Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Furniture unlock??

I've been leveling my sims in their careers, and unlocking the furniture. But I'm sad to discover that the furniture doesn't stay unlocked into a new game. Am I doing this wrong?? Is there a cheat to enter to unlock the furniture? I don't want to keep having to level careers over and over!

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It only levels up for that sim.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hi Jenny - no worries, you aren't doing anything wrong. It's intentional that the furniture unlocks are tied to the household that unlocked them. I'd welcome feedback from others on this to see how people feel about it.

At this time there isn't a cheat to unlock furniture, but it's a great idea for us to keep in mind for the future. Thank you!
  • Options
    VirbiusVirbius Posts: 11 New Member
    To be honest, I like the fact that the furniture is locked for other households. I do, however, think it should be unlocked for community lots. Do other Simmers feel the same way?
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    There is a bigger bug to be worried about. Have you tried to unlock a styled room yet from a career? It's not going to happen. I can click on the stuff in the styled room and get it but I can't get the whole room to place on a lot. I contacted EA a say and a half ago and they spent over a hour with me trying to fix this to no avail (I must say thou the 3 different people I talked to were very nice and spoke to me as an equal not someone neneath them. Big bonus points for that!). The final outcome was they they were going to send this problem up the pipeline and they would contact me by e-mail when they have a solution (not yet). And for my troubles they gave me a free game (Wing commander III, I know it's not brand new but it's the thought that counts).

I hope this gets fixed soon because I want that commercial kitchen just as it is in the styled room.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I like that it resets per household but a cheat would be nice for those that wish to have it. Choices are always great!
    Thanks for being here on the forums!
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Virbius wrote: »
    To be honest, I like the fact that the furniture is locked for other households. I do, however, think it should be unlocked for community lots. Do other Simmers feel the same way?

I was a little disappointed that the unlocks didn't stay unlocked, but it makes sense that they don't. I really do agree though that they should be unlocked for community lots.

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hi Jenny - no worries, you aren't doing anything wrong. It's intentional that the furniture unlocks are tied to the household that unlocked them. I'd welcome feedback from others on this to see how people feel about it.

At this time there isn't a cheat to unlock furniture, but it's a great idea for us to keep in mind for the future. Thank you!

It is fun to unlock furniture, but a cheat code would be nice when you are just building to build.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    I hate the locked content. It's a Sims game, I shouldn't be forced to play a certain way. What happened to the sandbox, did you guys decide to take our sand? That's mean! :p

I totally agree, I can't stand the locks. I don't want to spend forever unlocking levels from every career just to round out the already sparse collection of furniture. I want to play it the way I want to play, and honestly career building takes forever.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    JennyT79JennyT79 Posts: 24 New Member
    I really dislike the locked content, or rather I dislike being forced into it. It's not how I play. As an option it would have been fantastic. But that's what it should have been: an option.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I suspect the good modders will help us with the unlocks ;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member

I think that's an awful lot of "unlocking"!
  • Options
    sirenprincesssirenprincess Posts: 220 Member
    So they're kind of like career reward objects in Sims 2? I assumed that once you unlocked an item it would be unlocked in any save in any household just from the way the locks were worded. I think the challenge of unlocking them is fun but there should be an unlock cheat for people who just want to play sandbox style or for movie-makers, etc.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member

@SimGuruSemedi I think the challenge is a good idea, but I think it should be optional seeing as it's a sandbox game. In this case, having a cheat would be a good idea so players can play how they want to and not feel restricted in their own game. :smile:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    And for my troubles they gave me a free game (Wing commander III, I know it's not brand new but it's the thought that counts).

Ummm.... Wing Commander III has been free for everyone on Origins for the past several months.

Sorry.

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Maclimes wrote: »
    And for my troubles they gave me a free game (Wing commander III, I know it's not brand new but it's the thought that counts).

Ummm.... Wing Commander III has been free for everyone on Origins for the past several months.

Sorry.

Awkward...

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    To be honest I'm not a fan of the whole process. I don't mind an item or two-but having to unlock a whole set I'm just not so crazy about.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Nope not liking the locked items at all. If they have to be locked then having a sim unlock them once should be enough. You've had the experience and you never have to do it again for any family or save game.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @SimGuruSemedi -

Please give us a way to unlock the furniture in the game as a whole. I understand rewarding players through the game, but when you are a builder, those seem like blatant limitations. We can see the items that we are missing out on. Please, please, please let us unlock them. Please...
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I suspect the good modders will help us with the unlocks ;)

I have no doubts about this :D

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Maclimes wrote: »

Sorry.

Awkward...

Very.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm confused. Are all the locked items career rewards? Then it makes sense to keep the locked until a Sim earns them just like in the TS2, right?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I don't have the game - please bare with me - are you saying that you have to unlock whole furniture sets based on your job level? As in, couches and chairs and such?
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    There are items that are gated based on what job type they are associated with. I reached rank 4 for Entertainer last night and the Retro Rock of Ages stereo was unlocked. Nice I thought. Then I saw the price. Gee, thanks you gouging ninnies at the SimCo Best Buy!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~