Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A really cute Cottage/Dutch style house :)

I am really proud of this one, folks! A lot of time was put into making it. The only problem is that it only ever seems to sit right in the Bargain Bend lot. Every time I've tried to save it to my library, the game generates really awkward screenshots from crappy angles, so I just took some screenshots of my own. Anyways, here she is! I give you The Old Dutch. :)

If you'd like to download this lovely house, my Origin ID is Megadustrial_Sim.

tqsVtTt.jpg

LniMSMr.jpg

FW03FPz.jpg

7jiqfZh.jpg
Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The Old Dutch is a very nice home :) The curved roofing is very nice! The open shutter flower windows are very nice! Very nice front entranceway to the home! The texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the curved hedge fencing and used the hedge arch in the front area of the home. The side archway entrance to the back garden area is very nice! The flowers look pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the lot. Very nice flowers and tree area in the front garden. Great layout of the interior of the house. The island kitchen stove counter is great! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas in the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting and chatting there.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Oh, this is now my new favourite build. Would love to live in it.
  • Options
    BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    A very lovely build. Well done! If I ever stop building and actually play the game I'll have to snag this from the gallery.
  • Options
    Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work I really like it B)
  • Options
    WebGremlinWebGremlin Posts: 4 New Member
    Downloaded this the other day to fill up my Bargain Bend lot, it looks great! I give it the Dutch Stamp of Approval :smiley:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Awww! It looks so adorable! I love the structure and the roof! <3
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. :) I put a lot of time and effort into this build, so they mean a lot to me.

It was incredibly frustrating for me, trying to upload this lot to the community, because the game somehow only recognized the front of the house as being the side of the lot, so the screens that are on display in the gallery just don't do it justice. A lot of people will probably never download it because of that crazy awkward side-view screenshot... :(

• Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Very cute and cozy home :)
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like it. Curved roof homes are starting to become my favorite.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    @Megadustrial_Sim - this is just beautiful! I stumble through the build controls like I stumble through my pitch black apartment on a bathroom trip at 4am. (Of course, my cats like to make an obstacle course out of those trips, so...)

Definitely impressed by the incredible things the builders are coming up with.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    This is great! Downloading ASAP.
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    That is really cute! Great job on your quaint cottage. :D
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your Dutch Style Cottage build is very beautiful :) I love how you have made the exterior with the roofing, and the hedges all around giving it a very quaint and traditional feel. I also love the stone pattern that you have used on parts of the exterior, its a great home!
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    That is adorable, love it :)
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    Thanks everyone :) it really means a lot! I just wish I could have this as my real life home.

• Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    Nice! I might have to download it next time I hit the gallery! :)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Megadustrial_Sim, I've downloaded and added along with a new family. At first I thought it would better fit Oasis Springs, but I must say it looks really nice in Willow Creek. Overall I like it, has that cozy feel to it. It's even more beautiful in game and the Sims are loving it! Thanks :)

10-11-14_10-27nbspPM_zpsa43d8b20.png
    10-11-14_10-31nbspPM_zps3bc5db16.png
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    What a adorable build!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Such a cute build! I love the design and the roof! :D
  • Options
    simscouturesimscouture Posts: 35 Member
    I really like the curved roof and those little details like the flowers. Very cute.