Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your First Thoughts on The New Forum...

ยซ13456
Sammy58Sammy58 Posts: 42 Member
There isn't a general category for this, so I'm gonna post it here. I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say about these new forums. For me, I think the bright green background is just too much. :s Other than that so far I like it!

Comments

• Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 640 Member
    I like it, I think that it is awesome to be able to voice our comments on the new site instead of waiting for the other forum to come back up. I also like they merged The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 usernames instead.
    Check out my Tiktok channel where I create casual, variety gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! Tiktok
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I really like the forums so far. I really love the fact that users no longer have to jump through a million hoops to get the display picture they want for their profile. That's probably my most favorite thing about these forums.
  • Options
    I'm also happy that the forums give you live updates on when someone replies to your thread, instead of having to repeatedly refresh the page to check. :)

Something I noticed, if above this thread you click on "The Sims 4", it brings you to some sort of weird page with just 2 discussions.
    weirdplacesims4forums.jpg
  • Options
    JoKnowsJoKnows Posts: 20 New Member
    The agree disagree thingys kinda make nervous..
    Forum might go a little meow meow beans. (see Community episode)
    :)
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    I really like the forum so far. It's very simple to understand and I like that we can upload any picture as our avatar.
  • Options
    Aj9706Aj9706 Posts: 18 Member
    I like the forum. Green is a pretty harsh colour on the eye, we see a lot more variants in green than any other colour because it's just so natural. At least that's what I learnt from design classes anyway, not that I paid much attention :s I don't think it's too bad though. I can't wait for more Sims 4 categories to be added though.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2014
    Honestly I love the like/disagree buttons!
    I love love love the fact that it even shows you who clicked what!
    "Ya ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, i clicked disagree, wut r u gon do bout it?!"
    #sassypants #badboysclub #ratchet
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    It'll take some time to get used to, but I do like that it's a lot faster than the old forum.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    It's very............ green
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I love that they are finally mobile optimized. That makes reading on my phone and tablet easier than before. However, it seems so much more cluttered now. There are so many posts on the first page that I feel a bit dazed when looking at it.
  • Options
    @Linnyxx17 Maybe just a touch too green...
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    oooo i see we can agree, disagree, like and laugh at someone's comment. yay its the sims facebook
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    I'm not liking these Agree/Disagree buttons. There already being abused. READ the post instead of just disagreeing with someone cause you don't like them. That is childish and stupid.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    One thing I would like is a link at the bottom of each page that sends us back to the forum list.

Just so we wouldn't have to scroll up every time we're done reading a thread.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I like the forum so far. But how do I add an avatar?
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    I was a little confused with the layout at first but hey I like that I could have my old avatar so whoo.
  • Options
    I like the forum so far. But how do I add an avatar?
    Click on your name at the top of the page, then on your profile, press "Edit Profile" to the right, then on that page click "Change my Picture" in the list to the left.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I hope they take away the disagree but then there will be groups for disagree-ing/agree-ing for badges and so-called-fun. It's what happened on the old BBS. :(
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    I like it :D
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I really really like it, I had to disagree with you Gtompkins48 โ™ฅ I am going to love the Disagree button :D
    Jacqpinks โ™ฅ's The Sims
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I like it for the most part. Still some things to adjust to.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    I like it. :D
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    shebc21shebc21 Posts: 11 New Member
    I like it but I miss my recent button that use to be at the top of the forum. I just needed to push the recent button and I would know what the latest people was talking about, the buttons are now changed to categories, discussions, activity and best of... I think that they are good but can't we have another one added, called most recent posts, or recent. :)
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    I really like the new forum... it's so neat... and I like all the little agree, ect buttons... Im sure they are gonna cause a lot of problems with a lot of the more immature players... but you win some/you loose some lol