Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Requested refund on Sims 4 and purchased EVERYTHING in Sims 3 Store!

I got all worlds except Lunar Lakes, Dragon Valley and Baracle Bay. All EPs ans Stuff Packs (except Katy Perry, and Diesel)

Almost all venues with premium content - still thinking about buying Dragon Valley and it's extra premium lots...

And I still payed to get Sims 4, only to try it and realise it had nothing to offer compared to Sims 3.

Sims 3 rules!
Simmer since 2001
Sims 3 still rules! <3

Comments

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2014
    @LeGardePourpre

Sure my copy of Sims 3 has been broken for a while now, so it certainly isn't bug free, however I am here still purchasing stuff for my broken game instead of investing in Sims 4, because Sims 4 doesn't interest me at all right now, and that is a shame, because I really wanted it to.

I actually wish Sims 4 appealed to me, but it doesn't. I have read both positive and negative reviews, and even the positive reviews managed to turn me off Sims 4, so I won't be buying it anytime soon. But that is only my opinion, if you like Sims 4 all the power to you, but be nice, because comments like yours is the reason the Sims 4 part of the forum is such an ugly place to be right now, and at the moment this thread is still a nice place to be. Let's keep it that way.

• Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    Sorry you didn't like the sims 4. At least you can still find some fun in the sims 3. I personally love the sims 4 but I don't plan to give up the sims 3 or the sims 1 or 2 any time soon. All versions are different enough for me to play and not feel like I am repeating the same things over and over. :D
  • Options
    Chalko110Chalko110 Posts: 20 Member
    I really thought about buying sims 4 but it just doesn't appeal to my play style right now. I am sure once they add a few expansion packs (preferably one with toddlers and more family related interactions and or a business themed pack) i will join the bandwagon.
    Right now, however i am still enjoying sims 3 and having fun with the open worlds. And adding store content is tiding me over with the addition of new gameplay.
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Sounds like my plan, except that I haven't purchased TS4, and have no plans to do so any time soon. With so much missing that was included in the previous two base games, and the MUCH higher price, I don't see the point.

I was looking forward, some months back, to the new build tools. Moving a room seemed awesome. However, it isn't so awesome that it's worth sacrificing pools, terrain editing, different level building (such as a house on a foundation and an outbuilding NOT on one...), etc. The limited number of lots is a bit much as well. Add to that a missing life stage, and several others virtually the same, and the overblown and frankly annoying emoting, and I just can't see the appeal. New build tools and sim sculpting could be cool, if there was more actual game and creative potential.

I already have all the expansions. and want a couple of worlds I don't have yet, and a few premium items, then I'll be done, save for whatever free custom stuff comes up.
  • Options
    PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    I felt this way and strongly when sims 3 first came out. It's difficult to go from so many EPs to none all at once, you really have to change the way you view your sims and it's hard to see it as anything but a step backwards. I ended up waiting over a year and getting a few of the EPs together which re-kindled my love of the game.

Saying that, this time round I personally am happy to see the back of sims 3, I've never had a game that's glitched so much and so badly. Plus the way the sims 4 works is brilliant. Once it's had time to be patched and developed it'll be great.
  • Options
    GloryGal123GloryGal123 Posts: 89 Member
    I have soooo much to do with the Sims3 that it will probably take me years to explore it all. I've had it for quite a while but only recently decided to come back and really experience it. I'm sure the Sims4 is going to appeal to many people. IMHO it's more suited to teens and young adults and I am neither. I do feel sad that Sims3 is over and hope that they keep this forum open for quite a while. Although nothing I post seems to show up. Hopefully this one will make it. So nice to see many of the regulars still posting! Hi!!!
  • Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    I had decided to get sims 4 and then changed my mind... my current goal as well is to own the items in the store... it's proving to be a long quest lol, but I'm getting there little by little. Hard with my work to get free points now. I can sometimes grab 30-40 a night if I'm lucky... working on venues and sets I haven't gotten yet..
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    What makes the investment harder is the amount of money that's gone into Sims 3 from all the DLC they've made for it. We won't be able to convert Sims 3 DLC into Sims 4, so that's putting me off big time, not to mention the bigger price tag for just a new base game that currently has nothing in it of interest to me.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,289 Member
    edited September 2014
    "Disagree" people took too seriously my comment.

Just I tried to mean TS3 experience isn't the same for all the players.

With TS4, I'm happy to be able to play again, since the last year my TS3 is not playable after I installed Into The Future EP.

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Oops ! The Sims 3 crashes again and Error 12 occurs one more time :P

Yes, thank goodness Sims 4 is bug free.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    "Disagree" people took too seriously my comment.

Just I tried to mean TS3 experience isn't the same for all the players.

With TS4, I'm happy to be able to play again, since the last year my TS3 is not playable after I installed Into The Future EP.

Have you tried anything to fix it? Meaning, specifically, a mod? The Twallen mods ROCK for making the game playable again. I had major lag issues after Island Paradise, but with the installation of Overwatch alone, that was corrected. If you don't object to mods, I'd highly recommend checking out that one, and perhaps some others there. You can locate them at nraas(dot)wikispaces(dot)com. Sorry, can't post links yet, since keeping the forum intact I have used for years didn't happen, and old players are now all "new". You might find you can again play, if you give that a shot, though. All the investment into the game, it's frustrating to have it not work properly, I know.

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I love all the store stuff, more so that most of the expansions if I'm being honest and the worlds are fantastic. The Sims 4 world just looks a sad little place by comparison.
    Big part of the reason I'm not moving on to Sims4, though by no means the only one, it's just too much of an investment to throw away. I've sunk a lot of money into this series, which I don't regret as it's provided endless fun, but I'm not prepared to do it all over again.
    Plus I still have a lot to explore and do in this game, Sci Fi didn't appeal to me very much so only recently got Lunar Lakes, turns out I love the place, knocks the old Strangetown out of the park. So now I need to collect all the futuristic items :)
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    I did break down and buy TS4 but haven't played it much. The emotions don't seem to add much, and I find it so annoying that the needs panel in TS4 doesn't stay open. Really, the only improvement imo is the Build mode - it's super easy to build now. Overall, I find the TS3 game engine way better.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin