Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i decided to see what the fuss was all about, wasted my time at this game.

NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member
So i decided to see what the fuss was about, seeing as people from the old forum asked me to hold my judgement until i had tried the whole game.

By coincidence, one of my cousins had the game and so i asked to borrow it while at her place.

Loading screens are meh, awful. One of my first peeves and dealbreakers after the open world that was TS3. Its like progress, one step forwards from TS2, and then two steps back in TS4. Got on my nerves after a while if i have to encounter a bloody loading screen while going to the gym, or a neighbour's place, even. TS3 was fine, almost perfect for me, ran beautifully on my com even with all exp packs and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ton of CC in my mods folder. All i had to do was wait for 2-3 minutes, then bam, whole world loaded. No stuttering, even at ultra quality. Even TS3 base game felt more tantalising and easy to get into than the base game of TS4, which was boring to say the least, for those who are complaining about unfair comparison.

Graphics are meh, for a 2014 game. Ultra +uncompressed is okay, a noticeable step up from TS3's pudding faces, but not enough detail overall compared to games that are coming out, or have been released already. Buildings are also better in terms of rendering quality, but the taking out of features like elevation was another dealbreaker for me, seeing as how i rely on CAS to style and build. It felt really foreign and forced to even try my hand at building in TS4 than in TS3, where i could get every nitty gritty detail down to the last window or column straight thanks to the colour wheel.

Toddlers gone also put a crimp in the game. The first time i saw the baby to child transition was the last time i ever bothered to look at the TS4. Hell, TS2 even had toddlers, ffs. Where do babies suddenly morph into 9 year olds? TS4 is a downgrade, as i feared before the game was released.

That was the final nail in the straw for me and i returned the game to my cousin.

Well, if the devs probably patch in toddlers, CAS, and remove the loading screen, i might be tempted to play the sequel to TS3, but for now, adios, while i enjoy TS3 and its noncommittal lack of features, even if i have to deal with pudding faces.
westlife5.gif

Comments

• Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Bold. Enjoy the washed out sims 3 though!
  • Options
    HattyLou wrote: »
    Nickyz wrote: »

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

Enjoy your crimped game which you overpaid for.

The Sims 4 was worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe you should go back to TS3 forums...

Maybe if you like throwing money away, sure. Thank goodness i didnt cave in and shell out the money for the game to test out. Would have been horrendous and could have been used for better games that make better sequels and don't actually remove content from the previous games, such as Fifa 15 or GTA V.

westlife5.gif
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

Yes, you can enjoy the errors that'll eventually corrupt your entire savegame rendering it completely unplayable.

*shudder* I remember that >_< I actually can still find my original post on the S3 forums about it too. I swear I freaked so hard over that - I was able to recover it eventually but it was not a fun experience.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Sorry but... *childish trait on*
    BOOHOO. YOU BORROWED THE GAME AND WASTED PROBABLY HALF AN HOUR ON IT. The world isn't ending. Go play The Sims 3. I don't care.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options

The Sims 4 was worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe you should go back to TS3 forums...

Maybe if you like throwing money away, sure. Thank goodness i didnt cave in and shell out the money for the game to test out. Would have been horrendous and could have been used for better games that make better sequels and don't actually remove content from the previous games, such as Fifa 15 or GTA V.

No, you cannot say that because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

Well, tell that to the stop hating on TS4 community that tells us to shut up. I'm just giving them a dose of thier own medicine.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member

No, you cannot say that because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

Well, tell that to the stop hating on TS4 community that tells us to shut up. I'm just giving them a dose of thier own medicine.

No idea what you're talking about. I'm glad you enjoy TS3, happy Simming with that and I'll have happy Simming with TS4.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member

No, you cannot say that just because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

I see it like this with all due respect, he can go play GTA and run pedestrians over all day long and I'll sip on some tea and watch my Sims control themselves in their 3d beautiful world.

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww
    GTA 3 shoot this gas station wow *bang boom*
    GTA Vice city? Everything is pinker! Okay I do love that Ray Liotta voiced the main dude and that may have saved the game.
    GTA blah get fatter! Do some illegal activities and some more shooting whilst running over pedestrians!
    GTA the Russian version? Not sure but again gotta shoot em all! GTA!

And the new GTA terminator; I'll be back!
  • Options

No, you cannot say that just because I bought it and LOVED it that I was throwing money away. It was to me a great investment and to me it's a fantastic game. To me, Fifa 15 would have been 'throwing money away' because I do not enjoy that game but I would NEVER say it because it's my personal opinion, you don't like TS4, that's fine but don't be nasty or diss others just because they do like it.

I see it like this with all due respect, he can go play GTA and run pedestrians over all day long and I'll sip on some tea and watch my Sims control themselves in their 3d beautiful world.

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww
    GTA Vice city? Everything is pinker! Okay I do love that Ray Liotta voiced the main dude and that may have saved the game.
    GTA blah get fatter! Do some illegal activities and some more shooting whilst running over pedestrians!

Yeah, a world where babies morph into children, and a world without pools or driveable cars. Beautiful, aint it?
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    MolevalenceMolevalence Posts: 2 New Member
    I can understand why people were upset when Sims 4 came out especially after the Sims 3 had so much content given to it over the years but its a double edge sword. Many people want everything for nothing. I myself can understand the limitations of the Sims 4 when it came out and the only 2 things I was disappointed in was no toddlers and no pools. Even the other Sims games they were in the default launch. Other than that more will come as time goes by. I for one welcome it and will gladly pay for something that will bring entertainment to my gaming experience. Some of you may think I am too forgiving but I grew up with very little in my life and learned the value of appreciating what little I have had in life. In my opinion this generation of gamers should really stop whining and complaining and start appreciating what is given to them.

This game at the moment is a lump of coal. Given time like most Sims games it will turn into a diamond. People just need to learn to be patient.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww

Yeah, a world where babies morph into children, and a world without pools or driveable cars. Beautiful, aint it?

And GTA world is SO vibrant, teaching us to beat on women (not cool), running peeps over, blowing things up, shooting the cops and army men, whilst doing illegal drugs. Because that's so realistic. Look folks the screen goes red on the new GTA! Oh wait that's just blood from this here pedestrian that I just ran over with this same pixel car from the other GTA's! This game is so advanced to where now the pedestrians can talk, walk, and not appear as cardboard cutouts. Man wow! I can't wait to blow more things up in the next installment; GTA terminator ; I'll be back

PS. Unfortunately if GTA did have "toddlers" they too would fall prey to the main characters ruthless attitude.
  • Options
    I can understand why people were upset when Sims 4 came out especially after the Sims 3 had so much content given to it over the years but its a double edge sword. Many people want everything for nothing. I myself can understand the limitations of the Sims 4 when it came out and the only 2 things I was disappointed in was no toddlers and no pools. Even the other Sims games they were in the default launch. Other than that more will come as time goes by. I for one welcome it and will gladly pay for something that will bring entertainment to my gaming experience. Some of you may think I am too forgiving but I grew up with very little in my life and learned the value of appreciating what little I have had in life. In my opinion this generation of gamers should really stop whining and complaining and start appreciating what is given to them.<br />
    <br />
    This game at the moment is a lump of coal. Given time like most Sims games it will turn into a diamond. People just need to learn to be patient.

Well,its not like they're giving us the game foc to play, so the appreciation part is not really needed. in this case when we pay a staggering load of money for a "game", it shouldn't come across as a very limited with no features. If that's the case, sorry, no sale, EA.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options

GTA 1 shoot everyone!
    GTA 2 eww

And GTA world is SO vibrant, teaching us to beat on women (not cool), running peeps over, blowing things up, shooting the cops and army men, whilst doing illegal drugs. Because that's so realistic. Look folks the screen goes red on the new GTA! Oh wait that's just blood from this here pedestrian that I just ran over with this same pixel car from the other GTA's! This game is so advanced to where now the pedestrians can talk, walk, and not appear as cardboard cutouts. Man wow! I can't wait to blow more things up in the next installment; GTA terminator ; I'll be back

Well, it is a portrayal of the Mafia, IRL, and it does happen. At least i can actually commander the car and do what i wish with it in GTA and TS3, instead of looking at pixelated cars drive by in TS4!
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    It's really sad and pathetic that one can't say anything negative about this game without so many people jumping their plum! EA needs to know what we DO like and what we DON'T like about the game.

For me, personally, I prefer Sims 3 and, yes, I do own Sims 4 and have been playing it for two weeks and still don't like it! I am waiting for a couple of EPs to see if it gets better but the loading screens will always be a PITA and they will only get worse as the game grows.

I, also, have a Sims 3 game that runs smoothly and I have never encountered alot of the problems that others had.

This. It's like they practise the see no evil hear no evil mantra. If EA doesn't know what we want. they'll just take it as it is and rehash or even remove, in the case of TS4.
    westlife5.gif