Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    looks like the colored fields for Homecoming don't stick to the numbers in the item/set and repeat deals tab XD bad spreadsheet :p
    That tab is automatically created. The rows keep changing as items are added but the colored cell is not tied to the item. This sheet will not be colored until the whole list begins rotating.

I was not clocking in, just peeking in

thought so :)

Buccaneer's Bounty is tied to the origin code of Barnacle Bay, right? Got a nice MMAO at 58% but it includes an item from Buccaneer's :(
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    42 ) Nautical Living / 495 / 990 / 50% / 2 hrs (more than 35)

Next up -

43 ) Feathered Headpiece / 2 hrs
    44 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings (repeat of 1?)

g'night/morning/whatever.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    MANDEEx88 wrote: »
    Okay extreme newb question (newb to the phrase not to The Sims). What does MMAO stand for? I know CYS is complete your set.
    Some of us, myself included, have also been known to refer to it as MMLMAO because of it's habit of offering content you already own (especially worlds and venues) and usually with laughably low discounts ;)

• Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    Now that would be a very short list!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They're teasing ;) I imagine 5 more :p

• Options
    edited September 2014
    43 ) Feathered Headpiece / 60 / 84 / 29%/ 2 hrs

Next
    44 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / / 810 / 2 hrs (first deal says 900)
    45 ) Everyday Teens Collection / / 1219 / hrs

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    I am excited, because the next two deals are sets I really want. Hoping for a very good discount for the Everyday Teens Collection, because my CYS is actually quite a bit better for the Fun For Kids Of All Ages Compilation.

And totally OT, but does anybody know if @sefned is okay? I haven't seen her around since the new list started, I think.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    44 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 450 / 810 / 44% / 2 hrs (more than 1) (first deal says 900)

Next
    45 ) Everyday Teens Collection / / 1219 / 2 hrs
    46 ) Doris Capri Pants // 68 / / hrs

Don't know @awellenbl Hope everything is okay

• Options
    I guess I will trust in the list repeating and wait for the other deal on Vineyard Villa Furnishings.

And I hope that as well, @Sweet2.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    45 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 915/ 1219 / 25% / 2 hrs

Next
    46 ) Doris Capri Pants // 68 / / 2 hrs
    47 ) NordiChop / / 38 / / hrs

• Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    I think its safe to say that the DDs are now just as bad as MMLMAO...
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    25%?!? Eww...
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Yeah, I miss the old list. lol. These deals suck.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2014
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Make Me an Offer. The feature that's behind the little Toy Machine icon on the store page.
    Oh right! Thank you for reminding me! :)

kati77 wrote: »
    I think I'm getting a bit annoyed with this list. Of course there is actually only one thing I'm waiting to repeat (the Amore venue), and first it seemed like nothing was going to repeat. Now I see more and more stuff repeating, and we're still only in the beginning of this list. It feels as if they're teasing us and just not repeating the one thing that probably more people than just me would still like to get. For me the new list started at night while I was sleeping, so I missed the Amore venue. But since it's the newest (and last) venue there is, I can't really believe I'm the only one, who's still trying to get it.

And anyway, has there really been any of the really popular sets or venues that people missed on the last rotation because they sold out so quickly? I mean, I was lucky enough to get all of the ones I wanted, but I'm pretty sure there are quite a lot of people waiting for them to show up as well.

So, couldn't they just make those venues and the Amore venue repeat a few times on this list too? Not just sets that would never sell out even if there still was a limit to their number.
    The only thing I am STILL waiting for is Stones Throw Greenhouse and possibly the Amore set but I know I;ll only be able to afford one. After I get Stones Throw, I will be pretty satisfied.

ajaxpost wrote: »
    MANDEEx88 wrote: »
    Okay extreme newb question (newb to the phrase not to The Sims). What does MMAO stand for? I know CYS is complete your set.
    Some of us, myself included, have also been known to refer to it as MMLMAO because of it's habit of offering content you already own (especially worlds and venues) and usually with laughably low discounts ;)

It has never once offered me content that I have wanted or could afford at all! I do not like MMAO and I've used it a good number of times. I do not bother most days anymore. Personally I think the DD discounts are laughable this time around.
    Marvelissa wrote: »
    Yeah, I miss the old list. lol. These deals suck.

So far, I have to say I agree with you.
  • Options
    dst193dst193 Posts: 43 Member
    Wallin wrote: »
    25%?!? Eww...

Exactly. I was looking forward to buying the teen collection CYS when it hit the DD, thinking it would be a significant discount but 25%? Pfft...

• Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @spreadsheet team - doesn't look like anyone is officially clocked in, but the spreadsheet has been updated to the most recent deal. I can clock in for the next 4 - 5 hours if no one objects. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    I was really hoping for a better deal on the teen collection. My DD price for it is now exactly the same as my CYS price for the Fun For Kids Of All Ages Compilation without any discount. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yep...long post. I like to talk. :)

My 2 sp: While it is certainly not as exciting as our last list (I am with you and grieving its loss) it's not quite as bad as MMLMAO, which offered me 9% off Waxing Moon yesterday (There is a better price on the Sale page!) However, this certainly isn't a list meant to get us great deals all around. Looks to me like a "Here's what we're willing to do until the store closes," kind of list.

I think that probably the only human-planned item on this list was Amore. It was first, which helped the marketing of the list in a number of ways: It was a definite signal that the list was changing. It proved that the 30-second sell-outs were gone. It made those that got it watch the list in case more good deals were to come. It made those who missed it feel the need to watch the list carefully so they won't miss it again. Since it was first, if it only appears the one time we cannot predict when it will return until the third rotation, if there is one. So we are watching. When we are watching, we are buying. Good marketing.

As far as everything else on the list goes, I suspect it is all randomly generated by a computer program long before it is ever posted. Probably someone just created a program that would randomize everything, but within particular parameters, so that the majority of the deals are in the 40 - 60% mark and the rest fall into a bell curve. That way we'll get a few good ones to keep up interested, mostly ok ones which we are prone to buy, and a few bad ones, like the 25% on Everyday Teens, which obviously not many people are buying. It's still at 0% after an hour and 30 minutes.

I do miss the excitement of the previous lists, but I am settling into what we have now. I wish I had gotten into all of this much earlier than last February, as I would have had access to better discounts, but I also realize that if they offered everything at a huge discount right now, it would shorten the length of time they can keep the store open. They have to make enough profit (after paying the couple of people that are still keeping an eye on this store) to justify the store's existence. That's why they won't say when the store will close. It will close when it is no longer making enough money, and they don't even know for certain when that is.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I agree with you @trithone. And I think that was very well said. :) And there might be better deals still to come. Not every deal on the last list was that great. And they obviously work better when we have the whole list and can find strategies to combine the deals for the best effect. I certainly wish I had gotten the game earlier and discovered the DD list and the awesome bunch of people maintaining it earlier, but that's really on me.

I am just really missing teen clothing in my game, as I only have two eps, which didn't add much. I should probably just buy the Fun For Kids Of All Ages set, as I really need it to play.

Also I am all for EA making enough profit to keep the store open for as long as possible. I suspect the server maintenance cost might be higher than any staff cost, but that doesn't really matter. It's obviously costing something to keep the store open or even just keep the items up for redownload.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    46 ) Doris Capri Pants / 26 / 68 / 62% / 2 hrs

Next
    47 ) NordiChop / / 38 / % / 2 hrs
    48 ) Two Arm Floor Lamp / / 25 / % / hrs

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - doesn't look like anyone is officially clocked in, but the spreadsheet has been updated to the most recent deal. I can clock in for the next 4 - 5 hours if no one objects. :)

I was, but I will clock out now. I have to head to bed anyway. Have a good day :)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    And I get that MMAO has some problems, but I really like it. Some deals are pretty good and with the amount of content to discover, if you only found the store after all of it had been released, it's also a really nice way of just discovering some items. I love that it offers worlds and got all my for points worlds through using it.
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Also I am all for EA making enough profit to keep the store open for as long as possible. I suspect the server maintenance cost might be higher than any staff cost, but that doesn't really matter. It's obviously costing something to keep the store open or even just keep the items up for redownload.

Thank you, @awellenbl. That would make sense. I run and market my own business, so I know a bit about that, but not much about how IT stuff works. All I know is that there are costs involved to keep the store site open and running and, if it were my business, the month the expenses started to outweigh the profit I'd shut it down. However, I'd do everything in my power to keep it making profit as long as I could. I am certain it is no easy balancing act when it is a big company like EA.

Part of me likes to imagine EA is run by Ferengi. It makes me feel better when what they are doing doesn't satisfy their customers but is obviously profit-based.

• Options
    @awellenbl - thank you for the gift. I noticed just after I sent one to you. :) Ninja gifting!

• Options
    I don't really know that much about IT cost either. I mostly meant to add that those things would certainly also cost something to maintain. And having the items up for redownload is pretty handy, even for the people, who already purchased all the content. And I certainly agree that it is the store being profitable would be a very high incentive for them to keep it open.

And I like it being open. I actually really enjoy the deal hunting and getting new MMAO offers, new sale pages and waiting to see what the next DD will be. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top