Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2014
    Gonzilla wrote:
    Got an email giving me an invitation for the sims 4 demo but it REFUSES to show up in the "my games" section of Origin. If this shows how Sims 4 is going to be Im VERY disappointed. I cant find anything online to help me figure out whats wrong so could you guys help? if it helps these are my computer facts:
    *Operating system:windows & home Premium 64-bit (6.1, build 7601)
    *Processor: Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70 Ghz (cPUs)~2.7GHz
    *Memory: 4096MB Ram
    *DirectX Version: Direct 11

Please guys, I really would like to play the demo as I was promised :(
    I didn't get an email it was just in my origins account today. :shock:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    092496092496 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering if there would be a height slider or click point or something in the sims 4 I have wanted that from every sims game i've played and really hope it will be in this one, But otherwise i like the new CAS.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked
    I really enjoyed using the push and pull designs. It took a bit of getting used to but is very easy to learn and use.

There is a nice variety of skin colors. I like how there are warm and cool colors, much more realistic than previous games. At this particular section, I did not find myself missing a slider or color wheel.

I love the art style. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's fantastic and far better than Sims 3.

The clothing is very stylish and current. I love almost everything and had a hard time choosing clothes, especially since this is only a sampling of items. Here I did feel like I wish there was at least a very basic color wheel. However, many of the items have a large amount of presets to choose from so I'm happy for that. It is just that certain items don't have the color or color combination I would like.

2. What you didn't like
    I can live without CASt, but I wish there was a slider or color wheel for clothing. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

The eye colors -- There needs to be dark blue, dark green, and hazel. I find it very difficult when many of the colors are so similar.

Shorts everywhere! I know this is just a demo so I hope there are more full length pants in game. For female everyday where, there are only two full length pairs of pants and almost a dozen pairs of shorts. I am happy with the color choices for the jeans though.

3. Suggestions?
    Fix the eye color presets. As I mentioned previously, so many of the eye color presets are the same or too similar. We could use some dark blue, dark green, and hazel (but not bright, over-saturated colors).

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?
    I did not. When I first opened it I went into settings and saw it was auto-set for low graphics. My laptop is rather low-end, so I was not surprised. I thought the sims themselves looked rather pixelated, but not surprisingly so. I think it was a fair representation of low quality. I moved up to medium and noticed a large difference. My laptop runs on medium and high quite smoothly. I moved to ultra just to see how it would run and I did hit a couple of snags. I was so surprised with how well it ran considering my laptop specs. I didn't think it would even run on high settings. I was very impressed.

I've only played for a couple of hours altogether. I will make new posts if I notice anything new.

Overall status: Love it.
  • Options
    SimonetooSimonetoo Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    Gonzilla wrote:
    Got an email giving me an invitation for the sims 4 demo but it REFUSES to show up in the "my games" section of Origin. If this shows how Sims 4 is going to be Im VERY disappointed. I cant find anything online to help me figure out whats wrong so could you guys help? if it helps these are my computer facts:

I have had the SAME issue. I have tried live chatting with a rep twice now. First person told me after 30 minutes that it didn't exist yet...um really? So I tried again today. They can't do anything. He suggested I go back to the case file and request a call back in order for someone who MAY or MAYNOT be able to transfer me to the department that is rolling it out because he can't get someone to get a code to me from his group. I'll let you know if it works. The way it stands now, the wait for call back is 43 minutes long. It's frustrating to say the least. Why send it out if there is no way anyone can assist?
  • Options
    batsrcoolbatsrcool Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2014
    After playing the demo for a while, here's what I have to say:

The new method of changing your Sim's features is a lot easier than TS3, mainly because it's easier to tell what you're going to be changing. I don't mind the lack of CAS as much as I thought, mainly because there are enough clothing colors to make up for it. The new art style for the Sims is really, really nice. I do have a few suggestions, though.

Sometimes, the controls seem to do the opposite of what you'd expect- like pulling on a feature makes it smaller and vice versa (ex. head width). Sometimes, this can get confusing. I'd recommend changing this so the controls do what is expected (pulling on something increases the size, pushing on it decreases it)

Occasionally, my hand will slip while I'm trying to change a feature,and I'll end up changing something I hadn't intended to. Maybe this could be counteracted by adding a buffer between the features?

I do like the ability to filter clothes by color... except for the fact that there's no filter for purple. There are purple clothes (although not many), so why isn't there a filter for them?

• Options
    SimonetooSimonetoo Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    Gonzilla wrote:

I had the same thing happen. (not sure where my original reply to you went) After two attempts at live chat, I tried a callback. They really tried their best, but no luck. You are supposed to get an email with the code first, but his was sent a few days after. He thinks this may be the case for us. :-( He did send something up the chain asking for help in order to support those of us that got the invite first, but that's it. He couldn't provide it after several attempts. Gotta give him props. So if I don't get it by Friday, i will call again...just frustrated.
  • Options
    debinsdebins Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I have not had any problems with The Sims 4 demo. Creating Sims was hard for me at first after creating 3 Sims I got the hang of it.

I would like too see eye make up with realistic eyelashes.

Thank You, for letting me try the demo. I am really enjoying it. :thumbup: :D

• Options
    jhub29jhub29 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2014
    WOW!! is all I can say. I only created a single person household so far and I absolutely LOVE it!! You are able to do so much more than the previous version of the Sims. The Sims 4 gives you greater freedom in creating your person exactly how you want them to be. I have only played so far for about 30 minutes, and in that time I did not notice any bugs, or receive any errors. I like how easy and quick it is to save your household and upload it to the community, and also that there is an option to upload to facebook. I will continue to see what other features the demo offers, until the full game becomes available. I for one can't wait until Sept. 2!!
  • Options
    NIKITA256996847NIKITA256996847 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Firstly, thank you so much for the opportunity to play the CAS demo :)
    So far it's been absolutely amazing. It runs very smoothly, absolutely no lagging (which is a major plus over The Sims 3), the whole push-pull system is really responsive, very accurate and a pleasure to use and the cartoony-ish look of the sims is surprisingly a good change that I'm really impressed about. The clothes, shoes and accessories are very diverse and a great selection to choose from. I also really love all the hairstyles! The colour wheel would come in handy, but I understand why it's been taken out and I've come to terms without it as there are so many colour options for everything anyways. I love the new traits system and all the little tid-bits like the name randomiser really help to improve the general feel if the game so far. I also really enjoy the music, it's not too distracting. Also, the gallery is great so far, but I found it a bit tedious as when I added a sim from the gallery to my household, and then went back to the gallery, I had to search through again to find the sim that I was up to. If it was made possible that when going back to the gallery you would arrive to the same place where you left, it would be really helpful.

One other little problem is that when I was on the options menu, I kind of got stuck there as when I went to click the 'x' button, the image behind the options box was responding to the click. I had to use the task manager to then exit the demo. This problem did not occur again but it may be helpful in looking into it.

Overall, it's been a pleasure to try out. I understand all the changes and the removals of some features, and honestly, it's not too worrying for me. I'm buying a game, not creating my own, so there's going to be things that I and others might not be happy about, but in the end, it's not our decisions.

I commend you for this game EA. It's going to be a massive success :)
  • Options
    yazaryaseminyazaryasemin Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Overall, I think theggame will be a great success. I spent over an hour with the create a sim demo and it's amazing! I would have liked more outfits though... :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here is a suggestion for CAS. :D

Since it is more difficult to make things match, there should be a mode that allows us to see all the clothing currently on the sim in the clothing selection user interface. We can then highlight the clothing thumbnails to see what preset colors each items has.

It would be nice if you could toggle a button to show all the preset color choices all at once. This would make it easier to choose from the available colors on your sims current outfit. You could get more creative with the interface to make choosing colors easier.

I mocked the idea up using Photoshop.

I should have expanded the entire color palette, but I think you will get what I mean.
    TS4CAS2014-08-0708-47-49-89.png

The key idea here is making it easier to see all your possible color choices all at once for a particular outfit and eliminate all the jumping around just to select colors. Perhaps we can even save the outfit as a Styled Look. Perhaps you can even educate simmers on color selection theories for choosing color themes or build it into CAS itself.

Color Schemes: http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm
    CASIDEA.jpg

I tried the square color scheme theory. You should let one color dominate, but I have blue and its opposite color on the wheel (yellow) almost equal. The other colors would be red and green. I choose to ignore green and replaced it with black. I used red as an accent.
    TS4CAS2014-08-0710-14-29-92.png

Yeah, I like the idea of having all the outfit apparel and accessories and all the color selections all displayed at once. It makes it easier and more fun to style her outfit.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2014
    I still haven''t got my demo, I guess I have to wait again for the 12th August(when and if it does comes out to everyone else), thanks in advance!

Your loyal fan!
    MidnightPearl ;)
  • Options
    CacklCackl Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have not received the demo yet, I've been hoping to get it over the past week so I could fully explore it myself before I gave some feedback but I'll just have to go off of what I've seen on CAS videos from about a month ago.

I don't know if writing in this thread is the best way to actually get my suggestion heard, but please, if you like what I'm suggesting it would be great if multiple people could voice an agreement so that maybe the Sims team could read this and could even possibly add this in last minute or patch it right after release.

I was thinking about the level of customization that we have in terms of accessories, especially that of earrings, bracelets, rings, and watches.
    I know something that I've always wanted was to be able to choose which ear, arm or hand to place it on.
    So, my suggestion for the Sims team is: make it so that we can choose which ear, arm, or hand to place accessories on.
    I'll give an example: Say I want earrings...1 click on the earring would give me the earring on both ears, 2 clicks on the earring would give me the earring on the right ear, and 3 clicks on the earring would give me the earring on the left ear. And of course you can always click the little X on the box to get rid of it completely.
    For rings, watches, bracelets, 1 click would designate the right side, a second click would put it on the left side, and maybe a third click could even put a bracelet or ring on both hands.

I know people were wishing that males could have just one earring instead of two, and this would enable us to be able to do this. I don't think this would be very difficult to do for the Sims team and I think it would be a lot of fun for people if they could mix and match some accessories (like the feather earring on one ear and a little stud on the other, for example).

What do you all think?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,117 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope we all get the demo soon.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LilyonalillypadLilyonalillypad Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Overall I am enjoying the demo, it runs very smooth and I think I'm getting the hang of the menu. The only true issue I have is downloading the game updates, it frustrates me because I can't play the demo until it is updated, but the update fails constantly. When I try to update, in about 1-2 minutes the whole download is done and when it stars "finishing" after 100% it fails. It is very irritating because it just keeps failing until eventually after trying for a couple of days it works. I don't know why it happens, but it sucks. I even restart the computer and it makes no difference. I really hope it isn't like this when I have to do updates to the base game because I want to be able to play my game when I have free time not loose my opportunity because it's stuck and won't update.
  • Options
    mira6969mira6969 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I really like !!! :-) However, the big negative for me, that is not my native language ... which is Hungarian. Of course I know little English and German, but I know well enough that it would be better to enjoy the game on your tongue :) I hope will be the original, although I have heard that it is not ... :(
  • Options
    trueblood76trueblood76 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been playing the Sims since the beginning and when I finally got my hands on The Sims 4 CAS Demo I was so excited to try it out!!

I LOVE the interface, how up-to-date the fashion is, and the ability to create anyone I want with a few clicks and pulls of the mouse. I created my sim-self and people are blown away of how it looks just like me!

Thank you for creating a fresh new Sims game. I can't wait till Sept 2nd to immerse myself in the brand new world of Sims 4.

Great Job!!
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited August 2014
    DawnNinja wrote:
    Feed Back Part 2 (After Playing a While)

Good
      Outfits are amazing, and I know there are more coming.
      Animations in the CAS are amazing.
      Love the shading options for facial features. They really help get all the details, like dimples or rounder cheek bones.
      I can easily make lots of different Celebrities!

Bad
      Need More Male Hairdo Options. I would love to see dreadlocks, more super short hair options, and more long hair options.

Bugs
      When moving the nose bridge it often snaps to an extreme, and undo won't go back to what it was before.
      My personal, saved local sim files often show up blank, and when I click on blank ones--they don't pop up the actual family. Only my newest Sims are available to me. This is working as intended for the ones I've uploaded to community.

Suggestions
      I wish there was an option to report or suggest removal for people who take your sim and reupload it as an exact or almost exact duplicate of yours. Or it would be nice if when you upload a Sim you could do a checkbox that makes it so people can't reupload it. People reuploading replicas of my sims has happened to me a lot, and it's fairly annoying. I am glad it says my name on it as well though... even if I don't get the downloads for something I made.
      I would love to have an additional base nose option that has a small "split" down the middle like Sandra Bullock's nose. I've wanted that appearance twice now.
      It would be cool if I could organize my personal sim inventory inside folders or sections. I already have 60+ sims so I have to scroll. For example: I'd like a celebrity folder.
      I would love to have a Clueless trait.
      I would love to have other Athletic Lifetime Aspirations available instead of just wanting to be a body builder.
      I would love to have an additional Lifetime Aspiration under Food that is about living a healthy eating lifestyle--if eating healthy is really something you can do in this game.

These are some really good suggestions. I concur, especially with the people reuploading Sims. I see that a lot. I'm not sure how many of mine were. I've seen two but there were additions to my base family every time. Also, the original uploader could be notified when there is a reupload of thier creation just like when a comment is made on it.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    dollhousecowgirldollhousecowgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I really liked the new cas, using the new system
    was very easy. I loved all the detail you could put into your sims.
    Hoping that we will have the create a pattern tool.

:wink: Dollhousecowgirl :-)
  • Options
    VaciliosVacilios Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Love the new Create a Sim! Though it takes a little getting used to, I think the click-and-drag creating is so much better than the sliders from Sims3!

The only thing I would suggest is adding some different hair styles (at least for the guys, those are the only ones I've worked with so far). Is it just me, or did the hair styles look like they were too tall (like they came off the head too high) to anyone else? Also, will there not be way to change our sim's height?

Looking forward to the new game coming out soon!
  • Options
    Everett94Everett94 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    The demo is great I hope you add more selection of clothing
  • Options
    millyloversmillylovers Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I honestly think this is really cool!I liked messing around with the drag to create thingy xD... I have had one problem so far though. My cursor would only be able to rotate the sim. Like I could click stuff but I couldn't confim and/or choose anything. When I tried to get offit wouldn't let me click the "check" button all it did was rotate the sim.. WEIRD. Had to restart my computer so it would close the program xD
  • Options
    BrightuathaBrightuatha Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I really do like the demo. I like the way the aspirations are categorized (though I think more could be done with athletic, something like body builder, yoga instructor, karate expert). I like how the traits have been set up. I had no issues running the software at all.

However I found I did miss that sculpting and inventing were not included in the aspirations anywhere (Inventing had been one of my favorites in Sims 3). I also noticed that there is no longer workaholic as a trait, I really liked being able to have my Sims go to work and maintain a good mood during it. This helped a lot with their advancement in their jobs.

So over all, I think the Create a Sim is very good, and I have pre-ordered Sims 4 when it was first available to do so, as I like the Sims so much. I am looking forwards to this game, and trust you have made it more fun then even Sims 3 has been!
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2014
    This will be fairly long, I tend to have a lot to say about the demo once I start talking.

I do like the new CAS, and I've had no problems with the demo... so that's all good.

I do wish we could randomize the aspirations and traits, because I'm lazy, also I tend to pick the same ones over and over if I can't randomize.

And I wish we set the makeup to stick across all categories, it's kind of awkward to scroll through and find the right style, and then the right colour again, up to 4 more times.

I find it can be awkward to get at some of the control points... sometimes I think I grabbed one but as I click and drag it's actually another by the time I actually press down I've managed to hover over something else. I'm on a laptop and my touchpad is more awkward than most laptops even, so it can get really frustrating.

I am aware the demo is not the full version, but after all the hype about being able to create more diverse sims, I feel the hair and makeup options/colours to enhance those more diverse sims are limited. So I really hope that will be better in the full version.

What bugs me most is the way the hair often sits on my sims heads. It's often too high on their heads, and I have to either find another hair or adjust their whole face shape/heights so much. It would be nice if there was an easier way to fix that, unless I've missed it.

Overall though, it is better than in TS3. I do like a lot about it. It is easier to control than I thought it would be, once I pick up a control point it's pretty easy and responsive. The push and pull concept is better than the sliders of TS3. I think the sims look better overall. And I do feel we can create more diverse and unique sims, despite the lack of makeup and hairs to suit different ethnicity's at least in the demo (again I realize it may be better in the full game).

Oh, the one real problem I had, I saw somebody else mentioned it (which reminded me), but I found like sometimes if I messed up the nose (I think it happened on other features too), I couldn't undo it to put it back, it would start undoing what I'd done before that. I mean I can fix whatever it was relatively easily without using undo anyway, but I'd still like to be able to use it properly.

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    There is nothing too bad about it. My only complaint is the lack of color wheel. I know that someone on modthesims made one and it is possible.