Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your First Thoughts on The New Forum...

Comments

• Options
    KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    I like it, even the dislike/agree buttons, but at the same time I sense the system could be abused. There are already people spamming to get more "points" and badges. What is the purpose of all that anyway? The forums have a social network feel to it and the background is in-your-face green. I'm a Negative Nacy but overall, not a bad new forum I suppose :)
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
  • Options
    etherealethereal Posts: 107 Member
    The forum feels very tactile. I like it. It seems to work better in my browser. I don't mind the agree/disagree options; they're interesting. I really like the font (that sounds silly). I can actually see it. Oh how I wish I could set the forum time in my settings. I know I can add +/-whatever GMT blah blah blah, but I'm lazy like that. :p
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    tis good. Or at least better :)
  • Options
    KamakaLoKamakaLo Posts: 193 Member
    Its a bit bright but overall I do like it and its a lot faster. I also like the like and lol buttons. :)
  • Options
    rollersk8chikrollersk8chik Posts: 72 Member
    I never really used the old forum, but i find this forum to be easy to understand, i like the like and disagree/agree buttons. the colours are pretty very sims 4 cartoon like theme. Overall I like the new forum.
    Known as the following names >:) Sims Forum: Rollersk8chik | Origin: Jessikalee | Jesaura | Auraya >:)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Overwhelming at first cause there was this new look and I was anxious to see what the forums were going to look like. Going to be honest, I am very impressed with the look.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    The new forum's a little weird... but I like the hearts. :)<3<3
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    I like the new forum. I like that you can easily change your picture. I didn't like that we didn't have the option to change our user name though.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's funky and jazzy, love the lime green auora around it, it's different than just the plain blue and white version like in TS3 site, it's much easier to post and understand everyone's comments! :smiley:
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I think it is great, although I don't agree with the agree buttons
  • Options
    LauriApp wrote: »
    I like the new forum. I like that you can easily change your picture. I didn't like that we didn't have the option to change our user name though.

yeah, I was hoping to change mine too, though I do like my name but I already chose a new name and was hoping to use my new name on here!

• Options
    jacqpinks wrote: »
    I really really like it, I had to disagree with you Gtompkins48 ♥ I am going to love the Disagree button :D
    how did u change your text colour? I want to change mine to purple! lol

• Options
    PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    I like it! It's easy to use I just haven't gotten used to it yet, whenever I am on a new forum it takes me forever to get used to it haha but this is good.

I'd like to be able to change my username though
  • Options
    etherealethereal Posts: 107 Member
    LauriApp wrote: »

Yes, I too like how easy it is to upload a picture, instead of always being forced to upload a sim.

• Options
    MinaInMSMinaInMS Posts: 31 Member
    I'm okay with the agree/disagree buttons... but that may be because I'm already used to them. I regularly visit another set of forums with agree/disagree buttons. I'd like the forum a lot more though if I could figure out how to set the time zones to my own time. Off to play with settings!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I love it! I do feel that maybe the like/dislike could get out of hand down the road; but I really hope that people will use it as a way to show appreciation for helpful posts, etc. Although, this kind of reminds me of the BBS and how they had a system where you can get beneficial Point, I think.. .. or Benes is what everyone called them. Way back -- there was also a "negative" one that would take away the point. However, eventually EAxis got rid of the negative one and kept the Benes.. so people that were actually being helpful could be promoted in the forum. It seems they're going with this system again..

So, we'll see how it goes.

I like the system, but it does worry me. :( I love the layout and can't wait to see what new features they add, etc. I like how clean it is and how easy it is to add lists, etc to your posts. :) I haven't tried adding an image to my message but I hope it's easy as well... and maybe they'll add some features where we don't have to upload them to flickr, or photobucket and can just upload from our computers(?) Probably not gonna happen, but just a thought.. I don't mind the image linking.. just wondering what they might do to make it even easier and more "convenient". :)

The badges are nice -- and I really want to see what they do with our "SimPages". Definitely like the Save Draft button. I don't know how many times I've lost a post caused by some issue with the forum, or my computer randomly losing power momentarily. D;

Cannot wait for Sims 4! Just 3 weeks left! <3
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I really really like it, I had to disagree with you Gtompkins48 ♥ I am going to love the Disagree button :D

Quote me just too look at the BBS code that I have used it will be better than explaining ♥ U will need to find your own colour code though :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    @DorkyFarklepants Check this post out ♥
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Reminds me Facebook a lot - I like it though
  • Options

Quote me just too look at the BBS code that I have used it will be better than explaining ♥ U will need to find your own colour code though :(
    ok, thanku Jac!

• Options
    rollersk8chikrollersk8chik Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2014

Woo coloured writing (in purple) ... thanks @jacqpinks

Known as the following names >:) Sims Forum: Rollersk8chik | Origin: Jessikalee | Jesaura | Auraya >:)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

ok, thanku Jac, I'll try it out soon :smiley:

• Options
    Ashyy_xAshyy_x Posts: 72 Member
    I really like the new layout. The green is a little hard on the eyes, though. I like the idea of the agree/disagree buttons, but some people will definitely misuse them unfortunately. :(
    Origin ID: -TragicAffair
    tumblr_inline_nah35yGcvQ1r5h0tf.gif
  • Options

I'm still in limbo with this colour text, which website did u go to do this, I'm still learning and confused! :blush:
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member

I'm still in limbo with this colour text, which website did u go to do this, I'm still learning and confused! :blush:

Here is the BBCode http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Here is the hex codes for the color you want to use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal_color

They sure didn't make it easy, but it can be done.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg