Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I am enjoying the demo. Making sims is very easy. It would benefit greatly from a color wheel at bare minimum. The color choices are too limited and not to my taste. Makeup is garish. There should be a opacity slider.

My big complaint and it is a big one has to do with the gallery. I enjoy looking at others work. However there appears to be no filter as to what can be said either in the comments or in the description. I ran across many instances of foul language and experienced 2 instances of being highly offended at what was allowed to be posted. Is there NO FILTER? :# I realize I don't have to read descriptions of uploads or comments made on them. However I can't believe the words that were allowed. If you are letting that type of language through then I expect massive amounts of bullying and insults within a few short weeks. And yes I reported them. But there are some words that should not be allowed to be posted to begin with. If you can't print it in the newspaper and you can't say it on network tv then it should not be in the gallery for a T rated game.

I also am hoping you will give us a way to filter the massive amounts of sims uploaded. There are already many hacked sims uploaded and the demo's only in limited release. I do not want to see bodyless heads, warped sims, naked sims (yes I did see one), and grotesque shapes masquerading as sims. Give me a filter so I can keep that out of my sight while I look for nicely made sims. The top downloads and favorites are just too limited. There should be a filter for hacked/modded sims so simmers who want that can find it and I can keep it out of my sight.

Those two issues made me never want to visit the gallery again. It started out nice but ended up being an unpleasant experience.
  • Options
    Aj9706Aj9706 Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2014
    @SIMGURUHYDRA

Hi! I got a chance to try out the demo so I thought it would be nice to give some feedback too :)

1. What you liked

Well I liked a lot of things, but I think my favourite is the new sculpting type feature, that is pretty awesome.

2. What you didn't like

Well I don't really want to be nitpicky or anything but I didn't like the walk styles. Well correction, I do, but I would have liked to see some more normal, natural looking walks along with the comic type ones in the demo. As these walks are still good to have for lets say a "goofy" sim but I'd like to see a selection of just normal walks, if that makes sense.

3. Suggestions?

Not really other than what I have in my "What I didn't like" section above.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?

So I did notice it was a bit hard to drag some of the features in the new sculpting type CAS, but I think a lot of this is due to my own mouse and mouse pad (In the works of getting replacements).

One thing I noticed in the genetics panel was if I were to try creating a sibling for my sim it works perfectly, however, when I try to create a twin of the same sex, they keep the exact same body type but when it's twins of different sex this differs. I'm guessing this is just a case of an easy way to have identical twins (meaning both would be same sex). So I don't know if this is an "issue or bug" since I could just fix this "twin" up if I wanted them to be different weights or look different if they're same sex, but I think another option to randomise or keep them identical would be a good feature.
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I'm really disappointed by how EA has chosen to distribute this demo. I've loved The Sims since TS1 and bought both TS2 and TS3 on launch day. I won't be buying TS4 on launch day. Why should I when EA obviously is more concerned with posturing for high profile Youtubers & celebrities rather than the fan base that has supported the franchise since 2001?
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    DorkyFarklepantsDorkyFarklepants Posts: 28 Member
    Love love love the new features. Being able to push and pull at the sims face is just awesome, if not a little tricky at first to get the hang of it. The fashion is great if not slightly limited Don't like having only skirts available in evening wear option and no dress slacks, the dardy jumpsuit would also make a nice evening addition. I would like to see things like the earings be available for every outfit including pjs as I personally never remove my jewellery. And males need a one earring option I think. Not being able to have a sim wear reading glasses with evening and sporting wear is annoying, if you cant see without glasses in your everyday clothes then chances are you cant see with a prom dress on either :\ Id like pjs available for anytime of the day...which is fine if they don't autonomously get changed when leaving the house. Id also like to see "layers" available for facial hair, so that he can have sideburns with a goatee beard, or a moustache with a five o clock shadow etc
    Being able to easily pop a premade sim from the gallery/own saves back into your own cas and tweak them is just awesome, I like how the original creator gets an automatic credit (as it should be) but this will be good for those of us who like to collaborate on such things or need help to get the sim just right.

Overall I give the CAS Demo 8Plumbobs of appreciation. Its just Faband I can't wait to get the game as it's just a sneak peak at how hard you guys have worked to give us something fresh for the Sims that we love......even if there is no toddlers or pools ;)
  • Options
    Aj9706Aj9706 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm really disappointed by how EA has chosen to distribute this demo. I've loved The Sims since TS1 and bought both TS2 and TS3 on launch day. I won't be buying TS4 on launch day. Why should I when EA obviously is more concerned with posturing for high profile Youtubers & celebrities rather than the fan base that has supported the franchise since 2001?

You're not going to buy the game because of this? To me that's a really bad excuse. I didn't get the demo in my origin account and I didn't fret too much. There should be a demo released to everyone soon enough, possibly this week. In terms of youtubers, etc. I can understand why EA would do this.

It's marketing their product so a lot of people can see the game on youtube and other platforms. But they did send it out to a lot of people who don't have any social media popularity etc, the reason why this isn't so widely known is the fact that these people aren't widely known themselves.

I think it was just a random giveaway type thing with people like popular youtubers, etc. brought to the top. If I was making a game I'd be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure to do that myself. They want to sell the game and that's a good way of getting it more popular. I don't blame them doing that.

At least we all get the full game the same day, right? (well depending on which country you're from but that's not really EA's fault...)
  • Options
    MassoudMassoud Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey! :D

I think that it will be really nice if The Sims 4 will be able to have a different walking style for each outfit o:)
  • Options
    shebc21shebc21 Posts: 11 New Member
    I didn't get the demo and I was staying pretty positive about it until today. It just feels discouraging. You hear so many wonderful things about the demo and you see simmers doing little you tube videos and they are really enjoying it. A person naturally doesn't want to be left out, especially with all of the fun that is happening. It feels kind of like being the last one picked for a sports team that a bunch of friends are playing in. It isn't a case that you don't understand how or why some people were picked, it is just that you haven't gotten the same privilege. I'm not mad,or upset in anyway, I'm just feeling a little discouraged or let down.
  • Options
    claudette84claudette84 Posts: 115 Member
    I have yet to receive the Sims 4 CAS demo, so I rate that two giant thumbs down. What was it Rachel Franklin tweeted months ago...everyone will be happy? So far, "happy" is not what I'm experiencing regarding the Sims 4.
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    I may buy, but not on launch day. I get that its a marketing technique...trust me (as I went to school for advertising).

Its fine to promote your product but you shouldn't stir up angst among your fan base which this demo distribution has done. I just don't like the way they went about it. I'm not going to buy a product on launch day when I feel salty abut it. I'm glad that launch day is universal, and I will probably buy once the sting over this demo roll out goes away.

Aj9706 wrote: »

You're not going to buy the game because of this? To me that's a really bad excuse. I didn't get the demo in my origin account and I didn't fret too much. There should be a demo released to everyone soon enough, possibly this week. In terms of youtubers, etc. I can understand why EA would do this.

It's marketing their product so a lot of people can see the game on youtube and other platforms. But they did send it out to a lot of people who don't have any social media popularity etc, the reason why this isn't so widely known is the fact that these people aren't widely known themselves.

I think it was just a random giveaway type thing with people like popular youtubers, etc. brought to the top. If I was making a game I'd be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure to do that myself. They want to sell the game and that's a good way of getting it more popular. I don't blame them doing that.

At least we all get the full game the same day, right? (well depending on which country you're from but that's not really EA's fault...)
    Post edited by ArubianaCaliente on
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    slade520slade520 Posts: 44 Member
    2yosnqx.png

She's gorgeous!

She is so pretty!!
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    The one thing I noticed while playing with the demo is that the makeup (eyeshadow, lipstick) hardly show up on the blue/green alien skins. It's very faded, not pigmented like with the regular skins.
  • Options
    slade520slade520 Posts: 44 Member
    tarynkayb wrote: »
    The one thing I noticed while playing with the demo is that the makeup (eyeshadow, lipstick) hardly show up on the blue/green alien skins. It's very faded, not pigmented like with the regular skins.

I think its that the game is not even finished yet

• Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    So I have the demo now....

I do enjoy playing it, and have made many Sims. It has revitalized some excitement for the game.

However, the current color-options are pretty bad. If you're going to remove something as important as CASt, you should've given us tons and tons of color options. But right now it's pretty limited. Custom Content makers shouldn't have to do YOUR job for you.

On a positive note, you guys got it right with the hairstyles. Hair was one of the worst things about Sims2/Sims3. I had to use Custom Content almost exclusively. The hair in the Sims 4 is actually pretty good, and I can see myself using all of them.
  • Options
    emmajeannieemmajeannie Posts: 73 Member
    Love love love the new features. Being able to push and pull at the sims face is just awesome, if not a little tricky at first to get the hang of it. The fashion is great if not slightly limited Don't like having only skirts available in evening wear option and no dress slacks, the dardy jumpsuit would also make a nice evening addition. I would like to see things like the earings be available for every outfit including pjs as I personally never remove my jewellery. And males need a one earring option I think. Not being able to have a sim wear reading glasses with evening and sporting wear is annoying, if you cant see without glasses in your everyday clothes then chances are you cant see with a prom dress on either :\ Id like pjs available for anytime of the day...which is fine if they don't autonomously get changed when leaving the house. Id also like to see "layers" available for facial hair, so that he can have sideburns with a goatee beard, or a moustache with a five o clock shadow etc
    Being able to easily pop a premade sim from the gallery/own saves back into your own cas and tweak them is just awesome, I like how the original creator gets an automatic credit (as it should be) but this will be good for those of us who like to collaborate on such things or need help to get the sim just right.

Overall I give the CAS Demo 8Plumbobs of appreciation. Its just Faband I can't wait to get the game as it's just a sneak peak at how hard you guys have worked to give us something fresh for the Sims that we love......even if there is no toddlers or pools ;)

Just so you know you can have any clothes as any outfit by unclicking the filters just above the clothing selection :) so you can wear glasses with any outfit and have the jumpsuit as party wear etc same for nightwear and jewellery :)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love it, I could spend the whole day creating Sims. It's intuitive, very detailed and super fun to play with.

Nevertheless I think a couple of things should be improved;
    -The eye colours, some of them are basically the same shade and don't match with the sample,they are also very unrealistic in general. The same happens with some lipsticks and eye shadows. I guess this will be sorted out by the time the whole game comes out, or at least I really hope so because it really is annoying.
    -I also find the skin colours a bit disturbing as most of the pale, white ish shades are practically shades of yellow.
    -The tattoos, as much as I love and appreciate that they included them in the base game, I think they are way too limited. Not beeing able to combine most of them nor place them in different body parts (or even change them from left to right arm) gets a bit on my nerves.

Other than that, I am super happy with the Demo and so looking forward to get my hands on the full game!

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    I don't have CAS demo (hope it's released today) but I played it on my friend's computer.

1. I liked the smoothnes of the game, it was set on the highest graphic level and it still ran smoothly and fast :) Sculpting your Sims is pretty awesome but it's not so tactile as I imagined it would be. Aspirations are back! Finally :dizzy_face:

2. I didn't like the lack of CAS't! I was Ok with it in the beggining but when I played the game I realised how great CASt was and you have a really poor choice of colors in the game and it sucks! You could put a color wheel or color slider! Also I didn't like the poor system of traits.

3. I suggest you to put color wheel in the future! Simmers really need it D:
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? None!
  • Options
    OgodeiOgodei Posts: 131 Member
    Love the new CAS. Although options with clothing etc are limited, I actually think this isn't all bad. In some way I like having to be creative with what's there and having too many options & choices can sometimes drive me nuts. When it cuts down on loading times and also makes the game run smoother at the same time, I really have not much of a problem with it.

Apart from what I read what others have already said, I think broad muscular guys look a bit blocky. Also most glasses seem to be floating in mid air and not sitting properly on the nose (no matter which nose and profile shape).

Now I just need a proper beard and messy long hair to recreate my main Sim (see profile picture). Caveman outfit is probably too much to ask for the base game ;-)
  • Options
    DoodleGemDoodleGem Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2014
    There is already different eyelashes, just choose a different eye and pull it to how you want it.
  • Options
    Jess798Jess798 Posts: 1
    I'd love to give feedback but I DON'T HAVE THE DEMO :(
  • Options
    123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    I have the demo myself ( im german so sorry for bad english ) and i can say that this demo is perfect ! i love the clothing and the diferent face bones for the sism faces ( even when its just very little of what wee have in base game) biut it is still good and wee can creat thousend of sims with just the demo ! and even this is just a very little bit of what wee can do in cas with the full game
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    I'm sorry to say that after comparing the Sims 3 with cc mod sliders to the Sims 4 demo, that Sims 3 has more versatility. I would hope they place more grab points in detail mode. The nose is a good example. Just can't get it right with the current options. Has anyone noticed, looking over the catalog that unless extremes exist in a sim, that most of the faces are very similar? To understand what I'm saying, compare a Nina Dobrev effort in Sims3 with cc mod sliders to a Sims4 effort. Can't be done in Sims4. Or Sasha Spilberg, or...

I'm not impressed with the Pixar style. Every smile seems to be a big v shaped smile, no matter how small the mouth or corners of the mouth are curved down. The eyelashes, cmon. The hair, cmon.

I like the direction CAS has taken with pulling and molding parts, but limitations are the result. It needs more work, sorry. But, as with everything else, that is probably not what was intended for Sims 4.
  • Options
    BanzureBanzure Posts: 80 Member
    Will exchange feedback for access to the CAS Demo... Just whenever you get around to it.
  • Options
    Sami-KattSami-Katt Posts: 629 Member
    Is today the day we are all to get the demo? I keep seeing simmers saying 8-12 so I am curious :)
  • Options
    YemMaMaiYemMaMai Posts: 8 New Member
    Sami-Katt wrote: »
    Is today the day we are all to get the demo? I keep seeing simmers saying 8-12 so I am curious :)

You mean 8:00 - 12:00 East Coast time? Cos according to the site I'm on now it's 11:35 over there... we still have a little time...
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    I got the CAS Demo from Origin just now, installed it, but when I run the game the screen resolution is way too wide and because of this I can't use the game. How do I adjust the screen resolution for the game???
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...