Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Furniture unlock??

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    No no no! Locks bad! Sand good! :p <br />
    <br />
    I think the locked content and "Friend requirements" for careers are remnants of the original online multiplayer design for the game. The features would support a cash shop and encourage (force) social media interaction. I expect them to be modded out within a week.

Yup, the career rewards objects were unlocked and made buyable by modders.
    Be patient, they will unlock them for the rest of us I have no doubt. :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    I'm not happy to learn that these have to be unlocked over and over. Unlocking them once is a fun challenge, but my preference would be one sim unlocks an item and all sims rejoice and partake :p
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I don't like it or at least I don't like having to work for the SAME thing over and over again. I think that once it's "unlocked" it should BE unlocked. Period. Besides, as some has already said, who wants a game where some of the pieces are missing?
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    :< reminds me of the Sims on console, 'get a life' mode and having to complete goals to get new furniture i.e. get a career.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    edited September 2014
    Don't like the locked items. I want to be able to build a house and use all the items in the game to build.
    Post edited by Dec3338 on

bears.gif
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited September 2014
    Maclimes wrote: »
    And for my troubles they gave me a free game (Wing commander III, I know it's not brand new but it's the thought that counts).

Ummm.... Wing Commander III has been free for everyone on Origins for the past several months.

Sorry.

Shows you how much I know. And now the next E-mail I just got from really ticks me off after reading this.

• Options
    MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    I can see having locked content as incentive to try out all the various careers, but once unlocked, it should *stay* unlocked for all future games. I earned it, don't take it away because I'm starting a new game. That's just frustrating. At the very least there needs to be a code to unlock them, the same way we could get all the career outfits in Sims 3.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are all the locked items career rewards? Then it makes sense to keep the locked until a Sim earns them just like in the TS2, right?
    They're career rewards, but the only difference between them and ordinary furniture/appliances/electronics is that they have an emotional aura.

TS2 career rewards were unique and deserved to be locked. TS4 career rewards should not have been locked, only given free in careers (and noted as so).
    Why should they be unlocked if you have to unlock them with a career. You guys are wanting the game to be to easy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JaLeeReneeJaLeeRenee Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Computosaurus said:
    > Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but the unlocked furniture locks back up if you change careers. I was going to make an ultimate sim and unlock everything. She's on her 4th level 10 career and I noticed that the unlocked items from her previous careers have gone back to locked. I was stupid and sold the items for cash. I should have stockpiled in her family inventory.

Actually it doesn't lock back up. There seems to be a bug when you try to purchase it through the room sort mode. If you go into the item sort mode they are unlocked. Unfortunately since I cant post proper I can not share a screen capture.
  • Options
    GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    I really dont like having to unlock it.. I mean it's not like the game has a whole lot of content right now.

The IDEA is pretty neat, I remember past sim games having something similar but.. Yeah I dont know, it's tricky, I guess I'd like to be able to see it being possible to get without needing to rank up in a career, but maybe it could cost a lot more? Like career "inside connections" lets you get it for cheap
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • Options
    CyberOpsCyberOps Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Jenny - no worries, you aren't doing anything wrong. It's intentional that the furniture unlocks are tied to the household that unlocked them. I'd welcome feedback from others on this to see how people feel about it.

At this time there isn't a cheat to unlock furniture, but it's a great idea for us to keep in mind for the future. Thank you!

You probably mean it only unlocks for the sim that unlocks it not for the entire household, if you move one sim then that sim will not have it unlocked. Hopefully a cheat to unlock it all will be made. Hate having to replay it over and over just because we want to use stuff to build in our homes. Some people are even just builders and they can't use it before they unlock it all again.

• Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am really not a huge fan of having to unlock furniture content in my game. I mean, I'm already putting in the work to be able to make the money in game to buy it. However, if I have to unlock it, I would rather it be unlocked across my game.

As it is, I feel like unlocking it is a reward for the Sim who unlocked it, rather than for the player. My Sims don't need rewards, they are bits of data. I need the reward! :smile:
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are all the locked items career rewards? Then it makes sense to keep the locked until a Sim earns them just like in the TS2, right?
    They're career rewards, but the only difference between them and ordinary furniture/appliances/electronics is that they have an emotional aura.

TS2 career rewards were unique and deserved to be locked. TS4 career rewards should not have been locked, only given free in careers (and noted as so).
    Why should they be unlocked if you have to unlock them with a career. You guys are wanting the game to be to easy.

No, I want to play the game as I want to play it; not how EA says I have to play.
    That is what was/is good about the Sims, it is a sandbox game.
    I play as I want, you play as you want.

I will wait until modders make them buyable rewards like they did for Sims3

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    And you still have to buy it.

It would have been better if it was "Free for reaching level X of Y career!" and you'd have to buy it if you weren't in that career. The top level rewards would be much more expensive.

Every reward I've gotten so far has been placed in my inventory when I got a promotion. Does that change with higher career levels or something?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    I don't mind unlocking the furniture but it should unlock per account- what I mean is that once one of your Sims have unlocked it, it should be available for any other Sim on your account... it's a huge waste of time to do it for each family. It also kills the use of these unlockables in shared lots as well as for Simmers who just want to build and share, these items should have a code to unlock and or be unlocked per account as requirements are met.

That is just my opinion.
  • Options
    There are cheats that Grant posted here, including cheats for advancing in career and aspiration levels. You could just cheat your way through whatever careers and aspirations you want for those rewards. Not the quickest "unlock" but it's something.
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    ebuchala- Yeah you can cheat through the careers but that method will still only work for the family you are playing on... I still say- unlock once and then available forever.
    -
  • Options
    Greenowl77 wrote: »
    ebuchala- Yeah you can cheat through the careers but that method will still only work for the family you are playing on... I still say- unlock once and then available forever.
    -

Right, but you can do it for any family you play. As I said, not the quickest method but at this point it's something until they decide and implement an unlock for those things. I'd actually like it if they made it so that you could choose to have the items unlocked or relocked for each Sim.
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    I say unlock it. Do it soon. Please. What also makes the furniture being locked so frustrating is the fact that there's not a whole lot of choices in this base game as it is, and having a few more items to decorate your house with would be a plus without having to send your Sim through a career you don't want it to just to get the fancier stove. When I redecorated my first house it was really frustrating.
  • Options
    trippinoutmysoultrippinoutmysoul Posts: 15 Member
    I fall on the "Unlock it, god, please" side of the fence. It was fun to unlock content the first time, when I first started playing, but now it just gets in the way of telling the stories I want to tell.
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm honestly fine with the fact that it's locked for other households--seems kind of like a reward for those of us that stick with one house, as with a legacy, to have all those rewards unlocked over time. -But- with that said, seems to me like it would be a good idea to put a cheat in to unlock the locked rewards, both for those that don't want to do the gameplay to unlock it and just want unrestricted building, and for those who for some reason have it bug out and not allow them to purchase a reward they earned.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    And you still have to buy it.

It would have been better if it was "Free for reaching level X of Y career!" and you'd have to buy it if you weren't in that career. The top level rewards would be much more expensive.

I like this. :D

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brandonstaufferbrandonstauffer Posts: 40 Member
    I'm in the "unlock it once, it stays unlocked" camp. I tend to move around between families a lot, and I don't like having to repeat the same things over and over again.

And though I have yet to encounter it, I've read that if you change careers, the previously unlocked items become locked again. If that Sim already unlocked it, they've earned it and it should remain unlocked.

I'm really missing the true sandbox feel from previous iterations of the franchise. As it stands, I feel like I'm cornered into playing the game one way, and one way only.

But back to my main point, though I dislike the idea of playing what is essentially a mini-game to unlock content I already paid, if I have to unlock it, let it remain unlocked no matter what family I'm playing or if I even start an entirely new game.
  • Options
    KamiroseKamirose Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > S100Headache wrote: »
    >
    > And you still have to buy it.
    >
    > It would have been better if it was "Free for reaching level X of Y career!" and you'd have to buy it if you weren't in that career. The top level rewards would be much more expensive.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like this. :D
    You do get them for free for reaching that career level. Go into build/buy mode and check your family inventory :)

Edit: How do you for real quote something? Dx
    Post edited by Kamirose on
    Follow me on the gallery! @Kamirose9046
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited September 2014
    Like I said in another thread, I'm all for unlocking career rewards as it is a sense of achievement but what I hate is putting all that work in to unlock 8 careers worth of stuff in one family to find I have to do it all over again for another family, like a punishment for not liking to play one house for the rest of my life
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||