Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.(Closed.)

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    That's a pretty awesome Sim. Sometimes randomize does some really cool things, every once in a blue moon.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    This is an interesting story you have started, I would really read more of it.
    By the way what are her traits, you mentioned family orientated but what about the rest?

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited September 2014
    Intersex would be a more proper term than hermaphrodite. The latter is more slang and often offensive.

ETA: REALLY EA? Inter-s*x
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    I need an adult
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    How did you do that,RocketDarci? I want to make a female Sim who is a cross-dresser(dresses like a man),but all the males' faces are far too masculine to pass for a woman,and there are no options for Sims to cross-dress.
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    I love this story! I had a Sim that I used the name randomizer in Sims 3 (it did both the first and last names together, not separately like Sims 4) and that's how I ended up with Raina Day, about the same time Seasons came out coincidentally enough. B) (Now I'm tempted to try and remember what she looked like to create her in game -- if my current family gets a boy, maybe I'll make her as a child with a single parent and move her into the neighborhood.) Maybe your Reina will find someone who shares her genetic oddity and they'll find happiness together, just about the same time that the toddlers come home to the Simiverse. :)

Thank you! Oh, that's such a cute name! I love Raina Day for a name! If seasons had recently come out and I got that randomized name, I'd flip out happily! Post a pic if you can remake her!

I hope she finds happiness with someone unique, but until then I think I'll focus on making her happy by increasing her wealth and getting a much needed roof over Reina's head. OMG, can't wait for toddlers! It's going to be so cute! :)

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I predict this will get either flamed or moved to stories area of forums.

Moved to stories! If it has to be moved. :) No flaming please!

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Chris41279 wrote: »
    Good stuff! Keep the updates coming. I tend to relate really well with outcasts, as in RL I'm kinda the black sheep of my family for my lifestyle choices. The fact this is the direction you went with the sim, is really intriguing to me. Keep up the good work. Your storytelling skills are phenomenal! :)

Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment! :) I relate well with outcasts too, also a black sheep here, so I gravitate towards quirky stories.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Dariu wrote: »
    The fact that the surname "Uzumaki" is enough to make me want to nuke this thread

NARUTO WAS ONLY GOOD UNTIL THE END OF ZABUZA AND HAKU. After that it went down a downward spiral...

And lets face it. OROCHIMARU is a pedosnake

No nuking my thread! LOL! I disagree! Naruto is great!

Orochimaru is a pedosnake tho, will agree with that.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Lol, gotta love hermaphrodites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvEbSABcjjA
    Yes, yes you do! :) Well, you don't have to love them if you don't want to, but that kinda sucks of you. lol

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I actually like stories with gender confusion, some of my favorite, but without the game actually supporting it somehow, I don't have any interest in trying to implement it in my game :p

I'm cool with pretending, I don't expect the sims to create intersex/hermaphrodite sims, but it is interesting to play the theme in game, so I don't mind pretending a bit.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    I like this story so far. Please continue :D Just curious but what are Reina's traits and aspirations?

Thank you. :) I believe her aspiration is 'The Curator' with the collector trait. Her traits are: Creative, Family Oriented & Materialistic.

She is kind of a pack-rat and collects everything she can get, she is very family oriented because she has always wanted a beautiful family and was raised in a difficult family, and she's materialistic because all she's ever known is poverty, so she's obsessed with gaining wealth and doing better for her future family.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    hehe, grats on finally coming around!...aint so bad is it?...they'll add all the "missing" stuff eventually...and itll be 10 times better ;)

Thanks, yeah it's been getting more fun with Reina! I seriously do miss toddlers, ghosts and the supernatural, but you're probably right that they will be coming back. I just hope I don't have to pay out the nose for toddlers. :(

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »
    Oh man I'll let her benchpress me anytime...

Reina's pretty cute, eh? Yeah I like her too.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    RavenChildRavenChild Posts: 10 New Member
    @RockoutDarci
    That's a very unique looking sim, nice find! I probably would have thought of her more as a body builder (Or maybe a super heroine!) but the direction you chose to take your story is heartwarming. What a great reason to get immersed in the game!

@PigDestroyer1978
    At first I truly could not fathom why you seemed so offended by this but now I realize you can't possibly be defining a hermaphrodite correctly and must be confusing it with something else.
    Fish, plants, snails, slugs...it's common to them and even advantageous. To them, it has nothing to do with "gender identity", only reproduction and survival of their species. As for humans, while it's medically possible to remove a "part" of themselves, hermaphrodism (Not certain that's even a word >.< ) takes place in the chromosomes and isn't the same as having, let's say, an extra toe removed. I'm unclear how you would even know someone had been born a hermaphrodite unless they told you TBH or how their chromosomes are making you uncomfortable. (Then again, some people are wary of those with red hair too! LoL)
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Those guns....

Edit: She's definitely the most unique Sim I've seen to date and I love her hair/color :)

Yeah, she is pretty muscular. I love her hair color too, she turned out rather cute! :) Thank you.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I wish you'd turn this into a blog and post the link here. It'd be an interesting read.
  • Options
    Rubycube86 wrote: »
    I'm rather disappointed at some of the comments in this thread. Just shows that some people can't handle this, and think the only way to do so is to tell the OP how weird they are, or how funny this topic is (in a bad way) or just stick their noses up at it.

I think you've done a good job, OP! Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for the kind words, some people really can't handle this mature subject matter and that's sad to me too. I am trying to be respectful of the intersex community while playing my game, same as I am while playing homosexual couples in game. I like to help de-stigmatize things that shouldn't have a stigma attached to them. I am glad you like it, thank you.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    I wish you'd turn this into a blog and post the link here. It'd be an interesting read.

I agree with your idea I would like to read about Reina's daily life and her story.

Also I like your name Sue_D_Nim! It is what it says it is... I like it
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    That is terrifying but I'm glad she/he/it has helped you to enjoy the game a bit more, lol.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Personally the "body of a boy" thing is weird, because it is obviously a feminine body. I have no problem wit the rest, but she is quite curvy so I don't get that part.

Reina is a mix, she appears moreso as a female and is more identifiable as a female, but only recently. She was born being raised as a male, only recently growing into her curves and she still really relates as a man too, even though she also feels feminine. I call Reina a 'she' just because it's easier. :)

Reina's body is also very muscular, she has a 6 pack and broad shoulders, really defined arms and thick muscled legs. Those are all male characteristics mixed in along with her feminine ones. Thank you.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That is terrifying but I'm glad she/he/it has helped you to enjoy the game a bit more, lol.

It shouldn't be terrifying, there are a lot of sweet people that are hermaphrodite and they aren't terrifying. Thank you though and yes, Reina has helped me get into TS4. :)

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    reinas first fan pic.
    29vig7k.jpg
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Dariu that signature makes my eyes bleed, please re-think it for everyone's sake.

@ OP....It isn't that people don't understand (and quite frankly, as an educated person I'm offended by this), its that a lot of people simply don't like it and/or they don't want to be forced to accept it. Moreover, just like the people who accept it, the people who don't have a right to choose what they are exposed to. Its never been biologically proven that gender identity (or lack there of) isn't a choice. Like any other choice someone makes, there may be consequences (like the way people react.) Regardless of whether or not they were born that way, the "medical truth" is that most of them have the option.

In retrospect, if they choose not to pick a gender they are ultimately alienating themselves. You say people "decide for them how they should go about their life", when in fact the people who live that lifestyle put others (the majority in fact) in that position by choice. As a member of society, I don't appreciate being put in that position to begin with. Did you ever consider that? In most societies, there are dominant cultural expectations and it sounds to me like you demonize those who react accordingly. That's just the way society works, sorry.

EDIT: And btw EA, I definitely wouldn't consider the lack hermaphrodites in Sims 4 to be "something missing". :|

It is obvious that they don't understand, because you are not understanding and as an educated person, I find you ignorant. Your comment is offensive to me. I don't care if society doesn't like it, people born with this condition did not CHOOSE to be born with both male and female parts, it is how they were born. It is not a lifestyle choice, it is how they were born and just because it would be easier or more pleasant for society doesn't make it right for society to expect them to change how they were born and be forced into one box or the other. They were born with the anatomy of both genders and because society can't handle it they have to choose one half of their true gender and disregard the other their whole lives, I know this is a difficult concept for people to understand, but gender isn't so cut and dry. That's a dumb thing to say that gender identity hasn't been 'biologically proven' no duh, how are you doing to prove an identity? Most human beings have trouble with their own identities their whole lives, identity isn't something that can be biologically proven, since when has identifying as an animal lover or environmentalist something that can be proven biologically? It can't it's a part of their identity and how they identify themselves and nobody can tell another person what they are or how they feel on the inside. If that's not enough, their reproductive organs can be seen and those already speak for themselves, but that still isn't enough for people like you. Even if it is a choice, they have a RIGHT to stay as they were naturally born or to choose a gender and for you to say that is offensive is ridiculously ignorant to me. They have a right to stay as they were born, they have a right to relate to both of their anatomy and do not deserve to be shoved around how society thinks they should be. They should be themselves and society should get educated. They alienate themselves to educate the world and de-stigmatize their condition and yes, it is a struggle, to show the world and others like them that it is OK to be yourself, to not give in to what society thinks you are and to trust yourself. Forget what society thinks of you and be yourself, society can take care of itself. Society will learn and the world will be a more beautiful place because of it, society never learns by people just shutting up and picking a side.

No one should have to be shoved into a category that they don't relate to just because society gets offended and can't handle it. Whether society likes it or not and whether their binary brains can handle it or not, there is a lot more in this world than just black and white and not everyone feels like a 'boy or girl'. They shouldn't have to choose, it's their body and their right not to choose if they want to stay the way they were born. Yes there may be consequences and society may consider it rude, but that's because society hasn't been educated on these subjects and they're still taboo. People like Reina will struggle to be seen in the world and will live with consequences of their choices like societies' opinion and will forge on, but no that doesn't mean that you're forced to see them, you do have a right to choose what you're exposed to, you can simply walk away, bam instant choice and freedom of what you're exposed to, should you dislike them. I do not demonize people who react accordingly, because society does not react accordingly and kind to these people, society needs to change and the only way that will happen is if people like Reina stand up for themselves and show the world that they exist. Society at times thought lots of things were wrong and offensive, but society changed because individuals stepped up for themselves and I'm sure they'll take the brunt of society time and time again to educate the world and make it a better place. People and individuals can change society, that's how it works and it starts with people standing up for themselves and yeah that's gonna offend some people, but in the end I'll defend those standing up for themselves over society any day. Society changes, people change society and you may not like it, but that's just how society works, I'm sorry.

Let them live their lives as they choose and be kind. If you want a choice in what you're exposed to, you have one, just walk away. Stay out of my thread if this offends you, please. Actually please just stay out of my threads, thank you.

I don't think EA is missing anything by not including hermaphrodites, but if they did, I would be interested in it and would probably think it's great if it was done well. It won't happen because it's too difficult of a topic, I'll just pretend for now.

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png