Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i decided to see what the fuss was all about, wasted my time at this game.

Comments

• Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Nickyz wrote: »
    HattyLou wrote: »
    Bold. Enjoy the washed out sims 3 though!

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

Enjoy your crimped game which you overpaid for.

The Sims 4 was worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe you should go back to TS3 forums...

Maybe if you like throwing money away, sure. Thank goodness i didnt cave in and shell out the money for the game to test out. Would have been horrendous and could have been used for better games that make better sequels and don't actually remove content from the previous games, such as Fifa 15 or GTA V.

No, you cannot say that just because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

I see it like this with all due respect, he can go play GTA and run pedestrians over all day long and I'll sip on some tea and watch my Sims control themselves in their 3d beautiful world.

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww
    GTA 3 shoot this gas station wow *bang boom*
    GTA Vice city? Everything is pinker! Okay I do love that Ray Liotta voiced the main dude and that may have saved the game.
    GTA blah get fatter! Do some illegal activities and some more shooting whilst running over pedestrians!
    GTA the Russian version? Not sure but again gotta shoot em all! GTA!

And the new GTA terminator; I'll be back!

Yeah, a world where babies morph into children, and a world without pools or driveable cars. Beautiful, aint it?

And GTA world is SO vibrant, teaching us to beat on women (not cool), running peeps over, blowing things up, shooting the cops and army men, whilst doing illegal drugs. Because that's so realistic. Look folks the screen goes red on the new GTA! Oh wait that's just blood from this here pedestrian that I just ran over with this same pixel car from the other GTA's! This game is so advanced to where now the pedestrians can talk, walk, and not appear as cardboard cutouts. Man wow! I can't wait to blow more things up in the next installment; GTA terminator ; I'll be back

Well, it is a portrayal of the Mafia, IRL, and it does happen. At least i can actually commander the car and do what i wish with it in GTA and TS3, instead of looking at pixelated cars drive by in TS4!
    At least ts4 can be patched , fixed, and improved with EPs and Sp's whereas GTA well let's just say they'd have to just make a whole other GTA more shootin, hootin, and scootin! Lol
  • Options
    NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

The Sims 4 was worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe you should go back to TS3 forums...

Maybe if you like throwing money away, sure. Thank goodness i didnt cave in and shell out the money for the game to test out. Would have been horrendous and could have been used for better games that make better sequels and don't actually remove content from the previous games, such as Fifa 15 or GTA V.

No, you cannot say that just because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

I see it like this with all due respect, he can go play GTA and run pedestrians over all day long and I'll sip on some tea and watch my Sims control themselves in their 3d beautiful world.

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww
    GTA Vice city? Everything is pinker! Okay I do love that Ray Liotta voiced the main dude and that may have saved the game.
    GTA blah get fatter! Do some illegal activities and some more shooting whilst running over pedestrians!

Yeah, a world where babies morph into children, and a world without pools or driveable cars. Beautiful, aint it?

And GTA world is SO vibrant, teaching us to beat on women (not cool), running peeps over, blowing things up, shooting the cops and army men, whilst doing illegal drugs. Because that's so realistic. Look folks the screen goes red on the new GTA! Oh wait that's just blood from this here pedestrian that I just ran over with this same pixel car from the other GTA's! This game is so advanced to where now the pedestrians can talk, walk, and not appear as cardboard cutouts. Man wow! I can't wait to blow more things up in the next installment; GTA terminator ; I'll be back

Well, it is a portrayal of the Mafia, IRL, and it does happen. At least i can actually commander the car and do what i wish with it in GTA and TS3, instead of looking at pixelated cars drive by in TS4!
    At least ts4 can be patched , fixed, and improved with EPs and Sp's whereas GTA well let's just say they'd have to just make a whole other GTA more shootin, hootin, and scootin! Lol
    Yes, if you can call removing features fixing. ;)
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    You coming here trying to make us feel bad about playing a game we enjoy is really silly.

I don't care for the open world, toddlers, or pools.

I do, however, enjoy emotions, multi-tasking and having sims who aren't pudding faces^^
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    To each their own. I already prefer TS4 to TS3.
  • Options
    RagingFurballRagingFurball Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2014
    Heck, I remember paying 60-70 bucks for brand new games that would barely have over twenty hours of gameplay, back in the late 90's. I played the heck out of the first Sims, skipped the 2nd due to mmo addiction, and avoided the 3rd like the plague because of Katy Perry. Now I've decided to give the new one a try and couldn't be happier.

I love the character design and graphical design. I like the fact that the more you play your sims, and other households, the more eccentric they get. Holly Vinedale came over the other day, kicked over my trash can, stomped in the trash, then left. Odd, but freaking awesome. I'm gonna laugh about that for years. This is not a game you play for an hour then make review. I'm 90 hours in and my main household is still surprising me.

Also, if you think this has bugs, thr original release of Ultima IX DELETED WINDOWS. All of it. Root folder, MBR, your encrypted pr0n folder; finito. I reckon i can deal musical dinner chairs and lack of writer's block.
    My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
    Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    It's really sad and pathetic that one can't say anything negative about this game without so many people jumping their plum! EA needs to know what we DO like and what we DON'T like about the game.

For me, personally, I prefer Sims 3 and, yes, I do own Sims 4 and have been playing it for two weeks and still don't like it! I am waiting for a couple of EPs to see if it gets better but the loading screens will always be a PITA and they will only get worse as the game grows.

I, also, have a Sims 3 game that runs smoothly and I have never encountered alot of the problems that others had.

I'd have more sympathy if further down it didn't basically became a "People were being mean to me so I figured I'd be mean back" reasoning.

I dislike some of the combative back and forth in both camps but trying to raise "I'm being attacked!" as a pity flag when you threw punches and claimed it was to dish out the same medicine, both sides are equally as guilty of making this forum a less enjoyable place.

If someone is so shallow/pendantic as to come flying at me with base insults because of my opinion, I either 1) ignore them 2) have a chuckle and DIPLOMATICALLY find a way to break down their argument without resorting to pointless name calling and insults.

y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww

It just came out though LOL..

GTA has had its chance and again GTA 5k is the same garbage as GTA. GTA has made no strides to advance other than better graphics and adding a bicycle to the mix of cars, and motorcycles. OK I guess the game is good for those with issues ~ hey look a random pedestrians I think I'll run them over with this new bike they added ! *tries to run pedestrian over with bike, but falls over and gets fist pounded by the pedestrian instead* phew that was a great game! Anyone else wanna play too? *crickets and tumbleweed blowing through*
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @dark5id3 wrote: »
    It's really sad and pathetic that one can't say anything negative about this game without so many people jumping their plum! EA needs to know what we DO like and what we DON'T like about the game.

For me, personally, I prefer Sims 3 and, yes, I do own Sims 4 and have been playing it for two weeks and still don't like it! I am waiting for a couple of EPs to see if it gets better but the loading screens will always be a PITA and they will only get worse as the game grows.

I, also, have a Sims 3 game that runs smoothly and I have never encountered alot of the problems that others had.

If people are coming here specifically to express their concerns to EA, the forum section for that is the "Ideas and Feedback" section. You know, because expressing your concerns to EA is... Feedback.

If they post in the General Discussion section, THIS section, they are asking for other Simmers to discuss what they bring up...you know, because discussing is .... discussion. Having people actively disagree with them is an expected part of a discussion.

I acknowledge that the Feedback section is so far down the Forum list that some people probably don't realize it is there, but that doesn't change the fact that if you walk into law office, even if you took a wrong turn getting there, you shouldn't be upset when people there act like lawyers and calling it "sad and pathetic" that the lawyers are there is a little silly...

It's one thing to disagree and discuss; but the nastiness is totally uncalled for! And your lawyer analogy is a little silly because I'm sure the lawyers would let you know that you're in the wrong place without being insulting.

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww

It just came out though LOL..

TS4 has had its chance and again TS4 is garbage. TS4 has made no strides to advance other than better graphics and adding emotions to CAST and closed words. OK I guess the game is good for those with issues ~ hey look , a baby growing up, *morphs into children* phew that was a great game! Anyone else wanna play too? *crickets and tumbleweed blowing through*

You sure you ain't describing TS4 in detail? LOL.

westlife5.gif
  • Options
    You coming here trying to make us feel bad about playing a game we enjoy is really silly.

I do, however, enjoy emotions, multi-tasking and having sims who aren't pudding faces^^

No, im coming here with feedback that some parts of the gamers feel that are missing in the game like the open world, toddlers and pools. and voicing out our concerns about it.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member

No, im coming here with feedback that some parts of the gamers feel that are missing in the game like the open world, toddlers and pools. and voicing out our concerns about it.
    I agree with letting EA know when there's problems with the game. But the way you respond makes you look like you're a trouble maker.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options

I agree with letting EA know when there's problems with the game. But the way you respond makes you look like you're a trouble maker.

Well wouldn't have happened if the EA ILY kids started coming in with guns blazing.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options

And I for one appreciate reading your feedback even as someone who really likes what TS4 is. However, as someone who values the core of your message but dislikes how you've fallen into a "I'll be spiteful cause you were first" rhythm in a few posts, I'd like to encourage you to stick to your guns w/o necessarily having to FIRE them back at people.

If someone is really grinding your gears and being a total plum to you, click their name, /ignore em and carry on. Your opinion is worth more than having it mired in petty internet mudslinging :)

If they can't be mature enough to reason with you politely/for the sake of discussion, why should you give them a second thought?
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

Yes, you can enjoy the errors that'll eventually corrupt your entire savegame rendering it completely unplayable.

TS3 runs beautifully on my system, thank you ;).

It's only a matter of time, the error which corrupts the world is due to the way the game handles sims being generated or removed from the world... Eventually no matter how much you mod it or how well it runs, it'll eventually fall apart and corrupt your save.
    raw
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

And I for one appreciate reading your feedback even as someone who really likes what TS4 is. However, as someone who values the core of your message but dislikes how you've fallen into a "I'll be spiteful cause you were first" rhythm in a few posts, I'd like to encourage you to stick to your guns w/o necessarily having to FIRE them back at people.

If someone is really grinding your gears and being a total plum to you, click their name, /ignore em and carry on. Your opinion is worth more than having it mired in petty internet mudslinging :)

If they can't be mature enough to reason with you politely/for the sake of discussion, why should you give them a second thought?

Well, okay then, i guess. Shan't lower myself to thier level.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @dark5id3 wrote: »
    It's one thing to disagree and discuss; but the nastiness is totally uncalled for!

I totally agree, but as @Crackseed already put so eloquently, both sides of the "pro", "anti" TS4 camps have members who engage in nastiness and neither side is in a position to say "but..but....THEY started it!" . . . not to mention that doing so is not exactly an effective debate strategy.

Mostly though, the discussions are civil. I ignore anyone who gets downright personal and nasty and so far I have only one person on my ignore list. Some of the issue seems to me to be that some people take general disagreement way too personally.

Using an example of someone on the opposite side of opinion as myself, @JohnConnor pretty much has the complete antithesis view as mine, but I respect that he always keeps it to being about the topic, and not personal. I've seen quite a few people with my opinions take some of his posts VERY personally though, just because he is so blunt. Those with negative views are just as guilty of doing the same as well.

It's the internet, just because someone disagrees with you and states that disagreement bluntly does not mean they are being nasty or vile. They are just not mincing words.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member

I have no problem at all with reviews, negative or otherwise but it's when the reviewer starts on those that actually enjoy the game that I have a problem with, like the OPs quote 'Enjoy your crimped game which you overpaid for.'

That's when it starts getting nasty and that's when they get attacked because they start attacking those that enjoy the game.

I also reiterate the poster that states this is a discussion board for discussion and there is a separate feedback forum...
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    NickyZ, those people saying you have to play the game before you can judge ignore all the official facts that are well known for a long time. You described exactly those things many of us complain about. I haven't played the game yet and I refuse to waste my money on that. So thank you for confirming the official facts. No need to play TS4 and see the crap with my own eyes. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options

Yes, you can enjoy the errors that'll eventually corrupt your entire savegame rendering it completely unplayable.

TS3 runs beautifully on my system, thank you ;).

It's only a matter of time, the error which corrupts the world is due to the way the game handles sims being generated or removed from the world... Eventually no matter how much you mod it or how well it runs, it'll eventually fall apart and corrupt your save.

i've been playing it for 5 years without any issues, with or without Twallan's in some cases. Sure it may have lagged abit but that's down to the accumulation of CCs in my folders.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options

I have no problem at all with reviews, negative or otherwise but it's when the reviewer starts on those that actually enjoy the game that I have a problem with, like the OPs quote 'Enjoy your crimped game which you overpaid for.'

That's when it starts getting nasty and that's when they get attacked because they start attacking those that enjoy the game.

I also reiterate the poster that states this is a discussion board for discussion and there is a separate feedback forum...

Tbf, it started with the poster dissing on TS3.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    NickyZ, those people saying you have to play the game before you can judge ignore all the official facts that are well known for a long time. You described exactly those things many of us complain about. I haven't played the game yet and I refuse to waste my money on that. So thank you for confirming the official facts. No need to play TS4 and see the crap with my own eyes. :)

No problem. I guess i won't be playing TS4, well, i might be giving it a chance if they address some of the concerns. But as it stands, TS3 feels more a sequel with the CCs than TS4 tbh.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

Well, okay then, i guess. Shan't lower myself to thier level.

At the end of the day, it's your call - didn't mean to be all preachy on you, just feel your insight shouldn't matter less because it gets degraded whether by you or someone else you know?

Still, thank you all the same for posting your thoughts - I hope future changes/improvements may be more to your liking. For now, enjoy Sims 3!
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    All I see here is a bunch of complaining, which is utterly pointless.
    No it's not pointless at all! I know people like you would appreciate it if the mods would delete all complaints immediately and even ban people who complain. Sou you'd get a place where everything is oh so shiny and you could claim that everybody just adores Sims4. The reality, however, looks different whether you like it or not.
    Thank you @NickyZ for this thread. :)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    willow_geekwillow_geek Posts: 12 New Member
    As other people have said; half of the things that people are complaining about being missing from the sims 4 base game were also not present in the sims 3 base game. The Sims 3 is buggy, laggy, and unplayable without mods. Point blank. They never fixed it. The patches just added in new content which added to the huge mess of bugs.

I've played The Sims 4 for nearly 150 hours since its release (yes, no lifer until I start my job tomorrow) and it's only crashed on me ONCE. I'm lucky to play the Sims 3 for half an hour without a crash.

You can't compare a game that's been out for 13 days to a game that's been out for five years. Of course The Sims 3 is going to have more content, it has ten freaking expansion packs.