Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    Thanks @Rainydayz179 I like that idea.
  • Options
    capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    The issue with disappearing sims happens sometime after the fourth game week. The love interest in my legacy is a non-played not in this world sim, so I just used a mod that keeps the culling from happening so I will never have to move him in if I don't want to.

If anyone needs a link, let me know and I'll post it later. Mods are so much easier to manage now and they tell you right away which ones are in use, etc.

@PaisleyPink you have to meet them and have them moved in through sim interactions only. Same for moving them out and having kids within the family.

You can go to manage sims and change them in manage worlds, like if you want the goth's to have more kids, etc. let's you have a lot more control over names, relationships, etc without having to play them.
  • Options
    Oh, and it seems as though the game does its culling between Thursday and Friday, so If you don't want someone culled meet them over the weekend and move then in before Thursday if you don't want to use the mod. It was even impacting sims you moved out of your household previously so siblings and stuff. I know the mod fixes that, however I have no idea what the EA patch did to fix that for vanilla games.
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    Really interesting to read all your reports on how the challenge is going.
    And impressing that somebody allready completed it. Congrats :D

And if someone should be interested, i have my own legacy going to
    The Torburden Legacy Challenge
    09-08-14_10-36c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I'm only on the second generation. But the 2nd Gen heir is YA so it shouldn't be too long before she finds herself a husband. It's going slow but I like it. They have a HUGE garden. Great for paying bills with.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Whoot! Congrats @friendsfan367 on reaching 10 gens on your legacy! *throws confetti and passes around a plate of cookies to celebrate!* I'm still on Gen 1 story wise, but gen three are now children. I really need to get my story caught up with my game :D
    iplayed and cathtea wrote my story . i can't type.

Where is your story? Do you have a link? I know you post it on here and I have been reading your updates but I didn't realize someone typed a story. Congrats on completing the challenge. Now what are you going to do? Continue or do something else?
    its not a actul story she did a sumary of each generation.

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited September 2014
    @capturedmuse My experiment of taking my sims to different lots to generate more townies failed. I just checked and the only other households are the ones that I put in houses. I've been writing down the names of households but I guess it's pointless because they all just keep disappearing on me. This is the "not in world" households I am talking about when I refer to "townies".
  • Options
    @capturedmuse My experiment of taking my sims to different lots to generate more townies failed. I just checked and the only other households are the ones that I put in houses. I've been writing down the names of households but I guess it's pointless because they all just keep disappearing on me. This is the "not in world" households I am talking about when I refer to "townies".
    with the exception of the pancakes i never got the chance to play premades. i didn't realize everyone would die
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, and it seems as though the game does its culling between Thursday and Friday, so If you don't want someone culled meet them over the weekend and move then in before Thursday if you don't want to use the mod. It was even impacting sims you moved out of your household previously so siblings and stuff. I know the mod fixes that, however I have no idea what the EA patch did to fix that for vanilla games.

Great tip, Captured! Thank you! I was planning on having to do move-in-at-first-meets, but it's nice to know that we've got until Thursday!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

[/quote] its not a actul story she did a sumary of each generation.

[/quote]

I was your genealogist, @friends--I just listed the family tree for you. YOU were the storyteller--all your little posts here told the story of your family in hilarious little snippet updates. If anyone wants to read them all in review, just go to friendsfan's page and click on Posts. You'll need to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page in order to go back and read all of them. Go all the way back to early Sept. Have fun! They're great reading!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    For people wanting the mod to fix their disappearing Sim problem: http://modthesims.info/t/535559
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    The Legacy Challenge rules have been updated to version 0.96. Check them out here!

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/legacy-challenge-rules-update-0-96/
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    It says page not found when I click the link. Not sure why, could just be my computer being stupid. Off to read them now, thanks for posting!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    @Pinstar - great update! I love that there can now be successive spouses in case of early demise... or even elderly demise...

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    its not a actul story she did a sumary of each generation.

[/quote]

I was your genealogist, @friends--I just listed the family tree for you. YOU were the storyteller--all your little posts here told the story of your family in hilarious little snippet updates. If anyone wants to read them all in review, just go to friendsfan's page and click on Posts. You'll need to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page in order to go back and read all of them. Go all the way back to early Sept. Have fun! They're great reading!

iwrote a legacy without knowing . cool. i did look at worpress but it said free trial. i need something thats actually free. til theni probably can't post more than what i did with th other posts.
  • Options

iwrote a legacy without knowing . cool. i did look at worpress but it said free trial. i need something thats actually free. til theni probably can't post more than what i did with th other posts.

I've got a free WordPress account. They have premium accounts that cost, but the basic ones are free. I do notice that mine has ads for some visitors, which is probably how WP manages to keep them free.

• Options
    I posted two more chapters today. One's an everyday type of post... and one is scary. :( But I played all afternoon, and everything's working out fine now! Whew!

• Options
    my sim love scaring me . cierra caught fire but lived since she was standing under the fire sprinkler . i forgot i had one.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Uhhhhhhh whoa... I just got back to playing my legacy after a few weeks' break, and I went to look at the rules because I couldn't remember every detail... and the rules have changed. They now say that no spouses may bring money into the household. When I started playing, all the talk was about how to find out which townies lived alone so that you COULD get some money when you married one, since you were only allowed to move in one person per generation.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a "single" townie, and I started a blog, and took a bazillion screenshots - then had to start over because my founder died of embarrassment while proposing... did the whole thing all over again, a bazillion screenshots again and the blog...

...and now I come back to find out that retroactively I have broken the rules? Do I have to start over again?

Or should I wait until the rules are nailed down so I don't have to keep doing this?

Grrrrrrr!
  • Options
    @SimSiren3 - don't worry! You're grandfathered in! Pinstar wrote about that when he did the rule change, how it only applies from here on out, not if you already started. Just be sure that the future spouses/sig others don't bring in funds, and you can do that through merging them with another "Currently Not in World" household through manage households. Have fun! And i'm heading off to read your blog now..

• Options
    MissBizbokMissBizbok Posts: 28 New Member
    I know it may be a little off topic but I have a brilliant idea for a challenge, and it has not been done (I had a little research day and could not find anything similar.) It's a challenge/legacy type thing. Ten generations all that jazz with a twist and I guess it's VERY strict but I'm giving plenty of options. I'm currently working on it and it might take some time but I am excited already. I don't want to rush it at all and I am still playing this legacy so its just being plotted and planned atm.

I have a question though for all you experienced legacy/challenge players...

If you were looking into playing a challenge but it required you to download lots and sims, bulldoze both willow creek and oasis springs and place the downloaded lots down, delete all townies and premades and replace them with said downloaded sims.... Would you not play it? Would you be completely opposed to the idea?

Just wondering what percentage of sims legacy players would give a challenge / legacy a chance if it required you to do all of the above?
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    Hey guys, sorry I've not posted a Chapter in a long time I've just not been feeling to well. Hopefully Chapter Eight will be release tonight since I only need to take a couple more pictures. Sorry It;s taken so long xxx
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    MissBizbok wrote: »
    I know it may be a little off topic but I have a brilliant idea for a challenge, and it has not been done (I had a little research day and could not find anything similar.) It's a challenge/legacy type thing. Ten generations all that jazz with a twist and I guess it's VERY strict but I'm giving plenty of options. I'm currently working on it and it might take some time but I am excited already. I don't want to rush it at all and I am still playing this legacy so its just being plotted and planned atm. <br />
    <br />
    I have a question though for all you experienced legacy/challenge players...<br />
    <br />
    If you were looking into playing a challenge but it required you to download lots and sims, bulldoze both willow creek and oasis springs and place the downloaded lots down, delete all townies and premades and replace them with said downloaded sims.... Would you not play it? Would you be completely opposed to the idea? <br />
    <br />
    Just wondering what percentage of sims legacy players would give a challenge / legacy a chance if it required you to do all of the above?

I would not be completely opposed to the idea as long as I don't have to redo the whole town as that is so time consuming. Maybe just bulldoze a few homes from each world? Get rid of pre-mades and add Sims, I would do that. Get rid of one the parks. I don't know if I would want to redo the both towns though. Sounds like a lot of work but I would read about it and consider it.
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    MissBizbok wrote: »
    I know it may be a little off topic but I have a brilliant idea for a challenge, and it has not been done (I had a little research day and could not find anything similar.) It's a challenge/legacy type thing. Ten generations all that jazz with a twist and I guess it's VERY strict but I'm giving plenty of options. I'm currently working on it and it might take some time but I am excited already. I don't want to rush it at all and I am still playing this legacy so its just being plotted and planned atm. <br />
    <br />
    I have a question though for all you experienced legacy/challenge players...<br />
    <br />
    If you were looking into playing a challenge but it required you to download lots and sims, bulldoze both willow creek and oasis springs and place the downloaded lots down, delete all townies and premades and replace them with said downloaded sims.... Would you not play it? Would you be completely opposed to the idea? <br />
    <br />

I've thought about bulldozing the towns and adding new houses from the gallery in a game. ImaginingMystic has a challenge where you build all new houses, now that I can't do! Would you have specific sims for the challenge that need to be downloaded?
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @SimSiren3 - don't worry! You're grandfathered in! Pinstar wrote about that when he did the rule change, how it only applies from here on out, not if you already started. Just be sure that the future spouses/sig others don't bring in funds, and you can do that through merging them with another "Currently Not in World" household through manage households. Have fun! And i'm heading off to read your blog now..

Oh, wonderful, thank you so much! I must have missed the announcement during my rather long hiatus. I feel so much better now <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top