Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 is HARD!

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I love the Cow Mascot! They stir up trouble, fight, and prank, and are great fun at home. XD

Also, if your Sim can't cook, have money, and are starving... buy the buffet table. Turkey is filling. Keep some plates in their inventory... put leftovers in the fridge.
    I use the energizer if they have the mood/points. Love the thing. :)

It's so much harder in The Sims to get fun up if they don't have money. First thing I usually buy them is the espresso machine. It adds fun and energy for skilling.

... has the urge to play the Sims now. Dang you forums- I was writing chapter one of my Legacy. *puts in disk* :heart:
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    It's similar to my current game. I'm doing the Land Rich Cash Poor challenge that another simmer has a thread about. I have the same hack/mod. I was upset when my couple kept rolling wants for a baby. I finally let them have one, after I got their 1 room shack built. Danged if Mizzie Fortune didn't have triplets.

When the trips were children, she rolled that want again. Okay, let's see what happens. .... *facepalm* She had twins.

Now the trips are off the Uni, the twins are children and Mizzie is expecting again. I should have let her try while the trips were still home. That would guarantee one baby because there were already 7 people in the house. But NOoooo. Silly me waited for the trips to leave. I'm afraid to go back to the parents because I think they'll have quads.

Oh no... well, good luck, maybe it will just end up being one baby after all!! Are the twins old enough yet to help out if it does end up being quads? Even though in my experience when the poor teens are forced to help out too much with their siblings they have no time for homework and don't do so well at school...
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I love the Cow Mascot! They stir up trouble, fight, and prank, and are great fun at home. XD

Also, if your Sim can't cook, have money, and are starving... buy the buffet table. Turkey is filling. Keep some plates in their inventory... put leftovers in the fridge.
    I use the energizer if they have the mood/points. Love the thing. :)

It's so much harder in The Sims to get fun up if they don't have money. First thing I usually buy them is the espresso machine. It adds fun and energy for skilling.

... has the urge to play the Sims now. Dang you forums- I was writing chapter one of my Legacy. *puts in disk* :heart:

Yeah, the cow mascots can definitely be very funny! But that one though, she seems to target my family sims (and one with the Golden Anniversary LTW- still hoping that didn't ruin my sim's chances of achieving that!), and it's almost like she purposefully breaks up relationships! Evil cow mascot (she is a cow mascot, not a llama), one of these days I think I'm going to have to find a sim suitably evil enough (like, zero nice points) and have them get married, then they can get a hold of a cow plant (she is a cow mascot after all, right?) and start their reign of terror together! And I'm sure the next day a new and equally destructive cow mascot will spawn!

I like to use the energizer too, I'm not sure why I didn't- maybe because the sim in question wasn't in the gold or platinum, so it wouldn't have worked. But the buffet table, I didn't think of that!! Good idea for the future!

My favorite fun item is the pinball machine. Every household has one (assuming they have enough to get it). Because it builds fun quickly, and two sims can use it at once, so it's more social than playing on the computer. I usually put the pinball machine right outside the door, even though it looks silly, so sim kids and teens can go straight to it after school.

• Options
    Also, the biggest cause of distractions on the university campus seems to be some combination of cow mascot/llama mascot/cheerleader getting into a fight. For some reason they all hate each other, haha! And one time the cow mascot even got into a fight with that trainer who shows up and makes people start working out.
  • Options
    I've used the buffet table for the Head Master when their cooking wasn't good enough- way back near the beginning where there wasn't the Gestures to make friends faster. Those are handy, too. :)

Oh, yes- that Cow Mascot is from a Rival University and s/he likes to torment our Sims. I've had them break up a few couples when I wasn't looking. I also found a few cute ones and had them married it- they're messy and mean and fun to play (at the time). I'll have to try another one and see. :lol:

I actually let them look at a picture or a statue- If a group looks they'll talk about it and build social. They can ask another to join them once they're looking at an object. If I just want fun raised I'll cancel the action once they start looking at it. I love the Flamingo and Gnome for this- Visitors love stealing the Gnome and mean Sims will go steal it back. XD

I still haven't had the heart to have a Sim run away from home but I'm thinking about having a Legacy Spare run away. They do come back to turn into Adults... iirc. :D
  • Options
    You just made me want to look up running away on the sim wiki... and yes, they do come back! I never actually did that, even when I first played Sims 2 and WAS an actual teen myself (though not a very rebellious one, haha!) so now I really want to try this out!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I still haven't had a werewolf - none would nibble my Sim's hands. I tried all of the tricks I could find so now I really am going to get one. :lol:

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I had one of my guys marry that stupid llama. Boy was that a mistake! The llama didn't turn out well as an adult. She kept changing into that stupid llama head to go to work. Mind you, only the head and she wasn't in the athletic career.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Oh, yes! The Llama and the cheerleaders wear that when they go to town and visit other houses. It's a hoot Sometimes- to me. :lol:
    The Cow Mascot wears his/her outfit out, too. It's funny seeing them visit their kids in Uni as the old mascots. =D
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I read, long ago, that they are not meant to be matched up. They are technically NPCs and don't do well when you integrate them into a real family or situation.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    @ErnesaT wrote: »
    I read, long ago, that they are not meant to be matched up. They are technically NPCs and don't do well when you integrate them into a real family or situation.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. :)
  • Options
    calluna_vulgariscalluna_vulgaris Posts: 6 New Member
    I definitely think TS2 was more realistic in that it had aspirations as well as fears. TS3 doesn't really have fears--which i don't think is as realistic. For example, a family oriented or nurturing sim in TS3 will always want another baby, even if they have 234235 children already. However, in TS2 it likely would be a fear and there would be a mood consequence for disregarding that fear and making them have one anyway. That seems more like real life--but people could always argue that the sims isn't always supposed to be like real life :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top