Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I don't get about reviews of TS4

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    KramYraelo wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    @crackseed: Somehow that didn't seem to bother them when they left The Sims 2 forums up long past the time they were being used. So, no, I'm not buying that. The Sims 3 forums were still active, and they would have continued to remain active. All they had to do was remove The Sims 4 section from those forums and the Sims 3 fans would have continued to support the forums for at least a little while longer.

I'm sticking with my belief that it was done to force everyone to this site so that they could be nudged to move on to The Sims 4.

I have no doubt that is why they closed the TS3 forums.

They left the TS2 ones up much longer after TS3 release, which I personally thought was a good idea to create separation and avoid what everyone likes to term as "hate" threads to cross-over.

But it's their dime so...

Regards,

Krammy

Yeah but the TS3 forums are on this forums. The main site is thesims.com, not thesims4.com. I think if anything, they should consider reopening TS2 forums on these forums as well, so that community can make a comeback. Course I wish there was a way I could get one of my friends the sims 2 ultimate collection, she missed out on that promotion lol.

Someone posted on the forums a couple of weeks ago, they contacted Origin and asked if they could still get The Sims 2 UC, was told yes, and it was placed in thier account. So it might still be possible, if you ask.

I just shared that post you made with my friend. I really hope she can get it. Cuz that game is awesome and I just know she'd enjoy it :)
    MissLarae wrote: »
    I don't care much for reviews really. It's just someone else's opinion. The only opinion that really matters to me (gamewise) is mine :). I don't care about what others think since it's my money and my decision.

I'm the same way. I don't give stock to player reviews, much less professional ones. When it came to Sims 4, I did my own research, and asked myself the key questions and all of them came out as yes. And I have no regrets at all in buying Sims 4.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2014
    @crackseed: Somehow that didn't seem to bother them when they left The Sims 2 forums up long past the time they were being used. So, no, I'm not buying that. The Sims 3 forums were still active, and they would have continued to remain active. All they had to do was remove The Sims 4 section from those forums and the Sims 3 fans would have continued to support the forums for at least a little while longer.

I'm sticking with my belief that it was done to force everyone to this site so that they could be nudged to move on to The Sims 4.

They left the TS2 ones up much longer after TS3 release, which I personally thought was a good idea to create separation and avoid what everyone likes to term as "hate" threads to cross-over.

Regards,

Krammy

Yeah but the TS3 forums are on this forums. The main site is thesims.com, not thesims4.com. I think if anything, they should consider reopening TS2 forums on these forums as well, so that community can make a comeback. Course I wish there was a way I could get one of my friends the sims 2 ultimate collection, she missed out on that promotion lol.

Someone posted on the forums a couple of weeks ago, they contacted Origin and asked if they could still get The Sims 2 UC, was told yes, and it was placed in thier account. So it might still be possible, if you ask.

I just shared that post you made with my friend. I really hope she can get it. Cuz that game is awesome and I just know she'd enjoy it :)
    I don't care much for reviews really. It's just someone else's opinion. The only opinion that really matters to me (gamewise) is mine :). I don't care about what others think since it's my money and my decision.

I'm the same way. I don't give stock to player reviews, much less professional ones. When it came to Sims 4, I did my own research, and asked myself the key questions and all of them came out as yes. And I have no regrets at all in buying Sims 4.

I didn't even research it. I thought, those sims look awesome! And I waited until it was released and bought it. Not disappointed at all. I'm generally pretty perceptive about what I like and don't like right off the bat.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Regards,

Krammy

I didn't even research it. I thought, those sims look awesome! And I waited until it was released and bought it. Not disappointed at all. I'm generally pretty perceptive about what I like and don't like right off the bat.

Ah I see. Me, I am pretty meticulous when I look at a game being developed. I focus on what the game looks like graphically, what it has gameplay wise, etc. A lot of the lets play videos that came out of creator's camp, really helped me with my decision. What gave me the final push was the developers live streams, and seeing the finished game in action. And then, getting the create-a-sim demo, really helped with the decision, since I got to try out making sims, to see how it would perform on my machine. And usually how a demo performs on my machine, usually always says how the full game will perform on my machine. And it runs beautifully.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.

Regards,

Krammy

Ah I see. Me, I am pretty meticulous when I look at a game being developed. I focus on what the game looks like graphically, what it has gameplay wise, etc. A lot of the lets play videos that came out of creator's camp, really helped me with my decision. What gave me the final push was the developers live streams, and seeing the finished game in action. And then, getting the create-a-sim demo, really helped with the decision, since I got to try out making sims, to see how it would perform on my machine. And usually how a demo performs on my machine, usually always says how the full game will perform on my machine. And it runs beautifully.

I tried to stay out of the mainstream this time. When S3 was released, the divide among players was such a mess. This time around, I just wanted to be surprised.

Regards,

Krammy

I tried to stay out of the mainstream this time. When S3 was released, the divide among players was such a mess. This time around, I just wanted to be surprised.

I see. Well I'm happy for you :) It's a great game. I can't wait to see what they add with the first expansion but so far, I have not run out of a single thing to do yet. I especially love the events that pop up duruing my sims work or school. Like just yesterday this popped up for my sims daughter:

qOF1shg.png

I took the wait and see option and turned out it was the right choice for her lol. Though if it pops up again, I might try the first option next time, just to see what happens.

Regards,

Krammy

I see. Well I'm happy for you :) It's a great game. I can't wait to see what they add with the first expansion but so far, I have not run out of a single thing to do yet. I especially love the events that pop up duruing my sims work or school. Like just yesterday this popped up for my sims daughter:

qOF1shg.png

I took the wait and see option and turned out it was the right choice for her lol. Though if it pops up again, I might try the first option next time, just to see what happens.

Speaking of dialogues: exploring space in the rocket ship is pretty fun.

Regards,

Krammy

qOF1shg.png

I actually set up an observatory, miscroscope and rocket building pad in my sims new back yard. Once I got him settled in his tech guru job, I plan to have my father sim start working on his logic skill and building a spaceship. I've not done that stuff yet, and I'm looking forward to trying it out :D

Regards,

Krammy

qOF1shg.png

I actually set up an observatory, miscroscope and rocket building pad in my sims new back yard. Once I got him settled in his tech guru job, I plan to have my father sim start working on his logic skill and building a spaceship. I've not done that stuff yet, and I'm looking forward to trying it out :D

I love it. Of course, a couple of my sims really enjoy woohooing in it when my sim who likes to explore space is at work. If only he knew...

Regards,

Krammy

qOF1shg.png

I love it. Of course, a couple of my sims really enjoy woohooing in it when my sim who likes to explore space is at work. If only he knew...

LOL, that must be interesting :D, My sim wont be in the astronaut career, but I figure why not as a pass time hobby. He's got his handiness skill maxed out from upgrading the entire house now.
  • SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Thread moved off topic -- Closed -- Thanks for everyone's responses!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top