Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Reason Why You're Buying TS4 (Positive Thread Only)

Comments

• Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ah! There are so many unique replies that make me so impatient for TS4- Why does 1 month have to 'be' so long?!
    If you ever have anyone in doubt of the amazing-ness of TS4, lead them to this thread! :mrgreen:

I hope people will keep adding to this thread (or another one discussing pro's of TS4) even after TS4 is released, so as to convince more people to be happy... :D
    Kudos to Whovian97 for creating this thread; I'm sure lot's of simmers will benefit from this. :lol::) :-) :D :thumbup:

(I originally wrote this around 3 hours ago, but forgot to submit, losing my original data-- no biggie, just an excuse to write again.)

Also, I'm sure other Simmers who have received the Sims 4 CAS Demo, will probably be able to list up a gallon of things they enjoyed from actual experience.
  • Options
    Just thought that this post needed to be looked at again after about a month...
    What is everyone thinking about all the new news that happened in between this month? E.g. Gamescon and Creators Camp. :smiley:
    And finally, after a whole month of inactivity: Bump. :#
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The One reason for me is basically because it's the sequel. The main rational reason however, is that it looks more alive and fun than the dead The Sims 3.
  • Options
    katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    I preordered because SIMS!!! I feel saying SIMS is a valid reason because the games are awesome and I have full confidence Sims 4 is no different.

What I'm looking forward to the most with The Sims 4:
    Emotions!
    Love the aesthetic style/graphics!
    Build mode!! omg build mode
    CAS!! CASCASCAS!!
    The gallery!!
    The worlds are beautiful!!
    There are actual goals now.. now fun is that?!
    NO MORE OPEN WORLD!! I loved them but I'm excited to start fresh without them.
    They redid the time system.. its about time!! No more hour to pee?? YAY!!
    There is an object resizing cheat. Enough said.
    The bills system.. I love playing no cheat games.. I need this new system in my life.
    SIMS 2 STYLE CC!!! I miss all the great stuff people with wonderfully creative minds were able to put out and I just know its coming back. YAY!
    Animal hats!! I never used hats before because of the hat hair. Thats not a thing now. THATS NOT A THING!!!
    Unlockable lots!! How totally cool is that?!

Somewhat unrelated: The Prima Guide. I can't wait to geek out with it.

In short. I'm a bit excited.
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Looking for something new, and I like the look of what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    eMoTiOnS.... no lol though they do intrigue me build mode sold me, so that is my #1 reason. I have many others though as well :)
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Because i found a copy for €30 and im a sucker for a bargain
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited August 2014
    oh gosh its hard to pick one reason. One is that they have stuff that in the sims 3 store in the base game such as the cowplant and the voodoo doll. Plus they have the monkey bars back from the sims 2. Plus i love that the babies have onesies now~ I love how the sims look now. i love the build mode where you can click and drag rooms. even though there are more loading sceens but they are faster like the sims 2 and 1 :) i love that you don't have to choose the between the hat you like and the hair you want now! which makes me really happy!
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's a fresh new take on the game yet it really reminds me of The Sims 1. Also because it looks like it runs really well compared to 2 and 3.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Holy threadnecro, batman.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Katluvr23Katluvr23 Posts: 62 Member
    I guess the main reason I'm buying TS4 is because of how much I love playing TS3 and I'm really excited for the next game in the franchise. Some things I'm looking forward to the most are:

- enhanced building tools and new decorative items and furnishings
    - enhanced CAS that allow for more unique sims - I love the CAS demo and I expect the final version will be even better
    - new worlds to explore
    - new animations and humor - I love to tell stories with my sims and with the emotions system I think there will be a lot of potential there
    fbf558f2-449f-46db-84d1-70ee1207be24.jpg
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    The huge sale on Origin four years from now when they bundle the base game with a bunch of expansions and sell the whole lot for $10 is why/when I'll be buying. :D
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I didnt even realize this thread was so old. I'm curious how the responses will be now that a month has passed.
    How do you feel about the Sims 4 Stormkeep?

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    To play out my family's (I have created) story. :smile:
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    The reason I want it is because the vibrant neighborhoods, the ability to move between worlds, sims with emotion and personality, it isn't hard to make an attractive looking sim, and personally, I think the grim reaper looks awesome in ts4 and I'm a major grimmy fan ^.^
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I didnt even realize this thread was so old. I'm curious how the responses will be now that a month has passed.
    (Although I'm not Stormkeep ;)) I'm actually quite surprised...
    It seems that everyone is even more positive then when the thread first started; and I say that even though there are dozens of hate threads swimming around the forums. ^.^
  • Options
    outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    joop123 wrote: »
    because it looks more alive and awesome! :)

as well as this picture: thesims4-3.jpg

Wow was the Sims 3 really that bad. The Sims in Sims 4 look so much alive.
  • Options
    There's many reasons am buying the Sims 4 so am just going to try and sum it up like this. The reason am really looking forward to the Sims 4 is because it reminds me of the Sims 2 which I loved and was addicted to.
  • Options
    AM35502 wrote: »

It seems that everyone is even more positive then one the thread first started; and I say that even though there are dozens of hate threads swimming around the forums. ^.^

I agree! I see a lot more positive posts than negative lately. I sincerely hope the people who are so disappointed get their faith restored. I think it's sad there are so many disappointed simmers. Not in like a bashing them way I mean I'm sad for them that they are so disappointed. I hope they are able to enjoy the new game as much as I'm sure I will.

• Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I can't wait to get in game and start taking pictures, playing my family out and posting pictures to my report thread! I want to make someone punch that unicorn!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    I'm a lonely person. I need friends. Sims are my friends, they never back-stab me like real life people. :heart:
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Because i want my opinion about the game to come from ME playing the game, not watching someone else play it.
  • Options
    AM35502 wrote: »

It seems that everyone is even more positive then one the thread first started; and I say that even though there are dozens of hate threads swimming around the forums. ^.^

I agree! I see a lot more positive posts than negative lately. I sincerely hope the people who are so disappointed get their faith restored. I think it's sad there are so many disappointed simmers. Not in like a bashing them way I mean I'm sad for them that they are so disappointed. I hope they are able to enjoy the new game as much as I'm sure I will.

Exactly. I wasn't a player that really roamed through the Sims 3 Forums when it was released, but I heard that it also got a lot hate; maybe, just maybe, the same thing will happen to TS4, people will hate it, see it in play, then be a bit more optimistic.
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Because i want my opinion about the game to come from ME playing the game, not watching someone else play it.

Well said.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'm buying TS4 because I've spent well over 20 hours in the demo and having recently gone back to TS3 after many days consecutively and exclusively in the demo I was mega disappointed in TS3 so I hope my feelings from the demo will hold strong in the full game
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||