Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow never mind

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
This is the second time I asked a question and got the 'book thrown at me' for asking.

People who want to return your game, return them. People who want to throw them off a cliff, do that too. I don't care.
Post edited by Fairy_Happy on

Comments

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    They'll probably get it cheaper or in a bundle. I mean they tried it and realized it wasn't what they wanted so I understand.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    But there is no guarantee that they are going to bundle games.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    The price. I have my 60 bucks back now, when I buy the game again I won't spend over 30 because that's all I feel it's worth. The difference, I still have 30 bucks in my pocket by waiting.

It is worth $60 in my opinion.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    They may not bundle anything (probably will, but maybe not), but I'm certain the price will drop. If someone isn't happy with it right now and wants to return it, it probably is for the best even if they decide they want it later because they likely will be able to get it cheaper later on down the line.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I see some good points.

Edit: Everyone has a different opinion. If I'm not happy with the game, I will hold on to it until some EP are released for the point I stated in my OP.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Why NOT return it? It's not exactly the end of the world, and I think it sends a message to EA...that is, that there are limits to what Sim fans will tolerate. Myself, I don't see what the fuss is about. If people want to return their games, then they should be able to do so without having to justify their choice in the forums.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I guarantee they'll bundle it, they always do. I'm glad they're able to get refunds if they're not happy. I've bought games for far cheaper than Sims 4 and regretted it very shortly after. It sucks being stuck with a game you don't enjoy.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited September 2014
    Here's another question, if one returns the game because one doesn't like the game, why then buy it later because of an aspect one likes in an EP? Isn't one still required to buy an entire basegame one didn't like?
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Why NOT return it? It's not exactly the end of the world, and I think it sends a message to EA...that is, that there are limits to what Sim fans will tolerate. Myself, I don't see what the fuss is about. If people want to return their games, then they should be able to do so without having to justify their choice in the forums.

I was just asking a question. If they don't want to justify their choice, they don't have to. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. :)

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    I've seen Sims 2 and Sims 3 bundle games together with the base as the series goes on. The price is always better than buying it when first released. Compare paying $30 for the base plus two expansions to the full price upon release. You're getting twice as much for half the price.

Since I have a full game in Sims 3, I don't mind waiting for this inevitable drop.

Remember, they just released every single Sims 2 expansion and stuff pack bundled with the base game for free.
  • Options
    Here's another question, if one returns the game because one doesn't like the game, why then buy it later because of an aspect one likes in an EP? Isn't one still required to buy an entire basegame one didn't like?

I didn't like the Sims 3 base game, the EPs made the game enjoyable for me. I played it for about 2 weeks then didn't touch it again until World Adventures came out. The more expansions I had, the more I enjoyed the game. So I understand waiting for expansions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2014

@LittleMinxUndr, because if there are elements they feel are missing now, they'll have paid $60 for a base game to sit in their virtual or real game library for six months until a $40 EP comes out that may add enough content to make the game enjoyable for them. If they return it, the base game price may drop $30, so they'll pay $70 instead of $100 to play 6 months from now and have missed nothing, since the game was not going to be played much, if at all, until more was added anyway.

• Options

So what are you saying? That just because one returns the game, then one should never buy it again, even if there's an expansion pack that adds more to the base game?

Actually, I don't think it's a case of either/or. I think it's a case of waiting til there's a price drop and then buying the game at a lower cost so that you don't feel like you got ripped off. In my not-so-humble opinion, EA should have sold this game for around $40 and then made up the difference in DLC. They'd be making money hand over fist, and more people would be buying the base game because it would then be affordable.

But that's just the way my mind works.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    I understand the game isn't for everyone and I respect all who gave game back. But friendlyone want to give you this advice. When I first opened the game, I was wow, where is everything, it was very different. At first, it was hard to figure out and it took me a couple hours to understand the game. Then as I played more, I discovered more, seen small things that are cute, that don't happen unless your emotions change. I figured out what the emotions meant to game, a little more. It's very different. Have an open mind and explore around. It's not like Sims 3. Don't go in comparing it but see it as a different. I think there is a lot to build on with EP's to make the game even better.
  • Options
    *Doesn't understand why people are so eager to discourage others from getting their money back if that's what they want.*
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    *Doesn't understand why people are so eager to discourage others from getting their money back if that's what they want.*

I don't either. This game is not going to be for everyone. My play style is apparently vastly different than others - to the point that a couple of people have told me I play it wrong - but I enjoy it. The people that don't should get their money back.
  • Options

This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread. I'm not telling or discouraging anyone from doing anything!

Excuse me for asking a Sims related question.
  • Options
    PapajPapaj Posts: 32 Member
    People who doesn't like the base game should relax, i pre-ordered diablo 3, when people were freaking just like the people who dislike the game but the thing they don't understand is the game will change heaps from now till next year or till the first expansion's....
  • Options
    I know people are going to return this game regardless of this thread or not. Just like people bought the game regardless of the reviews. One thread is not going to discourage them from doing what THEY want to do.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I'm just glad I didn't whip out my 60 bucks in the first place...
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    But there is no guarantee that they are going to bundle games.

What planet? They Always bundle. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    I understand the game isn't for everyone and I respect all who gave game back. But friendlyone want to give you this advice. When I first opened the game, I was wow, where is everything, it was very different. At first, it was hard to figure out and it took me a couple hours to understand the game. Then as I played more, I discovered more, seen small things that are cute, that don't happen unless your emotions change. I figured out what the emotions meant to game, a little more. It's very different. Have an open mind and explore around. It's not like Sims 3. Don't go in comparing it but see it as a different. I think there is a lot to build on with EP's to make the game even better.

That was the impression I had too. The gameplay got more interesting the longer that I played it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

There are lots of reason. One they may change things with patches. Two, they may actually fix the many bugs over in Crinrict's bug list, and three bundled. That is a better deal in the long run.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone who answered. I appreciate it. If people are discouraged to return a game because of this thread, then that's pretty sad. -_-
  • Options

This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread. I'm not telling or discouraging anyone from doing anything!

Excuse me for asking a Sims related question.

First of all, you asked the question to begin with, which is asking people to justify their choice. Second, you offered an alternative which negates their first choice and, in turn, implies that they're making the wrong choice. You may say that you're not trying to discourage anyone from doing what they want to do, but in fact, that's the message you're sending, and others are falling in line with you.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm beating a dead horse, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting a refund, and later on, going on to buy the game when it's at a cheaper price. They already know what they're getting, but at least this way, they won't feel ripped off, because it's not full price. There's really no need for anyone to keep a game in hopes that they'll grow to love it further on down the line.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!