Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soooo Pools - How much time do your sims actually spend in them?

Comments

• Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I only ever added pools to fill extra yard space, so I don't really care that they're gone. The toddlers, though, I did sincerely love, but I'm not flaming mad over that either, 'cause I have both TS3 and TS2 on my computer and can just play those if I miss the toddlers that much. :P
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ShySimmer88ShySimmer88 Posts: 327 Member
    Meh I don't care about pools...but you touch my toddlers I get a little stabby! They were so cute!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, it depended on the sims traits and how much money they had to have one in their yard. Like in Sims 3, only the athletic and ones that loves to swim sims were really the only ones wanted to use the pools (though they they more likely to get wishes to swim in ocean or jogging or some other exercise. Keep in mind, this was with Island Paradise). The non athletic sims that didn't have the love to swim trait or sims that didn't have a lot of money for there house rarely used pools, if at all. They never got wishes to go the the pool so I never took them to the public pools.

If it was just pools with base game and not the items that came later on, I rarely had them use them as they were kind of boring to be honest. Seasons seemed to have most of the pool items and Island Paradise had the pool bars and water slides.

So I figured either way, I wouldn't be too upset personally as I would probably had to wait for items and interactions before I can make full use of pools.

As for toddlers and babies, to be honest, I often aged them up fairly quickly. The children had the more fun interactions (plus less annoying as the older sims didn't have to spend all their time caring for babies and toddlers....meaning I didn't have to spend all that time watching them or forcing them to care for them. I often go bored) with playing make believe and pretending to drive cars or pretend to be a king or queen or go on a submarine adventure. Though a lot of items that they had that make the game more fun for them didn't come until Generations I believe.

I might not have minded toddlers so much if they actually did a lot more on their own, like got into trouble and things to make the game more interesting and fun and less of a chore. This is just my personal opinion and I can live with or without them.

Maybe I would have different feelings if I didn't start with Sims 3 and the base game for it. It was kind of a disappointing game as it lacked a lot.

Edit-I don't remember sprinklers, but I had this slip and slide thing and none of them would leave it alone. They would use it all the time.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Caszidy215 wrote: »
    I was just talking to my sister and an interesting thought came to me.

People are like "oh my god there are no pools I hate EA" or whatever and like honestly sims never really did much in pools. In fact, most pool related features didn't come out until Island Paradise.

In all sim reality pools actually SUCK!!

Oh and toddlers.. I like toddlers but - they suck too. They don't do anything. Well they do now since Generations but before that - Who actually said "Oh my God I can't wait until my baby becomes a toddler.." If you did you're boring and obviously your sims are lame :# . Just joking but no really...

You suck.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote: »

People are like "oh my god there are no pools I hate EA" or whatever and like honestly sims never really did much in pools. In fact, most pool related features didn't come out until Island Paradise.

Oh and toddlers.. I like toddlers but - they suck too. They don't do anything. Well they do now since Generations but before that - Who actually said "Oh my God I can't wait until my baby becomes a toddler.." If you did you're boring and obviously your sims are lame :# . Just joking but no really...

You suck.

Thats really harsh and rude. @pguida

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    pguida wrote: »

You suck.

Thats really harsh and rude. @pguida
    pguida was harsh and rude? Not hardly.
  • Options
    KittiezKittiez Posts: 47 Member
    I used to put pools on every lot I built..but then that';s all my Sims ever did. Random passersby would jump in the pool when I didn't want them to be there. TBH It's been a long while since I put a pool on a Sim's lot.
  • Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    pools make big mansions look really nice
  • Options
    thechampishere81thechampishere81 Posts: 42 Member
    I liked to do legacys so I will miss them it will seem wierd to have a huge mansion after a few generations but no pool.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Never except in hotels
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    people will complain about anything really. :-/
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    hannmacyhannmacy Posts: 558 Member
    I only want pools cause watching dogs swim in them in TS3 was cute as hell!!!!
    tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alorapop - It's not us idlely complaining. Then ask the OP why ask the question if we are not supposed to answer it. We did not just choose to come into any random thread talking about pools. Read the title of the thread. We are all simply responding as asked - our own views on pools and our sims.

Hannmacy - did you have a mod for dogs to swim? Sims 2 they could swim in pools, but in Sims 3 they couldn't. I didn't use mods in Sims 3 so my pets never went near the pool. The few times I saw they tried they walked on top of the water. It was funny.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I almost never really use pools. I feel like once an expansion pack that introduces weather comes around, they become useless because it's only summer a quarter of the time then, unless you turn the seasons off, or make summer last way longer than all the other seasons. And in TS3, summer was especially annoying, because it rained constantly. At that point, it's like... Why even bother?

I can only recall one time where I actually built a pool and used it, and that was when Island Paradise came out. Just because I thought the new decorations (like the waterfalls) and the pool mattresses looked really awesome. And they were. But that's not enough to make me angry that pools aren't included in the base game this time around.

I do understand where other people are coming from, though.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I barely used them but that shouldn't matter. I enjoyed playing toddlers but others didn't. Just like I didn't use pools extensively but to others it was a crucial part of their home.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I never really used pools, I never built any pools for my sims because all of the sims would swim at awkward times and miss their bus/carpool/visitors.
  • Options
    AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member

I was upset about pools initially. Then I got to thinking, "How much did my sims REALLY use them?" And truthfully, not an awful lot. Not in Sims 1, 2, or 3. They were usually just too darned busy! So, at this point, I am no longer upset about it.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Not much, but they were a good excuse to have my sims on swimwear , and gained athletic skill points on top of that! Pools were a very minor part for me, but honestly, I don't miss them THAT much.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    I care a little for pools, but it's no big deal to not have them yet. I can wait. I hope they add more interactions in them.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    Scrufficus_Scrufficus_ Posts: 197 Member
    The actual creator of the Legacy Challenge seems to like TS4 just fine and is creating a new challenge for the game so it's not like your old play style will work anyways? Do you magically know what the new rules are? You legacy players need to calm down and realize that your playstyle is still in tact and might be a bit different. God forbid!
  • Options
    AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member
    I only played "The Legacy Challenge" once. In Sims 2. I still play mainly Legacy-style, but not exactly like it.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

Pools - my sims are using them a lot because they are mermaids cast away from island paradise.
    Toddlers - Toddler are cute, I always love them. The minimum days that I set before they age up is 7 days. Since I read the news that there are no toddler in TS4 base game, I appreciate them more and play them a lot more.

The thing is what you think is suck it's not for others.

Is there any feature that you like the most in the sims ? What do you feel if that feature taken away ?

I don't like vampire and alien in the sims. It won't matter for me if there is no vampire or alien in TS4. However you won't find me create a thread telling that vampire and alien are suck and I am glad they are gone.
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2014
    I only used pools as a decorative object in my house builds. It seems like the fountains serve the same purpose in this case.

I bet they will eventually add them back in. In fact, I don't mind waiting because then they will be introduced with some actual functions, rather than just "Swim Here" which was pretty pointless.

EDIT: And reading some other posts I just remembered how the sims in Sims 2 never seemed to want to do ANYTHING else other than swim! Seriously, my pool was always full and I thought it was kind of stupid, actually.
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Used them sometimes, not always. Will miss the "option" of having one or not. Don't like being told what i can and can't have in my game.
  • Options
    Scrufficus_Scrufficus_ Posts: 197 Member
    icftldu wrote: »
    Used them sometimes, not always. Will miss the "option" of having one or not. Don't like being told what i can and can't have in my game.
    It's not YOUR game, I didn't know the franchise was just for one customer