Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i decided to see what the fuss was all about, wasted my time at this game.

Comments

• Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    okay what is up with all the flags in this thread?
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Nickyz wrote: »
    You coming here trying to make us feel bad about playing a game we enjoy is really silly.

I don't care for the open world, toddlers, or pools.

I do, however, enjoy emotions, multi-tasking and having sims who aren't pudding faces^^

No, im coming here with feedback that some parts of the gamers feel that are missing in the game like the open world, toddlers and pools. and voicing out our concerns about it.

And I for one appreciate reading your feedback even as someone who really likes what TS4 is. However, as someone who values the core of your message but dislikes how you've fallen into a "I'll be spiteful cause you were first" rhythm in a few posts, I'd like to encourage you to stick to your guns w/o necessarily having to FIRE them back at people.

If someone is really grinding your gears and being a total plum to you, click their name, /ignore em and carry on. Your opinion is worth more than having it mired in petty internet mudslinging :)

If they can't be mature enough to reason with you politely/for the sake of discussion, why should you give them a second thought?

Well, okay then, i guess. Shan't lower myself to thier level.

At the end of the day, it's your call - didn't mean to be all preachy on you, just feel your insight shouldn't matter less because it gets degraded whether by you or someone else you know?

Still, thank you all the same for posting your thoughts - I hope future changes/improvements may be more to your liking. For now, enjoy Sims 3!

Thank you.

Well, to be honest, TS3 open world+Toddlers+children+cars+pools remade into TS4 graphics with the emotions system would have been the perfect sequel.

westlife5.gif
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    You coming here trying to make us feel bad about playing a game we enjoy is really silly.

I do, however, enjoy emotions, multi-tasking and having sims who aren't pudding faces^^

No, im coming here with feedback that some parts of the gamers feel that are missing in the game like the open world, toddlers and pools. and voicing out our concerns about it.

And I for one appreciate reading your feedback even as someone who really likes what TS4 is. However, as someone who values the core of your message but dislikes how you've fallen into a "I'll be spiteful cause you were first" rhythm in a few posts, I'd like to encourage you to stick to your guns w/o necessarily having to FIRE them back at people.

If someone is really grinding your gears and being a total plum to you, click their name, /ignore em and carry on. Your opinion is worth more than having it mired in petty internet mudslinging :)

If they can't be mature enough to reason with you politely/for the sake of discussion, why should you give them a second thought?

At the end of the day, it's your call - didn't mean to be all preachy on you, just feel your insight shouldn't matter less because it gets degraded whether by you or someone else you know?

Still, thank you all the same for posting your thoughts - I hope future changes/improvements may be more to your liking. For now, enjoy Sims 3!

Thank you.

Well, to be honest, TS3 open world+Toddlers+children+cars+pools remade into TS4 graphics with the emotions system would have been the perfect sequel.

If they could have gotten the time and stamped out all the problems that arose from an open world setting while keeping the other core games strengths, man. DAT MENTAL IMAGERY.

I feel like I need a moment alone imagining the ultimate Sims world. *fans self*
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    As other people have said; half of the things that people are complaining about being missing from the sims 4 base game were also not present in the sims 3 base game. The Sims 3 is buggy, laggy, and unplayable without mods. Point blank. They never fixed it. The patches just added in new content which added to the huge mess of bugs.<br />
    <br />
    I've played The Sims 4 for nearly 150 hours since its release (yes, no lifer until I start my job tomorrow) and it's only crashed on me ONCE. I'm lucky to play the Sims 3 for half an hour without a crash.<br />
    <br />
    You can't compare a game that's been out for 13 days to a game that's been out for five years. Of course The Sims 3 is going to have more content, it has ten freaking expansion packs.

I did compare TS3 base game to TS4, to be fair and impartial. Everything just seemed wow back then, with the open world, cast all running smooth on my system back then. No lags, stutters, and the mods just enhanced it.

TS4 base has less content than TS3 base, emotions and some tweaks to accommodate that. Everything like the open world has been removed. Doesn't take much to say uh, boring?
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    As other people have said; half of the things that people are complaining about being missing from the sims 4 base game were also not present in the sims 3 base game. The Sims 3 is buggy, laggy, and unplayable without mods. Point blank. They never fixed it. The patches just added in new content which added to the huge mess of bugs.<br />
    <br />
    I've played The Sims 4 for nearly 150 hours since its release (yes, no lifer until I start my job tomorrow) and it's only crashed on me ONCE. I'm lucky to play the Sims 3 for half an hour without a crash.<br />
    <br />
    You can't compare a game that's been out for 13 days to a game that's been out for five years. Of course The Sims 3 is going to have more content, it has ten freaking expansion packs.

I disagree with this. The things that are being complained about the most (open world, CASt, pools, toddlers) were in the sims 3 basegame. I am sorry that your game was unplayable but that is not the case for many of us. In the five years that I have played sims 3, I can count the problems I've had on one hand and they were all fixable.

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options

Thank you.

If they could have gotten the time and stamped out all the problems that arose from an open world setting while keeping the other core games strengths, man. DAT MENTAL IMAGERY.

I feel like I need a moment alone imagining the ultimate Sims world. *fans self*

Well, too bad they had to go with Olympus. Maybe TS5?

One thing i know for sure is that i'll probably have to SLI or even tri SLI GTX 880s for that game with mods factored in. My GTX 780 won't cut it rendering all that awesomeness. :|
    westlife5.gif
  • Options

Thank you.

One thing i know for sure is that i'll probably have to SLI or even tri SLI GTX 880s for that game with mods factored in. My GTX 780 won't cut it rendering all that awesomeness. :|

My understanding is that Olympus was scrapped and significant changes were made to the point the engine was either overhauled completely or very close to it as Sims 4 began to emerge.

While I heavily doubt open world will ever return in this cycle, things like removing certain load screens (going across the street 🐸🐸🐸🐸!) and expanding each world/the lots while maintaining the strengths (better performance, etc) ARE doable.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options

Thank you.

My understanding is that Olympus was scrapped and significant changes were made to the point the engine was either overhauled completely or very close to it as Sims 4 began to emerge.

While I heavily doubt open world will ever return in this cycle, things like removing certain load screens (going across the street 🐸🐸🐸🐸!) and expanding each world/the lots while maintaining the strengths (better performance, etc) ARE doable.

It was supposed to be an online game, a la simcity, hence the Olympus engine?

It would be doable, yes, but that would mean backtracking on thier statements on loading screens.

I would rather one long loading screen like in TS3, than spend half the game loading screens than actually playing it.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Thank you.

Yep but overhauled too late. My guess is it was overhauled as soon as the Simcity crisis hit.
  • Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Bold. Enjoy the washed out sims 3 though!

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

Enjoy your crimped game which you overpaid for.

I already wanna hit ya.
  • Options

Thank you.

It would be doable, yes, but that would mean backtracking on thier statements on loading screens.

I would rather one long loading screen like in TS3, than spend half the game loading screens than actually playing it.

I'd rather see them backtrack and be like "You know what, we figured out a way to do it w/o sacrificing engine stability" then "Nope, sorry, crap out of luck. Bob's your uncle and all that eh wot.."

Being able to say "We screwed up but figured a cool workaround to give you back what you've wanting" goes SO much farther than "Yeah sorry, you're all plum outta luck" and this is exactly the type of developer feedback that gets Blizzard so much love in the gaming world.

When D3 was hitting some pretty miserable points due to some mistakes in the base game design, the devs said "Look, we fudged up on a few things and here's what we're doing to make it right..." and they pulled one of the biggest HOLY CRAP moments. If you're not familiar I'll explain (and if you are, I apologize for retreading what you already know) - D3 launched with an auction house. A first for the series. It actually allowed you to sell things for REAL money (Blizz got a small cut of it) and was seen with a huge divisive wave of opinions. The reality was that it was a terrible idea and everyone kept expecting Blizzard to just find ways to fix things around the AH because we all assumed it was so embedded in the base game it couldn't really go away or even why would they remove it since it made them money (however small)

When Reaper of Souls got announced? They also announced the complete shutdown and removal of the AH. I swear you could collectively hear jaws dropping across the world from that one.

I realize Blizzard and Maxis are 2 different entities, but it still paints the possibility that no one thing in gaming is ever truly impossible much less that developers can't learn and even come back to say "Look, we said this but we found a way around it/we're sorry, we made a change based on popular feedback that we didn't think was doable before" and earn some +rep with the fans.

I guess we'll see if such a thing can even happen from the Maxis field, but - there's always hope :)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Keep in mind dude. You came to a SIMS 4 forum to talk about how amazing the sims 3 is. Du.mb move.
  • Options
    Keep in mind dude. You came to a SIMS 4 forum to talk about how amazing the sims 3 is. Du.mb move.

If you haven't actually noticed, its the SIMS forum.

westlife5.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yes but you're in THE SIMS 4 section. Can you read? "The Sims 4 General Discussion"
  • Options

Yes but you're in THE SIMS 4 section.

In which i actually gave my review on TS4 and gave some suggestions on how to improve it. Okay.

Thank you.

I'd rather see them backtrack and be like "You know what, we figured out a way to do it w/o sacrificing engine stability" then "Nope, sorry, crap out of luck. Bob's your uncle and all that eh wot.."

Being able to say "We screwed up but figured a cool workaround to give you back what you've wanting" goes SO much farther than "Yeah sorry, you're all plum outta luck" and this is exactly the type of developer feedback that gets Blizzard so much love in the gaming world.

When D3 was hitting some pretty miserable points due to some mistakes in the base game design, the devs said "Look, we fudged up on a few things and here's what we're doing to make it right..." and they pulled one of the biggest HOLY CRAP moments. If you're not familiar I'll explain (and if you are, I apologize for retreading what you already know) - D3 launched with an auction house. A first for the series. It actually allowed you to sell things for REAL money (Blizz got a small cut of it) and was seen with a huge divisive wave of opinions. The reality was that it was a terrible idea and everyone kept expecting Blizzard to just find ways to fix things around the AH because we all assumed it was so embedded in the base game it couldn't really go away or even why would they remove it since it made them money (however small)

When Reaper of Souls got announced? They also announced the complete shutdown and removal of the AH. I swear you could collectively hear jaws dropping across the world from that one.

I realize Blizzard and Maxis are 2 different entities, but it still paints the possibility that no one thing in gaming is ever truly impossible much less that developers can't learn and even come back to say "Look, we said this but we found a way around it/we're sorry, we made a change based on popular feedback that we didn't think was doable before" and earn some +rep with the fans.

I guess we'll see if such a thing can even happen from the Maxis field, but - there's always hope :)

I doubt that'll happen, Grant was pretty adamant in his statements, and well, you know, EA being EA. They're just too focused on grabbing money to care about the post state of games, unless there's a huge uproar or something, like BF4. Only then did they come up with the CTE to fix issues.

Unlikely to see one here, though.

westlife5.gif
  • Options
    All we can do is rationally express ourselves and where necessary, fight back with our wallets.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options

In which i actually gave my review on TS4 and gave some suggestions on how to improve it. Okay.

Uhm. You told me The Sims 4 is a "crimped" game (whatever that means) That word doesnt sound good. The sims 3 is a buggy, ugly looking, dry, boring game that needs to die already.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Fighting over it won't change an opinion. Sorry you did not like the game. I agree the loading screens to travel is a huge pain. however i'm really enjoying the game despite this. I like all the things i have to do to get promoted and i enjoy the little quest stuff i have to do on top of their wants to get the points to get rewards. the game has not been out a month yet. i just don't feel i can judge so harshly when i remember how buggy sims 3 was and I remember all the hate s3 faced in the beginning too.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited September 2014
    [

I think you got it backwards, he stated what he disliked and some people made snarky responses. I do not think he gives a squat on what you like or want. Not one time did he say do not waste your money, it was all about his experiences in playing Sims 4. I stand by what he says because he has every right to say what he want to say because I myself agree with some his points.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy the feeling of actually roaming without the constraints of endless loading screens, watching my sims actually commute to work instead of disappearing off the lot, toddlers actually being toddlers, attacking the colour wheel every chance i get.

Yes, you can enjoy the errors that'll eventually corrupt your entire savegame rendering it completely unplayable.

TS3 runs beautifully on my system, thank you ;).

It's only a matter of time, the error which corrupts the world is due to the way the game handles sims being generated or removed from the world... Eventually no matter how much you mod it or how well it runs, it'll eventually fall apart and corrupt your save.

i've been playing it for 5 years without any issues, with or without Twallan's in some cases. Sure it may have lagged abit but that's down to the accumulation of CCs in my folders.

I can only assume that either you've restarted your worlds numerous times (which if you were using some of Twallens mods, you'd have had to) which means different save games so it wouldn't have time to corrupt, have almost no EPs at all (especially not some of the worse ones like Island Paradise, which causes massive amounts of bugs) or you're not telling the truth.

raw
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member

Thank you.

With regards to Blizzard you make a good point they actually listen to people and they respond.
    However i have to say with the release of Sims 4 i feel they are listening an implemnting the patches to fix things.

No game will ever be perfect, not all people will enjoy a game.

The thing i struggle with is why people feel the need to make such a big deal

i love WOW i have tried other mmorpgs did not get on with them but i do not go around the internet saying how much i hate them, but then people are different.

I just feel sometime people expect amazing things or perfection too much

• Options

Uhm. You told me The Sims 4 is a "crimped" game (whatever that means) That word doesnt sound good. The sims 3 is a buggy, ugly looking, dry, boring game that needs to die already.

Because this is North Korea and i can't level factual criticism on and suggest things that may help your beloved TS4?

Okay.

westlife5.gif
  • Options

Because this is North Korea and i can't level factual criticism on and suggest things that may help your beloved TS4?

Okay.

North Korea? Dear god. Good luck. I mean i'm not surprised, you're profile picture is of coldplay or something.
  • Options

Yes, you can enjoy the errors that'll eventually corrupt your entire savegame rendering it completely unplayable.

TS3 runs beautifully on my system, thank you ;).

It's only a matter of time, the error which corrupts the world is due to the way the game handles sims being generated or removed from the world... Eventually no matter how much you mod it or how well it runs, it'll eventually fall apart and corrupt your save.

i've been playing it for 5 years without any issues, with or without Twallan's in some cases. Sure it may have lagged abit but that's down to the accumulation of CCs in my folders.

I can only assume that either you've restarted your worlds numerous times (which if you were using some of Twallens mods, you'd have had to) which means different save games so it wouldn't have time to corrupt, have almost no EPs at all (especially not some of the worse ones like Island Paradise, which causes massive amounts of bugs) or you're not telling the truth.

Well, i have had to reinstall due to building 3 new systems over the course of five years, the latest of which was just last year and accumulating all the EP's as well. You can't expect me to stick with the same old system as tech improves right?

I've played till ten gens each time, spent time building houses, and never had a problem. as of collecting the last EP last year right up to now, without restarting whatsoever.

westlife5.gif
  • Options

Okay.

North Korea? Dear god. Good luck. I mean i'm not surprised, you're profile picture is of coldplay or something.

Lol, like that is anywhere near coldplay. You need to broaden your horizons instead of sticking to Nicki Minaj.
    westlife5.gif