Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I don't get about reviews of TS4

Comments

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Definitely fell under what I would term the more fanatical side of the pro camp.

Yeah same here. I like to think I fall under the moderate side of the pro camp.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    I felt I had to give my honest review on amazon-I couldn't bring myself to give a 1 star but settled on 2. I used a reasoned argument to why I had done so-I actually posted the opinion I'd put on their own official feedback thread as my amazon feedback. It broke my heart to do it but I wanted to warn people with my play style that weren't sure because to be honest I wish I'd waited. I gave my positives and negatives, and should EA release updates that alters things for me I will go back and alter my feedback. But for now it stands and if it helps someone else who plays the way I do I'm glad. I feel like we've paid a lot to effectively test this game for EA as it's got so many bugs and things that I'm disappointed they haven't fixed yet. It just feels like it has a lot of potential but until we hear they are committed to listening to why lots of their fans are disappointed and work on rectifying that I'm not too confident.
    I'm not a 'hater' I love that some of you are really happy-I just wish those of us who are disappointed were supported by fellow fans rather than mocked-there's obviously potential to please us all as they've managed to do that previously.

There's plenty of us who support you :) There's always going to be this sub-set of people on the internet who hide behind it's anonymity to spew dumb things at folks who aren't on their side of the fence. It affects both the negative and positive camps equally really.

Just keep your chin up, speak your piece and flip the mental bird to those who want to hate simply to troll/be immature. You don't need to give it any attention since you're better than that.

What he said, not all of us who like it, hate people who don't. It's not made for your play style, that is perfectly understandable. The game fits my play style, which is why I like it. The problem comes when the radicals of our respective camp start making things difficult for the other side, and gives their respective side a bad image.

By the way... what ever happened to Joewow? lol

Thanks. Sometimes gets a bit tiresome how some people dont seem to see things could be improved for both camps-not one over the other!

• Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Definitely fell under what I would term the more fanatical side of the pro camp.

I love everyone equally no matter the camp, except @Zolt65. I may wife that one.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    SummersBuffSummersBuff Posts: 74 Member
    Anyone claiming this game is 10/10 or 1/10 probably has little objectivity. The game isn't that great, but it isn't that awful.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Did you hear, the EA staff are busy right now and can't reply on the boards as much as before. Just kidding. I agree, Joewow was very funny and on point sometimes. Other times when he would take a complaint and try to point out how not being able to do X like you had hoped to be able to do was somehow a feature... let's just say he triggered visions of boomerang shoes being hurled hard and fast. :disagree:
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I love everyone equally no matter the camp, except @Zolt65. I may wife that one.

I could be wrong but I believe Zolt already has a wife.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Irrelevant to my plans. He'll be the little spoon in this relationship.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    It's not that bad; it's not that great, and if they'd fix the little things, I'd be perfectly happy with it. It would be really nice if EA would give us some free downloadable community lots that have a different category; or that we could make the "generic" lot *mean* something. That's my biggest gripe about this game...the lack of meaningful community lots.

And, for those of you who would like people to go away and stop criticizing the game, you should realize that the tragedy of this game *is* that it has so much potential....a potential that a lot of us hope that EA picks up on, continues to improve the gameplay, and doesn't do with this game what it's done to other games in the past...give us one half-hearted expansion pack and leave it at that. I'm fairly sure that they're working right now on churning out *some* kind of EP to keep the player base from draining away or turning to other games (there's a lot of competition out there)...we've already seen how players have reverted to the earlier versions of this series to get that ole Sims feelng of immersion back. When even those who claim to love the game can admit that there are some flaws with it, to me, that's a sure sign that EA needs to keep its Corporate hands off The Sims Team and let them invest the time and money it will take to make an excellent expansion pack. Given that the usual timeline for an expansion pack is supposed to be six months, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see one released earlier....like they did during the last part of The Sims 3.

Oh, and someone else said there are still Sims 3 forums. If there are, it's only the ones on THIS website that were imported from the other website. That OTHER website is read-only. And by the way...it didn't take EA very long to start shutting the other one down....less than 2 months before the release of The Sims 4.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    It's not that bad; it's not that great, and if they'd fix the little things, I'd be perfectly happy with it. It would be really nice if EA would give us some free downloadable community lots that have a different category; or that we could make the "generic" lot *mean* something. That's my biggest gripe about this game...the lack of meaningful community lots.

And, for those of you who would like people to go away and stop criticizing the game, you should realize that the tragedy of this game *is* that it has so much potential....a potential that a lot of us hope that EA picks up on, continues to improve the gameplay, and doesn't do with this game what it's done to other games in the past...give us one half-hearted expansion pack and leave it at that. I'm fairly sure that they're working right now on churning out *some* kind of EP to keep the player base from draining away or turning to other games (there's a lot of competition out there)...we've already seen how players have reverted to the earlier versions of this series to get that ole Sims feelng of immersion back. When even those who claim to love the game can admit that there are some flaws with it, to me, that's a sure sign that EA needs to keep its Corporate hands off The Sims Team and let them invest the time and money it will take to make an excellent expansion pack. Given that the usual timeline for an expansion pack is supposed to be six months, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see one released earlier....like they did during the last part of The Sims 3.

Oh, and someone else said there are still Sims 3 forums. If there are, it's only the ones on THIS website that were imported from the other website. That OTHER website is read-only. And by the way...it didn't take EA very long to start shutting the other one down....less than 2 months before the release of The Sims 4.

I suspect the forum thing was largely due to wanting to upgrade to newer hardware and having that prepped before a game launched likely necessitated the transition.

I know that's neither here nor there for discussion of Sims 4, but I just wanted to chime in there.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not made for your play style, that is perfectly understandable.

Its REALLY hard to take that seriously.

Game becomes an abomination of what it used to be and you call it "playstyle" shifting the blame from the game to the player.
  • Options
    @Crackseed, you may be right, but there was no reason for them to make the Sims 3 forums "read only"...other than to force everyone, even the Sims 3 players to come to the Sims 4 forums so that they could eventually get sucked into the Sims 4 and leave the Sims 3 behind. I believe that's why there's a Sims 3 "live" forum here in the first place.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    @Crackseed, you may be right, but there was no reason for them to make the Sims 3 forums "read only"...other than to force everyone, even the Sims 3 players to come to the Sims 4 forums so that they could eventually get sucked into the Sims 4 and leave the Sims 3 behind. I believe that's why there's a Sims 3 "live" forum here in the first place.

When you generally make a big switch like that, it's pretty much commonplace to shutter the older software/forums. I understand people find it jarring, but trying to maintain twice the forums is generally cost/time ineffective and so here we are now.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @crackseed: Somehow that didn't seem to bother them when they left The Sims 2 forums up long past the time they were being used. So, no, I'm not buying that. The Sims 3 forums were still active, and they would have continued to remain active. All they had to do was remove The Sims 4 section from those forums and the Sims 3 fans would have continued to support the forums for at least a little while longer.

I'm sticking with my belief that it was done to force everyone to this site so that they could be nudged to move on to The Sims 4.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    @crackseed: Somehow that didn't seem to bother them when they left The Sims 2 forums up long past the time they were being used. So, no, I'm not buying that. The Sims 3 forums were still active, and they would have continued to remain active. All they had to do was remove The Sims 4 section from those forums and the Sims 3 fans would have continued to support the forums for at least a little while longer.

I'm sticking with my belief that it was done to force everyone to this site so that they could be nudged to move on to The Sims 4.

Well, we have to look at if they changed forums up too. I cannot accurately recall if Sims 2 to Sims 3 came with a whole new forum software change-up. If it did, then I honestly can't say one way or another :)

If it was simply a re-use of the prior software spiced up with new images/options and slapped with the Sims 3 label, then it makes sense why Sims 3 to 4 may have been different.

In the end, I'm speculating as much as you are so don't take my opinions as law/fact either haha.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I'd say you're a little right. I don't see why they wouldn't want to bring you all over. It's a business scheme and part of what advertising is. On the other had, it's also more cost affective to manage only one forum.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    I really enjoy playing ts4. I played ts1 alot and same for ts2 but didn't play ts3 that much. I wouldn't go back to ts3 even if it has a lot more features at the moment.
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member

Agreed.

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

She might have something to say about that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Busy with the company meetings at EA headquarters? :trollface:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    This is why I didn't even bother to buy the game is because the fans were giving awesome feedback and suggestions and instead of taking those suggestions they were totally ignored and dismissed and it even seemed like EA went into the total opposite direction that the fans wanted it go while promising it would be everything that they wanted and more. That is why I think there is so much backlash/hatred is that everyone on the boards obviously loves the game and were so excited to see what new innovations would be done to improve the game but instead EA goes and takes the series back to a previous game all because it was being built on the foundation of a scrapped on-line version (these facts were confirmed on the other forum that now is interestingly shut down even though other previous Sims game forums were allowed to remain up and running for a few years after the release of the newer version). Also, the people who in favor of 4 were possibly picked on because it seemed to people, who get the bigger picture, that those with an opposing view were blind to the tricks EA was playing on it's customers. I'm actually thankful for the those who bought 4 because hopefully they will give EA the money and interest to create 5 which I'm really hoping will be the game I actually want and asked for. If that doesn't happen I guess I'll have to go and like another poster suggested go and make my own.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    [
    Jenzup wrote: »
    (these facts were confirmed on the other forum that now is interestingly shut down even though other previous Sims game forums were allowed to remain up and running for a few years after the release of the newer version)

Everything from the old forum was migrated over and put in the TS3 forums below the TS4 ones.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Zolt65 wrote: »

It's cool, I'll haggle with her or something.

Edit: Adjusted cause after re-reading it I felt like I might need to tase myself :\
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options

She'll just have to get with the program. I WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Yeah, that's not creepy or anything.
  • Options

Yeah, re-reading it I need to adjust that. I read it and said man, I feel like I just gained the "Insane" perk in a split second >_<
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options

Yeah, re-reading it I need to adjust that. I read it and said man, I feel like I just gained the "Insane" perk in a split second >_<

Gained?
    *rethinks posting in the If You Were a Sim thread*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top