Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like the odd one out, but I like sims 4 better than sims 3

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Stilljustme2 - thank you - but sadly we lost my sweet Mr. Hobbs. He had renal failure that they had been trying to stop for the last two weeks and then went into full kidney failure yesterday. He was 18 years old August 25th - so they couldn't remove the bad kidney causing the issue - he was just too old. But thank you for your good thoughts. I am trying not to keep thinking of my buddy - it's hard. I don't think I could even go back to some of my sims 3 game saves even if i wanted too as I had my Mr. Hobbs in several of the ones I played the most. So it is good I have Sims 4 for sure and no pets.

Sorry to hear about Mr. Hobbs -- 18 is pretty old for a kitty so sounds like he had a full and contented life, with a lot of love and skritches.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I love how beautiful the world is. I just feel some stuff is missing like family trees. That's very important to me.

A Generations-type EP could bring that back, along with toddlers and other possible age stages like pre-teens. I never really used that much but I can see how some would find it important.
  • Options
    sirius1y wrote: »
    I got bored on TS3 too. The only EPs that had me playing for more than an hour were Late Night and University Life, which I will still play occasionally. It didn't help that I hated how the Sims looked and no amount of CC could fix that for me. And then there were the countless amount of glitches... I nearly threw the game out the window when my Sims started turning invisible, hah. <br />
    <br />
    TS4 reminds me of TS2 and I love that. I love the graphics and the gallery is an excellent feature. TS4 is missing a lot but hopefully the expansion packs will improve that.

And we actually got features in TS4 that we had to wait until Late Night to get, like the bars (including professional bars and the Mixology Skill; all those useless juice bars cluttering up venues drove me up the wall!) and the piano, and TS4 has violin which was only a Store item. And children can play instruments again which I really missed. I'm now waiting for an upright piano, either in an EP or a Store item because my Sim's house is way too small for a grand piano; I have to figure out how I can modify my house for a music room (I downloaded it from the Gallery because it's got a lovely wrap around porch, but that makes it hard to add onto).

• Options
    Yazzybaby09Yazzybaby09 Posts: 79 Member
    I love the sims 4! Sure it missed out on a lot of features from the sims 3 but the sims 4 is great with all the new features.Better build mode,sims with more personality and kids that actually look cute. I still hope they put toddlers back in though, its kinda creepy seeing a baby age up into an 8 year old.

2q0ok9g.gif
  • Options
    maccarulez wrote: »
    This game to me is the best in the series. Some people may disagree with me but it just got better and I don't miss the things that are missing. The game also plays a lot more stable than any other Sims game in the series, especially 3.

Wait till they start adding onto this game cause its going to be interesting to see what they do next. ;)

As I've said in other threads, expansion is actually going to be easier in a way; instead of having to modify existing worlds to include new venues and features (and sometimes that not even being possible, like with the dive lots in IP), each EP can add a world that Sims can easily travel to and explore the new features without losing any relationships. And those worlds can also add residential lots which will please folks who feel they need more space for their own families. Although I just learned something; in Manage Households you can add households that actually don't have an established address, and they'll show up in your game anyway as townies you can meet and even romance. I actually discovered that when my Sim moved in her boyfriend and he was techncially "not in world" so not only did I not have to break up an existing household he brought in over 19,000 Simoleons, enough to help remodel the kitchen and give it a needed upgrade. B)

• Options
    marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    My library books are collecting dust,much rather play. Like a lot of players l have almost everything Sims 3 related and still got bored after a hour. Sims 4 the hours just pass by.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I played TS3 constantly for about 3 years (I came to it shortly before Generations), and I bought all the expansions and most of the stuff packs. What kept me entertained were various challenges and legacies. I didn't mind the lack of personality too much because I could project personality onto my sims when I was writing a story. It was my favorite game during that time.

And now I love Sims 4. I thought I would miss speed 4 -- the one where you fast forward through an action -- but I don't. There are so many little things I enjoy. For example, my insane sim was watching TV and talking to herself. I noticed the TV table in her "multitask" queue and moused over it. It said "talking with friends." She's friends with the wastebasket in the kitchen, too. My insane sims in 3 would talk to the furniture, too, but somehow it's cuter when it's part of the multi-tasking. Once in a while I'll miss something (like the tip jar when your sim is playing in public), and I wish my graphics card could handle the babies, but all in all, I'm having a blast. And I'm making sure that some of the "robotic" sims from Sunset Valley are getting a new lease on life.

Supposedly the new patch fixed the "demon baby" issue for most players, so you might want to give them another shot. Maybe try adopting a baby just to see how it looks; you can save it under a different name like Baby Test and delete it if you still have problems.

• Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I completely agree with you! I have been playing since the 2nd and I'm still loving it. Not bored in the least yet.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Evalen wrote: »
    Writin_Reg I am so sorry to hear about your furry little friend. I know how you feel, these little guys are like children to us. That is the part I hate the most. My Molly (a little dog) is going to be 12 soon. I do not look forward to that day coming.

The Sims 4 I too am the odd one, As I adore them.
    They have made me, laugh, smile, excited and even sad. They are so real. With all my other games Sims 1-3, I only played one family and could not get attached to any others. Sims 4 as I have been playing test games, I am so attached to each family I have played. They are so alive.
    I have played a total of 8 hours each day since Tue. I can't seem to put them down, they have such a magnetism about them.

The neatest thing that happen yesterday, My sim was painting and his wife was writing, he stopped painting and went over to her and started singing a love song. He even sang a line in English, I love you. I was shocked because they do not have the romance trait.

I am so enjoying them. Still so much to learn, I have not even played in all the neighborhoods or both worlds.

I am so addictive, that when I had to stop playing to do some wash or I would had to be blurred out. I have to go to the washroom to do it, so I took a tablet with me and while waiting, I started writing things I wanted to do in sims 3, challenges like Legacy Rules, Playing a Homeless Teen with rules, A starving Artist. Apocalypse and how Pinstar is going to look into how to play it.

I still have my Sims 3, but I have not even thought about it. I am having to much fun in Sims 4. It's all about the little things that they have added that make your Sims so real. Sims are everywhere. There are so many ways to play. If things are too easy, you can make them harder. No cheats, I love it when my Sim goes to the mail box to send her books to the publisher.
    Knowing how in Sims 2, they had all the Exp with places to go to, like vacations etc. I can just see now how they can easily add different worlds to go to, all just a skip and hop over to. play there or live there.
    Sims three yes, had a lot of expansions, but even though the worlds were large, you still could not put all the things in. I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for Sims 4 in the future

Yes I am one of the odd ones, but I am a happy Odd One.

Neither of my Sims have the Romance trait either, but they're flirting all the time; my Sims share a study with two computers (he's a writer, she's in the Comedy field so she has to write jokes and routines a lot) and in the middle of his writing he stopped and did a little serenade which was absolutely adorable. He's also high enough in skill where he can share Love Poetry with her -- that is probably the most awesome romantic interaction we've had in any Sims game. It's great they can chat while still working at the computer; very realistic as I'll usually be talking with my husband while I'm on the computer writing or doing research and he's at the dining table with a book or a magazine. (Special interest magazines would make a cool addition to the game; reading one would give a small skill boost as well as fun, and after the new one comes you'd have to get rid of the old one.)
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    I completely agree with you! I have been playing since the 2nd and I'm still loving it. Not bored in the least yet.

for me best sims(base) game is either sims 2 or 4...
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Writin_Reg I am so sorry to hear about your furry little friend. I know how you feel, these little guys are like children to us. That is the part I hate the most. My Molly (a little dog) is going to be 12 soon. I do not look forward to that day coming.

The Sims 4 I too am the odd one, As I adore them.
    They have made me, laugh, smile, excited and even sad. They are so real. With all my other games Sims 1-3, I only played one family and could not get attached to any others. Sims 4 as I have been playing test games, I am so attached to each family I have played. They are so alive.
    I have played a total of 8 hours each day since Tue. I can't seem to put them down, they have such a magnetism about them.

The neatest thing that happen yesterday, My sim was painting and his wife was writing, he stopped painting and went over to her and started singing a love song. He even sang a line in English, I love you. I was shocked because they do not have the romance trait.

I am so enjoying them. Still so much to learn, I have not even played in all the neighborhoods or both worlds.

I am so addictive, that when I had to stop playing to do some wash or I would had to be blurred out. I have to go to the washroom to do it, so I took a tablet with me and while waiting, I started writing things I wanted to do in sims 3, challenges like Legacy Rules, Playing a Homeless Teen with rules, A starving Artist. Apocalypse and how Pinstar is going to look into how to play it.

I still have my Sims 3, but I have not even thought about it. I am having to much fun in Sims 4. It's all about the little things that they have added that make your Sims so real. Sims are everywhere. There are so many ways to play. If things are too easy, you can make them harder. No cheats, I love it when my Sim goes to the mail box to send her books to the publisher.
    Knowing how in Sims 2, they had all the Exp with places to go to, like vacations etc. I can just see now how they can easily add different worlds to go to, all just a skip and hop over to. play there or live there.
    Sims three yes, had a lot of expansions, but even though the worlds were large, you still could not put all the things in. I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for Sims 4 in the future

Yes I am one of the odd ones, but I am a happy Odd One.

I agree with every single thing you just said. I LOVE this game and having the best time. I love these Sims. Having only played Sims 3, I just can NOT believe how these Sims are SO different. They have......you guessed it ....EMOTIONS...and they can multitask I know I know...supposedly they could do that in other games..but this is different. Seeing it is so different than watching others play or even describing how it works. My Sim just got married and they were so excited that I got excited and like you I can NOT put this game down hardly. Just love it.

I started my legacy using Pinstar's rules. I am doing a Equality, Strict Traditional, Last born challenge. So far so good. I thought it might be rough since I know nothing about build mode..but I am learning now LOL...SO FUN.

So, to the OP...nope you are not alone. No lag, smooth game play, very few bugs. Able to play for 5 hours without stopping..yeah I am good with it. Probably won't be touching Sims 3 again.
  • Options
    tmelancontmelancon Posts: 120 Member
    I like sims 4 better than 3 because I had so many problems too with the game crashing or not loading. I like the detail in making the sims. I also like when the pregnant sims being able to do everything that they were able to do before becoming pregnant.
    xRArK6t.png

• Options
    saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @tmelancon said:
    > I like sims 4 better than 3 because I had so many problems too with the game crashing or not loading. I like the detail in making the sims. I also like when the pregnant sims being able to do everything that they were able to do before becoming pregnant.

The Sims 4 Utilizes a 32-bit Executable, after a couple of Expansion Packs and Custom Content installed, you will start lagging/freezing more or less like you did in Sims 3.

I hope the unbeareable lag/freezes i had in build mode/C.A.S stays back in The Sims 3.
  • Options
    tmelancontmelancon Posts: 120 Member
    > @saucelicious said:
    >
    I plan to wait until the majority of the expansion packs come out and decide on 1 or 2 and will try to not download any custom content. It was Island Paradise that really did my game in so this time I am going to try to not have so many expansion packs or none at all.
    xRArK6t.png

• Options
    tmelancon wrote: »
    > @saucelicious said:<br />
    > <br />
    I plan to wait until the majority of the expansion packs come out and decide on 1 or 2 and will try to not download any custom content. It was Island Paradise that really did my game in so this time I am going to try to not have so many expansion packs or none at all.

i hope to avoid cc as-well..
  • Options
    maadstarmaadstar Posts: 13 New Member
    Had to get more RAM, better graphics card, and move the Sims 3 and all my CC to an SSD just to be tolerable. I spent most of my time troubleshooting the game and trying to find ways to improve performance. I do miss the open world but they designed the game so it's not needed or relevant. In the Sims 4 I met a girl at the bar and flirted enough to get her interested. After I went home she showed up at my house. It's a bit creepy she new where I lived but it makes the point an open world isn't necessary. As for toddlers, I miss them. They didn't have a huge point and we're only half done but it gave meaning to raising your kids. I developed a bond you can't achieve when they are a doll in a crib and then instantly a kid in school.

Overall I am happy with the game. I know it's just the bones we are working with and that gives me hope...Even if it is putting my hope in EA's hand.
  • Options
    sarka597sarka597 Posts: 70 Member
    I've played the sims 1 sims 2 and i was in love with that game lol ...than sims 3 came out so i was like it will be better and no it wasn't i actually hate sims 3 the way they eat they barely talk while eating..the way they walk ? wth was that all abt ? lol now i was so scared to buy the sims 4 but IM GLAD I DID :D i love everything abt them..sounds..music etc...there is nothing i can find what i would not like ...my favorite was making salad and seeing my sim sticking her finger in her ear tking it out and mixing the salad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL i fell of my chair :D
  • Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    There are quite a few things I miss about Sims 3. Mainly the customization options and the larger cities as opposed to pre-set color schemes and what seems like a small chunk of a town.

But... What makes me love it more is the ability to actually run the game without it bogging down in 5 minutes. Not having to fight through every little action makes a huge difference. I hope that some how we get a wider variety of in town options for us though.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited September 2014
    There are quite a few things I miss about Sims 3. Mainly the customization options and the larger cities as opposed to pre-set color schemes and what seems like a small chunk of a town.<br />
    <br />
    But... What makes me love it more is the ability to actually run the game without it bogging down in 5 minutes. Not having to fight through every little action makes a huge difference. I hope that some how we get a wider variety of in town options for us though.

Yeah, i see people complain about the loading screens in sims 4, but honestly, I find those a hell of a lot less annoying, especially since they don't tend to take that long, than I found the constant game freezes I had in sims 3, where you were trying to do something, and all of a sudden everything falls still and nothing's moving anymore, for several minutes. Just because you tried something in build mode.

• Options
    vintagevintage Posts: 41 Member
    i love sims 4 way, way much more than i liked sims 3. my major problems with sims 3 were not only that it was poorly optimized & laggy (even on my newly built gaming computer), but also that the sims and their expressions were just strange looking and because of that i never felt an attachment to them.
  • Options
    ValeriaValeria Posts: 3 New Member
    Well obviously you're not the only one, I'm having so much with the Sims 4! (65 hours played ;) )
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Valeria wrote: »
    Well obviously you're not the only one, I'm having so much with the Sims 4! (65 hours played ;) )

lots of hours.

I need to check what im at though.. probabbly 20 or 30.

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    You aren't the only one! I am loving Sims 4 more than 3. It addressed gripes I had with 3 mainly being the sims are not robotic acting and have actual personality!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    You are not odd. While there are a lot of people that may disagree, there are others that feel the same way.

I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3 for basically the same reason. It was more trouble just trying to get the game to load and set it up than it was worth as it freezes constantly. Even had a lot of problems with crashing. Though I managed to get to crash less, I couldn't get it to stop freezing and the lagging was horrible. All in all, almost unplayable and my computers aren't even that old! Came out long after Sims 3 did.

The sims felt dull and soulless. I had to use Nraas mods just to play the game and make it a bit more stable or get the sims to do a bit more on their when not playing.

I am not worried about missing careers and all that as I figured more will come within due time (base games tend not to have everything at first).

While it is no Sims 2, it is still a step up from Sims 3 in terms of playability.

• Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    My sims 3 was sooooooo laggy and the error code 12 and 16 drove me insane. Sims 4 is so good and can only get better when they add things like seasons.