Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 = Epic Fail

MixaliciousMixalicious Posts: 55 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ok, from the start let me just say that I respect other peoples opinions on whether they like the Sims 3 or The Sims 4. But i'm going to tell you in my opinion how I believe The Sims 4 is an EPIC FAIL.

I've been a Sims player since the series first began. I own all base games, stuff packs and expansion packs from Sims 1 to Sims 3. I too can get into 24 hour sessions of no sleep while playing and have tried multiple ways of the playing the game whether its raising families or just building lots.

The SIms 4 seems like a fail to me like how EA failed when they brought back Simcity. It is lacking in creative juice that a hardcore player such as myself would want to see in future versions of franchises. If they had taken the Sims 4 characteristics and interactions, people creator and maybe some of the furniture and implemented it into Sims 3, then we would finally have a complete game. The Sims 4 has lost its substance when it comes to an enjoyable game. It's like a Facebook game that nobody should have to pay for. Yet, EA is going to come out with multiple expansion packs for this franchise that are probably already finished and have release dates to begin with. Just a way to release a game that pretty much most people won't like and will have to continue to spend money for what they do like. With so many things missing from the Sims 4 that the Sims 3 has shows the lack of respect EA has for its community.

The Sims 3 grew far apart from the original game in amazing ways that all you need to do is visit modthesims to see how far people have modded the game. It opened up new doors in almost every aspect. I really can't see The Sims 4 doing any of this unless they get the consumer to pay them more money for things that should have already been in the game.

Hey, at least with Sims 4 they didn't require an online connection to play like Simcity, right?

And kudos to the people who live The Sims 4, good for you. I think more people will agree with me that the Sims 3 is way more enjoyable then playing 20 minutes of The Sims 4.

I am really disappointed with how The Sims 4 turned out.
I'm going to stick with The Sims 3 until The Sims 5 comes out lol

Thanks and have a great day!
Mixalicious

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    You got that right.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    I feel the way you do about Sims 4, but I am trying to salvage my $60 and give it a chance. I've had to scrap my usual method of playing, which was heavily based on building, using "moveobjects" and CASt. Instead, I'm trying to focus on two Sims and their interactions with each other and the neighbors. I'm looking for the humorous touches EA is famous for, and I've already found quite a few.

I think locking buy items to certain levels of career advancement further restricts an already sparse game. I'm hoping that will be changed or modded soon. There are many players like me who hate careers, and who use the money cheat and want access to EVERYTHING they have paid their $60-$80 for.

Just my humble opinion...
  • Options
    > @Wizaerd69 said:
    > Your second post is even worst than the first. You're obviously clamoring for attention, and doing it poorly at that. Hardcore Sims player? I've played quite a few Sims in my 49 years of life, and I've come to say, I can find quite a bit to like about this version. Too bad you can't, as if your rant has any weight at all. EA troll? Really? That's all you can come up with? Obviously you lack imagination and creativity. No wonder you don't like the Sims, you have no imagination at all.

Buddy, you have no idea how to play The Sims. You might as well turn off your pc now and go outside for some fresh air lol
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Okay. So you have examples. Now you need reasons. Reasons that apply to you and you only. Not others opinion.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited September 2014
    joeyk0987 wrote: »
    Have you even played sims 4...

Comment deleted
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    The lack of content isn't understandable, and that's true; but calling the game an epic failure is an overstatement. The game is good, things can be added, and for many the end of closed world was a positive change. I'm sorry it doesn't suits your playstile, but many like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    > @joeyk0987 said:
    > Have you even played sims 4...

Yes, a few hours trying a few methods once I got all of the bugs fixed lol
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Mixalicous, you're listing nothing but empty words. These are facts that everyone, even the people who own the game and love it, knows. How about you list your own personal reasons and not just the vague "I hate everything about it"? Because right now it seems like you're jumping on the bandwagon, and all this topic is, is a wall of text. It also seems you hate Sims who don't act like lifeless robots. Moving on now, Bye!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top