Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow never mind

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    The price. I have my 60 bucks back now, when I buy the game again I won't spend over 30 because that's all I feel it's worth. The difference, I still have 30 bucks in my pocket by waiting.

Edit: EA always bundles the Sims game. I got bundles on TS2 and TS3. I don't know about 1 because I never played it.

They do not bundle games for at least 3 years after release (the base game release). normally right before or after,the release of a new game. which is when they expect near 0 sales of it. for example: they did not do this with the sims 2 (sims 2 double deluxe) until about 6 months to a year,before the release of 3 (base game). this is normally when all EPS and SPs are out and all content released but also sales start to stale. i wouldnt hold my breath because you will die,if you do.
    Post edited by LovenVincent on
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    *Doesn't understand why people are so eager to discourage others from getting their money back if that's what they want.*

This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread. I'm not telling or discouraging anyone from doing anything!

Excuse me for asking a Sims related question.

First of all, you asked the question to begin with, which is asking people to justify their choice. Second, you offered an alternative which negates their first choice and, in turn, implies that they're making the wrong choice. You may say that you're not trying to discourage anyone from doing what they want to do, but in fact, that's the message you're sending, and others are falling in line with you.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm beating a dead horse, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting a refund, and later on, going on to buy the game when it's at a cheaper price. They already know what they're getting, but at least this way, they won't feel ripped off, because it's not full price. There's really no need for anyone to keep a game in hopes that they'll grow to love it further on down the line.

Whatever. I'm discouraging people to do something. It's nice to know I have that much pull on the community. This is what I get for asking a question. I'll try to make sure I don't do THAT again. Don't want people to fall in line with my 'discouragement'. Thanks Jarsie. :)

Ya'll don't have to answer this question anymore. Apparently I'm discouraging everyone. I sure didn't want to do that. That's for sure. Night everyone. :)
  • Options
    GeferdiGeferdi Posts: 47 Member
    I will re-buy the Sims 4 eventually most likely. I just felt this wasn't ready for prime time when I played it.

Now, in a few years when I see a bundle near the check out at Best Buy for $29.99, I'll probably pick it up for a winter weekend diversion.
  • Options
    *Doesn't understand why people are so eager to discourage others from getting their money back if that's what they want.*

This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread. I'm not telling or discouraging anyone from doing anything!

Excuse me for asking a Sims related question.

First of all, you asked the question to begin with, which is asking people to justify their choice. Second, you offered an alternative which negates their first choice and, in turn, implies that they're making the wrong choice. You may say that you're not trying to discourage anyone from doing what they want to do, but in fact, that's the message you're sending, and others are falling in line with you.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm beating a dead horse, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting a refund, and later on, going on to buy the game when it's at a cheaper price. They already know what they're getting, but at least this way, they won't feel ripped off, because it's not full price. There's really no need for anyone to keep a game in hopes that they'll grow to love it further on down the line.

Whatever. I'm discouraging people to do something. It's nice to know I have that much pull on the community. This is what I get for asking a question. I'll try to make sure I don't do THAT again. Don't want people to fall in line with my 'discouragement'. Thanks Jarsie. :)

Ya'll don't have to answer this question anymore. Apparently I'm discouraging everyone. I sure didn't want to do that. That's for sure. Night everyone. :)

Yeah i felt the same about many things here but learned that people take things wrong *on purpose* and for this exact reason. you knew what you ment and what you were trying to do,stick to it. those who have common sense will answer the question honestly and leave it at that and those who do not have common sense,well you know. ignore them.

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
    I'm done. I asked a question, maturely, and was told I was discouraging people. this is the second time this crap happened. I can only take so freaking much.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    But there is no guarantee that they are going to bundle games.

History tends to repeat itself and they've always ended up bundling later.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    GeferdiGeferdi Posts: 47 Member
    I know how you feel friendlyone, I made a "notice" about my thread once. I meant it to point out my absurdity was absurd. It didn't work out so well.

Don't feel bad, the internets be cruel.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't understand how one can say it's not worth the money, it is obvious to me how hard the creators have worked on this even despite the major criticism they all get from their fans. --that's just my opinion and I don't have to go into why and all that.

Yes, it's worth the price tag to me because of the labor and love put into each game and even this one, I don't mind paying for it, it's someone's livelihood all for my entertainment.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The price. I have my 60 bucks back now, when I buy the game again I won't spend over 30 because that's all I feel it's worth. The difference, I still have 30 bucks in my pocket by waiting.

Edit: EA always bundles the Sims game. I got bundles on TS2 and TS3. I don't know about 1 because I never played it.

They do not bundle games for at least 3 years after release. normally right before or after,the release of a new game. which is when they expect near 0 sales of it. for example: they did not do this with the sims 2 until about 6 months to a year,before the release of 3. this is normally when all EPS and SPs are out and all content released but also sales start to stale. i wouldnt hold my breath because you will die,if you do.

I'm sure you are trying to be clever or cute. I hate to burst your bubble but do a little research before you spout facts that aren't true.

The Sims 3: Deluxe is the first compilation of The Sims 3 games. It includes The Sims 3 base game and the second expansion pack, Ambitions. It was released late September 2010.

Source:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Compilations_of_The_Sims_3

The Sims 3 is a 2009 life simulation video game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to the best-selling computer game, The Sims 2. It was first released on June 2, 2009 simultaneously for OS X and Microsoft Windows – both versions on the same disc.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

*scratchs his head* okay so the sims 3 deluxe was released on september 2010. The Sims 2: Double Deluxe is the third compilation of The Sims 2 released in 2008, which contains The Sims 2 base game, The Sims 2: Nightlife and Celebration Stuff. <<this double deluxe was released in 2008. The Sims 3 is a 2009 life simulation video game. << the game its self was released in 2009. the sims 2 double deluxe was released a YEAR before the sims 3 came out. The sims 2 base game was released in 2004- which is exactly 4 years to its double deluxe release and 5 years before the release of the sims 3. this is exactly what i said.

*sims 2 (the double deluxe sims 2) until about 6 months to a year,before the release of 3*

Yet you insulted me because you *think* you know more then me? please.

*I'm sure you are trying to be clever or cute. I hate to burst your bubble but do a little research before you spout facts that aren't true.*

Now remove your disagree from my upper post. thanks :)

PS: because of my above statement,someone decided (Jdavij20033) that they would harass me by going through all my posts and disagreeing with them. Even though they are fact and not opinion. heres the funny part- this post was originally to explain not only what i ment with my above posts but to make clear someone who just decided to be rude with assuming things (in which i made clear i knew what i was talking about) So i will take the needed action and report this to EA and those who are heads. disagree with my post but if you will stalk ALL of my posts (regardless of content) because of one line,then you are doing just that. stalking and harassing because your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hurts.
    Post edited by LovenVincent on

• Options
    cujojaxcujojax Posts: 12 New Member
    The reason you return it now is so that Ea/Maxis get the only feedback they care about, losing potential sales.

I was not ok with paying 70 bucks for this game in its current state. I like the series, want it to be another success but If returning it is the only clear message to them, which it likely is, they may rethink their outlook and plans and help improve the game overall. They want to have those people who returned it come back I would assume yes? So why not make improvements to help this cause?

Also you have started quite a few threads praising the game, another I saw you have not even played yet... Even though your posts aren't on the negative side your essentially doing the same as those who troll negative ones.
  • Options
    guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    People afraid of new technology maybe??? Maybe there is no balance? Who knows. :/
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

Maybe they're EA employees? Just one guess.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2014
    take0nme wrote: »
    I don't understand how one can say it's not worth the money, it is obvious to me how hard the creators have worked on this even despite the major criticism they all get from their fans. --that's just my opinion and I don't have to go into why and all that.

Yes, it's worth the price tag to me because of the labor and love put into each game and even this one, I don't mind paying for it, it's someone's livelihood all for my entertainment.

If I'm getting paid to paint your house and I work hard at it but when I'm done you can see drips or barely coated areas and I acknowledge that it isn't perfect but that my time is up and tell you I was trying to keep paint off the floor, would you still be happy paying me full price or would you want a discount?

If you say you would be happy paying full price for that job than ... I'd like to paint your house :D !

This is what happens when we live in a world where everyone gets a trophy for showing up..

People have the right to feel that they got or didn't get their moneys worth. There is nothing wrong with that. When you compare what previous base games had to this one disappointment is understandable. For all those that want to say "but this is new..." No, no it isn't, its suppose to be a next step in the franchise. I don't hate the game, I don't love it either. When you take away what your fan base has grown to love and when you leave stuff out that was expected to be in when pre orders started because you ran out of time, you have to expect a good portion of your fan base to be disappointed.

I get that they wanted to protect their game from pirating but here it is a couple days in and pirates already found a work around. That could have been time spent taking care of your loyal fans.

TLDR: Consumers are entitled to feel that they did or didn't get their moneys worth and it is understandable. If you bought it you have the right to complain about how much you spent v/s it's worth, if you have not bought it you certainly have the right to wait for it to be sold at what you value it at.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

They do not bundle games for at least 3 years after release. normally right before or after,the release of a new game. which is when they expect near 0 sales of it. for example: they did not do this with the sims 2 until about 6 months to a year,before the release of 3. this is normally when all EPS and SPs are out and all content released but also sales start to stale. i wouldnt hold my breath because you will die,if you do.

Normally you may be right, but seeing how they are changing policies about Origin and everything else these days I think you are in for a surprise of how these games will be marketed. Sim City is already bundled and it's only been out a year, and a free trial download. Since the new SC is the cousin to this game, I think if people waited just a short time they will get a better deal.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

Normally you may be right, but seeing how they are changing policies about Origin and everything else these days I think you are in for a surprise of how these games will be marketed. Sim City is already bundled and it's only been out a year, and a free trial download. Since the new SC is the cousin to this game, I think if people waited just a short time they will get a better deal.

Of course i didnt say there wasnt exceptions. i did say *normally* but i was speaking mainly of 2 and 3 (which i was correct on) as far as games outside of the sims,i couldnt tell you either way. i have nothing against buying bundles and have the mega deluxe of the sims 1,so its all good. but since the sims 4 is a new game just released,i wouldnt hold my breath for a very long time. as i said,they normally do not bundle unless there is something to bundle and EP's take at least 6 months each to make and release. but i say,if you can wait that long and want the bundles-- have at it.