Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Reason Why You're Buying TS4 (Positive Thread Only)

ยซ1345
I want to see everybody's reasons for buying TS4. Just a little something to maintain the excitement and keep the forums as positive as possible.

My reason for buying TS4: The beautiful graphics! :mrgreen:

NOTE: Please no negative comments on this thread. If you'd like to post negativity on the forums then please do so in your own topic explaining the reasons why you're not buying TS4. Thanks!
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    because it looks more alive and awesome! :)

as well as this picture: thesims4-3.jpg
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2014
    joop123 wrote:

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am buying The Sims 4 because I think the Sims in The Sims 4 will be more alive and funner to play with. Sure there will be loading screens but that isn't going to bother me at all, I'm hoping it will feel kind of like fast travel to me. I am going to miss toddlers but that isn't a deciding factor either and if they get added in later then great. I'm buying the game knowing full well that toddlers might not even come back so I wont be to disappointing.
  • vogueliciousvoguelicious Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can't do just one reason ;)
    I'm excited for the UI, it looks so clean and crisp.
    I think we will all have to see it in action before being amazed, but from what we've been told the Sims are a lot smarter and more alive. I can't wait to see that. I usually have to micro manage my sim cause she can't function on her own in TS3. I've never felt too immersed with TS3, as much as I love playing it.
    The Sims 4 looks like an all round improvement to me. The CAS, the build system.. All looks amazing.
    I'm happy for a loading screen, I never cared for open world.

I don't think I've been this excited for a game, other than Diablo 3 haha.
    I'm always checking twitter for any Guru updates... #demoless but I can wait until it's released for all.

:)
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am so excited for the graphics as well. The colors and motions seem so fluid and alive and not dingy and run-down like The Sims 3.

Also, I'm excited to see them focused on households instead of the world in this generation of Sims. The open-world concept was great but the idea of being with my Sims seems to go back to the roots of The Sims which is what I'm excited about.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Whovian97 wrote:
    joop123 wrote:

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!

Um, that first one looks like it was a picture taken in game. And the other one is very likely to be highly staged and edited.. But it does have a,point, the game does seem to be promising more alive sims.
  • KloverNevermoreKloverNevermore Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I have more then one reason, but the biggest reason is because it's new. I have high hopes that this new spin to the series is going to be wonderful and charming. I love all 3 versions, I hope 4 takes it's place as number one in my heart and knock 2 off the pedestal I have it on.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Love the new CAS and Build mode. Like a lot the fact elders look like real elders actually look finally.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited July 2014
    I have more then one reason, but the biggest reason is because it's new. I have high hopes that this new spin to the series is going to be wonderful and charming. I love all 3 versions, I hope 4 takes it's place as number one in my heart and knock 2 off the pedestal I have it on.

hpclap_zpsaacbb141.gif
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Love the new CAS and Build mode. Like a lot the fact elders look like real elders actually look finally.

Yes that is a really good reason! They really do look old!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    wrestler2_zps7b091fdc.jpg

<3HIM <3

There's one reason
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    They look old, but they also do not turn into a totally different sim the minute they have the elder birthday. That used to totally freak me out in Sims 2 and 3 - as elders I know look pretty much the same the day before 65 and the day even years after aging. It has been a standing complaint I have always expressed with the Sims especially since sims aged. So I am glad that finally got addressed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really want to see how the oft-touted emotions actually play out. Philosophy of mind is something of an interest to me and The Sims series is the only one I know that really lets me explore different aspects of that.
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying on day 1 because I'm head of writing and proofing for LivingSims magazine and feel that I need to be able to review new features for the magazine for the base game at the very least :mrgreen:

That being said, I'm also feeling much more positive about the game on a personal level after having done a lot of reading about it over the past week or so. And the early development of modding tools is quite promising as well...

Also, getting back into TS2 a bit with the release of the Ultimate Collection allayed some of my misgivings about all of the loading screens. My new outlook on loading screens is that they are not NEARLY as bad in a closed world like TS2 as they are in TS3 even with EVERY SP and EP installed.

(Sorry - that was more than one reason :oops: )
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    Reason 2: The sims 4 has the option to visit/Move to other worlds! i think that is awesome! :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    joop123 wrote:
    Reason 2: The sims 4 has the option to visit/Move to other worlds! i think that is awesome! :)

Yeah, that too. I think we got that functionality in TS3 later on (or was it a mod?) but it was a bit too destructive. As they start releasing EPs and worlds that feature could pay off really well.
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since I am a huge fan of The Sims in the past I don't mind to try out the new game from time to time. Yes there will be times I don't touch it for months but then I will start playing it again and again.

So the reason I am getting it is because I am a fan of the series.
  • MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like how every action has a reaction even longterm effect for the sims! I also love the graphics it looks more alive! Sims now have to really think about the choices they make because those choices can effect them. Its not about meeting their needs and aspiration anymore its much more than that! They show and have real moods now that can be effected even by the sims around them just like it would be in real life! They also walk with personality and not robotic anymore! The sims 4 makes it feel like they are alive! The sims 4 is an upgrade form the sims 3! I really want to play it now!
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am getting it because the game looks alive and fun again. The sims are not robots and there is a lot of potential for unexpected storytelling to happen. All my other reasons are listed in my siggy! :thumbup:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where do I begin? I have been playing Sims 2 and 3 since they first came out. The lag seemed to worsen over time. And I started playing Sims 2 again also. I kind of feel like the time between the loading to get to another lot in Sims 2 and the time it took my sims to run, walk or drive to another lot in Sims 3 was almost equal. If it means easier gameplay I am in. I have the demo and I have been having a lot of fun creating characters. Also nursing instead of just bottlefeeding. That's a new one. There are so many things thins I am looking forward to. A month is way to long!!
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited July 2014
    Build mode is what finally sold me on it, though I'll wait a little while to get a full idea of the capabilities.
    Writin_Reg wrote:
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm just excited that The Sims 4 is FINALLY here. I got bored with TS3 really fast
  • Princess_CarlyPrincess_Carly Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have more than one reason:

The Sims seem much better looking to me. I've been disappointed with the Sims from TS3 since the day the game first came out - the hair etc is just ugly.

It's new and different - I've been pretty bored with TS3 and how glitchy it is for a while so I'm excited to try something different.

Can't wait to try building houses and I really like the idea of the gallery.

Discovering new features that they havn't told us about - always so much fun finding something new!

Hurry up September 4th!!!

• AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm looking forward to how these emotions work! I'm looking forward to weirder Sims. This is something I've been wanting for a long time to be honest.
  • NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2014
    To play with genetics! Create some beautiful offspring!