Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited August 2014
    EatChees wrote: »

When I don't have adaptive vsync on my card would get up to 150-200 FPS if the game camera was stationary. This was causing my card to get a tad too hot and it smelt like burning hair (Card was replaced although it was not damaged). Is your card a Nvidia card? Or is it ATI?

I have an ATI card (R9 270X), I have wait for vertical refresh set to always on and OpenGL Triple Buffering on too.

Colorist: Oh no of course, I was just kidding. :P I expect he wouldn't do either. I'll be keeping an eye for the next update.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2014
    *double post mess*
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Make that a triple post. Forums hate me. lol
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    theresa_zps93994c93.png

theresa2_zps7ba03c1e.png

ken_zps93e7148c.png

denise_zpsb0578893.png

clara_zps051f236a.png

beatrice3_zpsc1a2e404.png

beatrice_zps1cf9860b.png

angel_zpsaf11cb72.png

All my TS4 sims so far. Tried to post them yesterday.
  • Options
    Emily: Great sims! Oh isn't Angel beautiful! :D
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    25zl4jn.jpg

I have been playing with the demo on and off and just discovered this beauty of a hair style "rolls eyes". Really EA? It looks like something one of the munchkins would have worn lol. Heaven help us. I can't believe this is their idea of an afro.
  • Options
    @LBell Thank you! Sorry about all of those posts - the forums were being difficult!

Haha! Everyone seems to like Angel! I'm absolutely in love with those dogtags. <3
  • Options
    Colorist: I agree with you there. I do like that other one though, the beaded or dreadlock type of hair.

Emily: That is alright, no worries. More eyecandy of Angel. Hehe. :P Theresa is cute with that smile she seems like she'll be a sneaky one!
  • Options
    bishty wrote: »
    Also this is just an aside but the "bro" trait in TS4 is a little sexist, no? Or perhaps not all the way to sexist but if you give a female the "bro" trait, you imply that she's "one of the guys" and that that behaviour is male-exclusive except in a few exceptional circumstances when a woman can prove she's worthy of being in the gang. Maybe I'm taking it a little seriously but it would be nice if they could change it to "sis" for females, or something non-gender specific like "dude" (although even that has masculine connotations) or "jock".
    Also I'm not a fan of the "feminine" walk. The animation is great, that's not what I mean, but giving the "feminine" walk to a man implies that he does not walk like a "real" man, whatever that means, and is therefore somehow "less" of a man. It also implies that that is how "ladies" should walk when in actual fact most women don't have the energy to walk like that all day. It's not even really a "feminine" walk, it's a catwalk walk, which is not a female-only place. Perhaps they could rename that walk to "showy" or something like that.
    Just some thoughts :P

I can understand your point. But, really, it seems like such a small thing. I call people bro all the time. Even women. And I don't even mean it to diminish their value as women, but just as a friendly term. I think the same can be said about the bro trait. It isn't necessarily a masculine thing, but just a gender-neutral way of acting. I almost feel like it would be more sexist to have one called sis. As if women can't act like bros unless they have their own special word for it. It's gender segregation at its finest to split the two.

As far as the feminine walk goes, this is cutesy, over the top sim world, so naturally you're going to have a few goofy, over the top styles of doing things. It isn't implying that all women should walk like that, but it is just exaggerating a walk you very well might see from a woman who thinks she's all that in a bag of chips. There's the tough guy looking walk to balance it all out.

Not only that, but if you're uncomfortable with the gender distinction in the walking styles, there's always the default walk. Good for everyone. Regardless of gender. :)
  • Options
    LBell wrote: »
    Colorist: I agree with you there. I do like that other one though, the beaded or dreadlock type of hair.

Emily: That is alright, no worries. More eyecandy of Angel. Hehe. :P Theresa is cute with that smile she seems like she'll be a sneaky one!

I think I might make Angel in TS3 while I wait for TS4. lol I need him in my life. Hahaha!
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    LBell wrote: »

I think I might make Angel in TS3 while I wait for TS4. lol I need him in my life. Hahaha!

Oh yes please do! Then show us. Hehe. :P
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Introducing my future legacy challenge founder.
    11w7vxv.jpg
    30vovbm.jpg
    2945spe.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AiHaou: She looks lovely!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    MayaRose1138-Thanks for the comment.I love the idea of playing in a desert world and will do that when Logan is done.
    Colorist40-I didn't get fined for the fire because it wasn't quite out when the firefighter arrived and it just made them late getting breakfast though they weren't late for work.
    Emily4331-Your sim looks great!You've got more great sims!
    Sara2573-I hate it when things go wrong.
    bshty-Great pictures!
    LBell-I hope it's just a simple graphic setting issue.
    AiHaou-She looks great!
    I've got to get to work on my world and post my update later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    LBell-I hope it's just a simple graphic setting issue.

Thanks :) It was because I was using a FPS limiter that limited the games fps to 30. Now I removed that the objects no longer 'reload' or flicker when I move around the screen.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    LBell-I'm glad your issue had a simple solution and it was easily solved.
    Here's what I did for today in CAW.
    I got busy repainting the terrain for placing the roads.
    14736322840_26bb856d74_z.jpg
    Here's one side of the river finished.
    14922997045_9649430a7a_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Oh, that's how you do that! Blue titles, yay!

@Bishty: They look good. That sounds like a pretty interesting scenario. It is very tempting, even with as limited as it is now, you can easily imagine how they could fill it out more, and of course after seeing the expressions on the sims in CAS, and tweaking their personality and all that, it's tempting to want to see how they work in a sims world. When I finished butchering Rafael, I was really happy about managing to figure out how to fit his personality into the one aspiration and three traits I could use, once I'd done that, despite the fact that he didn't really look right, I wanted to play him to see what he'd do in sims 4. But there is no game at the moment. And even if I want to, I don't want to buy a game when it first comes out (I know better!), so I'm ignoring that want, and reminding myself they don't even have male lipstick in sims 4. And they don't even have a black robe for sleeping in... yep, it's totally not ready, back to sims 3!

@Celiria: Um, check the old site, I gifted you something off your waitlist that I thought might work...and if it doesn't work, happy 'hopefully you'll use it for something'-mas. :D I'm not sure if the other site gives you any kind of notice on this site about it, or if people are still checking the old site...so...yeah. :D Hopefully that'll help, though I have no idea about any hairstyle help... sorry, it's just really hard to find bangs in sims 3- the closest thing I found was the beehive hairstyle and that's still not going to look right because the ponytail is too low and with a bow instead of a rubber band. So, hopefully someone who knows cc that's not from the Store has seen something closer. :D

@Sara: Oh, that hug! I feel bad for him because he looks so hurt. Hopefully he'll catch some maturity from his sister.

@Colorist: What can she do? Jake already said he couldn't fix it. What he did right in this explanation was give her time to understand that this was bad news, there is no question from his behavior that he is telling her something he'd really really rather wasn't the case...she's already had a little mental time to realize this is a big problem- he didn't just walk up to her and say 'our kid's a witch', he took a little time to wind around and let her mind figure it out. He hasn't even explicitly said that Jae is a witch- but of course he said how he knew- her aura is so full of magic it's a like a neon sign. She already knows from trying to beg Jake to renounce being a witch that he can't, and that for the same reasons he can't stop himself from being a witch, he can't just give Jae an Elixir to 'cure her' and have her be safe. So, because Jake 'beat around the bush' she's already been answered the major pressing and emotional questions that would be first on her mind (Can't you fix it? No, she can't be a witch! You can't have seen that right! Why didn't you know before?!) That doesn't mean there won't be emotion, but because it wasn't an emotional ambush, it won't be an explosion. And there will still be questions.

There actually are a lot of really bad bits of news he could have to give his wife that start with this path- that's why Jake is so shaken up about it...."I'm sorry, our daughter has been kidnapped"; "I'm sorry, our daughter has been eaten by a child eater. Not to worry, she wasn't alive for most of it." ; "I'm sorry, they cleared her of all her personality and memories...I can add personality back in, but not memories..." ; "I'm sorry, they turned our daughter evil and locked her in a cage, teaching her to attack anything that came near, like she was their pet monster...and she did...animals, classmates, toddlers...now that she's rescued, I can fix the whole evil thing...but we either have to leave her with those memories, or remove them...and either one of those options are going to have an emotional cost... I wouldn't normally do this, but I'd prefer to remove those memories for her sanity..." So, basically, he's more horrified by this news than Sun Young will be, because he's been very careful not to tell Sun Young all about all of the risks involved in being a witch....well, as much as he can remember, anyway...he still doesn't remember spilling some of those details while he was out of it at the beginning of the story, telling her about the graveyard visit with Whang.

Oh, you know I'd see it lol. :D Oh, that's pretty cool, having unusually full eyes lol. :D Yeah, sun glasses is the best deal when the eyes are wrong- because really, eyes are kind of a major feature lol. :D

Yes, no matter who is kissing on who, the contract has been taken out, and Shrek's father should have known better. (And what purpose did that kiss serve? Did Barthus think that he could kiss her once and she'd just walk away? Did he think he could kiss her badly enough that her curiosity would be satiated? Oh, is that what it's like to kiss you...humm... yeah, I think I'll try Shrek next...no. He wasn't thinking clearly.) Yes, Fiona should also realize that Barthus, as kind as he seems, was the one who signed her up for marrying Shrek and got both her and Shrek into this mess in the first place...but it doesn't sound like she's ever taken time to think about it yet. She's still grieving for her father, and she's been in a house with a guy who has been on the warpath, and like this fight, has said things to upset her on purpose. Shrek, the 'you're stuck with me' argument is not a strong position.

Well, I don't blame her at all for continuing to play- they just argue all the time, and Shrek won't let her have any peace or time to think, and he's certainly not trying to win her over by never respecting her enough to wait until she wants to talk to him or to listen when she does. Also, he's only made the 'you're stuck with me' argument, which probably leads her to believe that he just wants to continue to make her miserable. Maybe they'll both have some time to think and stop harming each other.

Yeah, that looks unlike hair...it looks like she's wearing a velvet pillow on her head. I've been hoping that one of these advanced games would finally include curly hair in genetics, have been waiting for that since sims 2 promised genetics. But no.

@IreneSwift: Yeah, I was thinking of him and the Landgraab's association with the Morcucorp, but when I re-looked up the quote that made me think they were in league together from way back when I tried adventuring (I've tried it a couple of times, actually, but never with the drive you've got, since they were always peripheral to what I was really wanting to do), I realize now that it doesn't actually link them together lol, it's a between Morcucorp, the Landgraabs and the Illsiminati, they are taking over the world type statement...it was a quote from a local about not being cool with Morcucorp lol, but somehow I'd thought they were all in league lol. :D It's probably more exciting having three different groups to work against each other. I was just trying to talk you into not getting rid of their game because you have so many lol. :D I was trying to inspire you in case you felt that having a family would seem boring after all the adventuring- after all, having a family is more dangerous for an adventurer, because they have more to lose.

Well, not everyone trying to seduce someone is doing so out of any genuine desire- lol- obviously that was his combat tactic. Either that, or he thought of himself as a buff, well oiled warlord and then looked down and realized he's a bandaged monster and just lost it. I think it's funnier the second way. The first makes him seem like he totally knows this lady in her bathing suit is going to win and is trying to pull a fast one lol. :D Hopefully D'ong won't try to hit on Jason too.

Oh, good. :D Then, you'll probably have a little patience with me for a few 'boring' updates before the next bad thing happens to Rafael. :D

@LBell: :D Glad you figured it out, I do hope to see more Wesker/Jackson games in the future, when things are being nicer to you. :D

@TadOlson: Great update. It looks like a very nice river area in desert terrain.

@Emily: Very nice likenesses. (I really wish they could pull off curly hair!)

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Celiria Thanks, I'll do that from now on.

@bishty The games I mentioned are all older games. I don't like the newer ones as much, because most adventure games nowadays have become more about storylines than about logic puzzles. I couldn't care less about the storylines, it's the puzzles that interest me. But here's a demo you can play online for a really cute, newer adventure game that I really enjoyed playing recently: http://machinarium.net/demo/ If you like it, you can buy it at the site as a download, and it only costs $10. It's not as long or as complicated as the ones I mentioned before, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what a pure adventure game is really like.

Milly-Zula's face looks quite realistic. So does Andrea's. The rest of them are all looking pretty good too. My attempt at making my simself was a total failure, but the sim I did come up with looked pretty decent, even though she didn't look like me.

@LBell Are your graphics issues completely solved now? Too bad you didn't think of that before going to all the trouble of reinstalling.

@Colorist40 Shrek still hasn't figured out that what he really needs to do is to apologize to Fiona?! He definitely has a long way to go to make things right, if that is even possible. Poor Fiona! The way he treated her and talked to her this time wasn't really any better than before, and he's never going to convince her that he loves her unless he changes his attitude and behavior a whole lot more!

I agree, that “afro” is really bad!

@TadOlson It certainly takes a long time to make a world in CAW, doesn't it! All I did was to edit an existing world, and that took plenty long enough, although the fact that I left all the existing lots and households in the town while I did it may have made it more of a hassle than removing them and replacing them would have.

@Zabeth0 Angela is collecting so many relics, most of the collections are nearly completed. And Jason and Justice have so few. It's going to be a shame, them having all those nice, expensive houses, and so few collectibles displayed in them, while Angela has so many, but is never going to see the light of day again once she's finished exploring. I'm more inclined than ever, now, to send them back to every tomb to find everything they've missed, so they'll have all those great collections in their nice houses. So, I guess it's going to be a lot longer than I expected before they start their family, but they will still be the same age, so it won't be an issue in that respect.

I certainly hope D'ong Huo won't hit on Jason. That would be even worse.

Yep, just keep those updates coming!
  • Options
    Scottish_LilyScottish_Lily Posts: 2 New Member
    Yay omg I'm sooo glad I found you all lol. I've finally found my way over here from the sims3 site after time away and am shocked to find that the forums have been shut down so thank goodness I found my home away from home again. For those that were in the ~ share stories forum in sims3 ~ I was known as Dream_Walker27 so hello again old friends and to those that I am yet to meet ~ Hello my name is Lily..
  • Options
    Scottish_LilyScottish_Lily Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope everyone is well :)
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Yay omg I'm sooo glad I found you all lol. I've finally found my way over here from the sims3 site after time away and am shocked to find that the forums have been shut down so thank goodness I found my home away from home again. For those that were in the ~ share stories forum in sims3 ~ I was known as Dream_Walker27 so hello again old friends and to those that I am yet to meet ~ Hello my name is Lily..

Welcome Lily
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Also this is just an aside but the "bro" trait in TS4 is a little sexist, no? Or perhaps not all the way to sexist but if you give a female the "bro" trait, you imply that she's "one of the guys" and that that behaviour is male-exclusive except in a few exceptional circumstances when a woman can prove she's worthy of being in the gang. Maybe I'm taking it a little seriously but it would be nice if they could change it to "sis" for females, or something non-gender specific like "dude" (although even that has masculine connotations) or "jock".
    Also I'm not a fan of the "feminine" walk. The animation is great, that's not what I mean, but giving the "feminine" walk to a man implies that he does not walk like a "real" man, whatever that means, and is therefore somehow "less" of a man. It also implies that that is how "ladies" should walk when in actual fact most women don't have the energy to walk like that all day. It's not even really a "feminine" walk, it's a catwalk walk, which is not a female-only place. Perhaps they could rename that walk to "showy" or something like that.
    Just some thoughts :P

Actually they initially had a different phrase that basically meant the same thing but for girls but chose not to use it because it sounded ridiculous.

I can't for the life of me remember what the word was though.

I looked it up. Initially the female version was going to be called "woo girls" but they chose to change it for the stated reason that they felt it was better to keep traits constant across genders.

I would honestly rather be a "bro" than a "woo girl". :p

• Options
    TadOlson: Thanks. Nice looking world so far.

Zabeth: Thanks. Hopefully they will be back soon enough.

IreneSwift: It seems okay at the moment. Slowly installing expansion one by one but trying the game in between installations just to make sure no other issues arise.

Scottish_Lily: Hi and welcome.
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    Emily4331 Well I disagree but I don't think this is the right place to get into a debate about it. I doubt EA'd change anything anyway :P

Zabeth0 Thanks :D I actually have to confess that I did crack and buy the whole game... please don't judge me :P lol

IreneSwift
    Thanks, I'll check that out when I get back (I'm about to go away for the weekend).
    Thank you, that means a lot :D I'm sure your sim was great :P

Just two more sims before I leave to the Land of No Internet for the weekend :P I stumbled across this CAS challenge thing on the website and it said make a sim you'd like to date. Well I made two, for reasons that will become obvious, and here they are :P
    87J0Nny.pngw7UFVaV.pngcg9hXO8.pngK9WsRVQ.png
    I randomised Cheyenne's name but Felix's name is a slight play on an alternative Latin name for a domestic cat, as I'm a huge cat lover :P
    Hope you're all well!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Emily4331 Well I disagree but I don't think this is the right place to get into a debate about it. I doubt EA'd change anything anyway :P

Zabeth0 Thanks :D I actually have to confess that I did crack and buy the whole game... please don't judge me :P lol

IreneSwift
    Thanks, I'll check that out when I get back (I'm about to go away for the weekend).
    Thank you, that means a lot :D I'm sure your sim was great :P

Just two more sims before I leave to the Land of No Internet for the weekend :P I stumbled across this CAS challenge thing on the website and it said make a sim you'd like to date. Well I made two, for reasons that will become obvious, and here they are :P
    87J0Nny.pngw7UFVaV.pngcg9hXO8.pngK9WsRVQ.png
    I randomised Cheyenne's name but Felix's name is a slight play on an alternative Latin name for a domestic cat, as I'm a huge cat lover :P
    Hope you're all well!

Have a lovely weekend! You deserve it for all the effort on those exam results! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top