Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blackthorn International Presents: Casa Del Horno (9/28/14) - Adobe September #3

BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
A thread to showcase my builds. The idea is to choose a style each month then build several houses for that style. Ideally I plan to make a house for each price point tier (IE: 0-10k , 10k-20k, ect..) or for each lot size. I'm unsure weather or not I will be able to hit the lowest price point but at the very least I mean to make a starter house for each style. Additionally I'll focus on the lower price points and only delve into the giraffe money houses and community lots if my time allows me to during that month. There will also be entries for the builds I enter into the BuildnShare Sims4 Challenges, and requests I take on which may or may not fall into the style of the month.

Find My Creations on the Gallery At:
OriginID: blackrosebronwen
#tag: Blackthorn

I hope to learn through this experience , and hold a tiny splinter of hope that others will find either some inspiration or enjoyment out of my builds. Thank you in advanced.

Adobe September

QbUvf8Xl.png?1
click the picture above to see album of home.

Lot Name: La Alba
Lot Location: Oasis Springs - Nookstone
Lot Size:20 x 15
Price: 18,045
Features: 1 Bed, 1 Bath, Open Floor Plan, and a Fireplace
This little adobe abode is just affordable enough that it won't break the bank, allowing a sim of any passion to have the cash to purchase the tools they need to start chasing their dreams.

Adobe September #2

jkrsw3sl.png?1

Lot Name: Adobe for Four
Lot Location: Oasis Springs - Sandtrap Flat
Lot Size: 30x20
Price: 23,602
Features: 3 Bed, 2 Bath, Combined Living/Dinning/Kitchen Area, and a Front Patio
Perfect for your family of four to start out in Comes in under the 26k mark that a four Sim family starts with with a little left over to add that personal touch for your Sims. Some lighting is not pictured due to camera fade out of certain items.

Adobe September #3

2NVHsrpl.png?1

Lot Name: Casa Del Horno
Lot Location: Oasis Springs - Slipshod Mesquite
Lot Size: 40 x 30
Price: 79,967
Features: 6 Bed, 5 Bath, Large private court yard perfect for enjoying the sunshine in or setting up an entertainment area. A delightful traditional adobe oven will provide a charming place to sit around and talk. One of the spare bedrooms has a private balcony, and the other three share a large balcony over looking the courtyard in the back. Master bed has personal bath as does the guest room on the first floor. This house is perfect for a large family, or for any Sim needing a large home.

Visual Locations of Builds
tOMjNzI.png?1
Post edited by BlackRoseBronwen on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    La Alba is a very nice Adobe style home! :) Very nice design and texture of the exterior. It looks nice how you have placed the rocks and plants on the front edges of the home. Great roof covered back patio for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat there enjoying the sunshine. It looks nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the build. Great layout of the interior of the home. The texture of the walls and the flooring pattern looks very nice. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting on the angled seats watching tv or having a chat. It looks great that you have placed the bookcase at the base of the bed. The bed pattern you have used suits the type of home. Great study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using a computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The green lamp in the corner of the home is a nice touch. The fireplace will keep the room warm. Great angled dining table area for sims to enjoy eating a meal at. The floor rug looks nice under the table. Sims will like looking out through the kitchen window at the outdoors view whilst using the kitchen sink.
    It is a great starter home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much rosemow for your feed back. Its much appreciated!
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    That's a good idea, BlackRose. Great way to keep yourself inspired and motivated as well as challenged. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Thanks, I thought it was a good idea as well for those reasons, and to slowly refine specific build styles.
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    What a cute little starter home!
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Love your adobe starter, it looks great and is well-decorated! Good luck with your goal, it will be interesting to see what else you come up with! :)
  • Options
    @22calprincess Thank you very much.
    @TheGreenLion I hope I don't disappoint you. I just need to play test a little more and snap some picture of the next build. Should be up tomorrow if nothing comes up. At the very least this month will have three installments, I sort of wish I had thought of this idea before hand.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    This is by far the cutest starter I think I have ever seen including anything I have made! You also inspired me on how I could finish the roof of my house and I gave you full credit! So, thank you. :smile:
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Adorable starter! I love the little front gardens. I'd move right in. :)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work I really like it B)
  • Options
    @pchapman You don't give yourself enough credit! I Thanked you for the shout out on your thread and I'm glad I was able to inspire! Happy building, I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts to see what else you come up with.

@KaylyRed Thank you, I almost called it adorable adobe but I felt that a name like that was a little conceited. As for the front gardens I have a love hate relationship with them. Ultimately they are practical for the arid climate a location like oasis springs would have but I know some people will find it too scarce in the landscaping department.

@Rc_shabba Thank you very much for taking the time to view it!
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    @BlackRoseBronwen - I like gardens that match the landscape/environment. I don't use desert plants in my Willow Creek builds for that reason. And I'm really weird... I actually try to put shade-tolerant plants (like hydrangeas) in the shade. :lol:
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    @KaylyRed A person after my own heart. Although I'm not that specific, mainly because I really don't know my plants all that well. Noted that hydrangeas are shade plants lol.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @BlackRoseBronwen - I always wondered how I was going to use the wooden plug decoration...I think you figured out what they're for! Great job! I like the style!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @Ash072 Thanks very much. As soon as I saw the pegs I immediately wanted to build an adobe building which I did in my first buildnshare entry, after that I just wanted to keep building them and that is how adobe September came about. I have so many ideas but I don't know if I'll have enough time to get to them all this month. I suppose I could return to this style in a month or two.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    @BlackRoseBrownwen I know what you mean about building adobe. :)
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    This is wonderful! You captured the southwestern adobe feel perfectly. I'm blown away! It's perfect for Oasis Springs.
  • Options

Second installment of this months build theme. Hope you enjoy!

Adobe September

jkrsw3sl.png?1

Lot Name: Adobe for Four
    Lot Location: Oasis Springs - Sandtrap Flat
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Price: 23,602
    Features: 3 Bed, 2 Bath, Combined Living/Dinning/Kitchen Area, and a Front Patio
    Perfect for your family of four to start out in Comes in under the 26k mark that a four Sim family starts with with a little left over to add that personal touch for your Sims. Some lighting is not pictured due to camera fade out of certain items.

• Options
    Adobe for Four is a very nice family starter home! :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks great how you have used the columns for the front porch area. The front porch looks great! . Very nice rocks and flowers feature in the front area of the build. Great layout of the interior of the home. The texture that you have used for the exterior and interior walls looks great! Nice open plan kitchen, living and dining room . Nice texture that you have used for the flooring in the kitchen and dining area, and it looks great how you have used the flooring to separate off this section. Great bath tub alcoves in the bathrooms. The wall lights either sides of the mirrors look nice.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow! I really like this home so far. I believe I've played this one out of all my homes so far the most, not that I've played all that much. Been building too much.
  • Options
    Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    Adobe for Four is a very nice home, love it. B)
  • Options

Third installment of this months build theme. This one is lightly furnished, partly to allow for customization for bedrooms, partly because I wasn't feeling like doing full on interior design, and I figured by the time your Sims can move into this home they'll have career rewards or will not require all 6 bedrooms to be bedrooms but used for other things.

Adobe September

2NVHsrpl.png?1

Lot Name: Casa Del Horno
    Lot Location: Oasis Springs - Slipshod Mesquite
    Lot Size: 40 x 30
    Price: 79,967
    Features: 6 Bed, 5 Bath, Large private court yard perfect for enjoying the sunshine in or setting up an entertainment area. A delightful traditional adobe oven will provide a charming place to sit around and talk. One of the spare bedrooms has a private balcony, and the other three share a large balcony over looking the courtyard in the back. Master bed has personal bath as does the guest room on the first floor. This house is perfect for a large family, or for any Sim needing a large home.

• Options
    Casa Del Horno is a very nice family home :) Great exterior of the house and layout of the build! The courtyard is great! It looks very nice how you have created the large outdoors adobe oven! It looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats there chatting in the sunshine. Nice trellis covered front patio area. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat there watching sims passing by their home. It looks great the type of and how you have placed the plants there. The balconies are great. The green colour of the shutter windows looks nice on the texture of the exterior, and great placement of the windows. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Nice colours of the furnishings which suit the theme of the build. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofas and armchairs, and the yellow flowers picture on the wall suits the room very well. The flowers picture is nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. It looks very nice how you have done the floor tiling patterns in the rooms through the home.They look very nice! Very nice dining room area. The large pears and leaves pictures on the wall there look great! Nice patterned flooring under the dining table. Sims will enjoy eating their meals there. Very nice design of the kitchen! Nice wall tiling, and it looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. The island curved sink counter is great! The small versions of the fruit pictures look nice kitchen touches on the wall. It is great that the house has six bedrooms for a family to enjoy living in. Nice wooden floor textures in the single bedrooms and bathroom.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much rosemow, I really enjoy the in dept feed back you always give.
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Casa del Horno turned out really nice! I like the exterior with the landscaping and courtyard.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg