate category in the sims4 spectrum and it's grossly unfair to place moderates into a camp with people who you believe 'want the game to fail' and if that's the case then moderate lovers of this game would be placed in the same camp as those who attack those who are disappointed. I could do the same to you but I'm rising above it.
    This forum is the place to discuss the sims4. Not everyone will agree and the reason things get so heated is because sims is a game lots of people adore. If you notice rude troll type messages ignore them-it's not worth your time or energy, and same goes for if you don't like people being disappointed-no one forces you to read everything.
    The fact is most of us fans want this title to flourish and silencing people with issues would only make it harder for the devs to address issues and lobby for the time and money to make improvements on the game. Because if EA thought everything was fine nothing would happen.

Thanks i think this is a better way to answer our problem here ;)
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yes. If they add toddlers and family trees, I'll be super happy.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Crazy4me000Crazy4me000 Posts: 188 Member
    pretty please with ice-cream on top!!
  • Options
    Is this all you have to hang on..."we are trying to silence you"...you seriously did not register a word i have said clearly because it's not about silencing you one bit or saying you should like the game when you don't.

Look I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just saying arguing is pointless.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Is this all you have to hang on..."we are trying to silence you"...you seriously did not register a word i have said clearly because it's not about silencing you one bit or saying you like the game when you don't.

No she doesn't mean that way, but sometimes it feels that way, when guys coming and saying everything is alright, when someone is down at the moment cause they're disappointed in the Game. I remember when i stated my first "hate" post sorry to say this my first response where "you must playing a different version of the game" or "you did buy the game so live with it", this is not good at all. Yes this kind of people are trying to silence the complainer. Well after some time i got to know they're mostly trolls doing this so this must be said. But as i said most of our kinds try to make constructive feedback so the player and dev's can work with it. I also mean player cause they need some comfort too, after the shock and disappointed gaming experience.
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • Options
    Is this all you have to hang on..."we are trying to silence you"...you seriously did not register a word i have said clearly because it's not about silencing you one bit or saying you like the game when you don't.

No she doesn't mean that way, but sometimes it feels that way, when guys coming and saying everything is alright, when someone is down at the moment cause they're disappointed in the Game. I remember when i stated my first "hate" post sorry to say this my first response where "you must playing a different version of the game" or "you did buy the game so live with it", this is not good at all. Yes this kind of people are trying to silence the complainer. Well after i've some time i got to know they're mostly trolls doing this so this must be said. But as i said most of our kinds try to make constructive feedback so the player and dev's can work with it. I also mean player cause they need some comfort too, after the shock and disappointed gaming experience.

Exactly. For gamers like us it's like you are all invited to the best sims party and no one invited us. It's upsetting to be left out!