Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alright EA, now we just need toddlers

I see that ghosts were patched in today and that pools and careers are coming in November and December. All of that is great and all, but I would still like to see my toddlers come back. Just give me toddler beds, a changing table and the ability to bathe them in a tub, and I'll be happy EA. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    Yes please :)
  • Options
    XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    I am pretty sure they will add them as well, Just the toddlers probably require more work so they will take longer to add, I just find it funny how much people were complaining when I figured they would be added in patches, and boom here they are! Just because they weren't in game at day 1 doesn't mean we'd never see them in future patches :)
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    Yes, please and AMEN on the toddlers.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Toddlers will DEF be in an expansion, I doubt they will be patched.
  • Options
    WheatorulesWheatorules Posts: 48 Member
    If they made a whole expansion based around families, which as well as adding in toddlers, also added in the ability for the NPCs to get married and have children, I'd happily pay for it.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    If we are getting them it will either be in an expansion or a patch sometime next year! this year is a bit soon i think ;)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I also want toddlers to return. I want them to have interactions for every age group, except babies maybe. I also doubt they would ever be patched, and to honest I will not buy them back. I refuse to buy something that should have been in the basegame all along. Why should my game with my playstyle, cost twice as much as someone elses? For those that are willing to spend money on them, I do hope you get them, and everything you want from them.
  • Options
    ChadFC2ChadFC2 Posts: 139 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I also want toddlers to return. I want them to have interactions for every age group, except babies maybe. I also doubt they would ever be patched, and to honest I will not buy them back. I refuse to buy something that should have been in the basegame all along. Why should my game with my playstyle, cost twice as much as someone elses? For those that are willing to spend money on them, I do hope you get them, and everything you want from them.

Have you thought about how your going to complain if they do patch in toddlers like they did pools?
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    Maybe toddlers will return in december along with one of the new careers?...nanny/new day care perhaps...I guess we just gotta play this waiting game a little longer :) in the meantime the ghosts are gonna keep me occupied they look awesome!
    200.gif
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Haha we won only one fight the war still goes on ? lol
  • Options
    Sebbe_Debbe123Sebbe_Debbe123 Posts: 129 Member
    Let them take their time. I want to have some really cute, crazy, annoying and funny toddlers oh and of course #SmarterToddlers
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Haha we won only one fight the war still goes on ? lol

Let the war rage oooooooonnnnnn!!!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I imagine they will patch them in sometime early next year. I think Graham at least mentioned toddlers as one of their priorities. I imagine they are working on them. I would think a life-age takes a wee bit more time than say, STAR WARS costumes and such. We'll get them at some point, I am sure.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If toddlers were ever to appear in an EP, they'd probably be patched in as well so that those who don't buy the EP also get them. That's how it was for certain features in TS3, thankfully. After all it's not fair that something basic can only be enjoyed by the people who want that EP.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChadFC2ChadFC2 Posts: 139 Member
    ChadFC2 wrote: »

Have you thought about how your going to complain if they do patch in toddlers like they did pools?

Why would I complain that they were patched in? Don't worry though, if they are patched, I will find something else to complain about, just so your snarly remark won't go to waste.

We all know you will. It is your job isn't it? Thank you for the complement!
  • Options
    WheatorulesWheatorules Posts: 48 Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > If toddlers were ever to appear in an EP, they'd probably be patched in as well so that those who don't buy the EP also get them. That's how it was for certain features in TS3, thankfully. After all it's not fair that something basic can only be enjoyed by the people who want that EP.

I want every EP! GIMME MORE SIMS 4!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Agreed, bring back the toddlers too! And let them play with my cow plants...
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'd feel a lot better if I KNEW toddlers were returning. I'm not unhappy with giving them time to work on toddlers because I'd rather they did them properly but like others have said they shouldn't be extra cost for us-that would be very unfair! I give my trust to @SimGuruLyndsay to try to argue our case on this in sims4 HQ as I said I would for her listening. I just hope our pleas help us get cuter, wonderful toddlers!
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

I see your point, but to a point.

I would much rather have toddlers come in an EP, where they are fleshed out, complete with outits, objects and objectives. I don't think they can do all that in a patch. While yes I want toddlers to return, I don't want them be a washouted stage to where ... here are your toddlers, also tied to the bassinet. Take them out to potty train, go right back in, take them out to teach to talk, put them right back in.

Sure, you might get toddlers patched in .... but are those the toddlers you really want? Be careful you might get what you asked for.

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Part of me was super hoping it would be on the list as I realized what I was reading... but I had a feeling it would take longer for them to return. I just really hope they are part of Ep1 at minimum, if not the next major feature of the following patches for early next year. They basically gave us a run down for what to expect this year.

I'm actually taking a day off to do some me time stuff as I'm stressed out with school and work - so I'm supposed to be simming right now, but I'm on the forums because this is great and distracted by the big announcement. I suppose my thing is what is the big announcement? If it's this news from today why do they bother with a twitch being a big announcement but then do it before the broadcast? I'm confused. I guess I'm hoping for more news, but I suppose it will be a recap of all the new news... but I'm hoping to hear about DLC & maybe EP1 - at least what direction they're taking... that I'm sure they could talk about, at this point.

I'm probally reaching but I'm hoping to find out about toddlers today. LOL EP1's theme, or at least DLC stuff - I wanna see what they can do with towns and worlds and such.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

I see your point, but to a point.

I would much rather have toddlers come in an EP, where they are fleshed out, complete with outits, objects and objectives. I don't think they can do all that in a patch. While yes I want toddlers to return, I don't want them be a washouted stage to where ... here are your toddlers, also tied to the bassinet. Take them out to potty train, go right back in, take them out to teach to talk, put them right back in.

Sure, you might get toddlers patched in .... but are those the toddlers you really want? Be careful you might get what you asked for.

There is middle ground, they could make them as if it was a EP, with everything they need and making them a joy. Instead of selling them, or even doing a patch (if that would be to difficult to do, I don't know how much content a patch can hold) they could simply put the, we'll call it a EP, on Origin to be downloaded at no cost.