Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 is HARD!

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    I never really played Sims 2 until they released the Ultimate Edition on Origin. It is amazing. I really wish Sims 4 had the gameplay of Sims 2, with the extra details of Sims 3 (the traits, new skills, self employment). My Sims2 Sims are so much more fun to play and they seem to do a lot more autonomously.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Don't forget about the Aspiration benefits. They can have a Second Aspiration, perks like less hungry, tired, social- and a benefit for their Aspiration. Knowledge Sims can get abducted easier and learn faster while romance Sims get a special interaction. :)

It will help if someone is sick and there's a family Sim in the house, they can make Comfort soup to make everyone better. :D
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I started playing TS2 again a few weeks back and there were times where I'm thinking "This was so much easier on the TS3" but I think that's what made the game so much fun because you had to actually work to keep your sims alive.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BigDogBigDog Posts: 28 New Member
    That's why I don't like it. I'm always focusing on the dumb motives and I can never achieve their aspirations and I end up with aspiration failure. I hate it, the speed of their motive decay makes it unplayable for me. You try to go to a lot, but by the time you get there your sim has to pee and is moaning about their hunger.
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    BigDog wrote: »
    That's why I don't like it. I'm always focusing on the dumb motives and I can never achieve their aspirations and I end up with aspiration failure. I hate it, the speed of their motive decay makes it unplayable for me. You try to go to a lot, but by the time you get there your sim has to pee and is moaning about their hunger.

I promise, you'll get the hang of of it! And it's so satisfying when you do! Like when you can FINALLY afford a good bed! So much happiness! And a good shower!

• Options
    UnibroUnibro Posts: 68 Member
    I had the misfortune of not being able to get the Ultimate Collection for Sims 2, so, y'know, never got to experience it. But, from what I've seen, it doesn't look as hard as the Sims 3, or the Sims 4. But, then again, I'm holding myself out for The Sims 4 with watching only bits of Sims 4, so... yeah.. but, I still don't think it looks THAT hard.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    Without cheats yes,it is rather hard. still remember the first time i played when it came out. i just had the base game at the time. but then i started using cheats about 2-3 EP's in and now i cant play without them lol sometimes i SO miss not using them and so ill try hard not to and set challenges for myself. but i agree with you 100% on everything. thats one reason i have high hopes for the sims 4. i personally have a strong feeling that it will be built into a foundation like the sims 2. slightly empty to start but will become full and engaging and fun.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    BigDog wrote: »

The Aspiration rewards help with that. if you have that EP? they have one for sleep,hunger,fun and stuff like that. if you use those,i notice over time that their needs decay slower. and if you think thats bad lol you should play the sims 1 with no cheats. oh man -_- i literally couldnt play it without some form of mood booster.

• Options
    Tensai_ZooTensai_Zoo Posts: 109 Member
    @LovenVincent cheats to handle the game?? pls uninstall :P
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Tensai_Zoo wrote: »
    I've never used cheats in Sims 2, nor in Sims 3 except to get that collecting machine. Cheats make it too easy :P
  • Options
    Tensai_Zoo wrote: »

I was replying to the OP and agreeing that it is hard without cheats. and no thank you,i like my game as is :)

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I have some tips! I do this for all my sims. Make them learn Phisiology on the bookshelf, that'll make their sleeping need decay much slower. Plus, on the lifetime points tree, always give them all 4 points on the first row, it helps a lot and makes their needs decay a bit slower!
  • Options
    FireTurtleDreeFireTurtleDree Posts: 217 Member
    You guys really make me want to play TS2 again. If only I knew where the instruction manual was for the code.
    tumblr_nckjliRXNC1snt5qfo2_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    You guys really make me want to play TS2 again. If only I knew where the instruction manual was for the code.

I have a code you can have
  • Options

I have a code you can have

Aww, thank you :) (But are you sure it would work?)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you can actually just google one lol any code works. you can use them as many times as you would like on as many computers :) If you want mine it is CENW-D3PM-VJD8-U6FV-3T24
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    it's only hard if u don't know how to play it! my so called friend gave up trying to play TS2 because she didn't know how to play, I taught her several times and then she'd ring me up every 10 mins and ask this and ask that, and end the end I got so annoyed at her, that do it felt I had to change your nappy too, seriously, I showed her like a dozen times and still doesn't understand how to play TS2, then she got TS3, and still the same scenario, I had to teach her the basic controls even though there was already a tutorial in the game, but noooo, she wanted me to sit next to her and watch her play, it was like watching a dead fish rise from the dead, I got so frustrated and bored and in the end I told her that this game is not for you, if u don't know how to play this game by now then quit and continue playing easy games like facebook-seriously, TS2 is easy, TS3 is easier and she quit because I wasn't there to hold her hand and teach her the basics, so when I left her alone before she quit, I thought she was going alright and then she quit cos she couldn't build a simple wall on the empty lot after I showed her 10 times, she kept on saying(like this?, like that?, please show me), I got so frustrated that I said nope, go and play something else, this sims game is not for u! It's really not that hard, if u practice and practice, it becomes easier, but apparently not for the stupid, and this is the same when TS4 comes around, so I told her just today, I ain't teaching u how to play TS4! if ya don't know how to play by now, then give up, don't bother! don't look at me to hold your hand missy-no way I will not do this again! rant over! :smiley:
  • Options
    you can actually just google one lol any code works. you can use them as many times as you would like on as many computers :) If you want mine it is CENW-D3PM-VJD8-U6FV-3T24
    It didn't work
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I hope The Sims 4 does have those same challenges and difficulty as The Sims 2. For me I felt more accomplished when completing those everyday tasks etc
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    With TS3 I never remotely worry about leaving it running if I'm away from the computer for a bit - I seem to remember leaving the game unpaused in TS1/2 usually resulted with half my sims on the verge of death o.O
    Once I left my sim for a while - he was inventing - when suddenly I heard a lot of dreadful screams coming out of the computer. I was just in time to watch the grim reaper taking him away, he burned to death. But it's true, your sims won't die of hunger when you got free will activated. If you don't they will die eventually of course, if leaving the game is the way you want to play it ;-)

As I said, Sims 3 just is a different kind of game than the prequels. It isn't about surviving, it's about providing you with all kinds of ideas and ingredients you can use to create lifes and story's. To me that's as close as it can get simulating a life.
    There is a real game element as well: when I start with a sim they are completely basic. At the time I leave them (I play a legacy) they are superman, with a lot of skills, their lifetime wish fulfilled and a lot of lifetime rewards.

Now, if surviving is your idea of playing I can understand Sims 3 is a bore. One can't like every game there is out there.
    For me it was the other way around. I quit playing 1 because it was all about surviving and nothing else. "When can I actually start playing" was my reaction and I never felt the urge to play it again.
    That's all it is, a difference in preferences.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    My dream game would be: TS2 gameplay and soundtrack, TS3 graphics and features, with TS4 emotions.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It didn't work

Contact an EA support rep and give them proof that you have the Sims 2. They'll register the game for you, provide you a new code, or they may even give you the Sims 2: Ultimate Collection.
  • Options
    It didn't work

try googling one then. that's what I did before I got my other disk copy and it worked just fine for me. Maybe they changed it after they gave everyone the sims 2 for free but before, it worked.
  • Options
    also, if you want to talk to ea support and need an unused code to get it, I have a university code and a nightlife code that has never been registered.
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think family time was better in TS2 also. I couldn't really ever get my sims to have Sunday movie nights, which I did regularly in TS2. Sunday was family day, and everyone would spend the day together and at night, they'd have dinner, then all get in their PJs, and watch a movie or two in the living room. In TS3, even with free will turned off, one sim would just turn off the TV, while another one would stand and stare. I would have to repeatedly send them back to the couch and they would just not cooperate! For dinner, I'd have to call everyone to the meal, and cancel the action when each sim sat at the table, to give the rest of the family the chance to sit down. Then once everyone was seated with the plate in front of them, I'd select the action to eat. That way everyone would start eating at once. Even still, they barely talked to each other and one would always finish well before the rest, and just get up and walk away.

In TS2, I was amazed watching my current family eat dinner when I was playing last night. The dad was talking and he was turning to each member of the family as he spoke. The kids and mom were nodding, laughing, and interrupting, and then someone else would pick up the conversation. No breaks in the convo....no horrible choking on every other bite.

TS3 had great additions, but they really did take a lot of the gameplay out of the game. I also found that I don't mind the loading screens in TS2. I didn't think I would ever get used to that again, but to be honest, the sims get where they are going faster in the loading screen than they did in TS3, having to drive across town.

Last thing, when I went to the clothing store yesterday, there were two sims already there. One was browsing by the magazines, one was browsing the clothes. By the time I walked into the store and purchased clothes from the first rack, there were 11 other sims there, not including the cashiers, all interacting with one another. A few were even in the back of the shop where the BBQ is. One sim fired up hot dogs and there were so many sims that there wasn't enough for everyone! So my sim fired up burgers and we had a nice ol' BBQ right there behind the clothing shop hehe
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top