Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The first kitchen I am proud of!

So..
I always go a little OCD with colour schemes.. placing of objects etc.
But I finally built a kitchen/room I am proud of.

I want any suggestions and feedback on my room please :) I want it to look its best, and I know there are AMAZING builders in this community.

JGl5OuF.png
SUuudIE.png
GVrt5VU.png
CAGyZIg.gif
hello neiiigghhhhbour

Comments

• Options
    Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    that's a cool modern kitchen, could use a bit more clutter on the counters
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I <3 the color red so this gets a big thumbs up from me. Your horse siggy, I just can't help but >:)
  • Options
    MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    Thanks! And it's a creepy horse.. from TS3, aha
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your kitchen looks great! It has a very sleek and modern style and the black and red really go well together to give it a very stylish vibe, its very good :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited September 2014
    The kitchen looks very nice! :) Very nice design and furnishing of it! The red, black and grey colour scheme of it looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and counters. The island bar stool counter is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting eating on the stools at the counter there. Very nice eat in dining area. Nice type of dining seats you have used which look very nice with the rest of the kitchen. The plant on the dining table is nice for sims to see when dining there. The fruit bowl on the kitchen counter looks nice. The pictures on the dining area wall look great and add to the nice look of the room. The red lamp in the corner of the room looks very nice there. The wooden flooring in the dining area looks nice.
    It is a very nice kitchen room! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The kitchen looks very nice! :) Very nice design and furnishing of it! The red, black and grey colour scheme of it looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and counters. The island bar stool counter is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting eating on the stools at the counter there. Very nice eat in dining area. Nice type of dining seats you have used which look very nice with the rest of the kitchen. The plant on the dining table is nice for sims to see when dining there. The fruit bowl on the kitchen counter looks nice. The pictures on the dining area wall look great and add to the nice look of the room. The red lamp in the corner of the room looks very nice there. The wooden flooring in the dining area looks nice.
    It is a very nice kitchen room! :)

Thank you! That is such a great review of my room! Thanks for putting the faith in it! Haha
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    That's an awesome, roomy kitchen.

I'm definitely not an expert builder/interior designer - but for me, I'd like things slightly cozier.
    But then again - I LOVE lots of elbow space in kitchens!

Are you also designing other rooms?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @MollyG1997 I like your modern kitchen very much!!! There is just one thing you can improve if one of your Sims is in the painter profession: If you promote, you earn the possibility to buy a golden "paintings lamp" to illuminate your artworks. It is 1000x more elegant than the neon lamps above your paintings. Give it a try :) !
  • Options
    nmg0205nmg0205 Posts: 2 New Member
    LOVE this kitchen. I'm a huge fan of red myself. Also, am I the only one severely mourning the loss of dishwashers?!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Nice work! Your horse freaks me out. 0.0
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @MollyG1997 I like your modern kitchen very much!!! There is just one thing you can improve if one of your Sims is in the painter profession: If you promote, you earn the possibility to buy a golden "paintings lamp" to illuminate your artworks. It is 1000x more elegant than the neon lamps above your paintings. Give it a try :) !

Ah, I see! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip!
    That's an awesome, roomy kitchen.

I'm definitely not an expert builder/interior designer - but for me, I'd like things slightly cozier.
    But then again - I LOVE lots of elbow space in kitchens!

Are you also designing other rooms?

Hey there Guru! Thank you! Yeah, I did designed a few, when the game first came out, I'm not too keen on them though.

A bedroom I designed.
    12268_780341702028866_5898661347505327263_n_zps5b22e639.jpg

This was like, a living room, open plan into a dining area. I don't understand why the sofa has green on it though o.O
    10600408_779112948818408_1268807458909550849_n_zpsa0cc135f.jpg

A kitchen I did, I'm not too keen on this, aha.
    10690062_779112925485077_6283486107648856843_n_zps073f9480.jpg

nmg0205 wrote: »
    LOVE this kitchen. I'm a huge fan of red myself. Also, am I the only one severely mourning the loss of dishwashers?!

Yes! I am, but I guess I don't mind too much. Just takes a little extra time when turning your Sims away from the bathroom. Despite the glaringly obvious KITCHEN sink, they seem to want to wash up the plates, etc, in the bathroom sink. Haha!
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your bedroom, living/dining room and kitchen rooms look very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the floor rugs in the bedroom! The picture on the bedhead wall looks very nice with the colour of the bed. Great window study desk alcove in the room.
    The open plan living and dining room area looks very nice! It looks a very nice light filled room for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa or enjoying eating a meal at the dining table with the sunshine coming in onto them. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when sitting there.
    The black and grey colour scheme of the kitchen looks very nice. Very nice curved bar stool counter. The kitchen wall texture looks great.
    They are great rooms! :)
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Gorgeous work...I love, love, love the red. You did a fantastic job :)
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Very modern and cool. Nice pick of colors in those kitchens. GJ:)
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    that bedroom is killer! I love it! Great use of multiple carpets. I'm not sure everyone has found out that you can layer the carpets on top of one another (you just have to do it in the right order to make the design!). Also, I like your eye when it comes to dropping a bit of color here and there. The red flowers on the table of an otherwise dark room is a great touch.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    I really like the bedroom, neat idea the way you layered the carpets.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I love them all, very nice and decorative great work :smile:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    > @RedDestiny92 said:
    > I love them all, very nice and decorative great work :smile:
    Thank you!
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    You're welcome
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    skull_ookieskull_ookie Posts: 62 Member
    Love the layout and color scheme. Very posh, great job!

Riddles and Rabbit Holes: A Sim 4 Legacy Blog ~ riddlesandrabbitholes.wordpress.com
  • Options
    > @skull_ookie said:
    > Love the layout and color scheme. Very posh, great job!

Thank you! I tried to base my ideas around real kitchens, but I gave up on the idea when I couldn't make it look right, so I just went with what looked best and not what my brain was telling me.. FYI - ( I get a little OCD ) aha!
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    I too like red in a kitchen. Good job!
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    > @pchapman said:
    > I too like red in a kitchen. Good job!

Thanks! :D
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Love your color and design sensibility!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed