Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like the odd one out, but I like sims 4 better than sims 3

Comments

• Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    sirius1y wrote: »
    I got bored on TS3 too. The only EPs that had me playing for more than an hour were Late Night and University Life, which I will still play occasionally. It didn't help that I hated how the Sims looked and no amount of CC could fix that for me. And then there were the countless amount of glitches... I nearly threw the game out the window when my Sims started turning invisible, hah. <br />
    <br />
    TS4 reminds me of TS2 and I love that. I love the graphics and the gallery is an excellent feature. TS4 is missing a lot but hopefully the expansion packs will improve that.

Did you like university for 3? I always found myself with mixed feelings for that one
  • Options
    outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    Your far from the odd one out, am loving the Sims 4 so far the sims are just so much livelier.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I don't love it more than TS3. I just love it. This is the game I want to play now because it is new and there is so much to explore. I played TS3 for five years. Time to give it a break. That doesn't mean it isn't a great game and I won't want to play it again. Maybe someday when this game gets stale and its been a long time since I played TS3 I will pick it up again. For now, this is my game.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    @canitbeman im sorry you feel this way, but how do you know the tech is available?
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    I love the Sims4!!! I am not joking that I have every expansion, stuff packs and store items not to mention tons of CC and mods for Sims3 and I would trade all of that for the Sims4. I love love love the Sims4!!!!
  • Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I 100% agree with the original post. I had EVERY single expansion pack for The Sims 3 and I was so incredibly bored with that game and so frustrated with the loading. This game is a breath of fresh air for me. I am excited to play this. Something I have not felt with The Sims for a very long time. I've been playing constantly since the release date not to mention the hundreds of times I played the demo. I hate that there are so many negative comments on this game. I really like the worlds and all the additions. I do not miss the things they took out. Could some things be better? Of course they could but remember every single base game of The Sims 1-2-3 were missing things that couldve been better or expanded on. I hope EA doesn't take all the criticism to heart or too seriously because I like the way this game plays and I do NOT want another Sims 3 on my hands.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    @chellecheree, probably basing the statement on the open world games that do already exist, while ignoring the fact that none of them allow free panning of the camera across the entire world at lightning speed nor jumping between 8 different active locations with the click of a single button, as a open world The Sims game needs to do.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't, not yet anyway. I played 4 for a while and I think I do like the game, it has potential.
    After that I started 3 and I was completely absorbed again. With my wizard, my plumbot and my plantsim daughter, in beautiful Dragon Valley. Living in a house I completely decorated myself.
    (yes, I know that's a fake comparison, basegame and game with 20 EP's and SP's attached to it, but it is how I felt)

I think they are just two entirely different games. Sims 4 is the game game, Sims 3 is the fantasy game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Stormkeep i agree all other open world games i have played are nowhere near as complex as simming is
  • Options
    KelisonfireKelisonfire Posts: 5 New Member
    I absolutely love The Sims 4! People can complain about pools and toddlers (I loved both of those aspects of the game) but the fact is that this version of the game is so much deeper than The Sims 3. I feel like I connect with my sims on a human level-and that is a really cool and engaging part of this game for me. I know that this game will only continue to grow and get better. I love it and I think it's a fantastic beginning to something great!
  • Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    I absolutely love The Sims 4! People can complain about pools and toddlers (I loved both of those aspects of the game) but the fact is that this version of the game is so much deeper than The Sims 3. I feel like I connect with my sims on a human level-and that is a really cool and engaging part of this game for me. I know that this game will only continue to grow and get better. I love it and I think it's a fantastic beginning to something great!

I agree, I actually care about my sims now.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'm completely with you OP loving the game so far, not missing removed things too much either, yes if they were there I'd use them but plenty for me to do without them too
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    maccarulezmaccarulez Posts: 253 Member
    This game to me is the best in the series. Some people may disagree with me but it just got better and I don't miss the things that are missing. The game also plays a lot more stable than any other Sims game in the series, especially 3.

Wait till they start adding onto this game cause its going to be interesting to see what they do next. ;)
  • Options
    i know forums are not an acurate representation but i wonder out of everybody who bought and played TS4 for at least a couple of hours actually dislike it?
  • Options
    > @chellecheree said:
    > i know forums are not an acurate representation but i wonder out of everybody who bought and played TS4 for at least a couple of hours actually dislike it?

I wonder that too. We know that base games only get better as they are expanded on. Of course there are going to be things that we wish were in the game, but this is only the beginning-you don't ever start off having it all.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    It looks like everyone is going to have there own view of TS4. For me I have been through all of the sims games mostly and I like all of them I got nothing negative to say about any of them but so far it seems like TS4 loads and runs the fasted of any of the sims line to date. perhaps thats because its a clean game. I hope it continues to run fast but I could imagine it will probably slow down once stuff gets added.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    To be honest, I really hope that will happen, but so far there's too much between me and my sim.
    This:

000001_zpsf01bffc1.png

That smirk on her face. The cartoony, 'funny' aspect of this game is not really my cup of tea. And I never had any problems connecting to my Sims 3 sims from day 1.
    I do realize that's very personal though and I'm happy for the people who do connect better with those sims.
    But in a way they look less real to me and I think Sims 4 will be more of a game to me than actual life simulation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2014
    You happen to enjoy it because it's new and exiting, we get that, however it does not change the fact that the Sims 4 is ridicously dumbed down and simplified with small frequent loading screens to reduce lag, i would much rather have lag and have a open world, the tiny neighbourhoods and all the stripped features just makes it a incredibly dull game.

I'll give them kudos for the new way you can multitask and interact with more sims, the build mode is awesome.
  • Options
    that's your opinion, saucelicious, but a lot of people in this topic like closed world
  • Options
    > @daltondoug said:
    > that's your opinion, saucelicious, but a lot of people in this topic like closed world

I suppose they also like the fact that you can't add more lots than there already is, but hey you can always visit the store and buy some gold world packs if you want more.

You heard it Maxis, your customers want smaller worlds and more Micro Transactions.
  • Options
    ... right.
  • Options
    > @saucelicious said:
    > You happen to enjoy it because it's new and exiting, we get that, however it does not change the fact that the Sims 4 is ridicously dumbed down and simplified with small frequent loading screens to reduce lag, i would much rather have lag and have a open world, the tiny neighbourhoods and all the stripped features just makes it a incredibly dull game.
    >
    > I'll give them kudos for the new way you can multitask and interact with more sims, the build mode is awesome.

That's not at all why I enjoy it. I enjoy it because from my perspective the game is more human-I connect better with my sims and I enjoy their personalities. I am sorry you are not enjoying it.
  • Options
    > @Kelisonfire said:
    > That's not at all why I enjoy it. I enjoy it because from my perspective the game is more human-I connect better with my sims and I enjoy their personalities. I am sorry you are not enjoying it.

With a few expansions that will probably change, i do enjoy building.
  • Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm working on building a spreadsheet comparing all four games. It's difficult to do for The Sims 4 since there isn't much documentation on it yet, but I can say that most of the features in previous games were simply rehashing old elements (like all of those features people are complaining about being gone). I'm hoping that I will find that the reason some things were held back is to make way for more innovative ideas. I love the Sims, but I'm afraid that the franchise is going to be doomed because irresponsible reports out there are publishing comments instead of actual reviews. I just got done reading one that states that world is flat (just a rumor that was falsely reported by someone before the game came out because they didn't like the lack of a terrain tool) and that you can't change camera angles (what they mean is pitch, and that's because whoever posted that couldn't find the Sims 3 camera option). I think that, if there's one thing we can blame EA for, it's for holding back review copies of the game. What has happened is that game reviewers feel like they have to publish SOMETHING, so they they're publishing user reviews written by people who don't know how to properly critique games. That's like an art magazine reporting that I don't like the Mona Lisa because I think that the model is ugly.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,716 Member
    I'm loving it much more, too. For me, the problem with Sims3 was the Sims basically had no personalities. They were wooden, robotic, mechanical. When they'd striped down the interactions with the babies/toddlers, that should have been my first clue. I hung on, waiting for EPs to bring back some of the life to this game. But, sadly, although we got more interactions and traits with each expansion, it really didn't fix the problem. I've already noticed the large variety of interactions our Sims have in Sims4. Some, we didn't even get in Sims3 until several expansions in. I'm missing the toddlers and do hope they'll be returned to the game. The babies are okay, but I've only had one so far, and it was the wrong gender for that particular family. So, I ended up deleting the game save to start all over. I'm slowly building the neighborhood up with my own Sims, in which I'll play rotation-style. The second family (in my rotation) is now expecting a baby, but because I've only now really created a whole family, instead of the one potential spouse, it really doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl.

Although, I was hoping we had some control over it, as in Sims3. In Sims2, if you got the wrong gender from what you desired, you could always try the trick to make sure you saved once the pregnant Sim went into labor, and if the wrong gender arrived, you could quit without saving and then re-enter the game at the point the Sim began labor. This actually worked. Sometimes you had to do it more than once. But, hey, that's okay with me.

If anyone knows if we can do this, please sing out. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/