Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 is HARD!

SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
I know this isn't TS4 related but there is no TS2 forum anymore. Anyway, I forgot how hard TS2 is! Playing last night and today for the first time in years and wow! My current family consists of two parents and two kids, one toddler, one newborn. Yikes!! It's impossible to keep motives up without cheats and forget having time to make friends to earn promotions! And that's with the mom being a stay at home mom! Only the dad is working. I have to say, as much as I love TS3, everyone here was right. Overall, TS2 is better. It's more challenging, takes more effort, and has far more engaging gameplay. I really hope TS4 is as good. :)
15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I agree. It's one of the many things I enjoy about TS2, and I too hope that 4 is more like this.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Don't forget the time anomalies. Time stands still on community lots when it comes to friend-making, if not usually skilling.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    AHAHAH u can just age up by clicking in the sims 4. It aint gettin harder.
  • katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    I felt the exact same way when I played it a week or two ago. Sims 2 was soooo much fun, so engaging. The Sims 3 never fully had that wow factor the Sims 2 had.
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Oh yeah, it's a challenge. But that's what makes so great. It's challenging, but it all pays off. IMO, all of the challenge in keeping the TS2 sims alive/happy, makes for an enriching gameplay experience. Plus I care WAY more about my sims now, and I get more attached to them.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2014

You could do that in the Sims 3 as well if you purchased a cake.

Also, I definitely agree with the OP. Sims 2 was far harder to keep your sims happy, but in a fun way.
  • athyrmoseathyrmose Posts: 223 Member
    *goes searching for ts2 discs*
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Time needs to stand still so you can sneak out child free for a few hours and no one will ever notice you left. Much needed for ones sanity
    My origin id is sim2011
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member

Also, I definitely agree with the OP. Sims 2 was far harder to keep your sims happy, but in a fun way.

Yes you had to purchase the cake. Here you are just given the option upfront.
  • KeiyalolKeiyalol Posts: 32 Member
    I am also hoping that TS4's difficulty is more aligned to TS2. The open world in TS3 made it way too easy to scavenge for food, collectibles, etc. None of my legacy challenges were really much of a challenge...
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    I'd be happy with a difficulty level some where in between TS2 and TS3 with the fun details of TS2. I think TS4 is going to do just that.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited August 2014

Yes you had to purchase the cake. Here you are just given the option upfront.

Everything's better with cake IMHO.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Agreed. TS3 is no challenge at all.
  • bamcam30bamcam30 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Wow, I never knew people thought the Sims 2 was hard...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes! Love trying to keep the family functioning or not per different household! Party Sims and family Sims- got to make it challenging. My Sims just had Triplets- totally forgot I had that mod it... :crying: lol :mrgreen:
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I wouldn't say it is hard, but sims in TS2 certainly need more attention than in TS3.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    bamcam30 wrote: »
    Wow, I never knew people thought the Sims 2 was hard...
    I wouldn't say that it's hard, but it IS harder than TS3. Just as TS1 was harder than TS2. I love TS2. I've just finished removing TS1 and 3 from my PC. I still play TS2.

• lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2014
    In The Sims my first sim died completely by accident he caught fire, and it was hilarious to watch. More funny was trying to move a sim into that now haunted lot lol! Sims2 My first family death was before College came out and the father died of old age and I actually cried cus I go so attached to that family. That house was a bawling mess when he died and I swear the mama went nuts after he died and then I deleted the bed...
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • bethany1552bethany1552 Posts: 79 Member
    I know right! It took getting used to but once I got the hang of it the depth of it is great. I feel like I can enjoy each game for what it is and play which ever suits my mood. While "harder" it is also worth it.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yes! Love trying to keep the family functioning or not per different household! Party Sims and family Sims- got to make it challenging. My Sims just had Triplets- totally forgot I had that mod it... :crying: lol :mrgreen:
    Sure you forgot you had that mod. >:) Though I think I had a mod that could do quads in TS3. I can barely handle 2 screaming kids in the game. :o

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    What bugs me the most about Sims 2 is how temperamental the Energy bar can be. I'll go to bed at 10pm, wake up fully rested at 3am and be exhausted by 1pm. It's impossible to have any kind of normal sleeping pattern.
  • PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    I agree! I'd love there to be more difficulty like there was with TS2. I must have spent countless hours trying to get gold sales and restocking badges in OFB, and in sims 1 it was practically impossible to get and keep 5 stars in the superstar career, and that's the reason they were my favourite EPs. Hopefully Sims 4 will be as fun to play as TS2 once they've got over the initial bumps of bringing out toddlers and a couple of EPs.

I've been looking forward to the new bill system for this reason, I hope it brings in a little difficulty even after you have that dream mansion.
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    I know this isn't TS4 related but there is no TS2 forum anymore. Anyway, I forgot how hard TS2 is! Playing last night and today for the first time in years and wow! My current family consists of two parents and two kids, one toddler, one newborn. Yikes!! It's impossible to keep motives up without cheats and forget having time to make friends to earn promotions! And that's with the mom being a stay at home mom! Only the dad is working. I have to say, as much as I love TS3, everyone here was right. Overall, TS2 is better. It's more challenging, takes more effort, and has far more engaging gameplay. I really hope TS4 is as good. :)

Now go play TS1 and see how easy everything really was in TS2. For reals. Just try and make a friend in TS1. LOL
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top